What Is The
"what is the"
Subcategories Pages in category
This category has the following 11 subcategories, out of 11 total.
- ► Knowing the Real Problem (9 P)
Pages in category "What Is The"
The following 286 pages are in this category, out of 286 total.
- A guru is mahajana because he knows what is religion and what is the law given by God. Therefore he's mahajana. How he has become mahajana? Because he is following the previous mahajana. That's all. It is not difficult. Evam parampara-praptam
- A Vaisnava is para-duhkha-duhkhi. He knows what is the real suffering of humanity
- A Vaisnava, because he is Krsna conscious, he knows what is real suffering, because he understands from Krsna
- Actually in the West there is now no culture, and no brain even for what is the purpose of life. American civilization is finished, except that it can be saved if it takes to Krsna Consciousness
- Acyutananda Maharaja, why do they say, "I think," "In my opinion"? What is the value of your opinion?
- After giving up your this body, you have to accept another body. Then what is the value of material knowledge? This time you may have this human form of body, next time you may not have
- All living entities, they are ajnah; they have forgotten what is the value of life
- All the Mayavadi sannyasis replied: undoubtedly You (Caitanya) are very fortunate to have attained this stage of love of Godhead. But what is the fault in Vedanta? It is the duty of a sannyasi to read and understand Vedanta. Why do You not study it
- All these, my students, all of them are Americans, and they come from Christian or Jewish group. None of them came from Hindu or India. But what is the process I have given to them? The process is chant Hare Krsna. It is very simple method
- Although sunshine is not different from the sun, still, if you simply study scientifically, scientifically, what is the molecules, what are these rays, where this brilliant illuminative thing . . . so many things you can go on studying
- Analyze the chemicals and combine them and put in the incubator. You get one chicken. Why the rascals cannot do it? And still, they say that life comes from chemicals. What is the answer?
- And it is very easy. And you can do in happy mood. And what is the process? We chant Hare Krsna and eat Krsna-prasada and study Bhagavad-gita philosophy, hear nice musical sounds. Is it very difficult? Is it very difficult? Not at all
- "And what is the best subject to hear of?" Caitanya Mahaprabhu next asked. "The pastimes of Radha and Krsna," Ramananda replied. Actually when the pastimes of Radha and Krsna are heard from the right source, one at once attains liberation
- And what is the greatest reputation one can have?" Lord Caitanya asked Ramananda Raya, and Ramananda immediately replied that a person reputed to be Krsna conscious should be considered the most famous man in the world
- Any intelligent man will see that what is the value of my material knowledge? I have to die. I have to be victim of disease and old age. Then what is the value?
- Anyone can experience. The body is active so long the soul is there. It doesn't require much intelligence. Simply one can understand what is the difference between the dead body and the living body
- Arjuna said: What is the destination of the man of faith who does not persevere, who in the beginning takes to the process of self-realization but who later desists due to worldly-mindedness & thus does not attain perfection in mysticism? BG 6.37 - 1972
- Ask anybody that "What is the aim of your life?" Nobody... Nobody will be able to say
- Because a human body is very much advanced, has got the power to kill animals, therefore they are speaking this nonsense that the animal has no soul. Why the animal has no soul? What is the symptom of possessing soul
- Because he is rascal, therefore he's 'ex,' excommunicated. My Guru Maharaja kicked him out, so what is the value of his word? Ex means he's executed. That's all. He's finished
- Because nature is so perfect, at the time of your death, what is the mental condition, you will get a similar body, next life
- But what is the position of a woman who is left by her husband? She is entrusted to the son, and the son promises that he will deliver his mother from entanglement
- By impure consciousness we are transmigrating from . . . now this time, you may be very happy that you have got a very nice body, American body, or you are enjoying life. But do you know what is the next life? That you do not know
- By praying, it is expected that one should have mercy of God. So what is the test that he has got the mercy of God?
- Caitanya Mahaprabhu recommended that what is the actual benefit of this human form of life? To develop our dormant love for God. That is wanted, not to accumulate money. Nothing will go with us
- Caitanya Mahaprabhu, Krsna, He says, yei krsna tattva vetta, sei guru haya: "Anyone who knows the science of Krsna, he's guru." And what is the guru's business? Whomever you meet, you just try to impress upon him about the instruction of Krsna
- Can anyone count what is the number of mustards seeds in a bag, in a one-ton or two-ton bag? Innumerable. It is beyond our experience. But there are so many universes, just like packed up in a bag. This is called material world
- Can you make any material laws or scientific knowledge that you will not become old? No. You cannot stop death, you cannot stop birth, you cannot stop old age, you cannot stop disease. So what is the value of your material knowledge
- Even Darwin's theory. He's proposing, "Perhaps; it may be," and he's writing a big book, anthropology. And people are taking knowledge from that book. So if his knowledge based on "Perhaps; maybe," what is the value
- Every moment the reincarnation is going on, every second. What is the question of believe? It is a fact
- Everyone is fool, rascal. He does not know what is the real problem of life
- Everyone should be inquisitive for the ultimate benefit of life. What is that ultimate benefit of life? The ultimate benefit of life is to stop this repetition of birth and death, old age and disease. That is ultimate benefit of life. But they do not know
- Everything is mine - my eyes, my finger, my hand. My, my, my, and what is the I? The I is that consciousness, in which I am thinking, - This is mine
- First of all thing is the, what is the aim of practicing yoga? So to achieve that end, that purpose, you have to control the mind, because mind is very flickering, going here, there, there, there
- First of all we must know what is the aim of life and then the question of organization
- First you must understand what actual progress is. The thing is that if you try to progress vainly, what is the use of trying? If it is a fact you cannot change your material destiny, why should you try for that
- Foolish persons, they do not know what is the ultimate goal of their life. They are thinking that, Satisfaction in the material way of life will give me ultimate pleasure or ultimate satisfaction. That is my ultimate goal
- Gramya means ordinary deals, ordinary dealings, social etiquette. They call me Panditaji, but actually I do not know what is the aim of my life, what is my constitutional position
- Grhi means anyone who is living within this body or anyone who is living within this material world. It is a compact thing. So they are very poor-hearted. They do not know what is the value of life
- He (Tapana Misra) was a learned scholar, but he could not ascertain what the goal of life is. Therefore he was given a chance to hear Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu instructing Sanatana Gosvami
- Hiranyakasipu or the manufacturer of the atomic bomb, they are also undergone severe austerities. It is not manufactured all of a sudden. But it required brain and perseverance. They have manufactured, but what is the value?
- How do you differentiate the Krsna Mahabharata and Krsna God different? Because Krsna is speaking Bhagavad-gita. That is a chapter in the Mahabharata. So how do you differentiate? What is the cause that you are differentiating?
- How to conclude what is the right path?
- Howard wants one of the Mimeograph machine here so that copies of Back to Godhead required here may be printed here. What is the weight of the machine and what will be cost of transport charges
- Human being or animal, they are not different, because the body is made of the same ingredient. If you manufacture a dog like a dog, like a man, what is the difference? The ingredient is the same: earth
- Human life is meant for earning values. This life is called arthadam, or that which can deliver values. And what is the greatest value of life? It is returning home, back to Godhead, as indicated in the Bhagavad-gita
- I am hearing indirectly that everything is going well in our London and European centers. Still I would like to know from you what is the situation. I am expecting a report from you on all new developments in the activities of the centers there
- I am pushing on this Krsna consciousness movement, I am doing so many things which sometimes my Godbrothers out of envy criticize. But I know what is the circumstances how to do it. They do not know it. I know my business
- I am such a pandita that I do not know what is the goal of my life and what is real benefit for me. I am such a pandita. That means, I am murkha. I do not know my own self-interest
- I do not know anything about this account. Who is the Secretary? Who are the signatories? What is the purpose of the account?
- I do not know why our disciples are so anxious to take sannyasa, at least those who are outside. Everyone comes: "Give me sannyasa." What is the idea?
- I want to know fully what is the position of Bhaktivedanta Manor (I think it is not good) and Germany. You must analyze these problems very carefully and make frequent reports and I will give you further instructions
- I've advised all the GBC members here to keep regular correspondence with you. So what is the cause for mistrust? I do not know
- If Brahma or the sun cannot create anything without acquiring knowledge from a superior, then what is the situation with the material scientists who are fully dependent on so many things?
- If he (who wants to control the mind) acts whimsically, what is the possibility of the mind being controlled? When the mind is finally trained to the point where it will think of nothing but Krsna, it will attain peace and will become very tranquil
- If one argues, "What is the purpose of this sinful creation and annihilation?" the answer is that to prove His (the Supreme Lord's) omnipotence He can do anything, and no one can question Him
- If one cannot assimilate the Vedic knowledge, veda-vada-parah partha nanyad astiti vadinah, if they become simply Vedic student, without assimilating, then it is very difficult. But if one can understand what is the idea of Vedic principle, it is easy
- If one does not ask, "Who am I? What is the goal of my life?" but instead follows the same animal propensities as cats and dogs, what is the use of his education?
- If one does not hear Krsna, then he must be grouped in these categories: duskrtina, mudha, naradhama, mayayapahrta-jnana. What is the value of their so-called education if they cannot understand the simple truth, tatha dehantara-praptih - BG 2.13
- If one works very hard, suffering the threefold miseries, and then is successful in getting some small benefit, what is the value of this benefit
- If our education is meant for simply eating, sleeping, mating and defending, then what is the difference? That is not education. Real education is to understand what you are. That is real education. Atma-jnana
- If people continue to act sinfully, then what is the use of this kind of prayascitta?" This is a very intelligent question
- If somebody does not know what is atma-tattva, what is the science of soul, then whatever he is making so-called advancement, that is all defeat
- If the body, the American body or Indian body, or good name and big name, it has no consciousness, then what is the value? No value
- If the religious men kill so many chickens daily, then what is the irreligious man do
- If there is no brain, no head, then what is the use of these arms and legs and belly? It is all dead. So in human society, if there is not a class of learned, truthful, and honest men - men with all the brahminical qualifications - then society is ruined
- If there is no pleasure, if there is no enjoyment, then what is the point of going to so much trouble to control the senses? What kind of pleasure are the yogis relishing if they are taking so much trouble? That pleasure is ananta - endless. How is this
- If we analyze, what is the fault of Jesus Christ, there is no fault. The only fault he was preaching about God. And still he'd find so many enemies. He was cruelly crucified
- If we are searching for knowledge, we should conduct research to find out whether Krsna is not God. Without any objective, what is the point of thousands of years of speculation
- If you are qualified with the demonic qualification, then you'll be more and more entangled. Unfortunately, the modern civilization, they do not know what is liberation and what is entanglement
- If you are studying Vedas, if you are Vedantist, then ultimate knowledge will depend how you have understood Krsna. If you do not understand Krsna, what is the use of your studying Vedanta and Vedas? It is useless
- If you employ your tongue in the service of the Lord, He'll reveal Himself to you. He'll reveal, revelation. So therefore we have to control the tongue. What is the tongue's business? The tongue's business is taste and vibrate
- If you keep someone on the ignorant platform, then what is the benefit of making a Christian or a Muslim into a Hindu? No, artificially changing someone into a Hindu will not help. One must know the philosophy of life
- If you take the instruction of Arjuna, then you will understand the Absolute Truth. So what is the instruction of Arjuna? Find out in the tenth chapter
- If you the elder disciples cannot manage things, then what is the future of the society? My business now is to sit down and write my books, and I am requesting you all to please cooperate with me in this endeavor
- If you think that "I am the only son of God, and the animal is . . . has no soul, and let us kill," that is not a very good philosophy. Why not? What is the symptoms of possessing soul
- If you want to know the Absolute Supreme Personality of Godhead, you cannot speculate, neither meditate. It is not possible, because your senses are very imperfect. So what is the way? Just hear from Him
- If you want to make research, then search out what is the original brain, not the process. Process is already going on. What is the use of your research, nonsense
- In a comfortable position, if I keep myself in the dog's mentality, then I am going to get my next life as dog. Then what is the value of this comfortable position
- In future, everyone can expect future. But the hearsay is that: "Trust no future, however pleasant." Why future? In past we could not do. At present we cannot not do. What is the guarantee that in future we'll be able to do
- In the Bhagavad-gita it is stated that a learned man looks upon a well educated Brahmin who is well behaved by education and so also upon a candala who is accustomed to eat the dogs. And what is the purport of this equal vision?
- In the science of logic it is said, "Man is a rational animal." So when rationality is missing, one becomes simply an animal. What is the possibility of being a human being
- In this verse the King (Maharaja Pariksit) has placed two questions before the learned sages. The first question is what is the duty of everyone in all circumstances, and the second question is what is the specific duty of one who is to die very shortly
- It is not possible for their (scientists) so-called science to understand what is the situation of this planetary system and what is the origin of life. They do not know. They admit
- It is not that only human being has got the soul, not others. No. Actually if we make analysis what is the symptoms of possessing soul, you will find everywhere. Even in plants' life you will find
- It is very risky civilization. People are kept into ignorance. He does not know what is the value of life. He does not know what he is. He does not know what is God. He does not know what is life. He does not know what he is going to become next life
- Just like if I'm healthy the finger is also healthy. Then what is the duty of the healthy finger? To serve this body. Similarly, we have got this energy from Krsna, from God. So if you utilize this energy for Krsna then it is proper utilization
- Just like the cow is standing here, sometimes eating this, sometime eating that, sometime eating that. What is the business? Only business: to fill up the belly. That's all
- Just like the light, illumination - there is a source of light, the sunshine, illumination. The source is the sun globe. Similarly, the brahmajyoti, what is the source? Krsna says, brahmanah aham pratistha: I am the source. From Me it is coming
- Just like this finger is the part and parcel of my body. So what is the duty of this finger? To abide by the order of the body. I want: "Finger, you stand like this"; the finger is standing. "You come here," "Yes." That is part and parcel
- Let the movement go forward more and more. Now you have got nice places, filled with devotees. Don't be anxious for me. That, Krsna will take. And even if I go, where is the harm? Old man
- Liberation from repeating birth and death. That is our real suffering. The modern, rascal civilization, they do not know actually what is the end of suffering
- Lord Caitanya inquired: "What is the most profitable thing in the world, the essence of all auspicious events?" Ramananda Raya replied that there is nothing as profitable as the association of pure devotees
- Maharaja Pariksit's main question was: "What is the duty of every man, specifically at the time of death?"
- Mayavadi philosophers, they take one side only, that it is one. They do not understand what is the difference, what is the different taste, varieties. They cannot understand the varieties, unity in diversity
- Modern astronomy, they have got calculation how far the moon planet is there from here, what is the distance, what is the distance between earthly planet, the sun planet. Similarly, there are hellish planets also
- Mumuksava means "desiring to be liberated." They do not know what is liberation. The so-called scientists, philosophers of the modern age, they do not know what is meant by liberation, mumuksa
- My dear father, what is the source of your knowledge? Under whose protection are you standing? And under whom are you working? What is your real position? Do you alone create all entities with material elements by your personal energy
- My dear first-class demon, I think you are asking me what is the best thing. So, in my opinion, everyone is very, very anxious
- My Guru Maharaja used to say the present human society is combination of cheaters and cheated, that's all. No intelligent person. Formerly money was gold and silver coins. It had some value. But what is the present currency? Simply piece of paper
- My other godbrothers they are concerned with litigations, politics, and diplomacy, so what is the pracara? As far as I am concerned I have the blessings of my guru maharaj. I do not need anything else
- Nature means energy. What is the definition of nature?
- Nevertheless, in spite of such knowledge, one is forced to commit sins again and again, even after performing acts of atonement. Therefore, what is the value of such atonement?
- No knowledge of the spiritual life, no knowledge how the soul is transmigrating from one body to another, no knowledge what is the future, no knowledge what is the goal of life. Simply like cats and dogs you dance, eat, drink, be merry and die
- Nobody is serious. They are so dull. Therefore they have been described manda. Manda means so bad, so rascal, that they have no ambition of life. They do not know what is the goal of life. Manda
- Nobody knows what is soul; nobody knows what is the goal of life; nobody knows what is the necessity of the soul. These things are not discussed, neither they know it. So-called religious institution or so-called . . . they do not know
- Nobody wants to suffer from diseases, but nature will force you to suffer from diseases. These are the problems. But the rascal civilization, they do not know what is the real problem
- Now everyone is hankering after very beautiful wife, and Canakya Pandita said, "Then you are bringing one enemy." Just see what is the type of civilization
- Now, even still, we do not come to the understanding what is the difference between the living body and the dead body. There are so many theories, but as I have already told you that we receive knowledge from the perfect person, Krsna
- On the basis of imperfect knowledge this ethic or this humanitarian, what is the value? We do not give any value to all this understanding
- One has to learn very cautiously how, what is the purpose of why Lord Buddha came, why Lord Siva and Sankaracarya came, why other acaryas came, why Caitanya Mahaprabhu came. It requires thorough study under able guidance. Then one can understand
- One may argue by saying that since the spiritual master's relatives and the men of his neighborhood consider him an ordinary human being, what is the fault on the part of the disciple who considers the spiritual master an ordinary human being?
- One must know what is the necessity of the body and what is the necessity of the soul. The real necessity of life is to supply the comforts of the soul. And the soul can be comforted not by material adjustment
- One must not only have the qualities of a brahmana, but one should also work as a brahmana, for one's qualities are tested by his work. If one is a qualified engineer but simply sits down at home and does not work, what is his value
- One thing is, we have not yet developed what we have got, so what is the point of expanding further?
- One time an atheistic svami remarked, "What is the use of watering the tulasi plant? It is better to water eggplant. By watering the eggplant one can get some fruits, but what is the use of watering the tulasi?"
- One who has not undergone austerities and penances according to the Vedic system, what he can understand Bhagavad-gita and the Vedas? Therefore He has warned. And what is the result of tapasya? To become bhakta, devotee
- Out of many millions and millions of persons, actually they are serious to understand, "What is the aim of life? What is God? What is my relation..." Nobody is interested
- Pariksit Maharaja said that although one may cleanse himself in the process of atonement, if he again commits the same sinful acts, what is the use
- People are not interested what is the aim of life, what is the mission of this human form of life; neither there is guidance. There are so many upadravas. That is Kali-yuga
- People are very much so-called philanthropist. They open hospitals, schools and other things, but actually, they do not know what is the real disease of the human being
- People don't know what is the real suffering of his life. Deham punar janma naiti mam eti. That is the real suffering - cycle of birth and death
- People have become so dull-headed, they cannot understand what is the real suffering, and neither they have any inquiries how to mitigate the sufferings
- Prahlada Maharaja say - People in this material world who are enamored with the material energy do not know what the goal of human life is. Why? Because they have been enchanted by the Lord's glaring external energy
- Prasanna means happy mode of life. Brahma-bhutah prasannatma. What is the happy mode of life? Na socati na kanksati. He does not lament. He does not hanker
- Ramananda was a confidential devotee of Caitanya, but a householder and responsible government official, he has given open instruction that it does not matter what is the social or ecclesiastical order, if one is fully in KC, he can act as Acarya
- Real welfare activity means to see to the interest of the soul. So what is the interest of the soul? The interest of the soul is that the soul is part and parcel of Krsna, God
- Regarding your spanish literature, I am very happy to hear that they are selling nicely. Now, print more and distribute more. Let me know what is the most suitable season for going to Brazil and I may go there
- Responsible government means responsible king. So what is the responsibility of the king? The responsibility that all the citizens, all the inhabitants of the state, they should live very comfortably and develop Krsna consciousness
- Round about our temple there are many apartment houses constructed. Will you enquire about an apartment not less than three rooms and up to four rooms and find out what is the price and what are the terms
- Running means just like the river is running in great tide, flowing, but the destination is the sea. When the river comes to the sea, then its destination gone. So similarly, we must know what is the destination. The destination is Visnu, God
- Sadhana means the activity by which we can attain, we can achieve that goal of life. This is called sadhya-sadhana. The Darwin theory, although they are giving some idea of progressive evolution, but he does not know what is the goal of life
- Sanatana dharma means the strong will utilize the energy of the weak. That we see everywhere, is it not? So that competitive spirit makes us strong, otherwise it is a society of weak men only, & what is the good of such society?
- Sanatana Gosvami is ideal disciple and Lord Caitanya is the ideal teacher, and we should learn how to approach a teacher and what is the qualification of a teacher
- Sankara said, "No, matter is our false position. Spirit is real position." But he did not say anything, what are the activities of the spiritual life
- Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya informed his brother-in-law, Gopinatha Acarya, "The Supreme Personality of Godhead may not have shown mercy to me, but what is the proof of His having shown it to you? Kindly let us know about this"
- Simply by casual lectures there is no possibility of any tangible work but the above mentioned standard work will do impress the people what actually the Hindu culture is
- Simply theorizing, making plan, and they do not know what is the suffering. Such a rascal civilization. So we have to introduce real civilization. Therefore we are struggling so hard
- Simply theorizing, making plan, and they do not know what is the suffering. Such a rascal civilization. So we have to introduce real civilization. Therefore we are struggling so hard. So make in such a way
- Since you (bumblebee) are the messenger of such a person as He, what is the use of your presence here? Certainly Krsna would be ashamed of your presence in this assembly
- So it is a culture, Vedic culture, which, if it is spread all over the world, people will be benefited because at the present moment people do not know what is the treasure house of spiritual culture. They do not know. They have got some vague idea
- So-called independence means anatha. Anatha. What is the independence? At any time nature's law will come and kick it out
- Spiritual revolution means the people should understand what is the Supreme Truth, and then mold their character and activities according to that relationship. Then that is success of human life
- Spiritualism (means) there where one understands that what is the constitutional position of spirit and act according to that
- Tat tvam asi. That means you are spirit soul. So what is the objection?
- That a dog, it does not know what is the taste. He is simply chewing the, one bone, this way, that way, this way, that way. Because he is animal. He has no other engagement. So this whole society is animal. Especially the westerners
- That is the defect of Western civilization. Vox populi, taking opinion of the public. But what is the value of this public? Drunkards, smokers, meat-eaters, woman-hunters
- The advancement of knowledge in any department, that is very good. But what is the aim? The aim is to glorify the Supreme Lord. Just like you are lawyer. You gave us help in some difficulty time
- The animal has no soul? So imperfect knowledge. So on the basis of imperfect knowledge this ethic or this humanitarian, what is the value?
- The asuras, the demons and proclaimed atheists, actually challenge God. If it were not for our Supreme Father, we would not see the light of day, so what is the point of challenging Him
- The butcher is killing animal because he does not know what is the effect of this killing. Similarly, persons who do not know what is the value of this human form of life and simply spoiling it just like animals, they are also butchering themselves
- The cats and dogs, they cannot understand what is the distinction between spirit and soul, er, spirit and matter, but a human being can understand that, This is spiritual side; this is material side. The spiritual side is important
- The devotee contemplates, "Since You (Lord) are present, what is the use of the transient pleasure derived from society, friendship and love"
- The expert comes and at once sees what is the defect, and he joins one wire, this way and that way, and machine becomes start. Hrzum, hrzum, hrzum, hrzum, hrzum, hrzum
- The father knows what is the necessity of the child. So this is not very good business to ask God, "Give me this, give me that." Why shall I ask? If God is all-powerful, He knows my wants, He knows my necessities, and that is also confirmed in the Vedas
- The first category is the brahmana, the man in knowledge. He knows what is the value of life, how life should be directed this way and that way
- The lowest stage is the karmis. Karmis means those who are working very hard for sense gratification. They are called karmis. And the next stage is the jnani. Wiser than the karmis, they try to realize the value of life, what is the value of life
- The man's knowledge should be developed to find out this technology, what is the difference between a living man and a dead man, a living body and dead body. That is spiritual knowledge
- The question that "Why Bhagavata is so important than other books?" The reply is there: maha-muni krte kim va paraih. "What is the use of other books?" It is written by Maha-muni Vyasadeva, the Vedanta-acarya
- The rascal civilization, they do not know what is the real problem. They're dealing with petrol problem. Just see. Petrol problem, you have created another problem. Already there is problem. You have created, by so-called civilization, petrol problem
- The real problem of life is to understand the self. But there is no educational system throughout the whole world what is the self, what is his need, how it is constituted, how it is working
- The result of having accumulated money by so much labor is certainly not happiness, but only distress. What is the value of acquiring a comfortable position if one's mind is always disturbed
- The so-called modern scientific world, advanced, they do not know what is the actual living force within this body which is moving this body. So long the soul or the living force is within this body, it is moving
- The Visnudutas particularly inquired about who is punishable and why Yamaraja has been designated to discriminate between who is punishable and who is not. How is one to be judged? What is the basic principle of authority?
- The world is full of rascals, therefore there is need of so many gurus to teach them. But what is that qualification of the guru? How everyone can become guru?
- There are so many commentators on Bhagavad-gita, but nobody has pointed out what is the real business of Bhagavad-gita
- There are so many scientist; they are discovering vitamin value from foodstuff. Now, what is the vitamin value in the dry grass? Can any scientist say that this is the vitamin value in dry grass
- There is no guarantee that he'll get human body. Therefore it is very risky civilization at the modern time. They do not know what is the goal of life. Simply like cats and dogs they are eating, sleeping, having sex life and dying. That's all
- There is no question of belief. Now let us quest... We believe that "If I see, that is all right," but what is the value of your seeing? You cannot see beyond this wall
- There should be an educational department to understand what is soul, what it is nature, how it is working, what is the future, wherefrom it is coming. So many things there. But there is no education for this prime factor
- These karmis? They have no hope. Simply wild goat chasing, that's all. They do not know what is the aim of life. Na te viduh svartha-gatim hi visnum (SB 7.5.31). They do not know the real aim of life is to satisfy Visnu, svartha-gatim. Yajna
- These rascals will change every year their theology. So what is the value of their words? Childish. He is a rascal. We say, "Krsna, the Supreme" We never change it. And "Surrender is the only process" We shall never change it
- These sixteen thousand wives, how they became wives? You know the story, that many beautiful, sixteen thousand beautiful, I mean to say, king's daughters were kidnapped by the asura. What is the name of that asura? Bhaumasura
- They (the demigods and great sages) can understand neither His (Krsna's) name nor His personality, so what is the position of the so-called scholars of this tiny planet? BG 1972 purports
- They (the great scientists) do not care what is the real problem and how to solve it. They do not care for it. But here is a movement, Krsna consciousness. There is the real solution of all problems, if people take it seriously. Yes
- They (the people) do not know what is the aim of life. Simply by false hopes they are trying to adjust things with material effects. That will never be done. Durasaya. Durasaya means it is useless hope
- They are making scientific researches to become happy, but these rascals, they do not know how to stop death. So what is the nice? But they have no brain to understand
- They do not know what is the importance of the varnasrama-dharma. They have broken it. They don't like. They want to say classless society
- They do not know what is the solution of world problems. What is that solution? They do not know the solution is svartha-gatim visnum: your interest is to love God. Unfortunately, you have been misled, durasaya, by a false hope
- They do not know what is the value of life, how to make this human form of life successful. Mandah. Just like we are chanting all over the whole world that "Chant Hare Krsna mantra and you will be happy." Still, they are not very much interested
- They have the botanical garden, but do they know what is the science why there is tree and why there is ant, why there is bird, why there is man?
- They say that God cannot come. But if I put the question: "Why God cannot come?" what is the answer? If God is all-powerful, why you are curtailing His power, that He cannot come? What kind of God is He? God is under your law, or you are under God's law?
- They say, "We shall do in future." And what is the future? Then why you are at present making false propaganda? Wait for the future
- This beautiful Bhagavatam, compiled by the great sage Sri Vyasadeva, is sufficient in itself for God realization - Srimad-Bhagavatam 1.1.2
- This beautiful Bhagavatam, compiled by the great sage Sri Vyasadeva, is sufficient in itself for God realization. What is the need of any other scripture? - SB 1.1.2
- This energy was never created, then what is the need for a creator
- This human form of body is a great concession given by the material nature. People are so miscreant and foolish. They do not understand what is the value of this human form of life
- This is the modern civilization. They do not know what is the goal of life. And without knowing the goal of life, they are trying to adjust things on this material platform
- This is the opportunity offered to you by the Lord - take advantage of it and set exemplary activities so that our countrymen may know what is the duty of a bona fide Indian
- This is the special prerogative of human being, that he can understand the nature, this cosmic manifestation, and the enjoyer of the nature, and he can be fully conversant about what is the object of knowledge, jneyam
- This question was asked to Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu by a devotee. He was householder. So he inquired, My dear Sir, what is the real standard of behavior of a devotee
- Those who are very intelligent persons, those who can understand what is the situation of our life, "What I am . . ." These things are very intelligent questions
- To understand Krsna is not so easy job. First of all, so many millions and millions of living entities are there. They are not interested. They are just like animals: "Eat, drink, be merry and enjoy." Nobody's interested what is the success of life
- Two words are there. One is singular number, nitya, eternal, and the other is plural number, nityanam. So we are plural number. Plural number eternals. We do not know what is the numerical strength of the living entities. They are described as asankhya
- We (King Nimi) are asking you (the Nine Yogendras) to tell us what is the most perfect welfare activity. I think that in this material world, association with devotees - even if it be for a moment - is the greatest treasure house for mankind
- We are not aware what is the aim of life. So Krsna is very kind. He therefore comes. He came just before the beginning of this Kali-yuga, the most fallen age, and left for us the Bhagavad-gita
- We are not submitting to suffering. Then what is the civilization? We don't want suffering. That is our position
- We are performing the actual welfare work of society by informing everyone through our literatures who is God, who they are, and what is the relationship
- We are running so fast for going to hell. This is our position, because we do not know what is the destination. If I do not know what is the destination and try to drive my car in full speed, then what will be the result? The result will be disaster
- We are so fool that we do not understand what is the real problem of life. We are simply busy in temporary problems. Real problem is that a living being is eternal, and by the laws of nature, by his karma, he has to change his body. That is real problem
- We are sometimes labeled "escapists." What is the charge
- We do not say that we do not believe in the demigods. No, we believe in. But they are servants. We cannot make the servant & master on the equal footing. We worship Durga. Now, what is the function? She is acting by the desire of the Supreme Lord, Govinda
- We don't very much like this so-called democracy. What is the value of this democracy? All fools and rascals. They vote another fool and rascal, and he becomes prime minister, or this or that
- We have got good brain. Instead of utilizing the brain to know what is the active principles of this whole universe, if we utilize that brain for manufacturing a watch, that is not very good proposal
- We have to know actually from authentic sastra what is the actual thing. Sastra-caksusa. You don't see with your these blunt eyes, rascal eyes. We see through the sastra. That should be. That is real knowledge
- We must know, we must find out guru who knows sastra, the essence of sastra, Vedic, Vedas. What is the essence of Vedas? Vedanta. Vedanta means to know Krsna
- We require vigorous propaganda to make these fools to understand what is the real aim of life. That should be our propaganda
- We see so many varieties of people, men, in the society, and what is the difference of variety? One has got good brain, another has got dull brain
- We should consider what was the religion of the world 2,600 years ago because modern history cannot place before you any chronological list of religious evolution within 2,600 years
- We should study philosophically and scientifically, analyze what is this body and what is beyond the body - soul - and what is the soul's function, where is the soul's place; ultimately what is the end goal of the activities of the soul
- We should tax our brains as to what is the best way to present Krishna Consciousness to particular people at a particular time and place
- We will have to see what is the price if printed in America or Japan
- Well, the hippies, they are nonsense. What is the value of their anything? They have no value. They are crazy, mad fellows. That's all. There is no philosophy, nothing of the sort
- What has happened to the registration of the society in Fiji. When I left it was settled up that you would remain there until the completion, but I have not heard from you and I am anxious to know what is the situation there. Please inform me
- What is the aim of performing tapasya? The aim is to please the Supreme Lord through the spiritual master. Yasya prasadad bhagavat-prasado: "One can attain the mercy of the Lord only by attaining the mercy of the spiritual master." This is the idea
- What is the attachment? The attachment involves prakrti and purusa
- What is the basis of peace? Basis of peace is love
- What is the benefit of taking the trouble to engage in the service of the Lord? This is not a valid objection
- What is the best kind of worship for Krsna? Now, ramya kacid upasana vraja-vadhu-vargena ya-kalpita: "The highest kind of worship is as demonstrated by the damsels of Vrndavana, the girl friend of Krsna." Yes
- What is the busyness of these Krsna conscious students? They are busy in chanting Hare Krsna, in distributing knowledge in Krsna consciousness. Therefore they are doing the best welfare work in the world
- What is the caste system? There is no caste system. Everyone is sudra. Who is a brahmana now, qualified, except one or two in our camp?
- What is the comparison of thousands of prajapatis to one devotee of the Lord
- What is the difference between man and animal? They do not find any difference?
- What is the difficulty to understand this logic, that the soul is immortal and the body is changing? What is the difficulty? Just try to understand. You have to preach immortality of the soul, transmigration of the soul
- What is the distinction of this dead body and the living body? So according to Vedic instruction, according to Krsna's instruction, the body is always dead. But so long the soul is there, it appears to be living
- What is the duty of the finger? The finger has to catch the foodstuff and put into the mouth. The finger cannot enjoy; it has given to the stomach. Similarly, if we are parts and parcel of Krsna, we cannot enjoy anything directly without giving Krsna
- What is the goal of vedanta-darsana? Veda means "knowledge," and anta means "ultimate." What is that ultimate knowledge
- What is the highest happiness? Sri Krsna tells Arjuna: In that joyous state (samadhi), one is situated in boundless transcendental happiness and enjoys himself through transcendental senses. Established thus, one never departs from the truth - BG. 6.21
- What is the highest standard of education? Lord Caitanya began His inquiry, and Ramananda Raya immediately replied that the highest standard of education is knowledge of the science of Krsna
- What is the importance of speaking by Krsna if it is changeable like material things? Then what is the authority of Krsna? Is it changeable
- What is the instrument for measuring Krsna's spiritual energy?
- What is the interest of maintaining body and soul together? One earns money for maintenance of the body - personal or social
- What is the means of attaining to the transcendental position?
- What is the method of religion? To accept the authority of God. That is the primary principle of every religion, may be Christian religion or Hindu religion or Muhammadan religion. It doesn't matter
- What is the nature of this illusion, and how can it be overcome? That is also explained in Bhagavad-gita: daivi hy esa guna-mayi mama maya duratyaya mam eva ye prapadyante mayam etam taranti te
- What is the nonsense? You are all nonsense
- What is the position of a person or any being who does not know to make distinction what is dharma and adharma?
- What is the problem of the human life?
- What is the purport of devotional service, or what is the humor of devotional service, can be understood by a person who has accepted Lord Caitanya's lotus feet as everything
- What is the purpose of human life? If we are not meant for living like the dogs and hogs, then what is the standard of human life
- What is the purusah, the Supreme Person, like? Yasyantah-sthani bhutani yena sarvam idam tatam
- What is the real purpose of the human form of life? Cultivating Krsna consciousness. Other things will be obtained by nature's law, which is ultimately God's law
- What is the result of your being so busy? "Well, I take two pieces of toast and one cup of tea. That's all." (Laughter.) And for this purpose you are so busy
- What is the sign, what is the symptom of such guru where I shall get real information? That is also stated: jijnasuh sreya uttamam, sabde pare ca nisnatam. One who is fully aware of the transcendental science or words, sabda, sabda-brahma
- What is the source of understanding Krsna? Srimad-Bhagavatam. Amalam puranam. If you study Srimad-Bhagavatam, then you attain all these things
- What is the symptom of guru? Samit-panih srotriyam brahma-nistham. Guru means who has learned knowledge by the parampara system. Srotriyam brahma. The result is that he is perfectly a devotee
- What is the symptom of possessing soul? First of all try to understand. That is explained in the Bhagavad-gita. The presence of soul can be perceived when there is consciousness on the body. This is the proof
- What is the symptoms of possessing soul? The symptoms of possessing soul is described in the Bhagavad-gita: yena sarvam idam tatam (BG 2.17). The consciousness
- What is the use of a bowman's arrow or a poet's poetry if they penetrate the heart but do not cause the head to spin?
- What is the use of a bowman's arrow or a poet’s poetry if they penetrate the heart but do not cause the head to spin
- What is the use of going to see another woman naked? You are seeing every day, every night, your wife naked. Why you are... Because they have no other engagement
- What is the use of keeping a cow when the milk is available in the market? Oh, sex life is so cheap. Why shall I take the responsibility of marrying? - This is going on
- What is the value of material knowledge? Because you cannot change the order of transmigration of the soul from one body to another. That you have to accept according to your karma. So, therefore, material knowledge will not help me
- What is the value of the children's decision? Is there any value? Because he's not in proper understanding, what is the meaning of his decision? So one child makes one decision. Another child makes another decision. There is fight
- What is the value of this comfortable position? I may be in a comfortable position for twenty years, thirty years, fifty years, or at the utmost one hundred years
- What is the wrong? The right side or wrong side, I am driving my car - but it is criminal. You know or not know. Ignorance of law is no excuse. So just similarly there is law of God. So as soon as you violate, you must suffer
- What is this temple? The same ingredients, the same cement, same brick, same stone, same worker, same plan as the skyscraper. But what is the difference? Because it is cikitsitam, it is for Krsna
- What then is the purpose of the ritualistic sections of the Vedic literature, and what is the purpose of the upasana-kanda, which contains different mantras or hymns for worshiping various demigods?
- When Hiranyakasipu, the father of prahlada Maharaja, asked his son, - My dear boy, what is the best thing you have learned from your teachers
- When I give up this body, my mentality causes me to become a cat, a dog, or a mouse, what is the benefit of this comfortable position? But people do not consider this
- When Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu was talking with Ramananda Raya, Caitanya Mahaprabhu inquired, "What is the greatest reputation?" Ramananda Raya replied that a person who is reputed as a great devotee has the greatest reputation
- When Parvati asked Lord Mahadeva, Lord Siva, what is the best method of upasana, or worship, Lord Siva answered, aradhananam sarvesam visnor aradhanam param. Visnupasana, or visnv-aradhana, worship of Lord Visnu, is the highest stage of perfection
- When we initiate, we inquire from the head of the temple, "How long he is coming? What is his behavior?" If he certifies that "Yes, he is doing nice," then we initiate. Our initiation is not so cheap
- When we're in doubts, we have to refer to the authority. Just like when you're diseased, so you go to the physician, "What is the cause of my this trouble?" Similarly, when you're in doubts, you have to approach an authority to clear the doubts
- Which land did he show you? What is the area of the land? Is it suitable for Gurukula? I want the land just in front of our temple. The entrance to the Gurukula will be on the road, and we shall partition this land from the rest of the land with a wall
- Who has created death? Eh? Who has created death? Man creates everything, but who has created your death, Mr. Man? What is the answer?
- Why do you accept these rascals as religious? That is your fault. Why should you stick to them, that they cannot teach what is real religion? So let us give you
- Why not surrender immediately? What is the point in waiting for so many births? When one comes to that point of surrender, he becomes a real sannyasi
- Yamaraja once asked Maharaja Yudhisthira, "What is the most wonderful thing within this world?
- You are manufacturing a machine, some instrument, by the same imperfect senses, then what is the guarantee that this machine, this binocular, if you see through the binocular, the knowledge is perfect? What is your answer?
- You go to Saurastra and see what is the possibility of opening centers there. I want that we should open up more centers in India. When I return to India I shall go there to Saurastra
- You have asked me what are the formalities that you have to observe for recruiting Krishna devotees in India, and the first principle is that you have to become a pure devotee of the Lord. Then you can attempt to convert others to become devotees
- You have asked what is the origin of the black race. This is not an important question. Why should you be curious about the temporary body
- You have mentioned about some criticism made by Jaya Govinda which upset you. I do not know exactly what is the point, but if there is some honest criticism, there should be no cause of becoming upset
- You understand what is the meaning of Bhagavata, this word, Bhagavata? You understand? These are the common questions. If you do not understand this common question then how you can instruct others?
- You will find that they talk better than any great philosopher, better than any scientist or politician. That is the quality of my students. What's the point in talking nonsense?
- Your duty is to appoint nice physician, nice medicine. But is there any guarantee that he will live? Why does he die? You can say that "I have given the best medicine and best medical treatment," still, he dies. What is the cause
- Your only business is to understand what you are, what God is, what is this world, what is your relationship. This is your main business. This is your main business. Not that you earn money and employ it for sense gratification