What is Vaniquotes?
- His Divine Grace A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupāda's compiled teachings.
- Vaniquotes collects together Śrīla Prabhupāda's comments under naturally accruing themes, thus facilitating the reader in gaining a deeper access to the powerful messages that Śrīla Prabhupāda is giving.
- Quotes are presented with scriptural reference and by date. Each quote is also linked to Vanisource, (Prabhupāda's books, lectures, conversations and letters) thus keeping everything very much in context.
- The reader can approach Vaniquotes via philosophical and social themes, the different personalities who present them, or from such interesting directions as Śrīla Prabhupāda's usage of the English, Sanskrit and Bengali languages. All pages will be extensively interlinked.
- With quotes from Śrīla Prabhupāda's lectures and conversations the audio is also being added, offering a profound hearing experience for the reader and thereby keeping the individual quotes even more in context.
- Vaniquotes supplies the resources to enable the further development of the Vanipedia website; other sections, such as Vanipedia articles, Vanibooks, and Vaniversity online courses will be created. The more pages we have in Vaniquotes, the richer the articles in Vanipedia will be, the more comprehensive the compendiums in Vanibooks will be, and the more variegated and inclusive the Vaniversity online courses will be – and all representative of the siddhanta of our disciplic succession.
"Before enlightenment, copy & paste. After enlightenment, copy & paste."
Our simple motto for Vanipedia reflects the massive task of compiling all of Srila Prabhupada's teachings. It also reflects our conviction that Srila Prabhupada has said it all, and it reflects our resolve to stay fixed in our duty until the task is completed.
A Work in Progress
Compiling in Vaniquotes can be compared to building a very big temple. There are lots of stages, and at times the construction site looks a little messy. However, there is a team of architects, engineers and workers of many different capacities all serving together to finish the offering of love to glorify God. Over time the beauty of the temple becomes self-manifested. Similarly we are attempting to build a valuable resource of Srila Prabhupada's teachings and when completed it will become self manifested as a beautiful Vani Temple for all to experience the divine beauty.
- Completing all the petals of Vanipedia is a Herculean task, that will take either;
- a few committed people a long period of time.
- or many committed people a short period of time.
- If you want to find out more about the whole project then everything is explained here.