Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
What is Vaniquotes?
- His Divine Grace A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupāda's compiled teachings.
- Vaniquotes collects together Śrīla Prabhupāda's comments under naturally accruing themes, thus facilitating the reader in gaining a deeper access to the powerful messages that Śrīla Prabhupāda is giving.
- Quotes are presented in scriptural order and by date. Each quote is also linked to Vanisource, (Prabhupāda's books, lectures, conversations and letters) thus keeping everything very much in context.
- The reader can approach Vaniquotes via philosophical and social themes, the different personalities who present them, or from such interesting directions as Śrīla Prabhupāda's usage of the English, Sanskrit and Bengali languages. All pages will be extensively interlinked.
- As Vaniquotes develops, Śrīla Prabhupāda's lectures and conversations will be compiled along with the audio version, offering a profound hearing experience for the reader and thereby keeping the individual quotes even more in context.
- Vaniquotes will supply the resources to enable the further development of the Vanipedia website; other sections, such as Vanipedia articles, Vanibooks, and Vaniversity online courses will be created. The more pages we have in Vaniquotes, the richer the articles in Vanipedia will be, the more comprehensive the compendiums in Vanibooks will be, and the more variegated and inclusive the Vaniversity online courses will be – and all representative of the siddhanta of our disciplic succession.
A Work in Progress
Compiling in Vaniquotes can be compared to building a very big temple. There are lots of stages, and at times the construction site looks a little messy. However, there is a team of architects, engineers and workers of many different capacities all serving together to finish the offering of love to glorify God. Over time the beauty of the temple becomes self manifested. Similarly we are attempting to build a valuable resource of Srila Prabhupada's teachings and when completed it will become self manifested as a beautiful Vani Temple for all to experience the divine beauty.
- Completing all the petals of Vanipedia is a Herculean task, that will take either;
- a few committed people a long period of time.
- or many committed people a short period of time.
What does a completed Vaniquotes look like?
- The ultimate goal is to have 500,000 Pages of which a first term goal is to have 108,000 completed pages.
- As more and more pages are started and completed the value of the linking and grouping under categories and portals becomes obvious.
- Vaniquotes version 0.1 is a small presentation of how the compilations will develop via themes, Prabhupāda's usage of language, and the personalities present in the scriptures.
- At the time of launching version 0.1, 4,702 pages have been named.
- Some categories are quite developed and give an indication of how powerful an educational process Vaniquotes is to enable comprehensive and easily accessible teachings of Srila Prabhupāda placed in their natural themes.
- When clicking around you will find that many pages have yet to be completed or even started.
- As more devotees come forward to assist with compiling, the process will become more complete.
- If you want to find out more about the whole project then everything is explained here.