gentleman | gentlemanlike | gentlemanliness | gentlemanly | gentleman's | gentlemen | gentlemen's | gents
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Pages in category "Gentlemen"
The following 201 pages are in this category, out of 201 total.
- A drop from the ocean of Your (Caitanya's) mercy can drown great mountains like Sumeru and Mandara. Since these two gentlemen are little hills by comparison, it is no wonder that they are being drowned in the ocean of Your mercy
- A gentleman named Bhramaravara from Kendrapada, in the province of Orissa, contributed funds to establish these Deities (of Nityananda, Caitanya Mahaprabhu and Advaita) in the temple. The management of the temple was under the Tota-gopinatha gosvamis
- A man in devotional service is automatically nonviolent. He is the best of gentlemen
- A sweeper woman commanded the respect of many respectable gentlemen simply by manifesting a lady's shyness. Half-naked ladies in the street do not command any respect, but a shy sweeper's wife commands respect from all
- According to Narada Muni and Vedic culture, animal-killers are not even gentlemen, to say nothing of being religious men
- According to the Vedic system, a dog is not allowed to enter the house. Because of their uncleanliness, cats and dogs are not allowed within the apartment of a gentleman, but are so trained that they stand outside
- All of you assembled here are gentlemen. Please judge whether it is befitting to offer this poor brahmana my father's daughter
- All sorts of respectable brahmana gentlemen and ladies, carrying plates filled with various gifts, came with their presentations. Seeing the newborn child, whose form resembled natural glaring gold, all of them happily offered their blessings
- Along with the devotees from Bengal came a gentleman named Kalidasa. He never uttered anything but the holy name of Krsna
- Although jealous rascals protest that Europeans and Americans cannot be given the sacred thread or sannyasa, there is no need even to consider whether one is a gentleman or a rogue because this is a spiritual movement which is not concerned with the body
- Although Krsna was a boy, He implored his father and other elderly gentlemen present there that "There is no need of performing this sacrifice." So they stopped sacrifice. As a result of this, Indra became very much angry, and there was torrents of rain
- As soon as they heard that a festival was going to be held, all kinds of brahmanas and other gentlemen began to arrive. Thus there were innumerable people
- As there are airplanes, ladies and gentlemen, so there must be cities and houses and everything else just suitable to the particular planets
- As you are a gentleman in public welfare activities, I am in need of your help for advancing the cause of my missionary activities
- As you are a popular gentleman of the world you can just engage the rest of your most valuable life in this organized spiritual movement to make a real adjustment of the western material science combined with Indian way of spiritual realization
- At Jagannatha Puri, in the association of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, lived Bhagavan Acarya, who was certainly a gentleman, a learned scholar and a great devotee
- At that time Raghupati Upadhyaya of the Tiruhita district arrived. He was a very learned scholar, a great devotee and a respectable gentleman
- At that time the young brahmana said, "My dear gentlemen, please hear. Just to gain victory in an argument, this man is lying"
- At the end of Kali-yuga, when there exist no topics on the subject of God, even at the residences of so-called saints and respectable gentlemen of the three higher castes at that time the Lord will appear as the supreme chastiser
- At the present moment there are many so-called gentlemen who are expert in killing animals and birds. Nonetheless, these so-called gentlemen profess a type of religion that strictly prohibits killing
- Bahulasva, the King of Videha, was very intelligent and was a perfect gentleman. He was astonished that so many great sages (Narada and others), along with the Supreme Personality of Godhead, were personally present in his home
- Be cheerful and chant Hare Krishna without any lamentation. As I have told you several times that my Guru maharaj used to say that this world is not a fit place for gentleman
- Brahmana means perfect gentleman
- Caitanya Mahaprabhu called him (Sanatana Gosvami) in and ordered him to change his dress so that he would look like a gentleman. For his garment, he used an old cloth of Tapana Misra's. Later, he exchanged his valuable blanket for a torn quilt
- Candrasekhara then made Sanatana Gosvami look like a gentleman. He took him to bathe in the Ganges, and afterwards he brought him a new set of clothes
- Cats and dogs are not allowed within the apartment of a gentleman, but are so trained that they stand outside
- Devotee means very liberal and kind to everyone, always gentleman under all kinds of conditions of life
- Don't think that by becoming Krsna conscious one becomes a vagabond. No. One gentleman talked with me that "Your Vaisnava philosophy has made our country coward." No. You do not know what is Vaisnava
- Durvasa Muni was a very learned brahmana equipped with mystic power, but because he was not a gentleman, he did not know how to use his power. He was therefore extremely dangerous
- Education means everyone should be gentleman
- Even in the United States, when our devotees chant on the street, American ladies and gentlemen inquire from them whether they are actually Americans because no one could expect Americans to become such nice devotees all of a sudden
- Even there is a promise that "We shall not fall down again," that is also not believable. What is the use? Better go and speak philosophy in your grhastha dress, not this dress, but you have nice coat, pants, gentleman
- Every gentleman in your country is anxious about their children, and gradually if the richer section of the people or the government cooperates with us, we can expand this movement for total welfare of the younger generation
- Every gentleman should have a valuable library of these (my books). That we want. Then our preaching is successful
- Every house should have our books, every gentleman, in any language. It doesn't matter. That is our propaganda. Now you are getting all languages, so we can capture the whole world
- Everyone needs money. Everyone needs. Who is not poor? Anyone find out. So many gentlemen sitting here. Who is not in need of food and money? You are also in need of money. So what do you distinguish poor and rich? Everyone needs
- Gentlemen, every night I worship the goddess Bhavani. Since the paraphernalia for the worship is present here, now all you respectable brahmanas and members of the higher castes can understand my position
- Gopinatha Pattanayaka is a good gentleman. He does not desire material benefits from You
- Guru Maharaja was sitting on the couch, so I took him as ordinary gentleman. So then nobody asked me that, that "You are sitting? Get down." No. Nobody asked me. Then I was seeing that all other big, big disciples, they are sitting down
- He (one European gentleman) said that "I find in this temple there is God." "Why? Why you conclude like that?" "That in every temple I saw, that the god, deity, is doing something. But here I see the God is enjoying. He has nothing to do"
- He thought that he is very good gentleman. (indistinct) property is for isvara? No, he says that "We are one. Your property is my property and my property is my property."
- He was a leader among gentlemen and a servant of the devotees. He was a totally qualified plenary expansion of the Supreme Personality of Godhead. Therefore who could equal him in the performance of gigantic ritualistic ceremonies?
- Hiranya means "gold," and kasipu means "soft bed." This cunning gentleman Hiranyakasipu was interested in these two things-money and women-and he wanted to enjoy them by becoming immortal
- Householders may wear dhotis in the Temple, or as they like, but not of the saffron color. They may wear white, yellow, or whatever. Outside the Temple they may wear American gentleman's dress, with Tilaka, flag, and beads
- How is it possible that although we uncivilized inhabitants of the forest have not taken noble births, although we have no physical beauty and although we cannot speak like gentlemen, Lord Ramacandra has nevertheless accepted us as friends?
- I am a sannyasi, but if some important work requires I dress myself just like a smart gentleman, I would immediately accept it. So it is not a problem
- I am always showing your paintings in Krsna Book to respectable Indian gentlemen and ladies and they are very much impressed that my American disciples have taken to this process with so much love and determination
- I am very much pleased to know that you are trying to organize a home for retired gentlemen for fully devoting the rest of their lives for service to Lord Krsna. My Krsna Consciousness movement is especially meant for this purpose
- I beg to inform you that one gentleman has allowed me to sit down in his office for propaganda work in Bombay city and I am seeking your help in this matter
- I had correspondence with one gentleman in England. He says that "We want to be tiger." So I answered "What is the use of tiger?" Tigers, to become tiger... Tiger is very important animal? It is, rather, enemy of the human society
- I have gone through your translation, but it is not acceptable. We have already settled with a Vrindaban gentleman. I am returning herewith your manuscript. Thanking you
- I have no objection if members of the Society dress like nice American gentlemen; but in all circumstances a devotee cannot avoid tilak, flag on head, & beads on neck. These are essential features of a Vaisnava
- I have received a very nice letter from England, sent to Mukunda, by an Indian gentleman named Laksmidasa. If it is possible, maybe you can make an editorial column, with letters to the editor or to our various centers, and use it in that way
- I have seen many gentlemen, as teachers and educationists. As soon as he sees Srimad-Bhagavatam, "Oh, it is about God. Oh, we cannot purchase. We cannot purchase"
- I see in, in, in your country, there are so many gentlemen, they are very fond of becoming servant of cats and dogs. They have no children, but they voluntarily become servant of cats and dogs
- I'll give you one practical example. In my householder life I was a drugstore businessman. So one Muhammadan gentleman, he was supplying me bottles
- If a blind man is walking down the wrong path, how can a gentleman allow him to continue on his way to danger? How can he approve this method? No wise or kind man can allow this
- If He (Lord Caitanya) wants, by His mercy He can convert even a yavana, an unclean follower of non-Vedic principles, into a perfectly well behaved gentleman. This is actually happening in our propagation of the Krsna consciousness movement
- If respectable gentlemen become interested in our Krishna Conscious Movement then our temple in Vrindaban will stand first, because all other temples in Vrindaban gather general mass of people without philosophical understanding
- If we can get some Chinese followers of this cult, it will be a great success. I know that amongst the Chinese there are many scholars & learned cultured gentlemen. To convince them will be easier than others, even though they are of Buddhist philosophy
- If we want to perform real yoga system, then it is very difficult. Nobody... We are sitting here, so many ladies and gentlemen, is it possible for us to live alone in a secluded place in a mountain?
- If you all, ladies and gentlemen present here, take advantage of hearing about God from this institution, you will also become God conscious
- If you at all seriously intend to go to East Pakistan, please contact this gentleman and open correspondence with him and if you think it is favorable you may go there with the blessings of Krsna
- If you criticize my dress, I criticize your dress, that's all. Then you go on criticizing dress, where is the talk between gentlemen? That is our disease, that we are concerned with the dress, this body, not the person who has the dress
- If you take up the matter seriously, I can help you also very seriously in cooperation with all important gentlemen who will arrive at Japan from every corner of the world. Please therefore think of a programme for execution by your good Foundation
- If you want to be a right gentleman, means according to your position... If you are a brahmana, you should act as a brahmana; if you are a ksatriya, you should act as a ksatriya; if you are a vaisya, you act as a vaisya
- In Europe, in America, the process of getting money is not the, like here, that I go to any gentleman, "Give us some donation." That is not possible. You cannot enter even one's house without introduction. Then you are trespasser
- In Hajipura there was a gentlemen named Srikanta, who happened to be the husband of Sanatana Gosvami's sister
- In India the system is that all the ladies and gentlemen who come in the morning to visit the temple bring so many things. Even one morsel of rice or one morsel of flour can be offered
- In ordinary dealings there is cheating. This is Kali-yuga. Ordinarily even when gentleman-gentleman, so-called gentlemen talking, he's trying to cheat him, he's trying to cheat him. By talking. And ordinarily
- In that assembly were many learned scholars, brahmanas and respectable gentlemen. The two brothers Hiranya and Govardhana were also greatly learned
- In the Caitanya-bhagavata, Madhya-khanda, Chapter One, it is said that a gentleman known as Ratnagarbha Acarya was a friend of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu’s father
- In the material world the qualities of the demigods are highly appreciated, just as, even in our experience, the qualities of a gentleman are more highly appreciated than the qualities of a man in ignorance or in a lower condition of life
- In the matter of discharging our mission of Krishna consciousness we have to meet so many so called gentlemen but we must be very cautious for dealing with them as we are cautious in dealing with serpents
- In the morning, when Srivasa Thakura saw all this paraphernalia (such as red flower, a pot of wine etc.) in front of his door, he called for the respectable gentlemen of the neighborhood and showed them that at night he was worshiping Bhavani
- It is found in Bhagavad-gita: Although Krsna was doing everything for Arjuna, Arjuna never sat down idly as a nonviolent gentleman. Rather, he tried his best to fight the battle and be victorious
- It is not that the Lord undergoes direct transformation, which is called parinama-vada. However, being very anxious to protect Srila Vyasadeva from criticism, Sankaracarya became a pseudo gentleman and put forward his theory of illusion - vivarta-vada
- It is pleasing to me that the Gujarati ladies and gentlemen who are in San Francisco, they should take keen interest in this movement because superficially or from the historical point of view, Krishna was a Gujarati
- It is understood from His Holiness Babaji Advaitanandan das Bhaktibhusan that some respectable gentlemen, headed by your Honor, have selected me as the President of Sri Krishna Caitanya Sangeet College, Bhaktivedyalaya Bisramtala, at Serampur
- Jhadu Thakura replied, "It does not befit you to ask this of me. I belong to a very low-caste family, whereas you are a respectable rich gentleman"
- Just like in the airport, all gentlemen are searched out. What does it mean? That every one of us is dishonest. This is the result of modern education
- Just to save my students, both boys and girls, from sinful activities, I am personally taking interest that they may become good gentleman and lady by marriage
- Kalakanya continued: O gentle one (King of the Yavanas), I am now present before you to serve you. Please accept me and thus show me mercy. It is a gentleman's greatest duty to be compassionate upon a person who is distressed
- Kali-yuga is so polluted that the minister is dishonest, the judge is dishonest, and what to speak of ordinary men. So only thing is that you get money some way or other. Then you can pass on as a nice gentleman, polished
- Krishna will bless you for this work, rest assured. He will give you all facilities; that is His promise, and actually it is so. You are all respectable gentlemen, and I have full confidence in you
- Krsna is now living like a gentleman at the gurukula in Mathura, forgetting all the gopis of Vrndavana. But does He not remember the sweet house of His father, Nanda Maharaja
- Ladies and gentlemen, I thank you very much for your coming here and participate in this great movement. So this evening I shall present before you topics between Krsna and Arjuna. I think most of you know the Bhagavad-gita
- Ladies and Gentlemen, the President, I am very much thankful to you that you are eager to hear about what Krsna wants to speak. Krsna is accepted as the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- Let me offer my respectful obeisances to Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, by whose mercy even unclean yavanas become perfectly well bred gentlemen by chanting the holy name of the Lord. Such is the power of Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- Many high class gentlemen in Delhi who are also devotees would relish the chance to live with us on weekends and it will be for them just like Vaikuntha
- Milk is nothing but transformation of the blood. So instead of taking the blood, take the transformation and live nicely, like honest gentlemen. No. They are not even gentlemen. Rogues, uncivilized
- Mr. Tom Driberg is an intimate friend of Ginsberg and he has already written to him promising all help to us. So by Grace of Krishna there you are meeting nice gentlemen, interested gentlemen, and I hope it will come very grand success
- Mulgibar Patel is a nice gentleman, and when he offers $5,000 he can be elected a life trustee of our temple. That is a nice proposal. If the arrangement is successful, then immediately complete the negotiations and purchase the house
- My dear gentleman, all these men and women with me are known as my friends, and the snake, who always remains awake, protects this city even during my sleeping hours. So much I know. I do not know anything beyond this
- My dear respectable ladies and gentlemen, according to the authoritative statements of sastra, there must be a supreme authority who is able to award the respective benefits of our present activities
- My father used to say, "If you do not allow the servants to steal, so don't keep." Don't keep servants. "A servant who does not steal, he is not a gentleman. He must steal"
- Narada Muni said, "My dear hunter, such behavior is not at all astonishing. A man in devotional service is automatically nonviolent. He is the best of gentlemen"
- Narada Muni said, 'My dear hunter, such behavior is not at all astonishing. A man in devotional service is automatically nonviolent. He is the best of gentlemen'
- Never use this china clay. Never. No respectable gentleman will use china clay. Still. So if a poor family is in need of money, immediately he can take one Benarsee sari, or some metal utensils to the pawn maker. He'll immediately offer some money
- Nilambara Cakravarti used to call them (Raghunatha dasa's father and uncle) his younger brothers because both of them were very much devoted to the brahmanas and were very respectable gentlemen
- No king or respectable gentleman would continue family life till the end, because that was considered suicidal and against the interest of the perfection of human life
- Now I went to the shoe brushing shop. So I brushed some gentleman's shoes. I got some money, five dollars." So they know how to earn money. There's no scarcity of money
- One Bengali gentleman from London has sent me a letter praising your decoration of the Deities. The exact words he has used are that one cannot turn his face once turning towards the Deities. I have also seen the slides and my opinion is also the same
- One gentleman has come to me here in Indore and he has offered us one small Krsna Temple in Vrndavana with room for about 20-25 men
- One gentleman told me that Professor Einstein, he was also reading Bhagavad-gita daily. Hitler was reading. Such, such big, big men. But I know many scholars, even Muhammadans, they also read Bhagavad-gita
- One gentleman was arguing with me... He was supporting Rama-Krishna Mission. He said, "Even stool I consider God. It is God"
- One should culture knowledge in the following way: One should become a perfect gentleman and learn to give proper respect to others. One should not pose himself as a religionist simply for name and fame
- One who takes to spiritual culture, for them, this place is unfit. Unfit. My Guru Maharaja used to say that "This place is not fit for any gentleman's living"
- Our (the Krsna consciousness movement) only concern is to attract people to Krsna consciousness. We may do this in the dress of sannyasis or in the regular dress of gentlemen. Our only concern is to spread interest in Krsna consciousness
- Our program is very nice. Any gentleman come and discuss with us. We shall prove this is the nicest program at the present moment
- Outside the Temple they (householders) may wear American gentleman's dress, with Tilaka, flag, and beads. It is not required to wear dhotis, as this society does not understand, so outside the Temple dress suit is more socially acceptable
- Raghunatha Bhatta said, "You are a respectable gentleman, a learned scholar and a great devotee, Please do not try to serve me. Just come with me in a happy mood"
- Raghunatha dasa's father, Govardhana, and uncle, Hiranya dasa, were both very charitable to brahmanas. Indeed, the brahmanas from the Gaudiya district were practically dependent upon them. Thus they were accepted as very pious gentlemen
- Raghunatha dasa’s father, Govardhana, and uncle, Hiranya dasa, were both very charitable to brahmanas. Indeed, the brahmanas from the Gaudiya district were practically dependent upon them. Thus they were accepted as very pious gentlemen
- Retired old gentlemen should take lessons from him (Yudhisthira) and leave home for spiritual realization before forcefully dragged away to meet death
- Servant of desire means just like the street dog. He is also desiring: 'If these gentleman will accept me as his dog?' But he is going there, and he is driven away: 'Hut Hut.' He is going to some house, moving his tail, 'My dear sir, will you give me'
- Sisupala said, "Ladies and gentlemen, I can appreciate now the statement of the Vedas that, after all, time is the predominating factor"
- Snake is a snake. Do you think a snake decorated with a jewel on the hood is gentleman?
- Some non-Bengali gentlemen are demanding my Hindi edition of Caitanya Caritamrta
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu returned to complete external consciousness and immediately offered prayers to them. Then these two elderly gentlemen both embraced the Lord with loving affection
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu then said to Haridasa Thakura, "My dear Haridasa, please hear Me. This gentleman wants to destroy another's property"
- Sri Kanu Thakura, a very respectable gentleman, was the son of Purusottama dasa Thakura. He was such a great devotee that Lord Krsna always lived in his body
- Srikanta then told Sanatana Gosvami, "Stay here for at least two days and dress up like a gentleman. Abandon these dirty garments"
- Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati writes in his Anubhasya - A rich Calcutta gentleman named Haricarana Ghosa, who resided in the Simla quarter, recently repaired the temple - of Sri Sri Radha-Govinda in Sri-krsnapura, the village of Raghunatha dasa Gosvami
- Srila Sukadeva Gosvami instructed Maharaja Pariksit about the importance of the chanting of the holy name of the Lord by every progressive gentleman
- Srivasa Thakura called for all the respectable gentlemen of the neighborhood and smilingly addressed them as follows
- Subuddhi Raya was a big landholder and a responsible, respectable gentleman
- That gentleman has written, "Swami Bhaktivedanta will be remembered for centuries, making history." Is not that?
- That gentleman was sitting and asking "Can I smoke?" The tongue is agitating for... "Please, please give me one cigarette. One cigarette." He became disturbed. And we said, "No. You cannot smoke." This is material pleasure
- That is their (the scientists) poor fund of knowledge. A gentleman will accept, "Yes, we do not know." But they, in roundabout way, in order to keep their position, they'll bluff. That is most dangerous, bluffing
- The best thing is that they should be educated to become gentlemen. Keep guns, but they may not improperly use them
- The bodies are according to my desire. I am desiring something. Just like here we are sitting, so many ladies and gentlemen, but not one of them is similar to anyone else. They have got different bodies. That body is created according to one's desire
- The brahmanas especially were known as saj-jana, or respectable gentlemen who guided the entire society. If there were disputes in the village, people would approach these respectable brahmanas to settle them
- The Deity (worshiped by Kalidasa) has been taken away by a gentleman named Matilala Cattopadhyaya from the village of Triveni. The Deity is now being worshiped at his place
- The entire world is going on under the bodily conception and creating a hellish condition unfit for any gentleman's living
- The genealogical table of Sanatana Gosvami, Rupa Gosvami and Vallabha Gosvami can be traced back to the twelfth century Sakabda, when a gentleman of the name Sarvajna appeared in a very rich and opulent brahmana family in the province of Karnata
- The government doesn't want further development of Vrndavana. They are neglecting the city in such a way that no gentleman will go there. The old city is so... Formerly, it was planned that "So many pilgrims come here. It should be nicely developed"
- The iccha and dvesa according to the body. The pig has got the desire to eat the stool. That is his iccha. And he has got a dvesa for the halava, while a gentlemen, advanced gentlemen, he has got the iccha for halava, not for the stool
- The inside part was meant for the family, & the ladies would live there unexposed to men. That part was called the bhitara-badi, or inside house. In the outside house, or bahir-badi, the respectable gentleman received visitors & kept his business office
- The Krsna consciousness movement will inundate the entire world and drown everyone, whether one be a gentleman, a rogue or even lame, invalid or blind
- The laborer class... In India, of course, we have got this distinction. They are not satisfied for, with this white rice. They want coarse grain for satisfaction. While gentleman class, they cannot eat coarse grain. They want finer grain
- The mendicant replied, "Sir, you are a respectable gentleman. Why are you joking with me? Why would you trade your valuable blanket for my torn quilt"
- The most heinous type of atheist; not gentlemen. Whenever they hold some conference they say, "Don't talk of God. Then you cannot come to the conference." Do they not? What is that principle?
- The next morning some respectable gentlemen came to see Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, and the Lord asked them, "Have you seen Krsna"
- The prasadam of Lord Krsna is to be eaten by gentlemen as soon as it is received; there should be no hesitation. There are no regulative principles concerning time and place. This is the order of the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- The vanaprastha, when the gentleman is completely educated for renouncing this world, then he sends back the wife to grown-up boys and he takes sannyasa. This is sannyasa dress
- The Yamadutas said to the Visnudutas, By your bodily features you appear to be very exalted gentlemen, and you have such celestial power that you have dissipated the darkness of this material world
- The young brahmana then said, "Will all you gentlemen present please hear me? This elderly brahmana is certainly truthful and is following religious principles"
- Then all the assembled gentlemen exclaimed, "What is this? What is this? Who has performed such mischievous activities? Who is that sinful man?"
- Then this gentleman said in front of the Gopala Deity, 'My dear Lord, please bear witness. I have offered my daughter to this brahmana in charity'
- There are always rogues and thieves in human society, and as soon as a weak government is unable to execute its duties, these rogues and thieves come out to do their business. Thus the entire society becomes a hell unfit for gentlemen to live in
- There is a class, they say, "Whatever I eat you can offer." But that is not the process. The process is you must offer to Krsna what He wants. Just like you invite one gentleman. You ask him, "What can I offer you?" That is etiquette
- There is a story Savitri-Satyavan. It is not a story. It is historical fact that one gentleman, he was a king's son, prince. His name was Satyavan. But he was to die at a certain age his horoscope said. But one girl Savitri, she fell in love with that boy
- There is no need even to consider whether one is a gentleman or a rogue because this is a spiritual movement which is not concerned with the external body of skin and bones
- These boys and girls are worshiping God, and people criticize them, but when a man worships a dog, he is not criticized. In this way society has progressed. When one worships God, he is criticized, and when he worships dog, he is considered a gentleman
- These brahmacaris, they voluntarily change. Otherwise there are many students, just like we have got two, three students, they are working. They come like ordinary American gentlemen. There is no objection in that way. Dress is not very important thing
- These respectable gentlemen replied, "At night in Kaliya Lake a fisherman lights a torch in his boat and catches many fish"
- This gentleman has promised to hand over his daughter to me, yet now he does not follow his promise. Please ask him about his behavior
- This world is temporary and full of miseries, not habitable for any sane gentleman. This world is declared by the Supreme Personality of Godhead to be temporary and full of miseries
- Tilaka must be there. You dress like up-to-date gentlemen, but tilaka must be there. That is our trademark
- Translation of prayers into English is good and if somebody dresses like nice American gentleman without any robes, I have no objection; but every one of my disciples must have the flag and marks of tilak on forehead
- Try to arrange many such programs with all different kinds of respectable gentlemen, philosophers, scholars, educationalists, etc
- Unless absolutely necessary one should keep hair short, and if necessary one can dress like an American gentleman with short hair. It is not expected that everyone will join. For that reason we can't compromise. The tendency is there to be hippy
- Unless one becomes a perfect devotee, he cannot become a bhadra, gentleman. That is not possible. Naradhamah, Krsna says, unless one is devotee, he is a duskrtina, most sinful man, naradhamah, and the lowest of the human being
- Up to date gentlemen are all clean shaved so if we do not keep long hair & dress ourselves nicely with tilaka, flag & beads on the neck, apart from our devotional service, then certainly we shall be distinct from the Hippies
- We are not mental speculators, that I say some gentleman, "You are animal." No. I see, I know, that he is animal. Therefore I say
- We are proposing to start a Gurukula here in London so that Indian children may be admitted. Indian gentlemen are perplexed because there is no institution to admit children to keep intact the Indian cult
- We have support from very high circle. Scholar, priest, even father, mother, parent. Many old gentlemen come to congratulate me, "Swamiji, it is our great fortune that you have come to this country"
- We offer respects to him without reservation, for we are actually seeing that this gentleman is advancing gradually in Krsna consciousness. Such a person should always be shown respect
- Well-to-do Hindu gentlemen constructed their houses with a place called the Durga-mandapa for the worship of the goddess Durga. There they generally held worship of the goddess every year in the month of Asvina - September-October
- When a particular gentleman goes in his car, which can be seen very easily, we identify the car with the man within the car
- When I was not sannyasi, I was dressing like any gentleman. Now I have changed my dress. That does not mean that I have died. No. I have changed my body, that's all. I have changed my dress
- When our sankirtana party goes in the street many gentlemen comes and demands "Have you got Bhaktivedanta's Bhagavad-gita As It Is?"
- When you are put into the prison house, you have to keep aside your own household dress, and you have to take that particular dress. If you say, "No, no. I cannot accept this dress. I am a gentleman. I have got costly dress. I shall put on that," no
- Whether one has a short life or a long life, one must suffer the threefold miseries of material life. Therefore any gentleman, dhira, must be interested in jyotisa, astrology
- Why don't you dress like European, half foreign dress and half hair? Who is that foreign and European and gentleman? What is the use of wig? Keep regular gentleman's hair. There is no need of saffron dress
- With this purpose in view I have taken up the mighty project (of translating Srimad-Bhagavatam) and I wish that you gentlemen cooperate with me fully. The cooperation is possible to be made either by life, wealth, intelligence or words
- You go on posting leaflets regularly at least daily 100 to the addresses of respectable gentlemen taking from an authorized mailing list or else from the telephone book. After a week from the posting date you can ask the gentlemen by phone as follows
- You have to hear it from the authorities; otherwise there is no possibility. Just like you cannot understand who is your father. You have to take the knowledge from your mother. If mother certifies, "This gentleman is your father," that is correct
- You would have been pleased to see the excellent building (in Mayapur) that we have constructed. People say it is a unique building in all of Nadia district. There is ample space for 300 gentlemen to come and visit
- Your idea of raising some funds and support in the West and then going back to Taiwan is a very good idea. Do it. This is a very good program. This is a very gentlemanly idea. Unless one has an office and a sitting place, no one really cares about you