You Are Not
"you are not"
Pages in category "You Are Not"
The following 91 pages are in this category, out of 91 total.
- Actually, you are not the daughter of Vidarbha, nor is this man, Malayadhvaja, your well-wishing husband. Nor were you the actual husband of Puranjani. You were simply captivated in this body of nine gates
- Although you are not formally initiated, you have associated with our devotees in the New York temple, and it has acted. The seed is already there in you and it has to be helped to grow and fructify
- Animals do not marry but they have sex life, so that means you are animal. You’re not human being. The answer should be like that. Because marriage, this ceremony is not for fun
- As soon as Kamsa got this information from Narada Muni, he took out his sharp sword and prepared to kill Vasudeva for his duplicity. But Narada pacified him. "You are not to be killed by Vasudeva," he said. "Why are you so anxious to kill him?"
- As soon as you think that you are, your, you are not Indian or American, you are not a brahmana or Vaisnava, brahmana or ksatriya, you are eternal servant of Krsna, that is called purified desire. Desire is there, but you have to purify
- As stated in Bhagavad-gita (2.47): "You have a right to perform your prescribed duty, but you are not entitled to the fruits of action. Never consider yourself to be the cause of the results of your activities, & never be attached to not doing your duty"
- At the present moment, because you are not trained up to see Krsna, so Krsna kindly appears before you as you can see. You can see wood, stone. You cannot see what is spirit. Even you don't see yourself
- Because you are eternal, you are not meant for death, but nature is forcing you, Must die
- Because you are not Krsna consciousness, you are discriminating in this way, that the human society should be given protection, the animal society should be slaughtered. Is that very good?
- Because you have accepted this material body, you are foolishly thinking that you are not eternal. Otherwise, as God is eternal, you are also eternal
- Besides that, due to your old age you have become greatly troubled. My dear friend, I see that you are not very firm, nor very strong and stout. Aren't your fellow carriers cooperating with you?
- Bhakti means that you are not required to destroy your senses, but you have to purify your senses. And when you purify your senses, then you can serve Krsna
- Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura Says: My dear mind, you are trying to imitate Haridasa Thakura and chant the Hare Krsna mantra in a secluded place, but you are not worth being called a Vaisnava because what you want is cheap popularity
- Daksa said: Narada Muni, you wear the dress of a saintly person, but you are not actually a saint. Indeed, although I am now in grhastha life, I am a saintly person. By showing my sons the path of renunciation, you have done me an abominable injustice
- Devaki said - You are not limited to a particular form only; all such transcendental, eternal forms are self-sufficient. I can understand that You are the Supreme Lord Visnu
- Don't claim your proprietorship. You are not proprietor. You are falsely claiming; because what you are claiming as your property, it will be taken away by Krsna at the time of your death
- He (Sahadeva) began to cry and call out, "Mother Madri! Where are you now? Father Pandu! Where are you now? I am very sorry that you are not here to see these footprints of Krsna!" This is another instance of devotional service in compassion
- How you can say you are not dependent on God? You are dependent. But because you are a rascal fraud, you want to cheat and become a Freud, that's all
- I am neither Indian nor European. You are not Indian, European. We are giving more stress on the designation. That is the mistake of modern civilization
- I am sorry to learn that you are not well. Pray to Krishna and chant Hare Krishna. The body is a temple of disease, janma mrtyu jara vyadhi (BG 13.9). Disease is our inevitable companion
- I am surprised. You are not a literary student and do not have long experience in studying the sastras. How have You been able to explain all these critical points?
- I am thinking that I am karta, I am master. You are not master; you are under the grip of material nature. So how you can avoid? Therefore we should not indulge in sense gratification. We should try to practice how to take krsna-prasadam
- If someone gives you one piece of paper, "Yes, it is $10 note," then are you not cheated? You must know what is $10 note. Otherwise you'll be satisfied with a paper, piece of paper. That's all. If you do not know God, then how you can see God?
- If you are actually serious about Krsna, then Krsna will send you some of His representative and he will take charge of you. That is the process. If you do not find a guru, that means Krsna is not yet pleased, either you are not serious
- If you cover your body with blanket, the hands and legs are invisible. But you are not the blanket. So the trees and plants, they are more covered. They are not in full manifestation. The human form is the full manifestation of the soul
- If you disapprove previous acarya or if you become more intelligent than previous acarya, then you are not acarya. This was Caitanya Mahaprabhu's... He disapproved. Our process is evam parampara
- If you engage yourself in the service of Krsna, you'll find new and new encouragement. That is spiritual. If you find it hackneyed, then you must know that you are not yet serving spiritually, you are serving materially
- If you live in the temple or if you live in God's business, Krsna consciousness, then you are in the spiritual world. You are not in the material world. Material world means where God is forgotten
- If your tongue wants some nice palatable dishes we can supply you hundreds, thousands, offered to Krsna. Samosa and this sweet ball, rasagulla, so many things we can supply. You are not prohibited. But don't take too much
- In dream you are thinking your lover is there, you are embracing, and you get discharge, not that that you are not working and it is not, there is no result
- In the darkness we cannot see anything. But if there is matches or candle, if the candle is ignited, then we can see. Similarly, guru's business is to open the eyes. To open the eyes means to give him knowledge that "You are not purusa. You are prakrti
- Indra said, "I therefore take shelter of Your lotus feet. My dear Lord Krsna), You are not only the supreme controller but also the spiritual master of all living entities"
- Karmany evadhikaras te ma phalesu kadacana: "You have a right to perform your prescribed duty, but you are not entitled to the fruits of actions." One must act sincerely, according to his position. Victory or defeat depends on the Lord
- Kindly clear up all these doubtful inquiries, because you are not only vastly learned in the Vedic literatures and self-realized in transcendence, but are also a great devotee of the Lord and are therefore as good as the Personality of Godhead
- Krsna and Krsna's words are not different. So if you abide by the words of Krsna, just like Bhagavad-gita - there are many others - then you are abiding by Krsna. You are not abiding by the dictation of your mind
- Krsna is there, but you cannot see Him. You are not advanced. Just like another example. Here is, the sunlight is here. Everyone experiences. But that does not mean sun is here
- Krsna said to Arjuna, "You are fighting for Me; therefore you are not asura." Those who are fighting for their sense gratification, they're asuras, but if need be fighting for, for cause, right cause...
- Ksurasya dhara. Ksura means sharpened razor. If you are careful, you cleanse very nicely. If you are not careful, immediately blood. Immediately. So the spiritual life is like that. As soon as you become little inattentive, immediately maya captures
- Mortality, it is not absolutism. So long you are mortal, you are not on the absolute platform, because you are actually immortal
- My dear Lord, You are not a statue; You are directly the son of Maharaja Nanda. Now, for the sake of the old brahmana, You can do something You have never done before
- My Lord, You are not very much satisfied by the worship of the demigods, who arrange for Your worship very pompously, with various paraphernalia, but who are full of material hankerings
- O thoughtful devotees, as long as you are not absorbed in transcendental bliss, you should continue tasting this Srimad-Bhagavatam, and when you are fully absorbed in bliss, you should go on tasting its mellows forever
- One day it will come there will be no water. That you expect, because you are not paying any tax. You are thinking, "Water is coming, my father's property." But you are not father's son at the present moment. You are maya's son
- Our first proposition is that "You are not this body; you are spirit soul. Some way or other, you are in contact with this material world, and you have got this material body, and under illusion, you are accepting something which you are not"
- Our Krsna consciousness movement is educating people that "You are not this body, not this mind, not this intelligence, but above this. You are spirit soul." So Krsna confirms that mamaivamsa
- Our point is that suppose if you are rich man, suppose if you are very learned man; you are not free from the stringent laws of material world
- People are going on in the name of nationality, big leaders, but from our point of view, that neither as nation or community or person you are the proprietor of things. Krsna is the proprietor
- Police business is that "You become law-abiding citizen; then I have no connection with you." So far. "And so long you are not a law-abiding (citizen), I shall kick you as much as possible." So Maya's business is like this
- Service is your essential duty, but because your service is wrongly being executed, you are not happy. But if you render your service to Krsna, that is natural and you will be happy
- So a ksatriya's business is always prepared to fight. Fight means that to see that everyone is acting nicely. Because if you are not acting nicely, and if I say that "You are not acting nicely," you'll be angry
- So long you are in the bodily concept of life, you are no better than the animal. That is the Bhagavata philosophy. You are animal
- So we should understand that we have got a separate business, real business. That is called self-realization, that "I am not this body." This is self-realization. That is being instructed by Krsna in the beginning, that "You are not this body"
- So you are not busy in growing your food, but you are busy in producing tire tubes, motor cars, stools and instruments
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu accepted Bhavananda Raya's offer, saying, "I accept without hesitation because you are not an outsider. Birth after birth you have been My servant, along with your family members"
- The bodily strength is also reducing. Now you American generation, you are not as strong as your father or grandfather. You can understand that. You are not so luxuriantly grown up, bodily growth
- The body will be finished, everyone knows, but body being finished, you are not finished; nobody is finished. Na hanyate hanyamane sarire
- The dog's business is, you are not offender, still it will offend, Gow! Gow! Gow
- The hand is working very nicely, but if the hand is paralyzed or Krsna withdraws the power, then your hand is useless. You cannot restore it. Therefore you are not master of your hand
- The Lord said to the demons - since you are not like them (demigods) you can wait a little longer. You are all heroes and are so pleased with Me. It is better for you to wait until after the demigods drink
- The Mayavadi philosopher says that "I am God, but I have forgotten myself, that I am God." So how God can forget? Here it is the evidence. How God can forget? If you forget, then you are not God, immediately. There is no other argument
- The Nawab said, "I sent my physician to you, and he has reported that you are not diseased. As far as he could see, you are completely healthy"
- The personified Vedas continued, "Just as sparks dance in a blazing fire, all living entities are dancing on Your support. You are providing them with everything they desire, and yet You are not responsible for their position of enjoyment or suffering"
- The poor woman, the brahmana's wife, said to the King: O hero, you are not actually a man-eater; rather, you are among the descendants of Maharaja Iksvaku. Indeed, you are a great fighter, the husband of Madayanti
- The queens said, "You have turned lean and thin because you are not getting any water from your husband, the ocean, through the clouds"
- This body is a machine that we are accepting as self - "I am this machine." Whole world is accepting - I am this body, I am Hindu, I am Muslim, Christian, I am American, Indian, I am black, I am white. No. Therefore Krsna says: You are not this body
- This is friendship, to educate people that "You are not proprietor. Krsna is proprietor"
- This is the message: that people are under the impression that one is this body, but that is not the fact. The soul, or the man, he is within the body. Just like you are not your..., this shirt and coat
- This is the primary education of spiritual life. First of all you have to understand that you are not this body. You are living entity, different from the body. Just like you are different from the shirt-coat
- When God comes personally to punish you, then you are not ordinary. Just like He came to punish Ravana, Kamsa. They are not ordinary. But ordinary person, a little headache is sufficient to finish him
- When Lord Siva approached, Bhrgu Muni refused to embrace him. "My dear brother," he said, "you are always very impure. Because you smear your body with ashes, you are not very clean. Please do not touch me"
- You (Lord Caitanya) are a fool,' he (Isvara Puri) said. ‘You are not qualified to study Vedanta philosophy, and therefore You must always chant the holy name of Krsna. This is the essence of all mantras, or Vedic hymns
- You are not free. You are thinking so-called free. You are not free. You are under the stringent laws of nature. You are not free. You are thinking foolishly that you are free
- You are not master, you are servant. Cultivate this knowledge. Don't try to become a master, falsely. That will never be successful. Remain servant of Krsna, you'll be happy
- You are not proprietor. You have been given the facility to use it. Use it not for your sense gratification, but for the satisfaction of the Lord. Then your life is perfect. Because the things belongs to Krsna
- You are not taking the opportunity of understanding Krsna. Just see how much unfortunate we are. As you serve Krsna, you understand Krsna. You cannot understand Krsna otherwise, unless you render service
- You are sane, that you do not accept me as President... That is one thing. At least you are not insane. So if I say, "I am God," and you accept, then how much insane you are. Just try to understand
- You are thinking that "I'm doing my duty very nicely. I'm a brahmana, I'm doing my duty." "I am businessman doing my duty," "I'm scientist." "I am..." Actually, you are not doing your duty. Your real duty is to take to Krsna consciousness
- You can hear the sound Krsna. Are you not hearing Hare Krsna?
- You cannot become in peace so long you think that "I am the proprietor." You are not actually the proprietor. You cannot claim proprietorship
- You elected Nixon president; again you dragged him down, because there was mistake. You do not know who to elect because you are not guided by brahmanas. This is the fault
- You have a right to perform your prescribed duty, but you are not entitled to the fruits of action. According to one's position, one should perform his duties, but for the results one should fully depend upon Krsna
- You have got nice costly car, then it drives very comfortably, but if you have got a less costly, cheap car, then you are not so comfortable. Similarly our comforts and discomforts are already settled as soon as you have got a particular type of body
- You learn from the sastra. You learn from Bhagavad-gita what Krsna says and do it. Then you are not responsible for anything. Just like there is lawbook
- You must follow his (Jesus Christ's) instruction, "Thou shall not kill." You must have discrimination. You are human beings; you are not cats and dogs. You must have discrimination, what to eat, what to not eat