Category:Prabhupada Speaks - Lectures, General
Pages in category "Prabhupada Speaks - Lectures, General"
The following 204 pages are in this category, out of 204 total.
- A devotee, a mahatma, is good heart. How he is good heart? He sees everyone that "This living entity," especially human being, "he is engrossed in the clutches of maya. He is suffering. Let me try to make him understand Krsna consciousness"
- A great dramatist, government officer. He wrote one book, Shah Jahan. That is very famous book for theatrical play. So in that Shah Jahan, means the king emperor Shah Jahan. Practically, the name which is given on the book, the hero title, he's the hero
- A sannyasi cannot meet his wife. A sannyasi is forbidden to go home
- A small ant, it can move, but a big tree cannot move. That is punishment. Just like in our childhood we were being punished by the teachers, "Stand up on the bench." So it is like that
- Actually this movement was started by Krsna Himself in the Battlefield of Kuruksetra. At least five thousand years ago the movement was presented by Krsna in the Bhagavad-gita
- All these loving affairs are also temporary and they are not pure. They are simply a perverted reflection of the pure love that is existing between you and Krsna
- Anything, whatever you see or experience or try to understand, there must be some definition. So when you speak of God, do you know what is the definition of God?
- Aryans means those who are advanced
- Because I have come to preaching work, so let me finish whatever little work is still remaining. I want to go once to London and Germany. Then I will entrust the whole thing to you
- Because I have written some book, so I know what is the purpose of writing my book. You cannot know. My purpose you cannot know. There is a small instructive story in this - not story, fact - in this connection
- Because I love Krsna, therefore I have come to your country
- Bhagavata has done nice that the illusion of this world is that attraction. What is that attraction? False attraction. The man is attracted by woman, woman is attracted by man. And the business is going on. Especially in this country
- Bhagavata-dharma means the relationship between the devotees and the Lord. The Lord is Bhagavan and the devotee is bhagavata, or in relationship with Bhagavan
- Bhakti-yoga can be applicable to any one of these form, either Krsna or Rama or Visnu or Narayana, so many forms. Generally, Vaisnavas worship the form of Krsna, Radha-Krsna, and Laksmi-Narayana. In our conditional stage, we cannot worship Radha-Krsna
- By taking shelter of the lotus feet of Caitanya Mahaprabhu, these Europeans & Americans, although they are supposed to be born in mleccha, yavana family, they are taking Krsna consciousness so seriously. Otherwise it is very difficult to understand Krsna
- By the dictation of the senses we are committing sinful activities life after life; therefore we are in different grades of bodily presentation. Don't think that everyone is of the same standard
- Caitanya Mahaprabhu, without discussing all the constitutional position, philosophy, knowledge, and so many other things, yoga system, He immediately begins that the constitutional position of the living entity is to serve the supreme whole
- Caitya-guru means who gives conscience and knowledge from within
- Can you tell me a little bit about the future direction of the movement, how you plan to expand?
- Christ consciousness and Krsna consciousness, the words are so similar. Please combine the words, explain how the words came to us
- Darwin has taken the idea of evolution from this Padma Purana. You won't find any philosophy, any doctrine in the world which is not found in the Vedic literature
- Dependence is not bad if there is dependence on the proper place
- Do we use machines and modern methods on our asramas and farms
- Do you have the powers of Jesus? Can you say to a person, "Rise up and walk," when they're paralyzed?
- Don't be disappointed, don't be confused. Your life has value. You, in this life, you can realize your eternal life, eternal blissful life of knowledge
- Don't misunderstand us, that "It is a religious sect." No. We are not religious sect. We are cultural sect. We are giving the highest culture to the human society, to awaken his lost consciousness
- Don't remain in this darkness. Just transfer yourself to the kingdom of light
- Eko bahunam vidadhati kaman. The meaning is that one living force is supplying all the demands of all other living entities
- Especially in this scientific age, when television, radio messages are broadcast thousands and thousands of miles away, and you can hear, now why can you...? Why Krsna cannot hear your prayer, sincere prayer? How can you say it? Nobody can deny it
- Everyone is trying to live. Nobody wants to die. Why this psychological desire is there? I want to live. That means that he is eternal. Therefore he wants to live
- Expert colorists, they can display these three colors into eighty-one. Similarly, the material nature, of course, this is one, one energy, but within this energy there are three qualities: sattva-guna, rajo-guna, tamo-guna
- Fortunately, by Krsna's grace, many moonlike boys and girls have come to me. You see? Many moons. I was thinking of having only one moon, but Krsna... I am hopeful that there are many moons, and in future they'll be doing very nice. This is para-upakara
- From spiritual, you may draw as much as you can, but it always full. That is the spiritual idea. So God is so full. He's paripurna, purna. So even God comes out of God, still, God is there. That is incarnation
- Function of soul is Krsna consciousness, working in Krsna consciousness
- Go on distributing this Simply Wonderful. Your philosophy is simply wonderful. Your prasadam is simply wonderful. You are simply wonderful. And your Krsna is simply wonderful. The whole process of simply wonderful
- God is unlimited, and your speculative power is limited. So you cannot understand God without the mercy of God
- Guru is coming from the disciplic succession. What five thousand years ago Vyasadeva instructed or Krsna instructed, the same thing we are also instructing. Therefore there is no difference between instruction. Therefore guru is one
- Gurudeva said the only aim of human being is to surrender to Sri Krsna, to the lotus feet of Sri Krsna. In India especially, there are so many temples and gods and goddesses...
- He says but he doesn't sit on a throne and he doesn't ask people to pay obeisances in front of him
- How you can think of Krsna unless you develop love for Krsna?
- However perfect you may be in serving Krsna, you should always know that Krsna is unlimited. It will ever remain imperfect because we are limited. But Krsna is so kind. If you offer a little service sincerely, He accepts
- I am getting thousands of letters from Western countries, from my disciples, how much transcendental feeling they are enjoying
- I am old man. I will die. If they take it seriously, it will go on, and there will be revolution. Because we are not working whimsically, capriciously. We are taking authoritative version from the sastra
- I am very insignificant. I have no capacity. My business is only to convey the message of Krsna. Just like a postal peon; his business is to convey the letter
- I had no desire to accept the sannyasa order and preach, but my spiritual master wanted it. I am not very much inclined, but he forced me. That is also done. That is special favor
- I have a great hope to train some of my disciples for preaching work, even in my absence; I wish to leave some trained preachers so that they can do the work of Krishna Consciousness in the western world
- I have become profited, profitable, or I have acquired profit. I left my home, my children and everything. I came here as a pauper, with seven dollars. That is no money. But I have got now big properties, hundreds of children
- I have come to your country with this mission, and if I find one or two boys or girls sincerely have learned how to love God, Krsna, then my mission is successful
- I have especially come to your country to deliver you this good message, because if you accept this, if you can understand this science of Krsna consciousness, other part of the world will also follow, and the face of the world will be changed
- I have got experience by traveling in the Western countries. Especially in America, they have got so many nice arrangements of big, big universities. Unfortunately, nowadays they are producing hippies. So this is not very encouraging
- I have not come to teach you something invented by me. I have come to teach you about Krsna consciousness
- I may control my disciples, but I am controlled by somebody else, by my spiritual master. So nobody can say that "I am the absolute controller"
- I must present things exactly in the same way as it was presented by Krsna, as it was presented by Arjuna, as it was presented by our acaryas, Caitanya, and at last my spiritual master. So, similarly, if you take up the K.C. movement in the same spirit
- I thought to myself, "Oh, I have done this wrong. I should not have sat with His Divine Grace." So of course, I did not get down immediately, but I took it, and from next day I did not sit. So rules and regulations automatically was taught
- I want to be subordinate because my nature is to be subordinate. But I do not know. I prefer, I reject this subordination; I accept another subordination. But subordination is there
- I wish that some of you must join this movement, go to the foreign countries, preach this sublime cult of Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- I wish to narrate one short story, that one man, one boy, was attracted by a beautiful girl. So the girl does not agree, and the boy is persistent
- I would like you to explain the origin and significance of what you, what they call the Jagannatha car festival
- I've got the power of Jesus. (laughter) Cause I'm a Christian
- If a person who is working in the factory, if you stop sex, he cannot work. And when he's unable to enjoy sex life, then he takes intoxication. This is material life. So energy must be there. Here in the material world the energy is sex
- If every one of us, we become reinstated in the transcendental platform of loving Krsna, then our aspiration of mastership will be fulfilled. That is not known at present, but if we agree to serve Krsna, then gradually we'll see that Krsna is serving you
- If Lord Jesus Christ says, "Through me," that means he's representative of God, and hari-nama is God. So either through the representative of God or God, the same thing
- If we take the position of Arjuna - sisyas te 'ham sadhi mam prapannam - then Krsna will speak to the disciple like Arjuna, and everything will be clear
- If you always keep yourself in Krsna consciousness or God consciousness, then you are pure. Therefore we advise our students, "Chant Hare Krsna." As soon as you chant this sound, Krsna, immediately you are in touch with Krsna
- If you are actually hankering after Krsna - Krsna is within yourself - He will give you a guru. He will give you a guru. Guru-krsna-krpaya. But we must be fortunate to get real guru. If I am unfortunate, I'll not get a guru
- If you are anxious to serve Krsna, that is the real asset
- If you are serious to understand, we should submit our doubtful questions and then understand
- If you can keep yourself always, constantly in Krsna consciousness, always thinking of Krsna, then you are pure
- If you don't become servant of God, then you become servant of your senses. That is your position. So those who are intelligent, so they will understand that If I have to remain a servant, why I shall remain servant of the senses? Why not of Krsna?
- If you scrutinizingly test it and try to understand this movement, then you'll feel yourself that it is wonderful. And actually it is wonderful. And the process is also very simple
- If you want to know God, you can know Him when He explains Himself. Otherwise, you cannot speculate
- In 1966 I started this movement after incorporation in New York under the state religious act, and I began to chant Hare Krsna mantra in a park in New York
- In America there are so many things which requires thorough reformation. And this Krsna consciousness movement is that. When I went to your country, so I saw these boys and girls, they're living like friends
- In our Krsna consciousness movement we are educating people that "You are always subordinate to Krsna. You surrender unto Him and you be happy. Do not remain in rebellious condition of life. Just surrender to God and you will be happy"
- In the Bible they say that the animals don't have soul; therefore it's not the same as killing
- In the Christian Bible it says that God created all of earth. He created the waters, he created the animals, but He created the human being in His image, which was the same
- In the Christian Bible it says that Jesus Christ is the son of God, and you can only get to God through him
- In the material world a servant works when money is paid, wages. A devotee is not like that. A devotee serves Krsna out of duty. That is God consciousness
- In trance, you'll find yogi picture, their trance, they are in meditation, completely silent, stop breathing and seeing the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Visnu, within the heart. This is actual yoga system
- Independently means if we want to enjoy life according to my whims. That is called so-called independence. But by such independence, we are never happy, so we transmigrate for this so-called illusory happiness from one body to another
- Is Rama synonymous with Jesus?
- It can be realized in small rural communities which acquire the necessary surface to have each member in the community to be self-sufficient. Like in the Middle Ages the monks were self-sufficient but outside this, the peasants were really always hungry
- It is not an institution to make some profit. It is just to render service to the whole humanity so that they may understand the scientific knowledge of God and be benefited in this human form of life. That is our program
- Krsna consciousness is an art of changing our hearts by purification from the dust of material desires. We cannot stop our desires because as living entities, desiring is the component part of our constitution. But we can purify our desires
- Krsna consciousness is so universal and perfect that it can appeal to everyone, irrespective of his position; therefore I fervently appeal to you, all present in this meeting, to extend your cooperation for successful execution of this great movement
- Krsna consciousness movement is propagating God's name, God's glory, God's activities, God's beauty, God's love
- Krsna consciousness movement means to approach the original person. The original person is not dead
- Krsna did not come to establish some sectarian religious system. That is not God's system. God is for everyone. God is not for the Hindus, for the Muslims, for the Christians, or anyone. God is for everyone
- Krsna is all-attractive. Krsna is beautiful. Krsna has so many activities. The whole Vedic literature is full of Krsna's activities
- Krsna is unlimited, so your service cannot reach Him perfectly. It will ever remain imperfect because we are limited. But Krsna is so kind. If you offer a little service sincerely, He accepts. That is the beauty of Krsna
- Ladies and Gentlemen, the President, I am very much thankful to you that you are eager to hear about what Krsna wants to speak. Krsna is accepted as the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- Lord Buddha said, "Meditate," but the followers of the Lord Buddha could not. They failed. We are giving new light, that "Meditation will fail. You take this"
- Lord Caitanya's mission - that the only lovable object is Krsna and His land Vrndavana
- Lord Jesus Christ is son of God, the best son of God, so we have all respect for him. Yes. Anyone who is teaching people about God consciousness, he is respectful to us. It does not matter in which country, in which atmosphere, he was preaching
- Lord Jesus Christ said that "The only way to God is through me; just believe in me or surrender to me," and Lord Caitanya taught that hari-nama is the only means of spiritual realization in this age. Is there any contradiction?
- Lord Jesus Christ, he gave information of God. Although he was crucified, he never changed his opinion
- Materialism means sense gratification, and spiritualism means to love God. That's all. Personal sense gratification. Here the relationship is just like a girl or a boy. The so-called love is temporary. That's all. There is no love
- Maya can cover the minute particles of the spirit soul, but maya cannot cover the supreme whole
- Maya is also serving Krsna, but there is no thanks
- Mayy asakta-manah pariah, yogam yunjan mad-asrayah, asamsayam samagram mamma, yatha jnasyasi tac chrnu. "My dear Partha, Arjuna, in order to know Me, God, asamsayam, without any doubt, and samagram," means in completeness
- Mind is the vehicle for being attached
- Of course, I am old man. I may die. If you have taken up this formula very nicely, then you will go on preaching, and it may be spread all over the world. Very simple thing
- One does not know that this consciousness, that "I shall become the master," is the cause of his suffering. This philosophy has to be understood. Because constitutionally we are all servants
- One has to meditate. And by meditation, when one is in samadhi, always thinking of the Supersoul, then he becomes freed from this material entanglement. That is self-realization. That is liberation
- One in million get a chance to get a real spiritual guide. There are so many in the name of spiritual guide. And he will false pray because his inner soul hankers and inner soul thinks that "This is my guru, and somehow I will accept whatever he says"
- One who is engaged in Krsna's service with firm faith and devotion, it means he has already freed himself from all kinds of reactions of sinful activities. This is the test
- One who is inquisitive to understand the Absolute Truth, he requires a spiritual master
- Our loving object is Krsna. Somehow or other, we have forgotten Him. We don't trace the history when we forgot. That is useless labor. But we have forgotten, that is a fact. Now revive it. Here is reminder. So take opportunity
- Our program is to love, to place your love in the proper place. That is our program. Everyone wants to love, but he is being frustrated on account of his love being misplaced
- Our program is to worship with love and devotion Govinda, the original person
- Our purpose is to introduce these Krsna pastimes all over the world so that they may take lesson that they are seeking after happiness - the happiness is with Krsna, not in the material world. Then you'll be successful
- Pancaratriki-vidhi means if any one has a little inclination for spiritual development, he should be given chance. This initiation means to give chance
- People are gradually losing interest in temple worship even, what to speak of yoga or offering sacrifices. Everything is now finished. Therefore kalau tad dhari-kirtanat. This is prescribed in the sastra
- People are not inclined to surrender; therefore he has to learn so many things
- Prabhupada, after Lord Caitanya took sannyasa, in the Teachings of Lord Caitanya it says He met His mother. I always thought that a sannyasi could not do that
- Prabhupada, can you explain mahamaya and yogamaya? Was Arjuna under yogamaya or mahamaya?
- Prabhupada, could you tell us something about Krsna's rasa-lila?
- Prabhupada, sometimes there may be differences between what is love of Godhead between Christian and Moslem, Moslem and Buddhist, Buddhist, Hindu. They may quarrel at what is love of Godhead
- Prabhupada, what was exactly predicted by Lord Caitanya when He predicted the Golden Age of Kali, the age in the Age of Kali when people would be chanting the Hare Krsna mantra?
- Prabhupada? How do we explain to impersonalists inductively the existence of the Personality of Godhead?
- Prayer is needed because we are in danger. And actually we pray when we are in great danger. Suppose if immediately there is some earthquake or there is some danger, naturally, spontaneously, we pray. We pray. But we forget
- Prema is mature condition of bhava
- Premanjana-cchurita-bhakti-vilocanena santah sadaiva hrdayesu vilokayanti. Just like thousands and thousands of miles away you can transfer the television picture or your radio sound, similarly, if you can prepare yourself, then you can see always Govinda
- Premanjana-cchurita-bhakti-vilocanena. Simply you have to prepare your eyes, your mind in that way. Here is a television box within your heart. This is the perfection of yoga. It is not you have to purchase one machine, or television set. It is there
- Serving means developing love. So unless you develop your love for God you cannot serve Him. Anywhere. Whenever you give some service, it is based on love. Just like mother giving service to the helpless child. Why? Love
- Shah Jahan
- Simply they are ecstatic in chanting Hare Krsna mantra. So kindly what you have begun, do not break it. Continue it very jubilantly
- Simply wonderful
- Sir, what is the difference between renunciation and surrender?
- So many sacrifices, ritualistic... All finished. You do not require to take trouble for these things if you have come to the point of sacrificing everything for Hari
- Spiritual master is eternal
- Study the history of Maharaja Pariksit. That is required. Not that simply chronological record, all nonsense, and big, big books, and making research. Why should you waste your time in that way?
- Swamiji, someone approached me and we were discussing about Krsna consciousness. And I said to approach Krsna one must be pure, but he said, "What is purity?" Could you explain that technically? What is purity?
- That is my personal experience. In the beginning, when my Guru Maharaja ordered me, I thought it that "I shall first of all become very rich man; then I shall preach"
- That is spiritual world. Everything love
- The child is accepting service from the parents. Her business is only to accept. Torture and accept service. So devotees accept Krsna as son so that Krsna may simply torture them and accept service. That is the policy
- The creation, first Maha-Visnu; then from Maha-Visnu there is Garbhodakasayi Visnu. From Garbhodakasayi Visnu there is Ksirodakasayi Visnu, expansion of Visnu, and from Him, Brahma comes. Brahma is born out of Garbhodakasayi Visnu on the lotus flower
- The dancing has got great value; that, if you dance with us, you'll feel. It is not that some crazy fellows are dancing. No. The most intelligent persons, they are dancing
- The impersonalists or the void philosophers, their process of so-called yoga is simply troublesome, and maybe some profit there, but the ultimate profit, they cannot have. It is not possible
- The International Society for Krishna Consciousness is a movement aiming at the spiritual reorientation of mankind through the simple process of chanting the holy names of God
- The karmis, they are more and more becoming entangled: "Give me this, give me that, give me that"; ultimately, "Give me the post of Brahma," "Give me the post of Indra." So their business is simply "give me"
- The logic of the frog in the well
- The Lord and the devotee, they are on the same status. Every one of them. Lord, His name, His form, His quality, His associates, His paraphernalia. Everything, they are absolute
- The process is to transfer yourself from material energy to spiritual energy. We are under energy. The God has got two energies - material energy and spiritual energy. We are also energy. We are marginal energy
- The sankirtana movement must go on. Despite all obstacles put before us, it must go on. That is determination. Bhajante mam drdha-vratah
- The story of the learned scholar and the boatman
- The sun is your witness, the moon is your witness, the day is your witness, the night is your witness, the sky is your witness. So how you can supersede the laws of the Lord?
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead is principally not divided, but He is understood under six primary features. The primary, first feature is guru
- The Vedic civilization is varnasrama-dharma. If the varnasrama-dharma is not properly protected, then there will be population who are called varna-sankara, mixed population
- There are six points of surrender unto Krsna. One point of surrender is to believe that "Krsna will protect me." Just like a small child has got full faith in his mother: "My mother is there. There is no danger." Confident. I have seen it
- There are so many ducks. As soon as somebody goes there with some little food, oh, they go gather: quack quack quack quack'
- There are so many questions. And to solve all these questions, the God Himself descends and speaks about Himself, and that speaking is this Bhagavad-gita. God is speaking about Himself personally, personally present
- They are trying to go there, Mars planet, Moon planet, by rising on the sky by their aeroplanes, sputniks. But they have not been able to understand what is the position of these planets. This is called aroha-pantha
- This age called Kali, it is not very good time. Simply disagreement, fighting, quarreling, misunderstanding
- This gentleman says that real wisdom is not manifested by any exterior show, and that it is interior, and the real sage cannot be seen
- This human life is meant for understanding God. That is the only business of human life
- "This is my body. This is my hand. This is my leg. This is my country. This is my mother. This is my father. This is my school." "This is my," I know. I have the concept of "my." But who is conceiving "my"? We have no information where it is
- This is the way of understanding. It is called descending process. And there is another process, which is called ascending process. In Sanskrit it is called aroha-pantha, avaroha-pantha
- This is the whole history of Mahabharata, intriguing, politics, and ultimately there was fight between the two parties, Kurus and the Pandavas, to decide. By logic, by morality and other things, everything failed. Then there was declaration of war
- This Krsna consciousness movement is educating people in this way, that Krsna is the enjoyer. You have seen Krsna's picture. He is always enjoying. He is not working. That is Krsna. God
- This Krsna consciousness movement is educational movement. It is not a religious sentiment; it is a science. And as we have got our books also. You have seen. There is demonstration of the book. We have got already twenty books of four hundred pages each
- This Krsna consciousness movement means to find out the supreme father. Supreme father. That is the sum and substance of this movement. If we do not know who is our father, that is not a very good position
- This material body is my covering, just like dress. Every one of us is dressed, covered by some kind of dress. Similarly, all living beings, they are dressed by the material covering. The gross dress or coat and the subtle dress
- This movement is not started by me. This was started long, long years ago by Krsna Himself
- This transcendental sound, Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, you don't think that I have come here, it is my personal manufacture. It is not. It is authorized
- To love Krsna we don't require anything. Ahaituky apratihata. It is open for everyone, but we should learn to sacrifice for Krsna. That is the sign of love
- Transcendental. "You are beyond"
- Try to spread this Krsna consciousness movement. And this is your sadhana, execution of austerity, penance. Because you have to meet so many opposing elements. You have to fight with them. That is tapasya
- "Water, water, water, water," your thirstiness will not be quenched. You require the substance water. That is material, but spiritually, the name Krsna or the name Allah or the name Jehovah is as good as the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- We are advancing in education, but we do not study even of our teeth. We simply go to the dentist. That's all. This is our advancement of civilization. The tiger never goes to dentist
- We are begging you, "Don't spoil your life. Please take this mantra. Chant wherever you like." It has no hard and fast rules you have to follow
- We are worshiping Govindam, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, the original person. So this sound, govindam adi-purusam tam aham bhajami, is reaching Him. He is hearing. You cannot say that He is not hearing. Can you say? No
- We can go on arguing for days together, but there is no decision. That is friendly talk. But when there is talk between a master and disciple, there is no question of arguing. The disciple has to accept what is ordered by the master
- We have got immense independence, but we are now conditioned by this body. Therefore in the human form of life it is an opportunity to get back our original independence. That is called Krsna consciousness. Freedom
- We have got so many books. Whoever comes here must read the books, devotee, the inmates of the temple, outsider, then you will understand what is Krsna consciousness
- We have not manufactured a new type of religious sect or method of philosophy
- We should love God without any cause. Just like we go to temple, church, with a motive. We go there: "O God, give us our daily bread. I have come to You for my bread." That is not love of God. That is love of bread
- We shudder as soon as we hear that we have to become servant of God
- We who had this Vedic knowledge and all the things which you have just now said is the solution to all our problems, with all this knowledge, we have not been able to keep our society free from so many evils to come
- What happens to a person if we just give him out on the street one Simply Wonderful or some prasadam, one piece of prasadam?
- What is the difference between bhava and prema?
- Whatever department of knowledge or whatever department of activities you are engaged in, it doesn't matter. But if you can find out the Supreme by your pursuit of knowledge, that is your perfection
- Whatever you see in yourself, that is there in God. So God cannot be impersonal, because we are all persons
- When the material concept of life covers me, we cannot understand what is God. We say God is dead. So we have to uncover our eyes from this illusion. Then you'll see directly God
- When you are too much influenced with the modes of passion, you become lusty. And when your lust is not fulfilled, then you are angry
- When you understand your actual position, then your activities actually begin
- Whenever there is deterioration of the real truth, there is necessity of movement. But the same movement, not a new movement. The movement means God is there, He is great, we are all subordinate; therefore our duty is to abide by the order of God
- Where is this consciousness of surrender come in human life? At what stage it can come?
- While we are chanting our rounds, or while we are chanting out loud in kirtana, is it all right to be engaging our mind in thinking?
- Why I die. I do not like to die, but death is compulsory. I do not like to be old man, but still, it is compulsory. I do not like to suffer from disease, but it is compulsory. These are to be solved
- Why should one pray to God?
- Yes, this Krsna consciousness movement is not a sentimental religious system. It is science and philosophy. Therefore our attempt is that you become God conscious
- You are lamenting because a few yards of land has been taken away from your country as Pakistan, but if you spread this Krsna consciousness movement, the whole world will become Hindustan. There is such potency; I give you my direct perception
- You can establish relationship with Krsna any way. There are twelve kinds of rasas, humor
- You can know Him, you can see Him, what He is, what is His function. Just to mitigate all our doubts, God is present here. And Krsna says in the beginning of the Seventh Chapter of the Bhagavad-gita how you can understand God
- You cannot declare that "I am free. I am not subordinate." If you are wishing that "I don't wish to be subordinate, don't wish to bow down," that is your disease
- You have to fix up your mind not only thinking of Krsna, but also working for Krsna, feeling for Krsna. That is complete meditation. That is called samadhi. Your mind cannot go out
- You'll simply hankering after, but there will be no satisfaction. Therefore Narottama says, visaya-visanale. Visaya means these material demands, eating, sleeping, mating, these are called visaya. They are just like poison, fire. So everyone is burning
- Your spirituality is in a Rolls Royce and you're all into money, you Krsnas. You rip off people in the streets. When you said "Violence with violence," that's what you believe. Jesus turned the other cheek