Category:Influence of a Devotee - videos
Pages in category "Influence of a Devotee - videos"
The following 229 pages are in this category, out of 229 total.
- A devotee cannot be equally interested with material pleasure and transcendental pleasure
- A devotee has no demand. He simply engages himself to serve Krsna for the satisfaction of Krsna
- A devotee in love, wants to love Krsna in His original form
- A devotee knows that: "Whatever intelligence, I have got, I may try to become happy, if Krsna does not sanction, I'll never be happy." This is the distinction between devotee and nondevotee
- A devotee like Mother Yasoda, a devotee like Radharani, devotees like gopis, devotees like the cowherds boy, they can control Krsna. That is Vrndavana life. So this Krsna consciousness movement is trying to take you there
- A devotee may seem to be living in some place which is far from Vrndavana, but he's living in Vrndavana. That's a fact
- A devotee never takes dangerous position as very reverse position or very calamitous position. He welcomes. Because a surrendered soul, he knows either danger or festival, they are all different demonstration of Krsna. Krsna is absolute
- A literature presented to the people, to the public for reading, which are even grammatically incorrect, but because there is glorification of the Lord, it can produce revolution. It can purify the whole human society
- A sadhu's business is for the benefit of all living entities. A sadhu does not like to cut even a tree, because he knows, "Here is a living entity. He is standing here for many years by his karma, and he has to continue this for many years more"
- A Vaisnava is unhappy by seeing others unhappy. Personally, he has no unhappiness. Because he's in contact with Krsna, how he can be unhappy? Personally, he has no unhappiness
- According to Bhagavad-gita, only a devotee of Krsna, a person who is intimately related with Krsna, he can understand what is Bhagavad-gita
- Acts of this life, the activities of this life are preparation ground for the next life. We are preparing for our next life by our activities of this life
- Actually the whole world is serving the senses, servant of the senses. Godasa. But if we engage the senses in the service of Krsna, then we shall no longer remain the servant of the senses. We shall be the master of the senses
- Actually, sastra is not for the loafer class. For highly learned brahmanas and highly elevated ksatriyas. And the vaisyas and the sudras, they are not expected to become very learned in sastra
- Adanta means unbridled, uncontrolled. Go means indriya or senses. Materialistic persons, they cannot control their senses. They are servant of the senses, godasa. Go means indriya, and dasa means servant
- All these big, big men, let them have one set of books and study. It is not any expenditure for them, but if at their leisure hour they read some of the line - they are all intelligent men - they'll get ideas, what is this Krsna consciousness
- Although this is the disappearance day of Srimad Srimad Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura, so there is nothing to be lamented. Although we feel separation, that feeling is there, but spiritually, there is no difference between appearance & disappearance
- Amara Jivana, CD 8 - Amara jivana sada pape rata nahiko punyera lesa. This is a song sung by Bhaktivinoda Thakura in Vaisnava humbleness. A Vaisnava is always meek and humble
- Anadi Karama Phale, CD 7 - This is a song sung by Bhaktivinoda Thakura, depicting the picture of the conditioned soul
- Another student, she is preparing the sweetballs, ISKCON balls, and they are forgetting meat-eating. They do not like any more meat-eating. They have got better engagement, sweetballs
- Antah means within and bahih means without. "Those who are less intelligent, they simply try to find out God within, and those who are advanced in intelligence, they can see You within and without." That is the difference
- Any activities spiritual, that is all good, and any activity, material, that is all bad. This is the difference. Here, the so-called morality, goodness, they're all bad. And in the spiritual world, so-called immorality is also good
- As far as possible try to worship the Deity, patram puspam phalam toyam yo me bhaktya prayacchati. Krsna does not want your whole property. Krsna is open to the poorest man for being worshiped
- As I am puppet of my Guru Maharaja, if you become my puppet, then that is success. Our success is there when we become puppet of the predecessor
- As soon as we get a car, however rotten it may be, we think that it is very nice, and identify with that car
- As you think of Krsna, as you see Krsna, as you read of Krsna, as you work for Krsna, some way or other, if you remain in Krsna consciousness, that is your benefit. And that benefit will save you from taking birth again in the material world
- At the present moment if one man is attacked, the passersby will not care for it because they have lost their sympathy or mercifulness for others. Our neighbor may starve, but we don't care for it
- Because your senses are engaged in the service of the Hrsikesa, the senses have no other opportunity to be engaged. Locked up
- Believe it! There is no more superior authority than Krsna
- Bhagavad-gita is a transcendental literature which one should read very carefully. And the result will be, if he properly follows the instruction, then he can be freed from all miseries of life, all anxieties of life and all fears of life
- Bhagavata-dharma means the relationship between the devotees and the Lord. The Lord is Bhagavan and the devotee is bhagavata, or in relationship with Bhagavan
- Bhajahu Re Mana, 1967 part one - Durlabha manava-janama. Durlabha means very rare to obtain. Manava-janma means this human form of life. It comes after a very long rotation
- Bhajahu Re Mana, 1969 - Govinda dasa advises that "You just engage your mind in Krsna consciousness. Then mind becomes automatically controlled"
- Bhajahu Re Mana, 1972 - If you train the mind, then mind is your best friend. And if you cannot train your mind, then will be your bitterest enemy
- Bhajahu Re Mana, CD 5 - My dear mind, my desire is that you kindly help me hearing about this abhaya-caranaravinda, Krsna, sravana. And let me chant about His glories, sravana kirtana
- Bhakti means realization of God consciousness. And the symptom of God consciousness is that he is averse to all material activities. He has no interest
- Bhakti-yoga is the highest platform of yoga principles
- Bhismadeva, in Rajasuya-yajna, admitted that "Nobody is better brahmacari than Krsna. He was within the gopis, all young girls, but He remained a brahmacari"
- Bhuliya Tomare, CDV 17 - We have heard so much about surrender. So here are some of the songs how one can make surrender
- By the grace of Kunti, we can understand that although the Supreme Person is invisible, now He has appeared to be visible, Krsna
- Devotee's business is to glorify. He doesn't take any credit for himself. Actually, there is nothing to be taken credit. The all credit goes to Krsna
- Don't make any plan. Accept Krsna's plan. That will be simply giving trouble to Krsna. Therefore, a devotee does not pray even for his maintenance. That is pure devotee. He doesn't give trouble to Krsna even for his bare maintenance
- Don't run after this mirage. Just turn back to Godhead, back to Krsna. That is our propaganda
- Don't think that: "Because I have become a devotee, there will be no danger, no suffering." Prahlada Maharaja suffered so much. The Pandavas suffered so much. Haridasa Thakura suffered so much. But we should not be disturbed by those sufferings"
- Don't waste your time how to solve your economic problems. This is nonsense. Of course, it is very revolutionary. People will hate me. "What Swamiji's speaking?" But actually this is the fact. This is another madness
- Don’t aspire for material enjoyment. Enjoyment is there. Don’t think that "If I stop my material enjoyment, then my life of enjoyment is finished." No. It is not finished
- Don’t eat anything which is not eaten by Krsna - your tongue becomes your most intimate friend. And don’t talk anything except Krsna. If you follow these two principles, Krsna will be within your grip
- Easiest way to please Krsna... You don't require much money, much education, and nothing of the sort. Simply you require your heart
- Everyone has got a particular relationship with the Lord and that relationship is evoked by the perfection of devotional service. At the present status of our life we have not only forgotten the Supreme Lord, but also our eternal relationship with Him
- Gaura Pahu, 1969 - Why I have invited the spiritual death? Because I am engaged in something which is useless and I have rejected the real purpose of my life
- Gauranga Bolite Habe, 1968 Dec 29 - Rupa-raghunatha-pade haibe akuti. When I shall be very much eager to study the books left by the Six Gosvamis. Akuti means eagerness
- Gauranga Bolite Habe, 1968 Jan 5 - Pulaka-sarira means shivering on the body. When one is factually situated in the transcendental platform, sometimes there are eight kinds of symptoms: crying, talking like a madman, and shivering of the body
- Gaurangera Duti Pada, 1969 part two - one who can understand that the associates of Lord Caitanya are ever-liberated... Nitya-siddha bale mani, sei yaya vrajendra suta-pasa. Immediately he becomes eligible to enter into the abode of Krsna
- God has nothing to do. He is self-sufficient. Neither He has got any aspiration
- God means without competition: one. God is one. Nobody is great... asamordhva. Nobody is greater than Him. Nobody is equal to Him. Everyone is lower. Ekale isvara krsna ara saba bhrtya. The only master is Krsna, God; and everyone, servant
- Gopi-bhartur pada-kamalayor dasa-dasa-dasanudasah. This is our process. We don't approach Krsna directly. We must begin our service to the Krsna's servant. And who is Krsna's servant? One who has become the servant of another Krsna's servant
- Gopis, they are not conditioned souls. They are liberated spirits
- Guru means the faithful servant of God. That is guru. So you have to first of all test that "Are you faithful servant of God?" If he says, "No, I am God," oh, kick him on his face immediately. That "You are rascal. You have come to cheat us"
- Guru means who is above the siddhas. Krsna-tattva-vetta. Yei krsna-tattva-vetta, sei guru haya. One cannot become guru unless he knows krsna-tattva. Not ordinary man. The yogis, the karmis, the jnanis, they cannot become guru. That is not sanctioned
- Hare Krishna Maha Mantra, CD 2 - This chanting of Hare Krsna is directly enacted from the spiritual platform, surpassing all lower states of consciousness-namely sensual, mental and intellectual
- Hari Hari Biphale, 1969 - This Krsna consciousness movement, sankirtana movement, is nothing material. It is directly imported from the spiritual kingdom known as Goloka Vrndavana
- He (Krsna) sends some devotee in the garb of enemy and Krsna comes here to fight with him. At the same time, to teach us that becoming enemy, enemy of Krsna is not very profitable. Better become friend. That will be profitable
- How much time it requires to surrender to Krsna? Immediately you can do that. Surrender means you surrender and work as Krsna says. That is surrender. What Krsna says to do? Man-mana bhava mad-bhakto mad-yaji mam namaskuru. Four things
- Humbleness is very good in devotional service
- I have got hundreds and thousands of servants who I haven't got to pay. This is spiritual relationship
- I started my own factory, the business was very successful, but everything was dismantled; I was forced to come to this position to carry out my order of my Guru Maharaja
- I want to give this culture to the world, and my idea is that America is advanced country. If they accept it, then it will be possible to broadcast the idea throughout the whole world. That is my idea
- I will never die, I shall live for my books, and you will utilize
- I would like you to explain the origin and significance of what you, what they call the Jagannatha car festival
- If actually there is any sympathizer for the fallen conditioned souls, he is a Vaisnava. He knows why they are suffering. Therefore he wants to give him the information: "My dear friend, you are suffering simply for forgetting your real lover, Krsna"
- If every one of us, we become reinstated in the transcendental platform of loving Krsna, then our aspiration of mastership will be fulfilled. That is not known at present, but if we agree to serve Krsna, then gradually we'll see that Krsna is serving you
- If one is not born, how he can die? There is no question of death. Death is for a thing which has got a birth. If one has no birth, there is no question of death
- If people are trained to become Krsna conscious, then automatically everyone will be happy. Any one who will join, one, anyone who will hear, anyone who will cooperate - everyone will be happy
- If the king is real representative of God, then simply by pleasing the king, you please the almighty father, God
- If we analyze, what is the fault of Jesus Christ, there is no fault. The only fault he was preaching about God. And still he'd find so many enemies. He was cruelly crucified
- If we are not serious about understanding the science of Krsna, if you take some opportunity to become this, to become that, and make some money, and this and that, then the whole thing is finished. For opportunists there is no Krsna consciousness
- If we do not love Krsna, then our hearts will be harder and harder and harder. Heart is there for love, but why you are so hard-hearted?
- If we want to become predominator falsely in this material world, that is illusion, That we must give up. That we must give up. We shall always try to become predominated by Krsna. That is successful life
- If you are associating personally with President Nixon, how much proud you feel? "Oh, I am with President Nixon." So will you not feel very much proud if you are associating the supreme Nixon? Who can create millions of Nixons
- If you deposit one cent daily, one day it may become a hundred dollars. So when you get the hundred dollars, you can get the business. (laughter) So you come here daily, one cent, one cent... When it will be hundred dollars, you will become a devotee
- If you fall from the instruction, how you can remain eternal? You have to stay on the platform. Then eternally you are safe. If you fall down from the platform, then it is your fault
- If you simply look after the bodily necessities and do not care to look after the necessity of the soul, that is foolish civilization
- If you think of Krsna twenty-four hours, Krsna will think of you twenty-six hours. (laughter) Krsna is so kind. If you do some service for Krsna, Krsna will reward you hundred times
- If you want to know how God is great then you have to take reference of this Vedic literature. No other literature
- If you write books about Krsna, if you read books about Krsna, if you talk about Krsna, you think of Krsna, you worship Krsna, you cook for Krsna, you eat for Krsna - so that is krsna-kirtana
- In Chapter Four in Bhagavad-gita As It Is, it is said that Arjuna was present at the speaking of Bhagavad-gita to the sun-god so many years ago. What position did he have there?
- In execution of my devotional service there may be so many dangers, but because I have taken shelter of Krsna's lotus feet, I am safe
- In the English dictionary the name of Krsna as stated "a Hindu god." But actually, that is not the fact. Krsna is the name of God. Krsna means the all-attractive, all-good
- Is Rama synonymous with Jesus?
- It is not that senses should be stopped. No. It should be controlled. "When I require, I shall use it; otherwise not." That is master of senses. "I shall not act impelled by the senses. Senses should act under my direction"
- Jugala-piriti: the loving dealings between Radha and Krsna. Jugala means "couple"; piriti means "love."
- Just like a devotee wants to satisfy the Lord in all respects, similarly more than the devotee, the Lord wants to satisfy the devotee. This is the exchange of loving affairs
- Just like Krsna comes upon this earth once in Brahma's day. So so many millions of years, Krsna will appear again, if not personally, by His expansion, amsena. Caitanya Mahaprabhu will appear exactly in due course of time
- Just like Krsna is dressed, similarly, His friends, cowherd boys, they are also dressed. In the spiritual world, when you go, you'll not be able to understand who is Krsna and who is not Krsna. Everyone is like Krsna
- Just like Krsna's another name is Madana-mohana. Madana means Cupid. Cupid enchants everyone. Cupid. And Krsna enchants Cupid. Therefore His name is Madana-mohana. He's so beautiful that even Cupid is enchanted by Him
- Just like you brush something with broomstick or something and throw away the dust, similarly, the dusty things, so-called sentimental religionism, is not here in the Srimad-Bhagavatam. It is a science. Parama-guhyam: very confidential
- Krsna can be present more acutely in separation. That is Caitanya Mahaprabhu's teaching: to love Krsna in separation
- Krsna consciousness is not so easy. You cannot have it unless you surrender yourself
- Krsna consciousness movement is most scientific movement to get the whole human society from the pitch of darkness
- Krsna consciousness movement is trying to save people from going down to animal life
- Krsna has no enemy. Krsna has no friend. He is completely independent. He does not depend on enemy. But He plays like that for the benefit of the so-called friend and so-called enemy
- Krsna is explaining Himself in the Bhagavad-gita so much. Don't bother very much to know Krsna. That is not possible. Simply increase your unalloyed love for Krsna. That is perfection of life
- Krsna is first-class, His devotees are also first-class. The trees, the birds, the cows, and the calves are all first-class. Therefore it is called absolute. No conception of relative, second-class, third-class, fourth-class
- Krsna is mentioned here as Hrsikesa. He is solid. He is Acyuta. He is solid. He is not changed
- Krsna says, "My devotee, with affection," yo me bhaktya prayacchati. Krsna is not hungry. Krsna has not come to you for accepting your offering because He is hungry. No. He is not hungry. He is self-complete
- Krsna, although He is always in Goloka Vrndavana, He has nothing to do. He is simply enjoying in the company of His associates, the gopis and the cowherds boy, His mother, His father. Free, completely free
- Krsna-prapti hoy jaha hate: by the favor of guru one gets Krsna. Yasya prasadad bhagavat. Everywhere. This is bhagavad-bhakti-yoga. So one who has not attained this state, what is this bhagavad-bhakti? This is rascaldom
- Learn this art - how one can be absorbed both by the mind and intelligence twenty-four hours thinking of the Lord. And that will help one to transfer himself into the kingdom of God or in the spiritual atmosphere after leaving this material body
- Lord Buddha propagated, "Yes, there is no God. But what I say, you follow." "Yes, sir." But he is God. This is cheating. Yes. They do not believe in God, but they believe in Buddha, and Buddha is God
- Lord Caitanya's mission - that the only lovable object is Krsna and His land Vrndavana
- Lord Jesus Christ is son of God, the best son of God, so we have all respect for him. Yes. Anyone who is teaching people about God consciousness, he is respectful to us. It does not matter in which country, in which atmosphere, he was preaching
- Love does not mean "I love myself" and meditate upon love. No. There must be another person, lover. Therefore dvaitavada. As soon as you come to the bhakti school, there must be dvaitavada: two - Krsna and Krsna's devotee
- Love means without any personal profit. If I love God for some profit, that is business; that is not love. Ahaituky apratihata. And such love of God cannot be checked by any material cause
- Manasa Deho Geho, CD 5 - Bhakativinoda kohe, suno kana: "My Lord, Kana-Krsna, You are the Lover of Radharani, but You are my life and soul, kindly give me protection"
- My life is simple. I was householder. I have still my wife, my children, my grandsons. My Guru Maharaja ordered me "Go & preach this cult in the Western countries." So I left everything on the order of my Guru Maharaja, & I am trying to execute the order
- My spiritual master took this risk, preaching work, and he inspired us also to do that preaching work. And we are also imploring you to take this preaching work
- Narada Muni Bajay Vina, CD 3 - Bhaktivinoda Thakura says, "And the whole universe became ecstatic. Then my desire was satisfied and I therefore pray unto the lotus feet of Rupa Gosvami that let this chanting of hari-nama go on nicely like this"
- Nitai Guna Mani Amara, CDV 17 - Ocean of love of Godhead is a big ocean, but it was not inundated. So Nityananda Prabhu cut a canal from the ocean, and He brought the canal in every door
- Nitai Pada Kamala, 1969 - If you are actually serious about going back to home, back to Godhead, then please seek after the mercy of Nityananda
- Nobody can be wiser than God
- Nobody wants to surrender. He wants to compete. Individually, person to person, family to family, nation to nation, everyone is trying to become the master. Where is the question of surrendering?
- Now we are world organization. There is spiritual side, and there is material side also. That is not material side. That is also spiritual side, means systematic management. Otherwise how it will be done?
- Now when we are selling book, that is Krsna consciousness. We are selling book. But if we think that the selling book may be diverted into selling jewelry, that is not very good idea. Then we become again jeweler. Punar musika bhava. Again become mouse
- One can see when the eyes are anointed with the ointment of bhakti. The eyes have cleansed to see God. That is revelation
- One day the king asked him, "Gopala, what is the difference between you and an ass?" So he immediately measured the distance from the king. He said, "It is three feet only, sir. The difference is only three feet." So everyone began to laugh
- One who cannot understand Krsna, what is Krsna, which Vyasadeva has described what is Krsna in nine cantos, to understand Krsna, and then in the Tenth Canto he begins the birth advent of Krsna
- Other yoga system there must be mixture of bhakti. But bhakti-yoga is unadulterated devotion
- Our business is how to become recognized by Krsna
- Our Krsna consciousness is eternally a fact. Otherwise you European, American boys and girls, you, three or four years ago, you did not know what is Krsna. Why you are so much attached to Krsna?
- Our Krsna consciousness movement is the only movement - I can declare very proudly - which can actually do some benefit to the human society
- Our Krsna consciousness society is a bhakta-sanga, is a society of devotees. Never try to go away. Never try to go away. Discrepancies there may be. You should adjust
- Our mission is to establish the desire of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu. That is our business
- Our religion does not say asceticism. Our religion teaches to love God. You can love God in this dress. There is no harm
- Pandita does not mean one who has got degree. Pandita means sama-cittah
- Prahlada Maharaja is one of the mahajanas, authorized persons, authorized devotee. We should try to follow him
- Prahlada Maharaja, being very exalted devotee, he could appease the Lord. Bhaktya, by bhakti, you can control the Supreme Lord. That is the only way
- Prayers of King Kulasekhara, CD 14 - This prayer was offered by one king whose name was Kulasekhara. He was a great king, at the same time a great devotee
- Radha-Krsna Bol, CDV 17 - Lord Caitanya and Nityananda, both together, while walking and dancing through the street, He was instructing that "All of you simply say Radha-Krsna"
- Radharani is hari-priya, very dear to Krsna. So if we approach Krsna through Radharani, through the mercy of Radharani, then it becomes very easy
- She tests very rigidly whether you have taken Krsna consciousness to disturb Krsna, or you are actually serious. That is maya' s business. So there will be, in the beginning, test by maya, and you will feel so much disturbances in making progress in KC
- Siddhi means perfection of life. Generally they take it asta-siddhi of yoga practice - anima, laghima, mahima, prapti, siddhi, isitva, vasitva, prakamya. So these are called siddhis, yoga-siddhi
- Simply we remain stuck up in Deity worship, we do not feel for others -- na canyesu na tad-bhakta -- you do not know who is devotee, how to worship him, then we remain kanistha-adhikari
- So long you come, do not come to Krsna consciousness, your, these two business will go on, lamenting and hankering. And as soon as you come to Krsna consciousness, you become joyful. There is no reason of lamenting
- So long you remain intoxicated with, it is all zero. But as soon as you put Krsna, it becomes ten, hundred, thousand, millions. You American boys and girls, you have got this opportunity. You have got zeroes. Put Krsna. You become ten
- So many sacrifices, ritualistic... All finished. You do not require to take trouble for these things if you have come to the point of sacrificing everything for Hari
- Sometimes in disguise the king used to see whether this varnasrama-dharma is being maintained, properly being observed, whether somebody is simply wasting time like hippies
- Sri Krsna Caitanya Prabhu, 1969 - My dear Lord Nityananda, You are always joyful, in spiritual bliss, and You appear always very happy. So I have come to You because I am most unhappy. So if You kindly put Your glance over me, then I may also become happy
- Sri Sri Siksastakam, 1968 - Glories to the sri-krsna-sankirtana, which cleanses the heart of all the dust accumulated for years together. Thus the fire of conditioned life, of repeated birth and death is extinguished
- Sridhara Swami has said that mukti is also another cheating. Why mukti? Krsna does not demand that "Unless you are mukta, liberated, you cannot serve." No. You can serve in any condition. Ahaituky apratihata
- That is my personal experience. In the beginning, when my Guru Maharaja ordered me, I thought it that "I shall first of all become very rich man; then I shall preach"
- That is the defect of Western civilization. Vox populi, taking opinion of the public. But what is the value of this public? Drunkards, smokers, meat-eaters, woman-hunters
- The Lord and the devotee, they are on the same status. Every one of them. Lord, His name, His form, His quality, His associates, His paraphernalia. Everything, they are absolute
- The modern elected executive head of the state is just like a puppet because he has no kingly power. Even if he is enlightened like Maharaja Yudhisthira, he cannot do anything out of his own good will due to his constitutional position
- The more you can reduce your sleep and eating, you keep good health, especially for spiritual purposes. But not artificially. But when you advance, naturally you'll not feel, just like Raghunatha dasa Gosvami
- The more you feel separation from Krsna, you should understand that you are advancing. Don't try to see Krsna artificially. Be advanced in separation feeling, and then it will be perfect. That is the teachings of Lord Caitanya
- The preacher must love the people. Why at eighty years old I have come here if I do not love? So who can love better than a preacher? He loves even the animals
- The sinful list we have given, the four principles, illicit sex life, intoxication, meat-eating & gambling. These are the four pillars of sinful life. We request our students first of all break these four pillars. So the roof of sinful life will collapse
- The speaker of the Bhagavad-gita is Lord Sri Krsna. He is mentioned in every page of the Bhagavad-gita as the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Bhagavan
- The spirit soul is person as much as God is also person. Imperson means the covering. Try to understand. The covering is impersonal, not the living being. He is covered. He is not imperson. He is person
- The spiritual master or the father, he does not become envious. He feels himself very, very happy, that "This boy has advanced more than me." This is spiritual master's position
- The spiritual master's mercy is described, mukham karoti vacalam. Mukham means dumb, one who cannot speak. He becomes a great lecturer or speaker
- The whole yoga system means to make the mind our friend
- There are different types of concepts of God. Generally, they take it as an idea but we don't take it as idea. We take God as concrete fact
- There are many commentators, they deviate from Krsna. I do not know why. That is their nefarious motive
- There is a verse that: "Sadhu is My heart, and I am also the sadhu's heart." The sadhu is always thinking of Krsna and Krsna is always thinking of His devotee, sadhu
- There is no credit for me, but it is only a teeny attempt, and humble attempt. So if one man could do, if you say, some success, why not all of us?
- They (people) like it, to work very hard. But our Krsna consciousness movement is transferring that hard working to the business of Krsna. That tendency for hard working may be utilized
- They say that God cannot come. But if I put the question: "Why God cannot come?" what is the answer? If God is all-powerful, why you are curtailing His power, that He cannot come? What kind of God is He? God is under your law, or you are under God's law?
- This black snake is less harmful than the man snake. Why? Now, this black snake, by chanting some mantra or by some herb can bring him under your control. But this man snake you cannot. It is not possible
- This human life is meant for understanding God. That is the only business of human life
- This is Gaudiya-Vaisnava philosophy. It requires time. So the activities of Krsna, the rascals, if they simply see that "Krsna is enticing Arjuna to fight; therefore Krsna is immoral," that is, means wrong vision
- This is Rupa Gosvami's instruction. Somehow or other, you become attached to Krsna. Then your life is successful
- This is the only yoga system, bhakti-yoga system, that one can practice for quick result and self-realization and liberation even in this life. He hasn't got to wait for another life. It is so nice, Krsna consciousness
- This is Vaisnava son. Prahlada did not ask anything for himself. And although he knew that his father was the greatest enemy, still, he is asking his benediction, "This poor fellow may be liberated"
- This is very instructive struggle between the atheist and the theist. This story of Prahlada Maharaja is eternally true. There is always a struggle between the atheist and the theist
- This Krsna consciousness movement is on the spiritual platform, above body, mind and intelligence. But actually, we should come to that platform, because we are spirit soul, we are neither this body nor this mind nor this intelligence
- This Krsna consciousness movement means we want to become friends of everyone
- This Maha-Visnu is plenary portion of the plenary portion of Krsna. Krsna is the original
- This material world is full of danger. It is dangerous place. It is the place of miseries. You cannot become happy in a place which is meant for miseries. That we have to understand
- This movement can be pushed on vigorously so long we are devotees, otherwise it will be finished. It cannot be conducted by any outsiders. No. Only the devotees. That is the secret. So long we remain devotees, our movement will go, without any check
- Those who are engaged in Krsna consciousness, devotional service, make your association with them. We are therefore making different centers to give everyone the opportunity to have the association of devotee
- Those who are thinking of first of all analyzing Krsna, whether He's God, they are not first-class devotee. Those who have got spontaneous love for Krsna, they are first-class devotees. How you will analyze Krsna? He's unlimited. It is impossible
- To understand Krsna, God, we require to purify our senses
- Try to understand this fact. Krsna does not require your nice dress or nice flower or nice food. Krsna does not require. But if you give Him, then you become benefited. It is Krsna's favor that He's accepting
- Ultimately there is no difference, either sadhana-siddha or krpa-siddha or nitya-siddha, but we should always remember that Prahlada Maharaja is not ordinary devotee; he is nitya-siddha
- Unless one receives this Bhagavad-gita in a submissive spirit and aural reception, it is very difficult to understand Bhagavad-gita because it is a great mystery
- Unless you accept God there is no question of bhakti-yoga
- Utsahad dhairyan niscayat. The first principle is one must be very enthusiastic. He must believe that Krsna has said that, na me bhaktah pranasyati, "My devotee will never be vanquished." So "Let me become Krsna's devotee sincerely"
- Vaisnava aparadha is a great offense
- Vaisnava himself is very happy because he is in direct connection with Krsna. He personally has no complaint, because a Vaisnava is satisfied simply by serving Krsna. That's all. He doesn't want anything
- Vaisnava is always humble -- meek and humble. That is Vaisnava. Vaisnava is powerful, but still he is very meek and humble
- Vedic instruction is acintya khalu ye bhava na tams tarkena yo jayet: "Do not apply your poor logic in the matters which is inconceivable by you"
- Vibhavari Sesa, CD 7 part one - Bhaktivinoda Thakura. He's asking everyone to rise early in the morning. Vibhavari sesa, the night is over, aloka-pravesa, the glimpses of sunlight are there, now you get up
- Vibhavari Sesa, CD 7 part two - Bhaktivinoda Thakura is requesting everyone, "Now you chant all these different names of the Lord, and save me"
- We are also person, God is also person. Nityo nityanam cetanas cetananam. He is also living entity, we are also living entity. So what is the difference between God and ourself?
- We are chanting, we are hearing, we are dancing, we're enjoying. Why? Just to detach our life from all nonsense things and attach to Krsna. This is the process. This is Krsna consciousness
- We are fallen conditioned souls. In this material world we have come with an enjoying spirit. Therefore we are fallen. If one keeps his position rightly, he does not fall. Otherwise he is degraded. That is fallen condition
- We are getting the sword one after another, simply by hearing
- We are servant; we take the remnants of foodstuff left by Krsna. We are neither vegetarian nor nonvegetarian. We are prasad-ian
- We are thinking that "I'm enjoying," but that is not ananda. This ananda is not fact, because we cannot enjoy this material sense pleasure for long. Everyone has got experience. It is finished. But spiritual enjoyment does not finish. It increases
- We cannot cheat Krsna. Krsna can immediately understand how much serious and sincere you are for understanding Krsna or approaching Him or going back to home, back to Godhead
- We do not think in terms of that simply my brother is good, I am good. And all bad. This kind of narrow, crippled consciousness we hate, we kick out
- We have created unnecessary problems simply by forgetting Krsna. This is the material nature. Bhave 'smin klisyamananam. Therefore you have to work so hard
- We have got so many books. Whoever comes here must read the books, devotee, the inmates of the temple, outsider, then you will understand what is Krsna consciousness
- We have to learn how to act only for Krsna, how to love only Krsna. Then our life is successful. And the human life... Because we have also come down from Vaikuntha some millions and millions of years ago
- We have to train up the mind until we get the another body. That is the art of living. So if you train up your mind simply to think of Krsna, then you are safe. Otherwise there is chance of accidents
- We living entities, we never die, never take birth. Nityah sasvato yam, na hanyate hanyamane sarire. Every one of us, we are eternal
- We should always remember that. Don't bring any material desire in executing devotional service. Then it is not pure
- We should be prepared to sacrifice anything for perfection of this human form of life. Then perfection is guaranteed. Simply we should be very serious, that's all
- We should be very strongly inclined to Krsna consciousness like Haridasa Thakura. Then we shall be able very easily to overcome the allurement of maya
- We should not love Krsna for some material gain. It is not that: "Krsna, give us our daily bread. Then I love You. Krsna, give me this. Then I love You." There is no such mercantile exchange. That is wanted. Krsna wants that kind of love
- We shudder as soon as we hear that we have to become servant of God
- We simply don't say that: "No illicit sex, no intoxication, no, no..." Simply negative is no meaning. There must be something positive. Because everyone wants engagement. That is because we are living entities. We are not dead stone
- We want to lord it over the material nature. So, so long we do not give up this propensity of lording it over the material nature, up to that time there is no possibility of going back to the kingdom of the Supreme, the sanatana-dhama
- We write: "We trust in God," but we make discrimination. If you trust in God, then you must be equally kind and merciful to all living entities. That is God consciousness
- Whatever we are worshiping Radha-Krsna, that is Radha-Krsna in His Narayana form - Laksmi-Narayana. In the beginning we should worship Radha-Krsna in the level of Laksmi-Narayana, with awe and veneration, very strictly following the rules and regulations
- When I take this Bhagavad-gita book, I see one picture, that Krsna is so kind that He has taken the chariot driver, sarathi, of Arjuna. He is His devotee. So Sri Krsna is so kind that He can accept the position of a servant because Arjuna was ordering
- When we speak of service, there is no motive. Service is love
- When you see the sunshine, moonshine. Krsna says "I am the sunshine, I am the moonshine." So as soon as you see in the morning, sunshine, you see Krsna
- Where is the difficulty to understand Krsna consciousness? Everything is there in the Bhagavad-gita. If you diligently study and try to understand, you remain fully Krsna conscious always. Everything is there
- You are taking this pledge for serving (as a sannyasi) in front of Krsna, Vaisnava, guru and fire. So you shall be very much cautious not to forget your duty
- You can establish relationship with Krsna any way. There are twelve kinds of rasas, humor
- You have to take shelter of a person who is a devotee of Krsna, and you have to serve. That means you have to accept a devotee, a true devotee, a pure devotee, as your guide. That is our process
- You may love humanity, but because you do not love Krsna, therefore you do not love the cows; you send them to slaughterhouse. So your love will remain defective. It will never be complete. And if you love Krsna, then you will love even the small ant
- You mentioned something about Caitanya dancing with Haridasa?
- You should always remember this. A little mistake will spoil the whole scheme, little mistake. Nature is very strong