Category:Is It Not
"is it not"
Pages in category "Is It Not"
The following 124 pages are in this category, out of 124 total.
- A ass is trying to become a pig. What is that civilization? So ideal is to become a pig, and for that, fulfillment of that idea, they are working like ass. Is it not? Just see. Think over
- A doctor may order, "In the morning, take this medicine; in the evening, take that medicine." It is not a change of the doctor's orders. It is simply that according to the time, the doctor's orders call for a particular medicine
- A dog cannot live independently. He must have a master. Then he is happy. Is it not? Otherwise it is street dog
- A gang of thieves has a signboard - "Goodman and Company." The philosophy is that when an animal is not properly nourished, that is cruelty. Therefore instead of allowing it to starve, better to kill it. That is their theory. Is it not
- A healthy man, if he is in the society of contamination, is it not his life is very risky? He may be contaminated and infected by disease any moment
- A man wants to become powerful or rich - is it not? But nobody is richer than Krsna. Therefore Krsna is attractive to him
- Accepting that the soul is immortal and it never dies, still, if some relative dies, we feel pain. Is it not a fact
- Actually I began my, this Krsna consciousness movement, and it was not that those who came were in a very purified condition
- After giving up this body, the soul is going to accept another body. Now the human civilization, is it not duty of the human society to know what kind of body I am going to accept?
- An old man - grandfather - is suffering, so better to kill him. And there - in Africa there is a class of men who make a festival by killing their great-grandfathers. Is it not
- Anyone who comes to become my disciple, this is my first proposal, that "If you agree, then you come." It is not that you can do anything nonsense you like, and you become my disciple
- As far as the atheistic are concerned, it is not necessary for the Supreme Lord to appear as He is to destroy them, as He did with the demons Ravana and Kamsa. BG 1972 purports
- As soon as one becomes Krsna conscious, he gives up all kinds of intoxication, all kinds of illicit sex, all kinds of meat-eating, all kinds of gambling. Is it not social service? Best social service
- At least those who are claiming Buddhist, they are killing animals. Bruce, is it not? Yes. But in the Buddhist religion there is no sanction for killing animals
- Avatara means one who comes directly from the spiritual world. And incarnation . . . of course, this avatara is translated with the word incarnation, but I think real meaning of incarnation means "who accepts a body." Is it not
- Because we are personalist. We are not impersonal. This (chanting Hare Krsna, the pictures, the clothes, the instruments, the altar and Lord Jagannatha) is spiritual varieties. You are talking of no variety. Is it not?
- Before Brahma could take part in creation, he had to undergo tapasya. Is it not stated in the sastra? Yes. So tapasya is essential. You cannot avoid it
- Bible is not different from Bhagavad-gita, but when one is perfectly conversant with Bible, he'll understand more nicely Bhagavad-gita. It is not contradictory. It is helpful
- Big, big rich men in America, they spend fifty thousand dollars in a week in Florida for seeing naked dance. Is it not? Is it not a fact? Because they are sudras. They do not know how to spend money
- Brahman understanding, impersonal understanding of the Absolute Truth, is imperfect understanding, partial understanding. It is not full understanding. Full understanding is Bhagavan
- But isn't that natural, just like no one wants to keep an old bull in the barn?
- Every planet produces different types of food according to the needs of its residents. According to the Vedic sastras, it is not true that the moon does not produce food or that no living entity is living there
- Everyone is keeping a dog, very favorite pet. And in church, they'll talk of God, but practically they love the dog. Is it not? This is going on, in the name of religion
- Everything is distressful here, but fools being illusioned, covered by the illusory maya, that distress he accepts as happiness. That is maya. It is not at all happiness
- Eyes - the vulture goes seven miles up to see where there is food for the stomach. Is it not? Then the wings fly there, and the jaws catch the food
- Have you not seen how a man is controlled by a dog? In the street the dog stops, passes stool, and his master will stand and wait. Is it not
- He gets a skyscraper building, throughout his whole life laboring. But he cannot stay there. He'll be kicked out. Is it not ass? Is he not an ass? He cannot stay there. Anitya samsare. Anitya. Because it is not the permanent settlement
- He has got so many degrees and he's a rascal and he's durjana, a bad man? - "Yes." "Why?" Suppose a serpent, he has got a gem on his head. Is it not fearful? Very good example
- He is slapped by the police. He says, "Oh, I am independent. Go on slapping." This is insanity. Is it not insanity? The police slaps him, and he says, "I am independent." Do you think independence? So that sort of independence we are having
- Here is the indication that after death we have to accept another body. Is it not? Now, what kind of body you are going to accept? There are 8,400,000 varieties of bodies
- Hindu, or I may be a Christian, but the fact is that we are serving somebody. Either you be Hindu or Muslim or Christian or you may profess any religion, but you must be serving somebody. Is it not? So that serving is religion. Try to understand this
- How are we doing it (following sanatana-dharma)? Is it not practical? Krsna requests, man-mana bhava mad-bhakto mad-yaji mam namaskuru: "Always think of Me, become My devotee, worship Me, and offer your obeisances to Me." Where is the impracticality
- How do you understand that God is great? What is your calculation, that from, on this point, God is great? Just like in your Bible it is said, "God said 'Let there be creation,' and there was creation." Is it not? Is it not statement? So here is greatness
- How long will I go on claiming, in body after body, "This is my land! This is my land!"? Is it not nonsense? One has to be out of illusion
- I know that even in Buddha philosophy, a Buddhist, a person following Buddhist religion, he has to take sannyasa at least for some time. Is it not?
- I see "This is beautiful." I am entrapped. Is it not?
- If he wants to serve Krishna and he doesn't spend anything for Krishna, then it is not at all good
- If I want to see the President of the United States, can I see him in my own way? If not, then how can I expect to see God in my own way? Is it not rascaldom
- If Krsna likes He can do anything. Now in our New York court case the judge has declared that Krsna consciousness is a genuine religion and has dismissed the case. Is it not Krsna's great blessing
- If one spark falls on your body, on your garment, it burns. But it is not as powerful as the big fire. Similarly, God is all powerful. God is great. We are part and parcel of God. Therefore, our greatness is very, very small, infinitesimal. God is great
- If people accept this philosophy that all land on the surface of the globe belongs to God, Krsna, then whole problem is immediately solved. Is it not?
- If the sun enters your room, then your room and yourself - everything - will be finished. Immediately. You will not have the leisure to understand that the sun has entered. Is it not
- If we actually want to be cured from this diseased condition of repetition of birth, death, old age and disease, we have to abstain from this sinful life. So it is not difficult. It requires little knowledge
- If we associate with spiritual life, then we shall develop a spiritual body. The same example I have several times given is that if you put an iron rod within fire, it will become like fire. Is it not
- If you are in the sunshine, sunlight, then you see the sun as well as yourself. Is it not? Therefore to see the self means first of all see the Supreme Self. The Supreme Self is Krsna
- If you are talking of God, then you must love God. That is progress. But there is no love of God, there is love of something else, so what is the use of talking about? Hmm? What do you think? Is it not waste of time?
- If you falsely think that, "I am the proprietor of this Los Angeles city," is it not your false thinking
- In all Vedic literature, the highest perfectional stage is said to be the state of intoxication of devotional service. It is not achieved by ordinary persons, the nondevotees
- In the Bible it is said, "Man is made after God." Is it not said like that? That means God has exactly the same form. And therefore man is made also, the same form. So in this way both God and the living entities, they are anadi
- In your country there is law that you cannot purchase from the drug shop any medicine without being prescribed by the medical man. Is it not? So the prescription should be taken from the experienced physician to cure the disease
- Is it not a fact that your good self is the direct representative of Kapiladeva, the incarnation of the SPG? To examine people and see who is actually a human being and who is not, you have presented yourself to be a deaf and dumb person
- Is it not a Hindi word? Kuruksetra is a name of place. So what is the difficulty? Why do you interpret that Kuruksetra means this body? This rascaldom has killed the whole spiritual atmosphere of India
- Is it not astounding that one dares to call the Supreme Lord nonenergetic? The Lord is the controller of all energies, and the living entities are parts and parcels of one of the energies
- Is it not dog dancing, these politicians, politics? Who cares for you? Gandhi was there, he has gone. Does it mean the world activities stop? Churchill was there. He has gone. Hitler was there. They are coming and going like so many insects
- Is it not the duty of the guardians who are taking care of the people, or their son, to educate human being in such a way that they can get better body? Where is that education
- Is it not? "We trust in God. I promise to pay you. Take this paper now. Not even one cent worth. It is written there hundred dollars." So I am thinking I am very happy: "Now I have got this paper." That's all. Cheaters and cheated. This is going on
- It (stomach) is digesting and distributing the energy to all the limbs of the body. Is it not
- It is not by mundane scholarship: "I think it is like that." Who are you? You are thinking like that? No. That is not the process.Two things must be there. First of all pranipata, and the other side, seva, and the middle, pariprasna
- It is not easy for a common man to remember the activities of his past life, but Bharata Maharaja could remember his past activities due to his great sacrifices and engagement in devotional service
- It is not ordinary war (Kuruksetra) . And it was performed in a place which is called dharma-ksetra. So sometimes war is also performed in terms of religiosity. That is prescribed. That is required
- It is not wonderful for persons who have accepted the transient material body as the self to engage always in deriding great souls. Such envy on the part of materialistic persons is very good because that is the way they fall down
- It is recommended that before the next death, if we come to the right conclusion how we shall become happy, then this process of continuously dying and again taking birth and again disease and again old age, then it is not very good
- It is very simple to understand. Everyone is prone to fall diseased. Is it not? Now, when you are diseased, there is no necessity of finding out the history when you became diseased. You are diseased; make your treatment. That's all
- Jesus Christ told, if I remember, that "Lord, excuse these persons," who were crucifying him. Is it not? He knew that "These rascals, they are killing me, but... They are offending certainly. So they do not know that I cannot be killed
- Just like I am head of this institution, but I am not dealing as proprietor. I am dealing as manager, head. Is it not? And all my assistants, they are also working in that capacity. If I would have been proprietor, then they would not have been interested
- Just try to understand. It is a very nice question. You say that "I do not want to bow down." Is it not?
- Krsna consciousness means advanced stage of knowledge. It is not in the material platform. Therefore anyone who is in Krsna consciousness appropriately and thoroughly, he is liberated from material consciousness
- Krsna says in the Bhagavad-gita, raso 'ham apsu kaunteya (BG 7.8): "I am the taste in the water." Now, this taste in the water is perpetual. When Krsna was physically present or Krsna is not physically present, this is a perpetual fact. Is it not?
- Moving temple means through bus, going from one place to another. That is better. From one temple, they go from village to village, town to town. That will be nice. Caitanya Mahaprabhu personally did not establish any temple. He was moving. Is it not?
- My dear Bhadravardhana, there is no need to make these threatening motions. If you will all look more closely you will see that it is only a thundercloud upon Govardhana Hill; it is not the Aristasura in the shape of a bull
- Nothing you can manufacture, even in the body. You are medical practitioner. Hundreds of men you see, different types of body. Is it not? You cannot say that - This is the standard
- Now, supposing Sai Baba is God. So people accept him God, why? Because he shows some jugglery. He creates little gold. Is it not? So if, by creating gold, he is God, then there is bigger God who has created gold mine
- Oh, I have studied high technical education. - But if you do not get a service for using your education, then you are a street dog. Is it not
- One man's food, another man's poison - That is going on everywhere. But for that reason one cannot accept poison as food. Is it not? Just like stool is food for the pigs. But that does not mean stool is food. It may be food for a certain class of animal
- One of the friends of Mother Yasoda continues, "But still, just see how wonderful it is that this great Govardhan Hill is resting on the finger of your child's left hand, just as though it were a toy. Is this not very mysterious?"
- Ordinary body cannot be resurrected. Jesus Christ appeared in his spiritual body, certainly. Jesus Christ told, if I remember, that "Lord, excuse these persons," who were crucifying him. Is it not?
- Our days are changing; the sun is brilliant always. There is no darkness, there is no night. Is it not? Is it not a fact? So where is the past, present, future for the sun? Past, present, future for you, not for the sun
- Our magic is already there. Throughout the whole world we are chanting Hare Krsna. Is not that magic?
- Service you have to render. Either Radha-Krsna or maya, illusion, senses. Everybody is serving to the senses. Is it not? But he's not satisfied. He cannot be satisfied
- So far I know, Christian, there is consideration of hell and heaven. Somebody is going to hell, somebody's going to heaven. Is it not? After death
- So far nuclear weapon is concerned, so there is no much credit. Because it is a weapon for killing, death. Is it not? Not for that purpose?
- So if it is the deluded who despise Lord Krsna, then is it not time for Dr. Radhakrishnan himself to admit that he is guilty of this crime? Let him realize how he has abused the "Lord of all existences," equating Him with a mere mortal
- So long we are stout and strong and we can work very nicely, the health is quite all right, take advantage of it. It is not Krsna consciousness movement is for the lazy fellow
- So-called scientists say that, "God has created this universe. The laws are there. So we have to study the laws. What we shall do with the God?" Is it not?
- Sometimes they will advertise, "Our customers are our masters." Is it not? But in spite of the flowery language - "Our customers are our masters" - this is business, because nobody is a qualified customer unless he pays. But service is not like that
- Sometimes we see on the road so many valuable things left there - government property for repairing roads or some electrical work. A man may think, "Oh, fortunately these things are lying here, so I may take them." Is it not stealing
- Suppose you are destined to occupy some room, and somebody does not allow you to enter that room, is it not criminal?
- Suppose you are falsely thinking that you are king. Although you are a servant, you are thinking, "I am king." This is false ego. And if you increase this false ego, then where is the benefit? You are misled. Is it not
- That (service minus devotion) is not service, that is business. For example, here in Mayapur we have employed a contractor. That is not service - that is business. Is it not
- That can be accepted. "One man's food, another man's poison." That is going on everywhere. But for that reason one cannot accept poison as food. Is it not? Just like stool is food for the pigs
- The animal propensity - he is seeing his wife daily naked, and still he is going to see naked dance, and paying some fees. Because they have no engagement except this animalism. Is it not?
- The conception of the caste system is always based on quality and not on the qualification of birth. Birth is an extraneous consideration; it is not the main feature of the orders and divisions
- The constitutional position of the dog is that it must have a good master. Then he is happy. Then he's happy. Otherwise it is not happy. Is it not? Otherwise it is a street dog. Sometimes it is killed by the municipality
- The end is the same - sex, that's all, which the cats and dogs enjoy in the street. And they have made this civilization, you see. Working very hard, and enjoy the sex. Is it not
- The form of Krsna, which we are worshiping here, it is by hearing. It is not imagination
- The majority of the students, they are becoming irresponsible vagabonds. Is it not?
- The real position, as explained by the Lord Himself, is that although nothing can exist without Him, it is not a fact that everything is Him. He is different from everything
- Their argument is that prakrti-purusa. Just like young man, young woman meets by chance, and the woman becomes pregnant. So this pregnancy is by chance. That is the argument, is it not?
- There is a verse, atmanam sarvato rakset: "First of all try to save your soul." I think Lord Jesus Christ has also spoken something like that, "If, after gaining everything, one loses his spirit soul, then what does he gain?" Is it not
- There is no question of remaining lazy. Just like the hippies. They do not work, but when they do not get food from anywhere, they go and work. Is it not? So he will be obliged to work
- These communist countries, they work so hard. They rise up, 4:30, prepare for going to work. Then work begins at 6:30. Is it not more load than the ass? Still they have to do that, by force
- These rascals, they'll not chant Hare Krsna. They want to predominate over these hills, mountains, rivers, animals. In the Bible, it is said the animals are given under the control of human beings, man. Is it not
- They (the scientists) spend so much time and money, but what is this? Hopelessness. They do not know. All scientists are working, all politicians are financing, but result is hopelessness. Is it no
- They are thinking they are free: they can do whatever they like. That is called ignorance, mudha, rascal. They are living under condition, but they are falsely thinking that "We are free." Is it not
- They do not know, that they should produce sufficient food grains. These, all these contraceptive methods, this and that, monogamy, they are trying for checking population. Is it not
- They don't mind even if they become a dog next life. Is it not? This is Western civilization. They say plainly, "What is wrong? I'll forget." Such degradation has taken place in the human society
- This is modern economy. Is it not? A laborer, a worker, is given high salary, high wages. So what he is getting? It is paper. And he is very enthusiastic to give his labor
- This is not ordinary Bhagavata class, not jumping over Krsna's rasa-lila. It is not like that. It is step by step studying what is Krsna, what is this material world
- This is Vaisnava's qualification. He is very kind. Titiksavah karunikah. (SB 3.25.21). Just like Lord Jesus Christ. He was being crucified. Still, he was saying, "My father, they do not know what they are doing." Is it not
- This movement, for the first time, India is giving something to them. It is not a begging propaganda; it is giving propaganda. Because they are hankering after this substance, Krsna consciousness. They have enjoyed enough of this material consciousness
- This Ramakrishna Mission has created God. God cannot be created. God is God always. This is anthropomorphism. Is it not
- This transcendental vibration is coming down from the transcendental world. It is not material sound. It is not hackneyed
- Those who are followers of the Vedas, they are accepting. Is it not, cow dung, pure? Cow dung pure, is it not accepted by the followers of Vedas
- Thousands of people for thousands of years, reading Bhagavad-gita, but they do not know Krsna. Is it not a fact? Yes. So because they are not going through the proper channels
- We are Vaisnavas. We are not concerned with male or female position in life. That is simply bodily concept of life. It is not spiritual
- What I am, then you have to study in this way, whether you are this body or you are something else. Is it not? So that is in the beginning of the Bhagavad-gita explained, dehino 'smin yatha dehe kaumaram yauvanam jara
- What is the value of such election, and what is the value of such important men, where the whole system is condemned? Is it not the fact? Everywhere, not only in India. Not that the actual good man is on the head of the ruling power
- When Narada saw that the hunter was trying to save the lives of the ants in this way, he was reminded of a verse from the Skanda Purana: Is it not wonderful that a devotee of the Lord is not inclined to give any sort of pain to anyone, not even to an ant
- When we speak of a king, it means the king's government, king's palace, king's queen, king's sons, secretaries, military strength - everything. Is it not
- When you are diseased it is not required that you should be killed. No. Your disease should be, I mean, cured, then you can work in healthy life