This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► God's Thinking (32 P)
Pages in category "Krsna's Thinking"
The following 135 pages are in this category, out of 135 total.
- A friend once challenged Krsna thus: "My dear Madhava, You are very restless because You think that no one can defeat You. But if You do not flee from here, then I shall show You how I can defeat You. And my friends will be very satisfied to see this"
- According to the service the living entity renders, he automatically receives benedictions from Krsna, who does not make distinctions, thinking, "Here is a person in an intimate relationship with Me, and here is a person I dislike"
- Advaita Acarya considered the meaning of the verse in this way: "Not finding any way to repay the debt He owes to one who offers Him a tulasi leaf and water, Krsna thinks, 'There is no wealth in My possession that is equal to a tulasi leaf and water'
- After hearing of their love for Him, He immediately thought Himself to be always indebted to the residents of Vrndavana. Then Krsna began to pacify Srimati Radharani as follows
- After His appearance, Lord Krsna thought that He had not distributed the transcendental personal dealings with His devotees in dasya, sakhya, vatsalya and madhurya
- After taking supper and thinking of the next day's program, He (Krsna) very peacefully took rest. Thus He passed the night there
- All good fortune to you. I (Krsna) think that you (King Nrga) are not meant to be in this situation. It must be due to the results of your past activities that you were put into the species of lizard life
- All of them then said, 'It is my great fortune, Lord, that You have called me, thinking of me as Your servant. Now let me know what Your order is so that I may carry it on my heads'
- Although Dhruva Maharaja's achievement of an eternal planet was not conceived of by him, Krsna thought, "What will Dhruva do with an exalted position within this material world?"
- Arjuna said: O Janardana, O Kesava, why do You urge me to engage in this ghastly warfare, if You think that intelligence is better than fruitive work? BG 3.1 - 1972
- As the gopis were thinking of Krsna in separation twenty-four hours a day, so Krsna was also always thinking of the gopis, mother Yasoda, Nanda Maharaja and the other residents of Vrndavana
- At first Krsna thought, "Let Me retaliate against this vengeance of Indra by destroying his heavenly kingdom," but later on, when He thought of the insignificance of the King of heaven, Krsna changed His mind and felt merciful toward Indra
- He (Krsna) began to think within Himself about His mission as an incarnation how to tackle the present situation before Him. He thought that since He was not going to conquer the kingdom of Magadha, to kill the King of Magadha, Jarasandha, was useless
- He (Krsna) thought it wise to take precautionary measures for defending against an attack upon Mathura from two strategic points
- He wanted to disappear from the face of the earth after dispatching His excessively numerous family members. He thought to Himself as follows
- Hearing their inquiries, Krsna immediately thought that His devotees in Vrndavana should be informed of the spiritual sky and the Vaikuntha planets therein
- I think we (Krsna and the cowherd boys) should take our lunch here, since we are already hungry because the time is very late. Here (on the riverbank) the calves may drink water and go slowly here and there and eat the grass - SB 10.13.6
- If You (Lord Krsna) think that I (Arjuna) am able to behold Your cosmic form, O my Lord, O master of all mystic power, then kindly show me that unlimited universal Self
- If You think that I am able to behold Your cosmic form, O my Lord, O master of all mystic power, then kindly show me that universal self. BG 11.4 - 1972
- If You think, my dear Krsna, now we are well established, we have got our kingdom back, so everything is nicely done, so You want to leave us, that is not a very good proposal. Because we are not free as yet
- In His original form, the Lord dresses like a cowherd boy and thinks Himself one. When He appears as Vasudeva, the son of Vasudeva and Devaki, His dress and consciousness are those of a ksatriya, a warrior
- In His personal form, Krsna is just like a cowherd boy, and He thinks of Himself in that way. But when He is in the Vasudeva form, He thinks of Himself as the son of a ksatriya and acts as a princely administrator
- In the Brhad-Vamana Purana, the Lord (Krsna) says, "Although I have many fascinating pastimes, whenever I think of the rasa-lila, which I perform with the gopis, I become eager to have it again"
- In the Eleventh Chapter Arjuna requested Krsna that "If you think, You can show me Your universal form," so that in future others will accept some bogus rascal as the Supreme Personality of Godhead, he may test by seeing
- In this connection (Krsna thought of making His own body disappear), Sukadeva Gosvami described how the Lord gave up His body. But this was not the destruction of Krsna's body; rather, it was the disappearance of the Supreme Lord by His personal energy
- Indra said, "He (Krsna) is simply talkative, childish and unaware of the complete cosmic situation, although He is thinking Himself very advanced in knowledge"
- Indra said, "Kindly give me Your blessings so that I may not act so foolishly again. If You think, my Lord (Krsna), that the offense is very great and cannot be excused, then I appeal to You that I am Your eternal servant"
- Kaliya's wives said, "We know that Your (Krsna's) punishment for Your enemies and Your dealings with Your sons are both the same. We know that it is in thinking of the future welfare of this condemned creature that You have chastised him"
- Krsna addressed her, "O tall young woman, who are you? Tell Me, for whom are you carrying this sandalwood pulp in your hand? I think you should offer this sandalwood to Me, and if you do so I am sure you will be fortunate"
- Krsna always tries to please His devotees as much as the devotees try to please Krsna. As the devotees always think of Krsna within their hearts, Krsna also thinks of His devotees within Himself
- Krsna can eat through His eyes, or Krsna can go somewhere simply by thinking. The Absolute is advaita. There is no duality in the Absolute. Everything is one
- Krsna continued to talk with His brahmana friend, "My dear friend, I think you remember our activities during the days when we were living as students. You may remember that once we went to collect fuel from the forest on the order of the guru's wife"
- Krsna continued, "I think Myself completely unfit to be your husband because you (Rukmini) are so beautiful, sober, grave and exalted. May I inquire from you the reason that induced you to accept Me"
- Krsna continued, "I think that your selection of Me was not very intelligent. You appear very intelligent, trained by your father and brother, but ultimately you have made a great mistake in selecting your life's companion"
- Krsna continued, "Indeed, the marriage was sanctioned by both your parents. Sisupala was a great king and was so lusty and mad after your beauty that if he had married you I think he would always have remained with you just like your faithful servant"
- Krsna continued, "My dear honored wife, although I have thousands of wives, I do not think that any one of them can love Me more than you. The practical proof of your extraordinary position is that you had never seen Me before our marriage"
- Krsna continued, "My mind is always absorbed in thoughts of the daughter of Bhismaka, and sometimes I cannot sleep at night because I am thinking of her"
- Krsna continued, "We (Krsna and Balarama) think that to combat persons of equal age and strength is good for Us, but to fight great wrestlers like you would not be good for the audience. It would contradict their religious principles"
- Krsna did not think it wise to kill him (untouchable king) directly with His own hand. Still the king had to be killed, & therefore Krsna decided with fine discretion that He should flee from the battlefield so that the untouchable king would chase Him
- Krsna is generally known to be blackish, but when He is absorbed in the thought of the gopis, who are all of fair complexion, Krsna Himself also becomes fair
- Krsna is so merciful that He always thinks of how to liberate the conditioned souls from the material platform
- Krsna once thought, "At that time My friends, the cowherd boys, were unhappy even to tolerate a two-minute separation from Me. &, when they found Me, there was competition between us as to who would touch the other first with the flowers we had in hand"
- Krsna replied, "Dear King (Yudhisthira), I may inform you that all the great sages, your forefathers, the demigods & your relatives and friends, including Me, desire that you perform this sacrifice, and I think that it will satisfy every living entity"
- Krsna said to Akrura, "I think Myself so fortunate that you have come as My friend and relative. My dear uncle Akrura, please tell Me the purpose of your coming to Vrndavana"
- Krsna said, "Everywhere you (the gopis) go you will find that all these animals are loitering to find their prey. I think, therefore, that you are taking a great risk in coming here in the dead of night. Please turn back immediately, without delay"
- Krsna said, "I think some of them must be great sages, devotees of Your Lordship, and they are disguising themselves in the form of drones because they are unable to give up Your company even for a moment"
- Krsna said, "I think the drones that are buzzing all around You must have been Your devotees in their past lives. They cannot leave Your company because no one can be a better, more affectionate master than You"
- Krsna said, "I think this is a proper arrangement to relieve you of your immediate distress. Be happy along with your animals underneath this great umbrella"
- Krsna said, "My dear friend Uddhava, I think I should now take advantage of all these circumstances and engage Myself in the rasa dance"
- Krsna said, "My dear friends, I think they are glorified in this birth (in Vrndavana) as trees. They are so careful to give shelter to others that they are like noble, highly elevated charitable men who never deny charity to one who approaches them"
- Krsna said, "Therefore I think your mothers, your fathers, your elder brothers and even your sons, and what to speak of your husbands, must be very anxious to find you"
- Krsna takes always the bright side. Putana, although she came to cheat Krsna, but how Krsna will cheat? Krsna thought that "I have sucked her breast, so she is My mother. She should go to the same place where Yasodamayi is going." This is Krsna
- Krsna thought it wise to lead the untouchable king to that cave (where Mucukunda was lying asleep) so that the king's presence would awaken Mucukunda, and he would at once be burnt to ashes
- Krsna thought that "I have sucked her (Putana) breast, so she is My mother. She must go to the same destination as Yasoda Ma." Just see. That is His enmity
- Krsna thought, "Although I am full and complete in every respect, I still don't understand Radharani. Why is that?" This obliged Krsna to accept the propensities of Radharani, and this accounts for His manifestation as Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- Krsna thought, "Brahma has taken away all the boys and calves. How can I alone return to Vrndavana? The mothers will be aggrieved!"
- Krsna thought, "I must now fulfill the words of My great devotee Narada," Then He proceeded through the passage between the two trees. Although He was able to pass through the passage, the large wooden mortar stuck horizontally between the trees
- Krsna thought, "Sudama has not come asking anything from Me; being obliged by the request of his wife, he has come to see Me just to please her."
- Krsna thought, if I inspire a quarrel within the dynasty
- Krsna took the bright side. "This demoniac woman came to kill Me," He thought, "but somehow or other I have sucked her breast milk, so she is My mother." Thus Putana attained the position of Krsna's mother in the spiritual world
- Krsna took the opportunity of their looking at the forest to advise them. "I think you have come out to see the beautiful Vrndavana forest on this night," He said, "but you must now be satisfied. So return to your homes without delay"
- Krsna was once thinking, "Today, while I was engaged in tending the cows in the pasturing ground of Vrndavana, I went to collect some flowers in a beautiful garden"
- Krsna was smiling because He was thinking to Himself - I have delivered two young demigods from the bondage of standing for a long time as trees, but as for Me, I am bound by the ropes of the gopis and am subject to their chastisements
- Krsna was smiling because He was thinking to Himself - These two young demigods fell from the higher planetary system to this planet, and I have delivered them from the bondage of standing for a long time as trees
- Krsna was struck with wonder at how the external energy works so wonderfully. He began to consider how He could kill the demon & at the same time save the boys and calves. Although there was no factual concern on Krsna's part, He was thinking like that
- Krsna's energies can be divided into 3: His energy of thinking feeling & acting. When He exhibits His thinking energy, He is the Supreme Lord; when He exhibits His feeling energy, He is Vasudeva; when He exhibits acting energy, He is Sankarsana Balarama
- Kuntidevi says, - My dear Krsna, if You think that we are well established now that we have our kingdom back, and if You therefore want to leave us, that is not a very good proposal. We are not free yet
- Lord Indra said, "This Krsna is an ordinary human being, is talkative, childish, impudent & ignorant, although He thinks Himself very learned. The cowherd men in Vrndavana have offended me by accepting Him. This has not been greatly appreciated by me"
- Lord Krsna began to think that while He was staying in Hastinapura with Balarama after the killing of Sisupala, Sisupala's men must have attacked Dvaraka. On reaching Dvaraka, Lord Krsna saw that the whole city was greatly endangered
- Lord Krsna enjoys His transcendental pastimes as long as He wishes, and then He disappears. After disappearing, however, He thinks thus
- Lord Krsna said, "If this is so, how can ordinary kings, who falsely think themselves the most powerful beings within the material world, usurp a brahmana's property? I do not think that taking poison is as dangerous as taking a brahmana's property"
- Lord Krsna thought: "All the universe is filled with the conception of My majesty, but love weakened by that sense of majesty does not satisfy Me"
- Lord Krsna thought: "By hearing about the pure love of the residents of Vraja, devotees will worship Me on the path of spontaneous love, abandoning all rituals of religiosity and fruitive activity”
- Lord Krsna thought: "Devotional service rendered to Me by the living beings revives their eternal life. O My dear damsels of Vraja, your affection for Me is your good fortune, for it is the only means by which you have obtained My favor"
- Lord Krsna thought: "I shall taste the essence of all these rasas, and in this way I shall favor all the devotees"
- Lord Krsna thought: "If My beloved consort reproaches Me in a sulky mood, that steals My mind from the reverent hymns of the Vedas"
- Lord Krsna thought: "If one cherishes pure loving devotion to Me, thinking of Me as his son, his friend or his beloved, regarding himself as great and considering Me his equal or inferior, I become subordinate to him"
- Lord Krsna thought: "If one regards Me as the Supreme Lord and himself as a subordinate, I do not become subservient to his love, nor can it control Me"
- Lord Krsna thought: "In whatever transcendental mellow My devotee worships Me, I reciprocate with him. That is My natural behavior"
- Lord Krsna thought: "In whatever way My devotees surrender unto Me, I reward them accordingly. Everyone follows My path in all respects, O son of Prtha"
- Lord Krsna thought: "Mother sometimes binds Me as her son. She nourishes and protects Me, thinking Me utterly helpless"
- Lord Krsna thought: "My friends climb on My shoulders in pure friendship, saying, ‘What kind of big man are You? You and I are equal'"
- Lord Krsna thought: "Neither the gopis nor I shall notice this, for our minds will always be entranced by one another's beauty and qualities"
- Lord Krsna thought: "Pure attachment will unite us (Krsna and the gopis) even at the expense of moral and religious duties (dharma). Destiny will sometimes bring us together and sometimes separate us"
- Lord Krsna thought: "Taking these pure devotees with Me, I shall descend and sport in various wonderful ways, unknown even in Vaikuntha. I shall broadcast such pastimes by which even I am amazed"
- Lord Krsna thought: "The influence of yogamaya will inspire the gopis with the sentiment that I am their paramour"
- Lord Sri Krsna, thus thinking to Himself, established Maharaja Yudhisthira in the position of supreme control of the world in order to show the ideal of administration on the path of piety
- Mother Yasoda told Krsna, "My dear Krsna, do You think that You are a street boy? You have no home? Please come back to Your home! I see that Your body has become very dirty from playing since early morning. Now come home and take Your bath"
- Mucukunda was eager to know the identity of Krsna, and he said - O best of human beings, if You think I am fit to know Your identity, kindly tell me who You are. What is Your parentage? What is Your occupational duty, and what is Your family tradition
- My (Krsna's) dear daughter of the King of Vidarbha (Rukmini), I think you did not consider very sagaciously before your marriage. Thus you made a wrong selection by choosing Me as your husband
- My Lord, kindly explain to us, if You think us competent to receive it, that transcendental knowledge which gives enlightenment about Yourself and which You explained before to Brahmaji
- On that friendly platform there are different kinds of laughing and joking conversations. An example of such a friendly relationship with Krsna is described in the Srimad-Bhagavatam when Krsna was once thinking
- Once Lord Krsna considered within His heart, "One who has a hundred times more qualities than Me could give pleasure to My mind"
- Seeing Balarama smile, Krsna thought that Balarama had understood His mind in observing the breasts of the gopis, and He immediately became bashful
- Some of the cowherd friends of Krsna said, "My dear Krsna, O enemy of the Mura demon, just think of Your personal servant Raktaka"
- Sometimes the Lord thinks of Himself as a cowherd boy, and sometimes He thinks of Himself as the son of Vasudeva, a ksatriya prince, and this "thinking" of Krsna is called His "pastimes"
- Sukadeva Gosvami answered (the inquiry of Maharaja Pariksit about the end of Krsna and the Yadu dynasty) that Krsna, by His own energy, destroyed the entire family and then thought of making His own body disappear
- The demon (Aghasura) was awaiting Krsna's entrance, and he was thinking, "Everyone has entered except Krsna, who has killed my brother and sister"
- The father, of course, never forgets his son. He thinks, "Oh, my son has left. If he would only come back!" Krsna thinks in this way
- The gopis continued, "My dear Uddhava kindly let us know whether Krsna sometimes thinks of us while in the midst of the highly enlightened society girls in Mathura. We know that the women and girls in Mathura are not village women"
- The gopis said, "If You think, however, that Your lotuslike palms might be burned to ashes if placed on our burning breasts, let us assure You (Krsna) that Your palms will feel pleasure instead of pain"
- The great reservoir of pleasure, Lord Sri Krsna, thus thought to Himself, "Mother Yasoda first of all left without feeding Me sufficient milk, and therefore I broke the pot of yogurt and distributed the stock butter in charity to the monkeys"
- The great reservoir of pleasure, Lord Sri Krsna, thus thought to Himself, "Now she has bound Me up to a wooden mortar. So I shall do something more mischievous than before." And thus He thought of pulling down the two very tall arjuna trees"
- The pastimes of Lord Krsna are continuously going on within both this material world and the spiritual world. In such pastimes, the Lord always thinks Himself the eternal son of mother Yasoda and father Nanda Maharaja
- The real purpose of the Lord's pastimes is His free will. He thinks, "Let Me go and see." He doesn't need to come to kill the demons. He has so many agents in the material nature that can kill them
- The spiritual world of the Vaikuntha planets and Krsnaloka, the supreme planet, is situated in His (Krsna's) energy of thinking
- The vayasyas said, "We are very much aggrieved to see You in this position. If You think that Sudama is not able to support Govardhan Hill, then at least You should change hands"
- There is a verse in which the Lord says, "The sadhu is My heart, and I am also the sadhu's heart." The sadhu is always thinking of Krsna, and Krsna is always thinking of the sadhu, His devotee
- They (the gopis) prayed for Krsna to be their husband. He (Krsna) thought that the full-moon night of the sarat season was just suitable for a nice dance. So their desire to have Krsna as their husband would then be fulfilled
- Thinking in this way, Lord Krsna immediately picked up Govardhana Hill with one hand, exactly as a child picks up a mushroom from the ground. Thus He exhibited His transcendental pastime of lifting Govardhana Hill
- Thinking in this way, Lord Krsna was curious to taste that love. His eager desire for that love increasingly blazed in His heart
- Thinking thus, the Personality of Godhead, Sri Krsna Himself, descended at Nadia early in the Age of Kali
- This thinking energy (of Krsna) is described in Brahma-samhita, where it is said: the supreme abode, known as Goloka, is manifested like a lotus flower with hundreds of petals. Everything there is manifested by Ananta, the Balarama or Sankarsana form
- Thus following, I saw my patron and master (Lord Sri Krsna) sitting alone and deeply thinking, taking shelter on the bank of the River Sarasvati although He is the shelter of the goddess of fortune
- When Krsna approached him (the King of Kosala), he offered the Lord a suitable sitting place and articles for reception. Everything appeared very elegant. Krsna also offered him respectful obeisances, thinking him to be His future father-in-law
- When Krsna saw Mother Yasoda coming with a rope to bind Him, He immediately became very much afraid, thinking, "Oh, Mother is going to bind Me." He began to cry, and the tears washed the mascara from His eyes
- When Krsna saw that Putana had come to kill Him, He thought that since this woman was present with motherly affection, although artificial, He had to offer her a benediction. Therefore He looked at her with a little perplexity and then closed eyes again
- When Pralambasura entered their company, Krsna began to think how to kill the demon, but externally He received him as a friend. "O My dear friend," He said, "it is very good that you have come to take part in our pastimes"
- When the onlooker of Krsna's face becomes dissatisfied in this way, he thinks, "Why didn't the creator give me thousands and millions of eyes? Why has he given me only two? Even these two eyes are disturbed by blinking"
- When the spiritual master is in suffering, Krsna saves him. Krsna thinks, - Oh, he has taken so much responsibility for delivering a fallen person
- When the untouchable king seized the city of Mathura, Krsna did not think it wise to kill him directly with His own hand
- While eating, Krsna was thinking, "These boys believe that I have come back within a second, but they do not know that for the last year I have been involved with the mystic activities of Lord Brahma"
- While Lord Krsna was thinking in that way, two beautiful chariots, fully equipped with drivers, weapons, flags and other paraphernalia, arrived for Him from outer space
- While offering her prayers to Krsna, Kunti says, - Krsna, You are thinking that now we are safe, but I don't think we are safe. We are always in danger. If You think we are safe, who will give us protection
- While Sri Krsna was thinking like this, Salva brought before Him in custody a man exactly resembling Vasudeva, His father. These were all creations of the mystic power of Salva
- While trying to satisfy Naradaji, Krsna said, "My dear great sage among the demigods, I think that now everything is well within the three worlds"
- Without His (Krsna's) thinking, feeling and acting, there would be no possibility of creation