Condition of Life
"condition of life"|"conditions of life"|"conditions of material life"|"condition of material life"|"condition of materialistic life"|"conditions of materialistic life"
- VedaBase query:"condition* of life" or "condition* of * life" or "condition* of material life" or "condition* of materialistic life" not "hellish condition* of life"
Subcategories Pages in category
This category has the following 12 subcategories, out of 12 total.
- ► Hellish Condition of Life (1 C, 34 P)
Pages in category "Condition of Life"
The following 220 pages are in this category, out of 220 total.
- A devotee does not want mystic powers or liberation or material prosperity. He is satisfied in any condition of life, as long as he is constantly engaged in the service of the Lord
- A devotee in an adverse condition of life accepts such a condition to be the mercy of the Lord
- A devotee in Krsna consciousness never takes any miserable condition of life to be condemnation by the Supreme Personality of Godhead. He accepts the miserable condition to be the grace of the Lord
- A devotee is naturally so humble and meek that he accepts any condition of life as a blessing from the Lord
- A devotee is neutral in all conditions of life, whether in the heavenly planets or hellish planets, whether liberated from the material world or conditioned by it, and whether blessed with happiness or subjected to distress. These are all merely dualities
- A devotee who offers service in all conditions of life can conquer the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- A hellish civilization artificially increases the conditions of life, and existence becomes intolerable for everyone
- A living being cannot be a nondevotee of the Lord because of his constitutional position, but when one becomes a nondevotee or nonbeliever, it is to be understood that the person concerned is not in a sound condition of life
- A person is liberated by such knowledge, and thus he remembers My exalted position, which is above the conditions of material life. Such a devotee is fully purified by offering prayers in full knowledge. This is the source of devotional service to Me
- A person who is spiritually advanced accepts any adverse condition of life as the mercy of the Lord, and thus he is completely eligible to enter into the spiritual kingdom
- A philosopher accuses an economist of being a cheater, and an economist may accuse a philosopher of being a cheater when he comes in contact with money. In any case, this is the condition of material life
- A pure devotee never asks for any kind of material or spiritual benediction from the Lord; his only prayer is that he may not forget the lotus feet of the Lord (Krsna) in any condition of life
- According to the statement of Maharaja Pariksit, who heard about Krsna from Sukadeva Gosvami, krsna-katha is equally applicable to every human being, whatever condition of life he is in. Surely everyone will appreciate it to the highest magnitude
- According to the Vedas, there are two kinds of activities-pravrtti and nivrtti. Pravrtti activities involve raising oneself from a lower to a higher condition of materialistic life, whereas nivrtti means the cessation of material desire
- According to the Vedic literature, living entities have knowledge, and thus they are called cetana, which means "in knowledge." Their situation in different conditions of life, therefore, is not accidental
- Actually no one has his own plans because everyone is bound by the laws of nature and must act according to his tendency in material, conditional life
- Actually, our living conditions can be minimized as far as possible. Simply we should live for propagating Krishna Consciousness. That is our life
- After all, the soul is pure. When he is in unnatural condition of life, wants to enjoy simply the material senses, he becomes asura. So asura can be turned into devata. There is no hindrance
- Akrura continued, "There is no question of Your being conditioned or liberated. You (Krsna and Balarama) are ever liberated in any condition of life. As stated in the Bhagavad-gita, only fools and rascals consider You an ordinary man"
- Although a prakrta-sahajiya may be very anxious to establish a relationship with Krsna in conjugal love, their conditioned life in the material world is still most abominable
- Although living in our material condition of life, we can get out of the entanglement of material contamination without leaving our positions. Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu advises, therefore, that one does not have to change his position
- Anyone who is living in a very abominable condition of life, maya, by illusion, he is thinking that he is all right, he is living very perfectly. But a person who is on the higher stage, he sees that he is living in a very abominable condition
- Anyone who takes up Krsna consciousness achieves the highest perfection of life, regardless of whatever abominable condition of life he may have fallen into
- As a pure devotee, Maharaja Ambarisa was liberated in any condition of life because, as enunciated by Srila Rupa Gosvami, a devotee is always liberated
- As long as the child is within the womb of his mother, he is in a very precarious and horrible condition of life, but the benefit is that he revives pure consciousness of his relationship with the Supreme Lord and prays for deliverance
- As soon as one begins acting according to his plan, his life of distress immediately begins. Therefore, one should not be ambitious to dissipate the unhappy conditions of life, for one cannot do anything about them
- As soon as there is creation by the Lord's glancing over the material nature, immediately the living entities spring up in their different living conditions, just as different types of vegetation grow after a rainfall
- As stated in the Bhagavad-gita, anyone who reaches the highest planet, the abode of Krsna, or even the Vaikuntha planets, never has to come down again to this miserable material condition of life
- As such, in any condition of life, he remains satisfied simply by remembering the Lord's name in full affection and ecstatic love
- Atma, the spirit soul, is always unchanged (avikalah puman). We are spirit souls, but when carried away by mental activities (manodharma), we suffer from so-called material conditions of life. This generally happens to nondevotees
- Bali said, "My conclusion is that when I have taken shelter of Your (Krsna's) lotus feet I shall never be disturbed in any condition of life"
- Because of constantly engaging in devotional service, in any condition of life, a devotee is free from all material bondage
- Bhagavad-gita (7.27): "O scion of Bharata (Arjuna), O conqueror of the foe, all living entities are born into delusion, overcome by the dualities of desire and hate." This condition of life is called avidya. Opposed to this avidya is real knowledge
- Brahma-jyotir, which is unlimited, unfathomed and all-pervasive, is the cause of the creation of unlimited numbers of planets with varieties of climates and specific conditions of life
- By the deluding power of the external material nature we forget that the material condition of life is the most undesirable perplexity
- Caitanya Mahaprabhu confirms that devotional service to the Lord - the cult of bhagavata-dharma, which is now being spread as the Hare Krsna movement - can be spread in every country, to every person, in any condition of life, and in all circumstances
- Caitanya Mahaprabhu offers the following prayer: My dear Lord, son of Nanda Maharaja, I am Your eternal servant. Somehow or other, I have fallen into this ocean of nescience. Kindly, therefore, save me from this horrible condition of materialistic life
- Citraketu was a great devotee (mahatma). If one hears this history of Citraketu from a pure devotee, the listener also is freed from the conditional life of material existence
- Delivered from the most dangerous conditions of life
- Devotee means very liberal and kind to everyone, always gentleman under all kinds of conditions of life
- Devotees are therefore akincana; in any condition of life a devotee is satisfied. It is said that a devotee is even-minded whether he is in hell or in heaven
- Devotees solely engaged in the devotional service of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Narayana, never fear any condition of life
- Devotees solely engaged in the devotional service of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Narayana, never fear any condition of life. The heavenly planets, liberation and the hellish planets are all the same to a devotee: SB 6.17.28
- Devotees take it for granted, even there is distressed condition of life, they take it that "It is created by God. I am now in distress. It is creation of God. So why shall I hate it? Let me tolerate. Let me undergo this distressed condition of life"
- Diseased condition of life
- Do you think that if you try to become more happy, you will be happy? No. The sastra says that you get miserable condition of life without hankering after this. Nobody hankers after that all miseries may come upon him
- Everyone is thinking that his birthplace and his mother is better than the heaven. That is the psychology. So everyone, however abominable... Everyone is living in abominable condition
- Everyone is trying to live, struggle for existence, but these living conditions are different, according to the body. The body is made according to his destination of happiness and distress by superior authority
- Everyone should live peacefully in healthy condition of life with the purpose of advancing in spiritual consciousness. In this concept we can accept anyone from any part of the world
- Everyone, in any condition of life, should be interested in hearing about Krsna and His activities because He is the Supreme Absolute Truth, the Personality of Godhead
- Having unflinching faith in the Supreme Lord (Krsna) as one's protector, friend and master is the natural condition of eternal life
- He (a devotee) thinks, I would have been punished or put into a more dangerous condition of life due to my past misdeeds, but the Lord has protected me. Thus I have received only a little punishment as token execution of the law of karma
- He (Krsna) has not become angry. Therefore He is described here (in SB 8.3.17) as bhuri-karunaya, unlimitedly merciful in delivering us from this miserable material condition of life and taking us back home, back to Godhead
- He (living entity) creates a condition of life in which he either enjoys or suffers. We should definitely know that both the Lord and the living entities are eternally cognizant
- He (one) will never feel the distresses of the world of duality. In any condition of life one will be happy if he chants the holy name of the Lord
- He (the Lord) likes every part and parcel of His different potencies to take part in the blissful rasa because participation with the Lord in His eternal rasa-lila is the highest living condition, perfect in spiritual bliss and eternal knowledge
- He (the Supreme Lord) does not create a particular situation for any living entity, but the living entity, bewildered by ignorance, desires to be put into certain conditions of life, and thereby his chain of action and reaction begins. BG 1972 purports
- He thinks, "I'm suffering. If I commit suicide, then everything will be stopped." But he does not know that by committing suicide he'll increase another set of varieties of miserable conditions of life. He'll become ghost
- He thus became liberated from conditioned life and became self-situated in transcendental devotional service to the Personality of Godhead, Vasudeva, the omniscient Supersoul within everyone
- I am trying to convince you about the easy process of bhakti-yoga. Anyone, everyone, at any place, any condition of life, he can become a bhakta
- I take shelter of Him only, because He can give me relief from all fear and from Him I have received this condition of life, which is just befitting my impious activities
- If a demigod, demon, human being, Yaksa, Gandharva or anyone within this universe renders service to the lotus feet of Mukunda, who can deliver liberation, he is actually situated in the most auspicious condition of life, exactly like us
- If a karmi performs auspicious acts he is elevated to the heavenly planets, and if he acts impiously he is put into a hellish condition
- If by predestination one is put into a certain condition of life which is not very prosperous in comparison to another's position, one should not be disturbed. He should simply try to utilize his valuable time to advance in Krsna consciousness
- If I am eternal, then why I shall remain in this material body which is subjected to death, birth, old age and disease? Therefore Krsna instructs that this miserable condition of life is due to this material body
- If one wants relief from the miserable condition of material life, one must voluntarily give up his lusty relationship with his wife; otherwise there is no question of self-realization
- If there is such a place, from which, having gone, one does not return to the miserable material condition of life, what is the use of jumping like monkeys in the temporary material world & not seeing or understanding that place? What will be the profit?
- If we can simply convince a good majority of persons then they will automatically want a KC leader. If there are KC leaders in the government they will act as Krsna's representative and will be able to save the world from the disastrous condition of life
- In any condition of life, the materialistic person or animal will be satisfied because his knowledge is covered by the influence of maya
- In Bhakti-rasamrta-sindhu, Srila Rupa Gosvami thus instructs that if one's only desire is service to the Lord, he is liberated in any condition of life
- In materially conditioned life, the soul is different from the gross embodiment and subtle mind. For the Supreme Lord, however, there is never any such difference between Him and His body and mind
- In other words, anyone who is engaged in devotional service is not in the material condition of life, although he may appear so
- In our Krsna consciousness movement we are educating people that "You are always subordinate to Krsna. You surrender unto Him and you be happy. Do not remain in rebellious condition of life. Just surrender to God and you will be happy"
- In spite of the living entities' always being under the control of the Supreme Personality of Godhead in their different positions, spheres and species of life, He is never responsible for their different living conditions
- In the conditioned state of life, the devotees have to execute the prescribed duties as recommended in the codes of devotional service
- In the marriage relationship, monetary transactions are sometimes overpowered by the dangerous conditions of material life. One then becomes diseased or monetarily embarrassed
- In the material condition of life we, the proprietor of the body, we are changing, tatha dehantara-praptih, from one body to another. This is the first knowledge, preliminary knowledge
- In the material world the qualities of the demigods are highly appreciated, just as, even in our experience, the qualities of a gentleman are more highly appreciated than the qualities of a man in ignorance or in a lower condition of life
- In this Age of Kali, people are gradually becoming less than animals. Nevertheless, although they are eating the flesh of cows and are envious of brahminical culture, Sri Caitanya is considering how to deliver them from this horrible condition of life
- In this horrible condition of life there is only one way of liberation - to engage in the activities of transcendental chanting and hearing of the holy name of the Supreme Lord: Hare Krsna
- In this regard (from SB 7.8.34) it is to be understood that a devotee is fortunate in any condition of his life
- In Vedic civilization a man is taught from the beginning of his life to become a brahmacari, then an ideal grhastha, then vanaprastha, then sannyasi, and the wife is taught just to follow the husband strictly in all conditions of life
- It is not that by improving economic condition of life one has become very peaceful. Otherwise why there is war? Why there is struggle? This is... These things cannot be stopped
- It is said (in SB 6.17.28) Devotees solely engaged in the devotional service of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Narayana, never fear any condition of life
- It is the Vedic injunction that whenever there is blasphemy of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, one must immediately leave. If he does not do so, he becomes bereft of his pious activities and is degraded to a lower condition of life
- King Nrga had remained in the well as a big lizard for a very long time. He told Lord Krsna, "In spite of being put into that degraded condition of life, I simply thought of You, my dear Lord, and my memory was never vanquished"
- Krsna said, "You (Krsna's boys and family members) should learn from the example of King Nrga that even if someone unknowingly usurps the property of a brahmana, he is put into a miserable condition of life"
- Krsna said, Having held the impersonal point of view in their past lives, they have been put into this stationary condition of life, but now they have the opportunity of seeing You in Vrndavana
- Kuntidevi said, "You (Vasudeva) did not inquire from me as to how I was passing my days in a distressed condition of life"
- Liberation means freedom from material bondage or nescience. In the material world we are suffering life after life because of our bodily identification, and liberation is freedom from that miserable condition of life
- Living condition means so long the soul is there, it looks like very bright, beautiful, moving here and there. And when the soul leaves this body, then what it is? It has no value, a lump of matter
- Living the conditional life is just like plying a boat in the middle of the ocean. One is completely at the mercy of the ocean, and at every moment there is every chance of being drowned in the ocean by slight agitation
- Lord Krsna said to King Yudhisthira, "My devotee is not deterred by any adverse conditions of life; he always remains firm and steady"
- Lord Siva and his followers in the parampara system try to save people from this dangerous condition of materialistic life (which is like a blazing forest fire). This is the duty of devotees following the principles of Lord Siva
- Lord Siva and his followers in the parampara system try to save people from this dangerous condition of materialistic life. This is the duty of devotees following the principles of Lord Siva and belonging to the Rudra-sampradaya
- Lord Siva does not engage in useless mental speculation, but as stated in the previous verse (SB 4.6.38), he is always thoughtful regarding how to deliver the demons from their fallen condition of life
- Materialistic life is compared to samsara-davanala, a blazing forest fire that automatically takes place. Lord Siva and his followers in the parampara system try to save people from this dangerous condition of materialistic life
- Mature understanding of Krsna consciousness means that whatever condition of life I am in at present, that is Krsna's special mercy upon me, therefore let me take advantage in the best way possible to spread this Krsna consciousness movement
- Mucukunda continued, "My attachment for home, wife and children, for money and supremacy over the world, became more and more acute; in fact, it was limitless. So I remained always attached to thoughts of my material living conditions"
- Mucukunda continued, "This beautiful body may be recognized as a royal body while in the living condition"
- My dear Lord, You are the viewer of the results of pious activities. You are inclination, disinclination and their resultant activities. You are the cause of the miserable conditions of life caused by irreligion, and therefore You are death
- Narada Muni, citing a practical example from his own life, established that by associating with devotees and chanting the Hare Krsna mantra, any man in any condition of life can achieve the highest perfection without a doubt
- Narottama dasa Thakura sings, chadiya vaisnava-seva nistara payeche keba: unless one becomes a servant of a pure devotee, one cannot be delivered from the material condition of life
- O most powerful, insurmountable Lord, who are kind to the fallen souls, I have been put into the association of demons as a result of my activities, and therefore I am very much afraid of my condition of life within this material world
- O sons of the asuras, the living entity receives different types of bodies according to his previous fruitive activities. Thus he is seen to suffer with reference to his particular body in all conditions of life, beginning with his infusion into the womb
- One does not need to be in the renounced order of life; he can remain in his present condition of life, but he must search out the association of a bona fide devotee of the Lord and hear from him the transcendental message
- One may argue that the devotees have desires, for they wish to go home, back to Godhead, but such a desire does not agitate the mind. Although he wishes to go back to Godhead, a devotee is satisfied in any condition of life
- One may be put in any condition, but God gives him the prerogative to chant Hare Krsna. In any condition of life, if one goes on chanting he will never be unhappy
- One must realize that the material condition of life is full of distresses. One can realize this with purified intelligence. When one's intelligence is purified, he can understand that unwanted, temporary, material life is just like a dream
- One of the devotional quality is titiksa, tolerance. That should be learned, how to tolerate in every condition of life
- One should try to keep himself satisfied in any condition of life - whether distress or happiness - which is offered by the supreme will. A person who endures in this way is able to cross over the darkness of nescience very easily
- One who knows the plenary features of the Personality of Godhead knows Godhead properly, and thus the knower becomes freed from the material conditions of birth, death, old age and disease, as it is confirmed in Bhagavad-gita
- Our birthplace, even it is hell, it is better than heaven. That is maya. Just like hog. Hog is living most abominable condition of life, with stools and filthy water, but still, he is thinking he's living in heaven
- Pariksit Maharaja had inquired from Sukadeva Gosvami how one can be saved from falling into the various conditions of hellish life. Sukadeva Gosvami answers that a soul who has surrendered to Krsna certainly cannot go to naraka, hellish existence
- People are embarrassed for improving their economic condition in other countries. Of course, if one is cultured, he is not embarrassed in any condition of life
- Prayers by King Kulasekhara, 1968 - Let me die in the sound condition of my life so that I can think of your lotus feet
- Regardless of one's condition of life, if he practices bhakti-yoga, which begins with hearing (sruti-gatam) the transcendental messages of the Lord through the mouths of devotees, he gradually conquers the unconquerable God
- Renunciation or abnegation for ultimate good is certainly a better occupation than enjoyment in the diseased condition of life
- Sanandana said, "The personified Vedas sing, 'The conditioned souls are struggling very hard to escape from material bondage, and according to their different conditions of life they have been given different types of engagement'"
- Science means that you advance in knowledge so that your miserable condition of life can be reduced, minimized. That is science. Otherwise, what is this science? They are simply promising; "In future." "But what you are delivering just now, sir?"
- Since all living beings are sons of the Supreme Lord, everyone can enjoy the material facilities given by the Lord, but unfortunate living entities create unfavorable conditions of life by fighting among themselves
- Since there are many sages and saintly persons who are residents of the forest, it is the duty of the ksatriya kings to keep even the forest in a peaceful condition for living
- So our Krsna consciousness movement is based on this principle. We do not request anyone to become a sannyasi or give up home and go to Himalaya and practice hatha-yoga. No. Our principle is that in whatever condition you are, you remain there
- Some of the living entities are relatively happy in better conditions of life, whereas others are in distressed conditions of life. But factually, none of them are actually happy in material conditional life
- Somehow or other if a conditioned soul surrenders to such personalities (Krsna, Lord Caitanya or His representatives) and by intimate association with them chances to become Krsna conscious, he is saved from the material conditions of life
- Sometimes we are getting better condition of life, sometimes we are getting lower condition of life. There is no guarantee
- Srila Rupa Gosvami has said that anyone who has dedicated his life to the service of the Lord by his activities, his mind and his words may stay in any condition of life and yet is no longer actually conditioned but is liberated - jivan-muktah sa ucyate
- Such a devotee can understand that all conditions of life, favorable and unfavorable, are created by the supreme will of the Lord
- Such people (who foolishly conclude that there is no supreme cause and that everything is ultimately void) are in a diseased condition of life. BG 1972 purports
- That brahmajyoti (the effulgence of the SPG's transcendental body), which is unlimited, unfathomed and all-pervasive, is the cause of the creation of unlimited numbers of planets with varieties of climates and specific conditions of life - BS 5.40
- That is also illusory because there is no such separation. The gopis were not situated in that illusory condition of life, so even from the philosophical point of view, for them there was no separation
- That is the mood of the devotee, that he is always concerned for the general mass of people, that they should stop their sinful activities and become delivered from the most dangerous conditions of life by taking to this Krishna Consciousness
- That is the Vedic civilization, that one is educated to become introspective. He is educated to become introspective. The brahmanas, just like they are happy in any condition of life. That is our Vedic civilization
- That Maharaja Yayati was immediately liberated from the bondage of conditioned life is certainly astonishing. But the example given herewith (SB 9.19.24) is appropriate
- The basic principle of the living condition is that we have a general propensity to love someone. No one can live without loving someone else
- The Caitanya-caritamrta (CC Madhya 22.54) says: If one desires his real welfare, he must associate with devotees and saintly persons and in this way rectify the material condition of his life
- The change of body is taking place at every moment, but that does not mean that we are improving from the fetal condition of life to a more comfortable condition. The best thing is, therefore, to develop Krsna consciousness
- The conclusion is that one who has attained the gopis' condition of life does not have to take birth as Lord Brahma or be born in a brahmana family or be initiated as a brahmana
- The desire to serve the Lord establishes one as liberated in any condition of life, whether in a spiritual body or a material body
- The example may be given that when a person is angry he does things which are different from his normal condition of life, but the fact that the mood of anger appears and disappears does not mean that the energy of anger is false
- The great sage Narada considered that because the demigods Nalakuvara and Manigriva were so infatuated by false prestige, they should be put into a condition of life devoid of opulence
- The great sage Narada spoke as follows: "In conditioned life, all living entities are within the jurisdiction of the three modes of material nature. As such, they are unable to see Your (Krsna's) presence everywhere with their material eyes"
- The karmis & the devotees are not on the same level. In whatever condition of life the karmi may be, he continues in the cycle of birth & death because the seed of karma, or fruitive activity, is there, & it fructifies whenever there is an opportunity
- The living condition in material existence depends more or less on one's intelligence and powerful living energy
- The living entity in this frightful condition of life, bound by seven layers of material ingredients, prays with folded hands, appealing to the Lord, who has put him in that condition
- The living entity is entrapped by the material body and conditioned in three stages, namely while awake, asleep and unconscious. The mind acts throughout all three conditions of life
- The living entity is eternal, and the wakeful state of his consciousness, manifested by activities, is his natural condition of life. He cannot stop acting while awake, and thus he acts according to his diverse desires
- The living entity receives different types of bodies according to his previous fruitive activities. Thus he is seen to suffer with reference to his particular body in all conditions of life, beginning with his infusion into the womb
- The messenger said, "The material body is awarded to us by the modes of material nature, and on account of this we are full of anxieties. The material condition of life simply involves bearing the burden of this dead body"
- The messenger said, "Under the circumstances, how is it possible that miscreants like Jarasandha can put us into such deplorable conditions of life against Your (Krsna's) authority? We are puzzled at the situation and cannot understand how it is possible"
- The mind acts throughout all three conditions of life; the living entity in his sleeping or dreaming condition sees something as real, and when awake he sees the same thing as unreal
- The mistaken living being, out of forgetfulness of this original condition of life, unnecessarily wastes time trying to become happy in the material world. The whole Vedic process is to remind one of this essential feature of life
- The nondevotees, however, are very careful about preserving their material condition of life
- The path of enjoyment is inferior, and the path of sacrifice for the supreme cause is superior. The material existence of the living being is a diseased condition of actual life
- The personified Vedas continued, "It is due to their own material desires that all living entities enjoy or suffer in different conditions of life. As Your parts and parcels, they are just like the sparks of a fire"
- The process of worshiping the Lord is considered to be very easy and complete, for anyone can sit down anywhere and in any condition of life and simply chant the holy names of the Lord. By chanting and hearing, one automatically engages in meditation
- The pure devotee is never unhappy in any condition of life. This is confirmed in Srimad-Bhagavatam - SB 6.17.28
- The question is that "If I am eternal, why there are so many miserable condition of life? And why I am forced to die?" So this is actually the intelligent question
- The question may be raised as to why the living entities have fallen by chance into different conditions of life
- The six Gosvamis came from greatly rich and aristocratic families, but when they adopted the life of mendicants at Vrndavana, superficially they appeared to be in wretched conditions of life, but factually they were the richest of all in spiritual value
- The so-called civilized man does not take account of this horrible condition of life, and sometimes, for the purpose of sense gratification, he tries to kill the child by methods of contraception or abortion
- The soldiers in this Krsna consciousness movement must always possess physical strength, enthusiasm and sensual power. To keep themselves fit, they must therefore place themselves in a normal condition of life
- The Supreme Lord Sri Krsna cannot be seen by our present conditional vision. In order to see Him, one has to change his present vision by developing a different condition of life full of spontaneous love of Godhead
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead punishes them (envious persons) by keeping them in darkness, birth after birth, and pushing them lower and lower into wretched conditions of hellish life
- The unwanted condition of temporary life is called ignorance
- The Vedic injunctions are there just to give the conditioned souls the chance for sense gratification under regulative principles, and thereby also to give them the chance for promotion to higher conditions of life
- Their (living entities) situation in different conditions of life, therefore, is not accidental. It is by their choice, because they have knowledge
- There is a similar prayer by a brahmana who says, "Let others worship the Vedas and the Upanisads, and let others worship the Mahabharata if they are afraid of material existence and want to become liberated from that condition"
- There is no question of divorce or separation. In any condition of life, happiness or distress, you shall continue as husband and wife, because our main business is Krsna consciousness
- These voidists and impersonalists take to different types of austerities, either to attain the stage of nirvana, which means finishing the material conditions of life, or to attain oneness by merging into the body of the Lord
- They (the hippies) are our best candidates. So you can advertise that "We are not hippies, but we are converting many hippies to the sane condition of life." That's a fact. They are searching after something better, but they have no leader
- This conditional life is due to his forgetfulness of his relationship with the Supreme Personality of Godhead. Therefore, without the Lord's mercy, how can he again engage in the transcendental loving service of the Lord?
- This conditioned life means we accept one type of body, we suffer sufficiently. It is simply suffering. There is no enjoyment. Where is enjoyment? To remain in the womb of the mother for ten months, is that enjoyment? Packed up in airtight bag?
- This devotional attitude is explained in the Bhagavad-gita: a devotee is never distressed in reverse conditions of life, nor is he overjoyed in favorable conditions
- This is our real miserable condition of life. We have to die, we have to take birth again, and again we have to become old, and there will be disease. Between birth and death
- This Krsna consciousness movement is determined to open wide the eyes of the so-called leaders, who are full of ignorance, and thus save them from the many pitfalls and dangerous conditions of life
- This mantra, apavitrah pavitro va sarvavastham, any condition of life, you can simply remember Pundarikaksam, Krsna. As soon as you chant "Krsna," you remember everything
- This world is just like blazing fire. People realize it. And when they do not find any solution, they become frustrated, they become confused, they take to intoxication to forget the blazing condition of life
- Those conditioned souls who have come to this material world should utilize their senses according to the direction of the Vedic literature, otherwise they will be put into a more miserable condition of life
- Those who are always merged in the ocean of the nectar of describing the Lord's pastimes are liberated and have no fear of the material condition of life
- Those who are devotees of the Lord are not afraid of any condition of life, provided there is constant engagement in the service of the Lord. It is said of the narayana-para, or those who are devotees of Narayana, the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- Those who are truly vipascit, learned, are those who have reached the platform of understanding and observing the Supreme Personality of Godhead in any condition of life. premanjana-cchurita-bhakti-vilocanena santah sadaiva hrdayesu vilokayanti - BS 5.38
- We are all eternal servants of the Lord (Krsna), and when we forget this essential part of our nature we are put into material conditions of life
- We are now in material condition of life, therefore we do not understand what is God and what is our aim. Therefore it is called ajnana, ignorance. Therefore one who dissipates this ignorance, he is called guru
- We are teaching people that "Don't bother about your economic condition of life. It will come automatically, what you are destined to obtain. You better utilize your energy how to get out of this condition of life, birth, death, old age and disease"
- We have seen already that we can hardly calculate the wondrous condition of life in Brahmaloka, but the highest condition of life, the mode of goodness, can bring us to this. BG 1972 purports
- We should always feel very much obliged to the Personality of Godhead, for He is always anxious to bring us into the happy condition of eternal life
- We should be always alert to test our advancement, how we are making advancement. Because unless we become first-class devotee, there is no question of our being relieved from this material condition of life. That is not possible
- We should live by the mercy of God and take only those things which are allotted to us according to our particular living condition. In this way, by not encroaching on another's property, one can enjoy life
- Whatever we experience, even in this material condition of life, is but an emanation from Him. The Absolute Truth created the mind, senses and intelligence
- When a devotee is always thus situated in Krsna consciousness in any condition of life, he is described as mukti-pade sa daya-bhak, a perfect candidate for returning home, back to Godhead. The word daya-bhak means "inheritance"
- When actually one becomes intelligent, then the enquiry is: "Why? Why I am put into this miserable condition of life? I do not want this, and it is forced upon me. I do not want to die; death is there. I do not want disease; the disease is there"
- When he has fully surrendered unto the lotus feet of the Supreme Lord, he does not care whether his condition of life is favorable or unfavorable
- When one inquires as to the welfare of a brahmana, the questions should be worded according to his condition of life so as not to disturb him. A peaceful mind is the basis for becoming truthful, clean, equipoised, self-controlled and tolerant
- When one is completely fixed in the service of the Lord, he is a liberated person in any condition of life. He is called jivan-muktah, liberated even within this body
- When one is elevated to the platform of goodness, he is satisfied in any condition of life and is without lust and greed. This mentality indicates one's situation on the platform of goodness
- When there is very, very acute reverse condition of life, one is not disturbed. That is spiritual life. And samah sarvesu bhutesu, at that stage only there is possibility of so-called unity, fraternity, friendship
- Whether one is in the heavenly or hellish planets or is a rich or a poor man's son, material conditions are everywhere. Therefore no condition of life is at all pleasing
- Whether You give me (Bali Maharaja) the opportunity to enjoy all the yogic perfections or You put me into the most abominable condition of hellish life, I shall never be disturbed