This Or That
"this or that"
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "This Or That"
The following 67 pages are in this category, out of 67 total.
- Either you become communist or capitalist or this or that, you have to accept one leader. So take the best, first-class, perfect leader: Krsna. Then you'll be happy
- Everyone is earning money simply for sense gratification. And there are so many advertisement for sense gratification. If you go to the city, you will find all the shops, cinema, hotel and wine shop and this shop or that shop
- Everyone is working, daridra-narayana seva or this community seva, the country seva, nationally seva, this seva, that seva ... Nobody is for Krsna seva. Nobody will be happy, sir. Go on with your so-called seva. It will never be successful
- I am working as American, I am working as family man, I am working as this, that. These are all designations. When I shall work as eternal servant of Krsna, that is real mukti. That is Krsna consciousness
- If he's material conscious, he'll never be happy. If he becomes Krsna conscious, he'll be always happy. Now it is up to you whether to accept this or that
- If I identify myself as an American, as an Indian, or this or that, then I am on the material Plane
- If it is applicable for their satisfaction of senses, they'll do it. They don't care anything. "Oh, I can satisfy my senses by this way. Never mind. Oh, we don't care for God, for sin or hell or this or that. They are all simply allegory." Hedonism
- If one advocates the Hindu religion, the Muslim religion, the Christian religion, this religion or that religion, there will be conflicts. History shows that the followers of religious systems without a clear conception of God have fought with one another
- If we are not serious about understanding the science of Krsna, if you take some opportunity to become this, to become that, and make some money, and this and that, then the whole thing is finished. For opportunists there is no Krsna consciousness
- If you chant daily 16 rounds and read at least one hour daily Srimad-Bhagavatam, plus your other prescribed duties, never mind this or that, you will feel yourself becoming happy more and more
- If you want material necessities, then you have got so many dharmas - this dharma, that dharma, social dharma, family dharma, national dharma, community dharma, and so on, so on. But Krsna demands, sarva-dharman parityajya
- Impersonalists sometimes show their incomplete knowledge by addressing the Lord as being nameless. They always offer prayers indirectly, saying, "You are this, You are that," but they do not know to whom they are praying
- In Bhagavad-gita, Krsna never says, "Do this or that, and I will then maintain you." Rather, He states that not only will He maintain us, but He will also protect us from the results of sin, from sinful karma (BG 18.66). All of this assurance is there
- In this way (sometimes going here and sometimes there and sometimes doing this or that) the living entity wanders throughout the entire universe, imprisoned in various species and thus engaging in various activities for which he must suffer the reactions
- It is better undoubtedly to have a full magazine as our English BTG, but if you have no time, or you are doing this or that, then do not neglect it completely - it is better to publish and distribute a one page BTG issue than no issue at all each month
- Krsna is so kind, any service you do, still you are accepted. Either you take this service or that service, still you are accepted
- Krsna says that "I am the Supreme." We accept it. That is hearing. And if you interpret, "Oh, Krsna means this, Kuruksetra means this," that mean you're spoiling your time. Why this, that? As it is, hear as it is
- Krsna says that if one simply puts philosophical theories for some utopian ideas, "Now time is coming which will be like this, like that." No. Time is there already. You cannot manufacture time like this or like that. It will go on
- Krsna says, "Don't waste your time attempting to go to this planet or to that planet. What will you gain? Your material miseries will follow you wherever you go."
- Krsna says, don't try to waste your time to elevate yourself or to transfer yourself from this planet to that planet. That is natural instinct. Especially I see in your country that people are so restless, they cannot stay in one place
- One has eaten sumptuously at home but as soon as he comes out, "Let us go to the restaurant, let us have a cup of tea, a little this or that." The tongue is always dictating. "You eat this, you eat that, you eat that, you like that." That is going on
- One has to understand that in the material world of duality, to think that this is good or that this is bad is simply a mental concoction. One should not imitate this consciousness; one should actually be situated on the spiritual platform of neutrality
- Our education should be based on that "I am not this body." Aham brahmasmi. That is Caitanya Mahaprabhu's movement. Caitanya Mahaprabhu declared that "I am not a brahmana, I am not a ksatriya, I am not a grhastha, I am not this or that"
- Our problem of human life is to get out of these material clutches and transfer ourselves to the spiritual world. That is real problem. Not this food problem, that problem. This will go on. So long you are in the material world, such problems will come
- Sadaisvarya-purna. Bhagavan, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, is always full in all potencies, regardless of whether He is present in this form or that. His potencies are always full
- So long you'll get this material body, you have to suffer. It is meant for suffering. As soon as you get this material body, this body or that body, you have to suffer
- Some of us are thinking that "I am American," some are thinking "We are Indian," some are thinking "German," or this or that - "I am Hindu," "I am Muslim," "I am Christian," "I am white," "I am black." In so many ways our consciousness is polluted
- Sometimes mother Yasoda and her gopi friends would tell Krsna, "Bring this article" or "Bring that article" - SB 10.11.8
- Sometimes unscrupulous persons designate a living entity as daridra-narayana, svami-narayana, this Narayana or that Narayana
- The devotional service is so nice, if you simply take to devotional service, then all good qualities will come. You don't have to educate him, to send some reformatory school or this or that
- The energy should be utilized how to please Krsna. That should be done. Energy should be utilized for that purpose, not waste energy simply for a false hope that - I shall become happy. I shall do this. I shall do that. I shall make money like this
- The material scientists are fond of always improving this or that, but factually we see there is no real improvement
- The mind is always telling us to do this or that; therefore we should be very expert in disobeying the mind's orders. Gradually the mind should be trained to obey the orders of the soul. It is not that one should obey the orders of the mind
- The present society is just like animals. They have no faith, what to speak of this faith or that faith. That is the position. They are simply after sense enjoyment
- There are many philosophers who propound a concept of the Absolute Truth in which God cannot do this or that. They deny the incarnation of God, or the Supreme Absolute Truth in human form
- There is no question that I am lower, I am uneducated, I am born of this family or that family, or I am black or white or this or that. There is no question of disqualification. In whatever position you are, you can render service to Krsna
- There is no secrecy. There is no so-called bluff or mystical, this or that. It is simple truth. God is teaching that, You simply surrender unto Me
- These false identifications (my body, my house, my family, my society, my nation) are due to the expansions of the false ego. Thus one thinks that he is this or that. Thus the living entity becomes entangled in material existence
- This is the statement of Brahma, that one should give up the nonsense process of mental speculation, "God may be like this; God may be like that." No. God is not manufactured by your mental speculation
- This planet or another planet, everything will be finished. Why then are we wasting our time trying to go to a planet where everything will be finished? We should try to go to Krsnaloka. This is spiritual science
- Those who are rejecting, they are jnanis. And those who are karmis, they want more material enjoyment, more money, more money, more assets. The two classes of men. But a devotee is neither this class or that class
- Unless he changes mentality, there is no question of changing capitalist or communist or this or that. It is all useless
- Upadhi means designation. So somebody, if gives me title, Sir Anatole, or this or that, oh, I become very happy: "Oh, I have got this 'sir' title." But I forget that this is my designation. It will exist so long I have got this body
- We are making so many plans to live happily, but there cannot be any happiness in this material world, however we may try to make a permanent settlement in this life or that
- We are simply under the false impression that we are this or that, and this leads us to the ultimate false impression that we are God. Yet we do not consider what manner of God we are. A small bodily disorder will send us to the physician
- We do not care for Moslem, Christian, this or that. We see everyone as part and parcel of Krsna, and as such they should re-establish their loving relationship with Krsna
- What is the subject matter? The subject matter is Krsna. We are not hearing here any market report. What is the price of this, what is the price of this share or that share. No. We are hearing about Krsna
- What is the use of changing party? Because this party or that party, they are not surrendered to Krsna. So unless you come to the point of surrendering to Krsna, there cannot be any peace. Simply by changing from frying pan to the fire will not save you
- What is there in the sex literature? There is no new information; the same sex life, that's all. Sometimes half-naked, sometimes naked, sometimes this, sometimes that, but the central place is sex
- When you come again, awakening stage in the morning after getting up from the bed, I forget all the bodies I created in my dream. So which one is correct? This is correct? This body's correct, or that body's correct?
- Whether one enjoys this or that happiness or suffers this or that distress, both distress and happiness are due to the material body
- You are not forbidden to do this thing or that thing, but you have to see only whether by your action the Supreme Lord is satisfied. That's all. That much knowledge you must have. Then your life will be successful
- You are surrendering to this boy or that boy, hearing. This is correct or that is correct. But you do not know what is correct. So under the circumstances, you surrender to Krsna; you'll get the correct answer
- You don't require any education for this karma. They are making big, big plans to educate people how to work hard. This is waste of time. Educational institution should be for teaching people how to become Krsna conscious, not to become this or that
- You might have discovered - you are great scientist - that under this law, the law of gravitation or this law, that law, so many laws there are. But the background you have to inquire, "Who is the law-maker?"