"Radhakunda" | "Radha-kunda"
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Pages in category "Radha-kunda"
The following 55 pages are in this category, out of 55 total.
- After Lord Caitanya's disappearance Raghunatha Dasa Gosvami went to Vrndavana to associate with the other Gosvamis, and he remained mostly at Radha-kunda. His tomb is there still in Radha-kunda
- Although there was very little water, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was omniscient and could understand that formerly these two ponds were called Sri Radha-kunda and Syama-kunda. In this way Radha-kunda and Syama-kunda were discovered
- Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati once gave a class on the Upanisads at Radha-kunda
- Bhaktivinoda Thakura writes in this connection that Sri Radha-kunda is the most select place for those interested in advancing their devotional service in the wake of the lady friends (sakhis) and confidential serving maids (manjaris) of Radharani
- Finally He (Caitanya) found the holy spot, and there was a small pond there. He took His bath in that small pond and told His devotees that the actual Radha-kunda was situated there
- Following His (Caitnay's) directions, Srila Rupa Gosvami and Sanatana Gosvami renovated Radha-kunda. This is one of the brilliant examples of how the Gosvamis excavated lost places of pilgrimage
- From Radha-kunda, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu went to Sumanas Lake. When He saw Govardhana Hill from there, He was overwhelmed with joy
- In my last meeting with Prabhupada in Radha Kunda he advised me to print some books if I get money. I took it very seriously and by His grace we have now published my translations of Bhagavad-gita, Srimad-Bhagavatam, etc
- In the Padma Purana it is stated that just as Radharani is dear to Krsna, similarly the kunda known as Radhakunda is also very dear to Him. Radharani is the only gopi who is dearer to Krsna than all the other gopis
- In this connection Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura writes that even great sages and great devotees like Narada and Sanaka do not get an opportunity to come to Radha-kunda to take their baths
- Indeed, those who execute devotional service on the banks of Radha-kunda are the most fortunate people in the universe
- It (living on the banks of Radha-kunda) is a difficult position to attain, even for great sages and devotees like Narada. Thus there is no limit to the glory of Sri Radha-kunda
- It is also recommended that one should live on the banks of Radha-kunda and should be absorbed in the loving service of the Lord
- It is stated that when Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu first visited the area of Vrajabhumi, He could not at first find the location of Radha-kunda. This means that Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was actually searching for the exact location of Radha-kunda
- Later the pond was excavated by Lord Caitanya's devotees, headed first by the six Gosvamis, such as Rupa and Raghunatha dasa. Presently there is a large lake known as Radha-kunda there
- Living entities who are eager to return home to the transcendental kingdom of God, Goloka Vrndavana, by means of attaining their spiritual bodies (siddha-deha) should live at Radha-kunda
- O my beloved friend Vrnda, where are you coming from? "I am coming from the feet of Sri Hari." "Where is He?" "In the forest on the bank of Radha-kunda." "What is He doing there?" "He is learning dancing." "Who is His master?"
- Of all the gopis, Radharani is the dearmost. Similarly, the lake known as Radha-kunda is very dear to the Lord because it is very dear to Srimati Radharani
- Of the many objects of favored delight and of all the lovable damsels of Vrajabhumi, Srimati Radharani is certainly the most treasured object of Krsna's love. And, in every respect, Her divine kunda is described by great sages as similarly dear to Him
- Radha-kunda is mainly worshiped by the Gaudiya Vaisnavas, the followers of Lord Sri Krsna Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- Radha-kunda is very rarely attained, even by great personalities fully engaged in devotional service, not to speak of ordinary devotees who are only engaged in the practice of vaidhi bhakti
- Raghunatha Bhatta Gosvami lived by Radha-kunda in a small cottage. In the Gaura-ganoddesa-dipika (185) it is said that Raghunatha Bhatta Gosvami was formerly the gopi named Raga-manjari
- Raghunatha dasa Gosvami compiled three books, named Stava-mala (or Stavavali), Dana-carita and Mukta-carita. He lived a long time, residing for most of his life at Radha-kunda
- Raghunatha dasa Gosvami showed how to live in Radha-kunda
- Raghunatha dasa Gosvami was offering obeisances flat hundred times and taking bath three times. Raghunatha dasa Gosvami, those who have gone to Radha-Kunda, you have seen, the extreme tapasya. He was very rich man's son
- Raghunatha dasa Gosvami was offering obeisances round the Radha-kunda, whole, that "So many times I shall fall down." He was falling down
- Rupa Gosvami and Sanatana Gosvami renovated Radha-kunda
- Sanatana Gosvami was enjoined (1) to broadcast the revealed scriptures on devotional service and establish the conclusions of devotional service, (2) to reestablish lost places of pilgrimage like Vrndavana and Radha-kunda
- Sometime in the year 1935 when His Divine Grace was staying at Radha-kunda, I went to see him from Bombay. At that time, he gave me many important instructions in regard to constructing temples and publishing books
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu asked the local people, "Where is Radha-kunda?" No one could inform Him, and the brahmana accompanying Him did not know either
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu could understand that the holy places known as Radha-kunda and Syama-kunda were at that time lost to everyone’s vision. He therefore discovered Radha-kunda and Syama-kunda, which were two reservoirs of water in two paddy fields
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu then marked His body with tilaka made from the mud of Radha-kunda, and with the help of Balabhadra Bhattacarya, He collected some of the mud and took it with Him
- Sri Raghunatha dasa Gosvami took three baths daily in the Radha-kunda lake. As soon as he found a Vaisnava residing in Vrndavana, he would embrace him and give him all respect
- Srila Rupa Gosvami has given much stress to Radha-kunda because of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's desire to find it. Who, then, would give up Radha-kunda and try to reside elsewhere? No person with transcendental intelligence would do so
- Srila Rupa Gosvami recommends that even if one cannot live permanently on the banks of Radha-kunda, he should at least take a bath in the lake as many times as possible
- The attraction of Radha-kunda is as sweet as that of Srimati Radharani. Similarly, the glories of the kunda (lake) are as great as Srimati Radharani's
- The conclusion is that to live on the banks of the Radha-kunda and to bathe there daily constitute the highest perfection of devotional service
- The Lord then understood that the holy place called Radha-kunda was no longer visible. However, being the omniscient S P of God, He discovered Radha-kunda and Syama-kunda in two paddy fields. There was only a little water, but He took His bath there
- The place where Raghunatha dasa Gosvami performed his devotional service still exists by Radha-kunda. He almost completely gave up eating, and therefore he was very skinny and of weak health. His only concern was to chant the holy name of the Lord
- The spot where we now find Sri Radha-kunda was an agricultural field during the time of Caitanya Mahaprabhu. A small reservoir of water was there, and Sri Caitanya bathed in that water and pointed out that originally Radha-kunda existed in that location
- This is the most exalted method (live at Radha-kunda, and take shelter of the confidential serving maids of Sri Radha) for those engaged in devotional service under the protection of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- We are printing all these books for understanding properly. Not that "Here is Radha-kunda. Let us go." Jump over like monkey. "Here is rasa-lila"
- When the people of the village saw Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu taking His bath in those two ponds in the middle of the paddy fields, they were very much astonished. The Lord then offered His prayers to Sri Radha-kunda
- Where is that intelligent person who is unwilling to serve this divine Radha-kunda, which is situated at the foot of Govardhana Hill?
- While there (in Arista-grama), He (Lord Caitanya) inquired about Radha-kunda, but no one could tell Him where it was. The brahmana accompanying Him could also not ascertain its whereabouts
- Who, then, will not reside at Radha-kunda and, in a spiritual body surcharged with ecstatic devotional feelings, render loving service to the divine couple Sri Sri Radha-Govinda, who perform Their astakaliya-lila, Their eternal eightfold daily pastimes