If You Do Not
"if you do not"|"if you don't"
Pages in category "If You Do Not"
The following 91 pages are in this category, out of 91 total.
- Even if you do not want, you cannot, I mean to say, combat all these, I mean to say, attacks of the material nature. That is the way of material nature. Therefore self-realization is the opportunity of this human form of life
- Everyone goes to God to beg, "God, give us our daily bread." But one must go to God to give Him. If I do not give bread to Krsna, he will be starving. This is devotee's mentality
- Everything is possible, provided you people take our instruction. Otherwise, there is no other remedy. What can be done? The remedy's there. The medicine is also there. But if you don't take the medicine, how the disease will be cured?
- I have already explained what is meaning of religion. Religion means to render service to God. If you do not render service to God, that is not religion; that is cheating
- I must have now the Permanent visa otherwise I cannot go to Montreal and work will suffer very much if I do not go to Montreal by the next month. Kindly let me know what you have done in this connection and I shall wait your letter with interest
- I tell you as a sincere friend that you must immediately retire from active politics if you do not desire to die an inglorious death. You have 125 years to live as you have desired to live but you if you die an inglorious death it is no worth
- If I don't find any suitable person lovable, then I turn my love to some hobby, to some animal, like that, because the love is there. So this is dormant. Our love for Krsna is dormant
- If you (Arjuna) do not act according to My (Krsna) direction and do not fight, then you will be falsely directed. By your nature, you will have to be engaged in warfare
- If you are actually serious about Krsna, then Krsna will send you some of His representative and he will take charge of you. That is the process. If you do not find a guru, that means Krsna is not yet pleased, either you are not serious
- If you are receiving from me so many things and if you do not at least acknowledge your gratitude, then you are a thief
- If you can adjust things, you can utilize things, then everything will be useful. And if you do not know how to utilize things, then everything will be useless. Take instruction from Bhagavad-gita and make everything useful
- If you cannot say who is your father and mother, if you do not know, this forgetfulness, this is called maya. Actually it should not happen, but somehow or other, if you are asked, "Who is your parents?" You cannot say. This is called maya
- If you do not accept God in the center as the Supreme Proprietor and the Supreme Enjoyer and the Supreme Friend, then there is no peace. This is the problem
- If you do not accept in the beginning that Krsna is the Supreme Lord, then try to understand this gradually. That is education. You can begin by accepting that there is somebody who is supreme
- If you do not act according to My direction and do not fight, then you will be falsely directed. By your nature, you will have to be engaged in warfare. BG 18.59 - 1972
- If you do not agree with Krsna's desire, if you want to enjoy your own desire, then also, Krsna is also pleased, He will supply you the necessities. But that is not very good. We should agree to Krsna's desires
- If you do not allow to touch the water, the ground, you take it in the middle, you will find crystal, distilled water. You will find. And as soon as it comes down on the ground, it becomes muddy, the purity lost
- If you do not be satisfied by the natural comforts offered by God, or nature, if you want to create artificial comfort, then you have to create another discomfort for counteracting. They do not know that
- If you do not develop your godly qualities, then there is no question of liberation. It is not a fashion, that you do anything nonsense and simply take as Vedanta and talk while smoking, and you become liberated. It is not so easy.
- If you do not know God then what is the meaning of your religion? And if you do not surrender to God, if you surrender to your senses only, then what is religion?
- If you do not know the things as it is, how you can say, "It is not this"? If you know the positive, then you can say the negative
- If you do not know what is God, then what is the use of this rocket? Just like they are going to the rocket planet, moon planet. Now the American government stopped announcing this rascaldom. You know that? Yes
- If you do not know where the train is going, then what is the use of asking, understanding, whether it is going fast or slow? You do not know your destination. What is liberation? I am asking. You daily ask me. I am asking you
- If you do not know who is Bhagavan, if you do not know who is Hari, if you do not know who is Isvara, then what you will hear about Him? That is the problem
- If you do not know, then why do you take the post of teacher? This is our proposition
- If you do not like your daughter being in Paris with the devotees, you can call her back. I have no objection. But, our mission is that everyone should be given the chance to become Krsna conscious
- If you do not practice from the very beginning, it is not possible. Ante narayana-smrtih. It is said that the greatest success of life is at the time of (death) remembering Narayana
- If you do not understand Krsna, if you do not surrender to Krsna, then you are simply wasting your time. There is no meaning of writing big, big comments on Bhagavad-gita, uselessly waste you time and waste others' time
- If you do not work for pleasing Krsna, then that work will entangle you in the cycle of birth and death
- If you do on your account, there will be reaction. Either you do good work or bad work, there will be reaction. If you do good work, you'll get good result, and if you do bad work, you will get bad result. That's all right
- If you don't accept spiritual master, how you'll get transcen... You'll be taught here and there, here and there, and waste time. Waste time for the teacher and waste your valuable time. Therefore you have to be guided by an expert spiritual master
- If you don't become servant of Krsna, then you have to become servant of the dog. This is nature's way. Therefore intelligent person will take lesson from it
- If you don't believe, then do anything you like. But from sastra we can understand the laws of nature, or God, is very, very strict, very, very strict
- If you don't bow down to Krsna and His representative, then you will be forced to bow down something else, maya. That is your position. You cannot be free at any moment. But you'll feel... Just like a child
- If you don't cure a disease, it can put you into trouble in so many ways. Similarly. if you don't purify your existence, then you will have to transmigrate from one body to another
- If you don't decide (what you are going to become next life), then the material nature will decide
- If you don't get something positive, simply by negative process you will never be happy. Then again you will fall down
- If you don't like to chant Krsna you chant in your own way. Chant the name of God. If you know the name of God chant it. If you do not know then take it from me
- If you don't make Krsna the center, never mind the varieties of qualities are there... That will continue. It is everywhere, the varieties will be there. But if Krsna is the center, the varieties will be very nice bouquet, bunch of flower
- If you don't receive the mantra through the proper channel, it may not be mantra
- If you don't surrender to Krsna, then whatever you are doing, that is adharma, means nonreligious
- If you don't think that there is no life after death, that is foolishness. There is life after death
- If you don't want to be confused, if you don't want to be frustrated, then try to love Krsna, and you'll feel yourself how you are making progress in peacefulness, in happiness, in everything that you want
- If you have no clear conception of God, if you do not know who God is, there is no question of accepting His order
- If you want to drive it as a superior master driver, then the car will give you good service, but if you do not know how to drive, then the car will play disaster. Your life will be risky
- If you want to work, well, work day and night, but you work for Krsna. That is Krsna consciousness. If you don't work, if you are simply eating, if your father has got money and you are eating, oh, eat for Krsna
- If, after executing your duties very properly, if you do not develop your consciousness to know about yourself or the Supreme Self, then whatever you have done, it is simply waste of time. That's all
- It is not that if you do not come in that dress in our temple you will not understand our philosophy. That is not... We don't mean that. But it is convenient. But anyone who does not want to change this dress, that does not matter. We don't insist
- Krsna and maya; light and shadow. If you don't serve Krsna, then you have to serve maya. And those who are serving maya in the name of Krsna, they are called Mayavadi
- Krsna says, "I shall give you protection from all the resultant action of your sinful life." That is fate changed. If you don't surrender to Krsna, then you have to suffer or enjoy the actions of your fruitive activities
- Krsna, when He was present personally, He played on His flute. The gopis saw and the cowherds boys saw five thousand years ago. And the acaryas took information. Even if you don't believe in the history, then come to sastra
- Moksa is also not our ultimate goal of life. Moksa means to get relief from the material bondage. But if you do not get engagement of spiritual life, then moksa is also cheating because you'll fall down again
- My father used to say, "If you do not allow the servants to steal, so don't keep." Don't keep servants. "A servant who does not steal, he is not a gentleman. He must steal"
- Rebuking the demigods, Vrtrasura challenged, "O demigods, if you are actually heroes, stand before me now and try to show your prowess. If you do not wish to fight, if you are afraid of losing your lives"
- Religion means, according to Vedic sastra, dharmam tu saksad bhagavat-pranitam(SB 6.3.19): "Religion means the law given by God." It is very simple. But if you do not know what is God, and if you do not know what law He has given, then where is religion?
- Sattva means existence. So if you don't purify your existence, then you will have to change your body. From this body to that. Sometimes it may be higher, sometimes lower
- Sinful activities means that you promised, "I shall follow the regulative principles." If you do not follow, that is sinful. That is the promise. Very simple. You break the promise and do nasty things; therefore you are sinful
- Sisya says, "My dear guru, if I do not eat meat and fish, my health will fail." "All right, I order you. Under my order you can do that." This kind of compromise from guru is not there. That is not guru
- Superficially, it appeared that Prahlada Maharaja did wrong because his father was killed before him. Suppose if your father is killed before you and if you stand only, if you don't speak any protest to protect the father, who will agree with you?
- That much intelligence, we must have that intelligence, that who is master. Suppose if you want gold, if you do not know where gold can be purchased, then he is cheated
- The Nawab told Sanatana Gosvami: I was free to act in other matters because I was depending on you, but if you do not join me, your past devotion will be spoiled. Now, what is your intention? Please tell me
- The workers, laborers, he (the Christian priest) was preaching amongst them that "Lord Jesus Christ will save you. If you don't take shelter of Lord Jesus Christ, then you'll go to hell"
- There are so many facilities for perfection of life. Simply by accepting Krsna, mam ekam saranam vraja. If you do not do that, then you are a mudha, rascal
- Ultimately after undergoing severe austerities and penances, if you do not know what is Krsna, then what is the use? It is useless
- Unless we take Krsna's association there will be no ananda; it is simply zero. In the zero platform you cannot remain for many years or many days. Then you'll fall down. If you don't get, if you don't increase your affection for Krsna
- Unless you understand from where the order is coming, how the order-giver is speaking, if you do not know the science, how you can talk with Krsna and receive His order?
- We are not advocating meat eating. You do not understand. We are saying that even if you don't eat meat, you cannot decry the arrangement in the Vedas
- We are running so fast for going to hell. This is our position, because we do not know what is the destination. If I do not know what is the destination and try to drive my car in full speed, then what will be the result? The result will be disaster
- We must belong to one these sampradayas. Sampradaya-vihina ye mantras te nisphala matah: if you do not belong to a bona fide sampradaya, originating from a mahajana, then your religious process is useless. You cannot concoct some religious system
- What is his religion? If you do not know what is God, a vague idea, that is not religion. You must know what is God. Just like to become American citizen, it requires to know something of the history of America
- What is the difficulty? Dharma-ksetra kuru-ksetra, is that a very difficult Sanskrit? Now, there is no question. Even in... If you do not understand Sanskrit, what is the difficulty to understand dharma-ksetra?
- What is the use of studying Vedas if you do not understand Krsna? Because the ultimate goal of education means to understand the Supreme Lord, the supreme father, the supreme cause
- Whatever you do for Krsna, it will have no reaction. Digest everything. And if you do not do for Krsna, then it will take time to digest
- When there is a red light, if you do not stop you'll be punished. But if a cat or dog transgresses - "Never mind the red light; I shall go" - he's not punished
- Without God, what is life? Without... If you do not follow the codes or the rules or the laws given by God, then what is your religion? That is not religion
- You are doing your duty very nice. That's all right. But by doing your duty, if you do not develop your Krsna consciousness, then you are simply wasting your time
- You cannot control maya. That is not possible, because you are servant. If you don't become servant of Krsna, you must become servant of maya
- You do not understand what is tattva, what is Brahman, what is Paramatma, what is God, if you do not become cleansed, if you do not become a devotee, as they are stated, if you have no acarya, you have no guru, then you are in darkness
- You go to your office, you dress in some way, similarly, this is a particular type of dress. It is sanctioned by our predecessors. We adopt. So if you don't accept this dress, that does not mean you cannot be in Krsna consciousness
- You have got freedom. You may serve the Lord, you may not serve. That is your freedom. But if you serve the Lord, then you become happy. If you do not serve the Lord, then you become unhappy
- You have to perform yajna. If you don't perform yajna, then there will be no sunshine. Therefore, in the Western countries, there is very difficult to get sunshine. This is the natural sequence
- You understand what is the meaning of Bhagavata, this word, Bhagavata? You understand? These are the common questions. If you do not understand this common question then how you can instruct others?