fortunates | fortunate
- VedaBase query: fortunates or fortunate not "very fortunate" not "very very fortunate" not "very much fortunate"
Subcategories Pages in category
This category has the following 16 subcategories, out of 16 total.
- ► Auspicious (24 C, 496 P)
- ► Caitanya Gives Good Fortune (10 P)
- ► Devotees of God Are Always Fortunate (2 P)
- ► Krsna Gives Good Fortune (1 C, 45 P)
- ► Most Fortunate (1 C, 52 P)
- ► Unfortunate (15 C, 219 P)
- ► Very Fortunate (1 C, 82 P)
Pages in category "Fortunate"
The following 288 pages are in this category, out of 288 total.
- Fortunate (BG)
- Fortunate (CC)
- Fortunate (Conversations 1967 - 1975)
- Fortunate (Conversations 1976 - 1977)
- Fortunate (Lectures, BG)
- Fortunate (Lectures, Other)
- Fortunate (Lectures, SB)
- Fortunate (Letters)
- Fortunate (Other Books)
- Fortunate (SB cantos 1 - 3)
- Fortunate (SB cantos 4 - 6)
- Fortunate (SB cantos 7 - 12)
- A brahmana may be extremely fortunate in having achieved brahma jnana, but the Pandavas were so exalted that the Parabrahman, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, was living in their house like an ordinary human being
- A devotee in advanced ecstatic love exclaims, 'O my Lord Ramacandra! O my Lord Ramacandra!' But the yavanas also chant, 'ha rama, ha rama!' Just see their good fortune
- A fortunate child in the womb of his mother prayed to Krsna as follows: "O enemy of Kamsa, I am suffering so much because of this material body. Now I am trapped within a mess of blood, urine and liquid stool, within the womb of my mother"
- A similar punishment was awarded to mother Sacidevi. Who could be more fortunate than she to receive such punishment?
- A woman whose children have died after birth can get a child with a long duration of life and also become very fortunate in possessing wealth. If a woman is unfortunate she will become fortunate, and if ugly she will become beautiful
- After receiving orders from the Lord for the rendering of service, the fortunate Satyaraja and Ramananda Vasu were highly pleased
- Akrura thought, "I am so fortunate that I will be able to see those very lotus feet on this day, and certainly I shall be able to see the beautiful face of Krsna, which is marked on the forehead and the nose with tilaka"
- Alas! How fortunate this woman is! I pray at her feet that she favor Me with her great eagerness to see Lord Jagannatha
- Although the Pandavas, because of the influence of Krsna's yogamaya, could not think of their fortunate position, every saintly person, including the great sage Narada, could understand it, and therefore they constantly visited Maharaja Yudhisthira
- Another gopi began to praise the unique position of Govardhana Hill in this way: "How fortunate is this Govardhana Hill, for it is enjoying the association of Lord Krsna and Balarama, who are accustomed to walking on it"
- Another lady in the assembly addressed her friend, "Dear friend, just imagine how fortunate is the land of Vrndavana, where the S P of God Himself is present, always decorated with flower garlands engaged in tending cows along with His brother, Balarama"
- Arcana-paddhati, daily worship of the Deity, provides an opportunity to touch the body of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, and thus it enables one to be fortunate enough to get a spiritual body and go back to Godhead
- Arjuna is hearing from Krsna, and Krsna is speaking to Arjuna directly. How fortunate is Arjuna, that he is directly hearing from Krsna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- Artificial realization of Brahman becomes hackneyed, and so to relish real pleasure they turn to the narrations of the Srimad-Bhagavatam. Those who are not so fortunate turn to altruism and worldly philanthropy
- As explained by Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu: The living entity wanders into many species of life, but he is fortunate when he once again meets his friend (Krsna), either in person or through His representative
- As far as knowing Krsna, I am not so fortunate that I claim like that. But still, as a child, I claim the Person Krsna is reality. My estimation may be childish
- As long as the body will be there, there will only be pain. Pleasure is only a misconception. Do not be sorry if you are in an "unfortunate" situation. It can also be fortunate if you take advantage by becoming serious to become Krsna consciousness
- As soon as one is fortunate enough to contact a pure devotee, one must be anxious immediately to hear about Krsna, to learn about Krsna, or, in other words, to become fully Krsna conscious
- As stated in Bhagavad-gita, one who is fortunate enough to receive the Lord's favor can understand all these explanations by the mercy of the Lord
- As the autumn season began in Vrndavana, Lord Krsna was tending the cows and blowing on His flute. The gopis then began to praise Krsna and discuss the fortunate position of His flute
- As the wife of a great sage and the daughter of a great Prajapati, Daksa, she (Diti) knew that being killed by the Personality of Godhead is a great fortune
- As this body will die, so the entire universe, this gigantic material body, will be annihilated, and whether we are fortunate or unfortunate, on this planet or another planet, everything will be finished
- Because he (the Gandharva) was cursed by Devala Rsi, he became a crocodile and in only one life was fortunate enough to see the Supreme Personality of Godhead face to face and be promoted to the spiritual world to become one of the Lord's associates
- Being fortunate, he (Maharaja Pariksit) got at least seven days to prepare himself to meet death, and so he properly utilized the time in the association of Sukadeva Gosvami, the great saint and devotee of the Lord
- Both of you are so fortunate to become the servitors of Sri Sri Jagannatha Deva, installed by your forefathers. The best thing will be to increase your affection for these Jagannatha Devas
- Brahma said, "I am simply surprised with the fortunate position of Maharaja Nanda, mother Yasoda and the cowherd men & gopis, because You, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, the Absolute Truth, are existing here as their most intimate lovable object"
- Brahma said, "I shall therefore consider myself fortunate to be given a chance to take birth in this land of Vrndavana in any of my future lives. My dear Lord, I am therefore not interested in either material opulences or liberation"
- Brahma said, "If I am not so fortunate to take birth within the forest of Vrndavana, I beg to be allowed to take birth outside the immediate area of Vrndavana so that when the devotees go out they will walk over me. That would be a great fortune for me"
- Brahma said, "We are all demigods, controlling deities of the various senses of the living entities, and we are proud of enjoying such privileges, but actually there is no comparison between our position and of these fortunate residents of Vrndavana"
- Brahmanas and Vaisnavas who are strictly following the path of spiritual advancement are always fortunate. The question was asked by Prthu Maharaja for his own sake, since he was in the position of a grhastha and in charge of the royal authority
- By following the regulative principles of human life, one gradually raises himself to the platform of spiritual realization. If one is so fortunate, by such practice, to rise to the platform of KC, then success is guaranteed for him. BG 1972 purports
- By some fortunate accident, Maitreya reached the place where Lord Sri Krsna was resting. To meet the Lord is not an ordinary incident
- By the grace of the Lord, there are still families that foster transcendentalists generation after generation (in India). It is certainly very fortunate to take birth in such families. BG 1972 purports
- Demons (asuras) cannot harm the demigods, who always have Lord Visnu on their side. Similarly, any person or group attached to Krsna is extremely fortunate - SB 10.8.18
- Due to the earth's severe penances, the footprints of this deer, which are small, beautiful, most auspicious and soft, are imprinted on the surface of this fortunate planet
- Even if he is not of very good character, or even if he is not very rich or fortunate, or even if he is old or invalid on account of continued diseases, whatever her husband's condition, a woman should not divorce her husband
- Even out of millions of liberated persons, only one is fortunate enough to become a devotee
- Even Satyabhama, one of the queens of Sri Krsna, desires the fortunate position and excellent qualities of Srimati Radharani
- Even though it was possible that his (Uttanapada's) lost son (Dhruva Maharaja) was coming back from the kingdom of death, he thought that since he was most sinful it was not possible for him to be so fortunate as to get back his lost son
- Fortunate and unfortunate
- Fortunate beginners can develop only in the association of pure devotees of Lord Krsna. When one associates with pure devotees, he becomes a pure devotee himself
- Fortunate enough to meet a guru
- Four kinds of fortunate people who become attached to Krsna, and four kinds of unfortunate people who never take to Krsna are described in this chapter (BG 7). BG 1972 purports
- From then on, the fortunate prince was one of the most intimate devotees of the Lord
- Gautama and Kanada have given stress to this theory that the creation resulted from a fortunate combination of material elements, and they have tried to establish that atomic energy is the origin of creation
- General Bhismadeva is referring to a particular type of yoga called bhakti-yoga, and he was fortunate enough to have the Lord directly in his presence before he quitted his material body
- God's mercy is shown to the asuras if they are fortunate enough to be killed by Him
- Greatest of the fortunates
- Harassed life after life by the laws of nature, the living entity wanders throughout the entire universe in different planets and species of life. Somehow or other, if he is fortunate enough, he comes in touch with a devotee who reforms his entire life
- He (Akrura) was confident that on that day all the sinful reactions of his past life would be finished and his fortunate human form of life would be successful
- Here the word snigdhapangavalokanat means that he was fortunate enough to see the Supreme Lord face to face. He looked healthy because he had directly received the nectarean sound vibrations from the lotus lips of the Personality of Godhead
- How can You be purified, therefore, by the dust of the path traversed by the brahmanas, and how can You be glorified or made fortunate by the marks of Srivatsa on Your chest?
- How one can become this fortunate (to get helped from within by Krsna and from without by the spiritual master) can be seen in the life of Srila Narada Muni. In his previous life he was born of a maidservant
- I came to this foreign country without any acquaintance. So Krsna has sent so many fathers to love me. In that way I am fortunate. At the last stage if I live very peacefully, that is a great mercy of Krsna
- I can also understand my misfortune. No one in this world is as fortunate as Jagadananda
- I see that you have acquired a taste for hearing talks regarding Krsna. Therefore you are extremely fortunate. Not only you but anyone who has awakened such a taste is considered most fortunate
- I think that all these earthly disturbances indicate some greater loss to the good fortune of the world. The world was fortunate to have been marked with the footprints of the lotus feet of the Lord. These signs indicate that this will no longer be
- If a woman is fortunate enough to be the wife of a pure devotee, she can serve her husband without any desire for sense gratification
- If a woman is unfortunate she will become fortunate, by executing this ritualistic ceremony
- If by Krsna's grace one is fortunate enough to come under the shelter of the guru, by the mercy of Krsna he receives lessons on how to execute devotional service to the Supreme Lord
- If I (Krsnadasa Kaviraja Gosvami) remain longer and am fortunate enough to receive the mercy of Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, I shall try to describe them again more elaborately
- If one is fortunate enough to be attracted by His (Lord Caitanya's) features, one is sure to be successful in one's life mission
- If one is fortunate enough to beg from the Lord this Hare Krsna maha-mantra, his life is successful
- If one is fortunate enough to come to the point of bhakti-yoga, it is to be understood that he has surpassed all the other yogas. Therefore, to become Krsna conscious is the highest stage of yoga. BG 1972 purports
- If one is fortunate enough to get the association of a pure devotee, he can easily surpass all the practices for controlling the mind by the mystic yoga process simply by following the regulative principles of Krsna consciousness
- If one is fortunate enough to get the association of a spiritual master like Kapila Muni or His representative, then by his grace one can be delivered from the mire of ignorance
- If one is fortunate enough to have a good, conscientious wife, he can decide by mutual consultation that human life is meant for advancing in Krsna consciousness and not for begetting a large number of children
- If one is fortunate enough to have received the knowledge in the transcendental disciplic succession, surely he will have the chance to understand the mystery of the Lord and that of the Srimad-Bhagavatam, the sound incarnation of the Lord
- If one is fortunate enough to possess transcendental knowledge as well as the money with which to perform sacrifices, one must do it according to the directions given in the sastras
- If one is fortunate enough to take shelter of a pure devotee, hear from him about self-realization and follow in his footsteps, he will be gradually elevated to the position of a pure devotee. BG 1972 purports
- If one is fortunate enough to transcend all this so-called goodness and badness and come to the platform of devotional service by the mercy of Krsna and the guru, his life becomes successful
- If one is fortunate enough to transcend the designation of birth in a particular society or community by being elevated to the standard of spiritual identity, then his sva-dharma, or duty, is solely that of serving the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- If one is fortunate enough to understand his relationship with God, knowing that God is great (vibhu) whereas the living entity is small (anu), he is perfect in knowledge
- If one is fortunate enough to understand the happiness and distress of the spirit soul and gets a taste for transcendental knowledge, then he will be indifferent to the happiness and distress of the body and mind and will relish a transcendental peace
- If one is fortunate to understand the Gita-especially these middle six chapters (Six to Twelve) in the association of devotees, then his life at once becomes glorified beyond all penances, sacrifices, charities, speculations, etc. BG 1972 purports
- If one is fortunate, he becomes intimately related with this movement. Then, by the grace of Krsna, one’s life becomes successful. Everyone has dormant krsna-bhakti - love for Krsna - and in the association of good devotees, that love is revealed
- If one is not fortunate enough to receive the bhakti-lata-bija from the spiritual master, he instead cultivates seeds as karma-bija, jnana-bija, or political, social or philanthropic bijas. However, the bhakti-lata-bija is different from these others
- If someone is fortunate enough to understand Bhagavad-gita in that line of disciplic succession, without motivated interpretation, then he surpasses all studies of Vedic wisdom, and all scriptures of the world. BG 1972 purports
- If such a fortunate combination (Maharaja Pariksit and Sukadeva Goswami) is made possible, then krsna-katha immediately becomes revealed, and people may benefit to the highest possible degree from such a conversation
- If such fortunate brahmanas and sons of rich men properly utilize the chance, they can easily realize Vasudeva by good association with saintly persons. Unfortunately, such preferred persons are captivated again by material wealth and honor
- If such persons (demoniac persons) are fortunate enough to be guided by a spiritual master who can direct them to the path of Vedic wisdom, they can get out of this entanglement and ultimately achieve the supreme goal. BG 1972 purports
- If they (people) are at all fortunate, they become interested in going back home, back to Godhead, but unless they understand the spiritual world, they rot in this material darkness continuously
- If we are fortunate enough to take the lessons given by Lord Krsna in Bhagavad-gita, our lives immediately become successful. No one can give better instructions to human society than Lord Krsna
- If you are actually hankering after Krsna - Krsna is within yourself - He will give you a guru. He will give you a guru. Guru-krsna-krpaya. But we must be fortunate to get real guru. If I am unfortunate, I'll not get a guru
- If, by the grace of the Lord & His devotees, a living being becomes fortunate enough to associate with the devotees of the Lord & gets a chance to hear the unadulterated glories of the Lord, certainly the flow of DS takes place like the flow of a river
- In another statement, Subala is addressed thus, "My dear Subala, the damsels of Vrndavana who had the opportunity of enjoying Krsna's kissing must be the foremost of all the fortunate women in the world"
- In Bhagavad-gita, the Lord says that His birth and deeds are transcendental and that anyone who is so fortunate as to know the transcendental nature of His birth and deeds will at once become liberated and eligible to return to the kingdom of God
- In India, one who has taken birth in India, it is understood that in his previous birth he tried to cultivate spiritual culture; therefore he has been given the opportunity to take birth in India. India is so fortunate
- In the course of traversing the universal creation of Brahma, some fortunate soul may receive the seed of bhakti-lata, the creeper of devotional service. This is all by the grace of guru and Krsna
- In the material world no one is permanently fortunate, however clever one may be
- In their former birth, these two sons, known as Nalakuvara and Manigriva, were extremely opulent and fortunate. But because of pride and false prestige, they did not care about anyone, and thus Narada Muni cursed them to become trees - SB 10.9.23
- It is a fact that the American people are the most fortunate in the world, and that this Krsna consciousness movement is the final touch of fortune
- It is my good fortune that I have been able to see you, for you cannot easily be seen by persons who have not subdued the mind or controlled the senses. I am all the more fortunate to have touched with my head the blessed dust of your feet
- It is our duty to make all these misfortunate, unfortunate creatures fortunate. That is our mission. We therefore go in the street and chant
- It is the duty of all parents to make every child Krishna Conscious, so that the fortunate child born of Krishna Conscious parents may not have any more to take birth in this material world
- It is very difficult to achieve the spiritual abode of Hari, in the Vaikuntha planets, but you are so fortunate that you are already destined to go to that abode by worshiping Him as the supreme abode of all living entities
- It was fortunate for Sati that Lord Siva did not take the ornaments from his wife and spend them for ganja, because those who imitate Lord Siva in smoking ganja exploit everything from household affairs
- Kalayavana was fortunate enough to see the lines of Srivatsa, a particular impression on the chest of Sri Krsna, and the Kaustubha jewel He was wearing
- Kapiladeva said to Devahuti, "Those who assemble together to understand My qualities, pastimes and form, and thus glorify Me congregationally and derive transcendental pleasure therefrom, such fortunate devotees never desire to become one with Me"
- King Pariksit inquired from Sukadeva Gosvami: How did Narada Muni, whose hearers are as fortunate as those instructed by Lord Brahma, explain the transcendental qualities of the Lord, who is without material qualities, and before whom did he speak
- King Prthu was an incarnation of Visnu, he taught the people in his kingdom to take instructions from a spiritual master who represents the disciplic succession. Thus one can become fortunate and enjoy a blissful life even within this material world
- Krsna as cowherd boy was running with his train. I have to take. And Jagannatha was snatching her cloth. They are very poisonous things. I was never fortunate with such incidences. I am simply trying to carry out the order of my Guru Maharaja. That's all
- Krsna is the master of all mysticism. It is to be understood, however, that as Arjuna was fortunate enough to understand Krsna directly, similarly, by the grace of Vyasa, Sanjaya was also able to hear Krsna directly. BG 1972 purports
- Krsna said to Akrura, "I think Myself so fortunate that you have come as My friend and relative. My dear uncle Akrura, please tell Me the purpose of your coming to Vrndavana"
- Krsna said, "As for the land, it is so pious and fortunate because the footprints of Your (Balarama's) lotus feet are marking its body"
- Krsna said, "It is quite natural for these Vrndavana inhabitants to thus receive a great personality like You (Balarama). The herbs, creepers and plants are also so fortunate to touch Your lotus feet"
- Krsna said: "O Partha, in all the three planetary systems, this earth is especially fortunate, for on earth is the town of Vrndavana. And there the gopis are especially glorious because among them is My Srimati Radharani"
- Krsna then took the meaning of vasa as fragrance and said, "My dear fortunate one (Radharani), I have just assumed this fragrance in order to be associated with Your body"
- Let me be fortunate enough to become one of the bushes, creepers or herbs in Vrndavana, for the gopis trample them and bless them with the dust of their lotus feet
- Like the gopis, one can see Krsna continuously if one is fortunate enough
- Lord Caitanya explained that of the many thousands and millions of living entities wandering in the material world, one who by the grace of Lord Krsna and the spiritual master gets the seed of devotional service is very rare and fortunate
- Lord Caitanya said that only one who is fortunate can get the seed of transcendental loving service, by the mercy of Sri Krsna, the Personality of Godhead, and that of the spiritual master
- Lord Caitanya said: "No one can describe the fortunate position of Kulina-grama. It is so sublime that even sweepers who tend their hogs there also chant the Hare Krsna maha-mantra"
- Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu asked Nityananda Prabhu to judge whether there was anyone within the world as fortunate as Madhavendra Puri
- Lord Sri Krsna Caitanya is the initiator of sankirtana (congregational chanting of the holy name of the Lord). One who worships Him through sankirtana is fortunate indeed
- Maharaj Bali was so fortunate that the Lord extended before Him His hand, which was reddish from touching the breast of the goddess of fortune, who is always smeared with red kunkum powder
- Maharaja Pariksit might have been thinking that the Kuru dynasty was not as fortunate as the others because the Supreme Lord did not appear in that family, neither as Krsna, Lord Ramacandra, Lord Rsabhadeva or Maharaja Prthu
- Maharaja Pariksit, fortunate as he was, got the impression of the Lord even in the womb of his mother, and thus his contemplation on the Lord was constantly with him
- Maharaja Pariksit, who at the time of death was fortunate to have met Sukadeva Gosvami, inquired from Sukadeva Gosvami about the path of liberation at that crucial time
- Most factory workers and other laborers cannot maintain a good character and thus slide down to depravities. And if such derelicts increase in population, the world has no chance for a prosperous and fortunate future
- Mr. George Harrison appears to be very intelligent boy, and he is by the Grace of Krishna fortunate also. On the first day, he came to see me along with John Lennon, and we had talks about 2 hours. He wanted to talk with me more
- Mucukunda continued, "These foolish persons, not knowing how fortunate they are to have obtained this human form of life, are reluctant to worship Your lotus feet"
- My dear fortunate demigod (King Nrga), now I see that your body is so beautiful and lustrous. Who are you? We can guess that you are one of the best demigods in the heavenly planets
- My dear Lord, the family upon which You bestow even a little mercy is always fortunate, for such mercy makes all miseries disappear
- My Spiritual Master Sri Bhaktisiddhanta Goswami Maharaja made a great effort to execute the order of Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu and we were fortunate enough to meet Him for service
- Namacarya Haridasa Thakura was taken to the jail and he told the prisoners there, oh, you are so fortunate to have this opportunity to sit and chant the Holy Names without the Maya distractions of the outer world
- Nanda Maharaja and Yasoda are accepted as the father & mother of Krsna, yet mother Yasoda was more fortunate than Nanda, Krsna's father, because Nanda Maharaja was sometimes separated from Krsna whereas Yasoda, was not separated from Krsna at any moment
- Narada contemplated that the two demigods (Nalakuvara and Manigriva) should remain for 100 years, in the time of the demigods, in the form of trees, & after that they would be fortunate enough to see the S. P. of God face to face, by His causeless mercy
- Narada Muni approved his not wanting more than a daily supply of food, and he blessed him, saying, 'You are fortunate.' Narada Muni and Parvata Muni then disappeared from that place
- Narada Muni continued: My dear Maharaja Yudhisthira, all of you (the Pandavas) are extremely fortunate, for Krsna, lives in your palace just like a human being. Great saintly persons know this very well, and therefore they constantly visit this house
- Narada said, "Others cannot understand that He (Krsna) is the Supreme Lord, but He is still living with you as your cousin, as your friend and even as your messenger. Therefore you must know that nobody in this world is more fortunate than you"
- No one can describe the fortunate position of Kulina-grama. It is so sublime that even sweepers who tend their hogs there also chant the Hare Krsna maha-mantra
- O Lord (Visnu), we (the demigods) are fortunate because the heavy burden of the demons upon this earth is immediately removed by Your appearance - SB 10.2.38
- O most fortunate lady, establishing your mind in a good spirit, execute this process of payo-vrata and thus worship the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Kesava, who is inexhaustible
- Oceans and seas produce pearls, coral and valuable jewels so that fortunate law-abiding people can utilize them. Similarly, the hills are full of chemicals so that when rivers flow down from them the chemicals spread over the fields to fertilize
- On hearing this, the learned brahmana (Sudama) replied, "My dear Krsna, You are the Supreme Lord and the supreme spiritual master of everyone, and since I was fortunate enough to live with You in the house of our guru (Sandipani Muni)"
- Once there was a hunter in the forest of Prayaga who was fortunate enough to meet Narada Muni when the great sage was returning from Vaikuntha after visiting Lord Narayana. Narada came to Prayaga to bathe in the confluence of the Ganges and Yamuna
- One may be fortunate to have it, or one may not have it even after thousands of endeavors. Therefore, in all spheres of devotional service, freedom is the main pivot. Without freedom there is no execution of devotional service
- One may search for Krsna, the S. P. of Godhead, through the pages of the Vedas and Upanisads, but it is difficult to find Him there. However, one who is fortunate enough to associate with a devotee can see the Supreme Personality of Godhead face to face
- One must be fortunate enough to associate with a person who is in pure consciousness. A Krsna conscious person has realized knowledge, by the grace of Krsna, because he is satisfied with pure devotional service. BG 1972 purports
- One should be attracted by the beautiful vision of Krsna. His name is Krsna because He is all-attractive. One who becomes attracted by the beautiful, all-powerful, omnipotent vision of Krsna is fortunate. BG 1972 purports
- One should be qualified enough to discern transcendental potency, and either by discriminating or by fortunate chance if one is able to receive the transcendental sound from the bona fide spiritual master, his path of liberation is guaranteed
- One should not be puffed up because he is entrusted with certain executive work. Fortunate is he who is so entrusted, and if he is always fixed in the sense of being subordinate to the will of the Supreme, he is sure to come out successful
- One who becomes a devotee of the inconceivable Supreme Personality of Godhead is to be considered extremely fortunate. The Mayavadi sannyasis admitted this fact to Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- One who becomes attracted by the beautiful, all-powerful, omnipotent vision of Krsna is fortunate
- One who is fortunate enough to come under the shelter of a bona fide spiritual master is sure to traverse the path of spiritual salvation without any doubt
- One who is fortunate meets a bona fide spiritual master by the grace of Krsna and comes to understand the meaning of devotional service
- One who is fortunate, after reading Bhagavad-gita thoroughly, he'll have a strong faith in Krsna. If you have failed to achieve this status of faith, then there is no question of progress
- One who is not fortunate, his intelligence is used how to go to hell
- One who is only ordinarily fortunate cannot obtain such mercy. Only persons who have the full mercy of Krsna can receive such remnants
- One who is trained to perceive all these things (how a living entity leaves his present body, what form of body he is going to take in the next life, why he is living in a particular type of body) is fortunate. BG 1972 purports
- One who receives Your audience is fortunate indeed, for You are the Supreme Personality of Godhead Himself
- One whose love of Godhead (krsna-prema) is awakened and who thus becomes a devotee of the inconceivable Supreme Personality of Godhead is to be considered extremely fortunate
- Only one who is fortunate can have the opportunity to hear Srimad-Bhagavatam in the association of pure devotees of the Lord
- Ordinary persons do not do this (surrender at Krsna's feet), even after hearing all the Vedas, but if one is fortunate, although it may be even after many, many births, he comes to this conclusion (bahunam janmanam ante jnanavan mam prapadyate) - BG 7.19
- Our method is very simple. If one is fortunate enough to meet a bona fide spiritual master and if he acts strictly under his discipline, he also becomes within a very short time another spiritual master
- Out of many millions of living entities, one may be fortunate enough to receive the seed of the bhakti-lata, the creeper of devotional service
- Out of many of these living entities, one who is actually fortunate (bhagyavan) comes in contact with a bona fide spiritual master by Krsna’s mercy
- Pariksit Maharaja was astonished. How had mother Yasoda and Nanda Maharaja become so fortunate that they enjoyed the complete childhood pastimes of Krsna? What had they done in the past by which they were elevated to such an exalted position
- Pariksit Maharaja was fortunate to get a seven-day notice to meet his inevitable death. But for the common man there is no definite notice, although death is inevitable for all
- Pariksit said: My lord, Sukadeva Gosvami, you have elaborately described all the periods of the various Manus &, within those periods, the wonderful activities of the S. P. G, who has unlimited potency. I am fortunate to have heard all of this from you
- People who try to discuss and understand the real spiritual nature of the spiritual sky and the Vaikunthas are fortunate
- Persons who come to bathe in this river are fortunate. It is not very difficult for them to achieve with every step the results of performing great sacrifices like the Rajasuya and Asvamedha yajnas
- Please give me the holy name of Krsna and thus make me fortunate, so that I also may float in the flood of love of Godhead inaugurated by Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- Purposely or without purpose, even when they (the inhabitants of Vrndavana) pass on the street they are fortunate enough to exchange greetings by saying the name of Radha or Krsna. Thus directly or indirectly they are auspicious
- Sahadeva was fortunate to know of the glories of Krsna, and after describing them in brief, he stopped speaking
- Samjna, the wife of Vivasvan, gave birth to the Manu named Sraddhadeva, & the same fortunate wife also gave birth to the twins Yamaraja and the River Yamuna. Then Yami, while wandering on the earth in the form of a mare, gave birth to the Asvini-kumaras
- Since by his (Narada Muni) own free will he is already traveling all over the universe, the curse of Kalakanya (not be able to stay in one place for a long time) is described as fortunate
- Since the brahmana had the opportunity to be Rukmini's messenger, he was fortunate enough to see the Supreme Personality of Godhead Krsna, the original cause of all causes
- So that is the way of elevating oneself. In whatever condition one may be, if he is fortunate enough to associate with pure devotees, then very quickly he is elevated to the second-class or first-class platform
- Son of Satyabhama's nurse, "My dear Krsna, I never tried to gain the favor of the goddess of fortune, who is married to You, but still I am so fortunate that I am considered one of the members of Your house, the brother of Satyabhama"
- Spiritual life means if somebody has advanced in spiritual life, and somebody, one, he is still in the neophyte stage, he will eulogize, "Oh, how fortunate he is. He has advanced. He is serving Krsna in such a nice way
- Spiritual life means to see you advancing, one becomes happy, "Oh, how fortunate he is." This is spiritual life. Therefore spiritual life is meant for a person who is completely not envious. That is spiritual life
- Sri Bhismadeva attained the perfection of quitting his body at will and was fortunate enough to have Lord Krsna, the object of his attention, personally present at the time of death. He therefore fixed his open eyes upon Him
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu confirmed that no one is as fortunate as the residents of Vrajabhumi, and specifically the cowherd girls, who dedicated their everything for the satisfaction of the Lord
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu recommends that one chant the holy name of Krsna param vijayate sri-krsna-sankirtanam. If one is fortunate enough to hear from the mouth of realized devotees, he is very easily successful on the path of devotional service
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said, "Madhavendra Puri was so fortunate that Krsna personally appeared before him on the plea of delivering milk. Three times the Lord gave orders to Madhavendra Puri in dreams"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu thus blessed them all, saying that they were all fortunate. In this way He praised them, and He felt very successful because they chanted the holy name of Lord Hari
- Sri Caitanya says: brahmanda bhramite kona bhagyavan jiva (CC Madhya 19.151). If, while traveling, a living entity becomes fortunate enough to become blessed by the association of devotees and to come to Krsna consciousness, his real life actually begins
- Statement in Srimad Bhagavatam: "How wonderful are the fortunate residents of Vrndavana, such as Nanda and the other cowherd men. The Supreme Personality of Godhead, the supreme Brahman, has actually become their intimate friend!"
- Such fortunate incidents (that there is every possibility for the living entity of being out of the clutches of matter) are considered the beginning of the decline of one's conditional life, and they occur if there is association with the pure devotees
- Such fortunate living entities need not come again within the occasional material creation
- Sukadeva Gosvami said: O best of the Kurus, while Bali Maharaja was describing his fortunate position in this way, the most dear devotee of the Lord, Prahlada Maharaja, appeared there, like the moon rising in the nighttime
- Sukadeva Gosvami was not accustomed to stay at any householder's residence for more than half an hour (at the time of milking the cow), & he would just take alms from the fortunate householder. That was to sanctify the residence by his auspicious presence
- Suta Gosvami confirmed that if someone is fortunate enough to associate with a pure devotee of the Lord even for a moment, that particular moment is so valuable
- Taste is the seed of devotional service, and one who is fortunate enough to have received such a seed is advised to sow it in the core of his heart. As one cultivates a seed by pouring water to fructify it
- Thank you very much for the Tulasi leaves offered to Lord Caitanya's lotus feet. If one is fortunate enough to receive such holy prasadam then all sinful reactions are immediately purified within the heart
- The boy must have been fortunate; otherwise how simply by standing there could he perfume Agnidhra's entire asrama
- The brahmanas said, "Although we expert brahmanas are considered to be the teachers of all other sections of human society, we also have been illusioned by the external energy. Just see how fortunate these women are"
- The child thus remains just like a bird in a cage, without freedom of movement. At that time, if the child is fortunate, he can remember all the troubles of his past one hundred births, and he grieves wretchedly
- The devotee who becomes helpless by the will of the Lord is more fortunate than those who are born in good families
- The devotee who is put into a forlorn condition is more fortunate because he swiftly returns to the lotus feet of the Lord, thinking himself helpless all around
- The eighth son was the Supreme Personality of Godhead Himself - Krsna. The highly fortunate Subhadra, the one daughter, was your (King Pariksit's) grandmother
- The fallen devotees born in a good family may forget the lotus feet of the Lord because they are less fortunate
- The fortunate child in the womb of his mother realizes his superior position and is thereby distinguished from other bodies
- The fortunate demigods said: O great one, just see this darkness, which you know very well and which is causing us anxieties. Because the influence of time cannot touch you, there is nothing unmanifest before you
- The fortunate inhabitants of Pitrloka, who preside over the funeral ceremonies, made Aryama into a calf. With great faith they milked kavya, food offered to the ancestors, into an unbaked earthen pot
- The fortunate King Pariksit, inquiring further, said, "O brahmana, please describe in full detail how and where the mind has to be applied and how the conception can be fixed so that the dirty things in a person's mind can be removed"
- The fortunate King said: Indeed, we are the most grateful of all the kings who are trained to get favors from the great souls. Generally you (sages) consider royalty as refuse to be rejected and left in a distant place
- The fortunate Sisupala's spirit soul immediately merged into the body of Lord Krsna in the presence of all, exactly as a burning meteor falls to the surface of the globe
- The fortune does not come to everyone and anyone. Out of millions of persons. Therefore, who have taken Krsna, who have understood Krsna in tattvatah, as far as his knowledge is concerned, he is very, very fortunate
- The fortune of the earth planet is praised because of its being specifically sustained by the Lord; its beauty is appreciated and compared to that of a lotus flower situated on the trunk of an elephant
- The girls are not taught to select a husband who is very rich or very opulent for material sense gratification; rather, if a girl is fortunate enough to get a husband as good as Lord Siva in devotional service, then her life becomes perfect
- The gopis are so fortunate that during the rasa-lila Krsna personally embraced them with His arms and kissed them face to face. Certainly it is not possible for any women in the three worlds to achieve this except the gopis
- The gopis are so fortunate that they can see and think of Krsna twenty-four hours a day, beginning from their milking the cows or husking the paddy or churning the butter in the morning
- The gopis contemplated, "In all respects he resembles Krsna, Syamasundara, the beautiful blackish boy. He is even dressed exactly like Krsna. Where has this boy come from. Who is the fortunate girl who has him for her husband?"
- The gopis said, "Krsna is the well-wisher of Vrndavana. He is as kind to you as to us; therefore after leaving us, He must have been present in your company. O fortunate trees, we are thinking of Krsna, the younger brother of Balarama"
- The gopis said: O friends, those eyes that see the beautiful faces of the sons of Maharaja Nanda are certainly fortunate. As these two sons enter the forest, surrounded by Their friends, driving the cows before Them
- The gopis were envious of the deer because the deer were able to offer their service to Krsna along with their husbands. The gopis thought themselves not so fortunate because whenever they wanted to go to Krsna, their husbands were not very happy
- The great authority Sukadeva Gosvami remarks that Krsna almost always passed His time with Rukmini, and Rukmini was a bit proud to be so fortunate that Krsna never left her even for a moment. Krsna, however, does not like any of His devotees to be proud
- The human form of life is meant for understanding this transcendental land of Vrndavana, and one who is fortunate should cultivate knowledge of Vrndavana and its residents
- The individual soul is the servant, and therefore he surrenders unto Him. At that time he becomes a mahatma, a great soul. Therefore, a fortunate living being who comes to this understanding, even within the womb of his mother, has his liberation assured
- The King thought to himself: Persons who have no son are certainly fortunate. They must have worshiped the Lord in their previous lives so that they would not have to suffer the unbearable unhappiness caused by a bad son
- The living entities are promoted and degraded by the laws of nature, but if one is very, very fortunate, by association with saintly persons he gets the seed of devotional service, and his life becomes successful
- The Lord personally appeared to Bali Maharaja to take away everything he had, and thus he was so fortunate that he could see the Lord face to face
- The Lord was sitting in a lonely place just about to disappear from the vision of the inhabitants of this universe, and Uddhava was fortunate to see Him even at that time and thus receive the Lord's permission to enter Vaikuntha
- The Pandavas were not less fortunate; they were as good as Prahlada Maharaja because although Lord Nrsimhadeva appeared for Prahlada, the Supreme Personality of Godhead in His original form as Krsna was always living with the Pandavas
- The Pracetas were fortunate to see Siva, the chief of the demigods, emerging from the water with his associates. His bodily luster was just like molten gold, his throat was bluish, and he had three eyes, which looked very mercifully upon his devotees
- The process of devotional service is the revival of KC and if the devotee is fortunate enough to understand that the material energy is not separate from Krsna, then he can utilize the material energy and its products in the service of the Lord
- The process of surrender in a devotional attitude is accepted by a fortunate living being
- The purport of this statement is that as soon as one is fortunate enough to contact a pure devotee, he must be anxious immediately to hear about Krsna, to learn about Krsna, or, in other words, to become fully Krsna conscious
- The sage Bhrgu was highly fortunate. In his wife, known as Khyati, he begot two sons, named Dhata and Vidhata, and one daughter, named Sri, who was very much devoted to the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- The SL, Caitanya, confirms that anyone who chants the holy names Hari, Krsna & Narayana without offense is certainly extremely fortunate, & whether Indian or non-Indian, Hindu or non-Hindu, he immediately comes to the level of the most pious personality
- The unlimited fountainhead of all pleasure is God, and one who is fortunate enough to get this information through transcendental literatures like Srimad-Bhagavatam becomes permanently liberated to occupy his proper place in the kingdom of God
- The Vaikuntha mentality is that if one is serving - I have read it in Bhagavata - Krsna better than somebody else, he would simply appreciate that "Krsna has so much favored him. Oh, how fortunate he is. When I shall be able?" That is Vaikuntha mentality
- The wives of Krsna were so fortunate that they got the Supreme Personality of Godhead as their husband, although their husband's personality was unknown even to Brahma and the other demigods
- The wives of the demigods repented because although they had the opportunity of a birth in a higher planetary system a lifetime spanning millions of years & all material comforts, they were not as fortunate as Prthu and his wife, who were surpassing them
- The word 'sukrti' refers to pious activities performed by the mercy of Krsna. One who is fortunate enough to obtain such mercy receives the remnants of the Lord's food and thus becomes glorious
- Then (when one is sufficiently fortunate to come in contact with Krsna consciousness, by the mercy of the spiritual master, and takes to the path of devotional service) one is assured of eternal life, with no fear of death
- There are innumerable living entities traveling throughout the different planets of the universe, and out of them there are a few who are fortunate enough to meet a pure devotee and get the chance to understand devotional service. BG 1972 purports
- There are instances in history of many asuras-Ravana, Kamsa, Hiranyakasipu-to whom the Lord appeared in various incarnations just to kill. Therefore God's mercy is shown to the asuras if they are fortunate enough to be killed by Him. BG 1972 purports
- There is ordinarily no need for Narada Muni to stay in one place for more than the time he requires to preach. Since by his own free will he is already traveling all over the universe, the curse of Kalakanya is described as fortunate
- These last two awards (material opulence & merging with Supreme) of pious activity are not actually fortunate. Pious activities are fortunate when they help one become Krsna conscious
- These Mayavadi sannyasis were fortunate enough to meet the Supreme Personality of Godhead (Caitanya) in the form of a devotee, and certainly they were greatly influenced by the Lord
- These narrations are wonderfully enjoyable, and those who are fortunate are struck with wonder upon hearing of these extraordinary activities of the Lord
- This (CC Madhya 1.220) behavior is indicative of real Vaisnavas. When they saw that Rupa and Sanatana were fortunate enough to receive the mercy of the Lord, they were so pleased that they all congratulated the two brothers
- This King Prthu will meet Sanat-kumara, one of the four Kumaras, in the garden of his palace compound. The King will worship him with devotion and will be fortunate to receive instructions by which one can enjoy transcendental bliss
- This training from an early age is important, and I also was fortunate to have received such training when I was a child
- Those fortunate living entities who catch the truth and surrender unto the lotus feet of Vasudeva after many, many births in the material world join the eternally liberated souls and thus are allowed to enter into the kingdom of Godhead
- Those who are ambitious to derive material benefit from devotional service are not pure devotees, but because they are engaged in devotional service they are considered fortunate
- Those who are fortunate enough to have a view of the Lord from the front can realize His personal feature
- Those who are fortunate like Ajamila are saved by the Visnudutas, or Vaisnavas, and thus they return back home, back to Godhead
- Those who are not so fortunate turn to altruism and worldly philanthropy. This means the Mayavada philosophy is mundane, whereas the philosophy of Bhagavad-gita and Srimad-Bhagavatam is transcendental
- Through such fortunate engagement (the transcendental service of God), one’s transcendental love for Krsna is increased. One's position is thus completely purified, and one is filled with transcendental bliss accompanied by the spirit soul's jubilation
- To describe the fortunate position of Ramananda Raya and Svarupa Damodara Gosvami is extremely difficult. They were renowned as intimately confidential friends of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- Uddhava continued, "I wish to take birth as one of the plants or creepers in Vrndavana, who are so fortunate that the gopis trample them"
- Unless one is extremely expert, he cannot understand the expert management of the supreme expert. One can understand, however, if one is fortunate enough to meet a bona fide spiritual master
- Unless one is fortunate enough to have the dust of the lotus feet of a mahatma on one's head, there is no possibility of perfection in spiritual life
- Uttara was the daughter of a great king, the wife of a great hero, and student of a great devotee, and later she was the mother of a good king also. She was fortunate in every respect
- Vasudeva addressed Nanda, "My dear brother, you were old and very anxious to beget a son, and yet you had none. Now by the grace of the Lord you are fortunate to have a very nice son. I think that this incident is very auspicious for you"
- Vasudeva began to address Kamsa by putting forward reasonable arguments. Vasudeva was a great personality because he knew how to pacify a cruel person and how to forgive the bitterest enemy. One who is fortunate is never caught, even by tigers or snakes
- Vidyadhara said to Krsna, "I know very well that persons who are constantly engaged in chanting Your holy name attain release from all sinful reactions, & certainly persons who are fortunate enough to be personally touched by Your lotus feet are freed"
- Vrndavana-dhama is a transcendental place because of Krsna's walking on this land frequently. The inhabitants of Vrndavana were fortunate to see these marks (of sankha-cakra-gada-padma - conchshell, disc, club and lotus) here and there
- We (the demigods) are certainly fortunate, for we shall be able to see upon this earth and in the heavenly planets the marks of lotus, conchshell, club and disc that adorn Your (Lord Visnu) lotus feet - SB 10.2.38
- We can not expect that everyone shall become Krishna Consciousness, because only the most pious and fortunate living entities can join this movement. But we are giving chance for everyone and it is up to him, to take advantage or not
- We can simply imagine the great fortune of the inhabitants of Vrndavana. It is impossible to describe how, after many, many births of pious activities, they have become so fortunate
- When he (living being) is awake from trance, he feels the inconvenience of being confined within the womb, and thus he wants to come out of it and sometimes fortunately prays to the Lord for such liberation
- When Lord Caitanya described the superexcellence of Krsna's conjugal attraction, He felt transcendental ecstasy, and, catching the hands of Sanatana Gosvami, He began to proclaim how fortunate the damsels of Vraja were
- When one is fortunate enough to come to the right conclusion about this cosmic manifestation and everything going on within it, he knows it to be caused directly and indirectly by the Supreme Personality of Godhead Himself
- When the living entity is fortunate enough to associate with Sri Narada Mahamuni or his servants, he is liberated from this dreamland of material creation and the bodily conception of life
- While Bali Maharaja was describing his fortunate position in this way, the most dear devotee of the Lord, Prahlada Maharaja, appeared there, like the moon rising in the nighttime
- Whosoever you may be, O beautiful girl, we are fortunate in being able to see you. While playing with a ball, you have agitated the minds of all onlookers
- Without following the principles of the scriptures, one cannot elevate himself to the perfectional stage. One who actually, therefore, understands the purport of the sastras is considered fortunate. BG 1972 purports
- Women are not considered very powerful in following spiritual principles, but if a woman is fortunate enough to get a suitable husband who is spiritually advanced and if she always engages in his service, she also gets the same benefit as her husband
- Yamuna you are little better than Janaki but don't get puffed up & be good to those a little less fortunate. Guru das your work is so nice and you are a very important member of our society. You & your wife work so well there shall never be any problems
- You are so fortunate to have such training in Krishna Consciousness from the very beginning of childhood. So, take full advantage of it and follow very obediently what your older Godbrothers and Godsisters ask you to do
- You go on searching who is the most powerful. If you are fortunate enough, if you can find out such a person, the most powerful, nobody is more powerful than Him, that is God. So God's definition is not very difficult
- Yudhisthira said, "This nectar coming from the mouth of a devotee is so powerful that if one is fortunate enough to have the opportunity to drink it, he is immediately freed from the continuous journey of birth and death"
- Yudhisthira said, "Whenever they (Brahma, Siva & Indra) are fortunate enough to receive such orders, they immediately take them and keep them on their heads"