"dog-eaters"|"dog-eater"|"eat dogs"|"eating dog"|"eats dogs"|"dog eat"|"eat dog"|"eating dog's flesh"
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
- ► Candala (4 C, 70 P)
Pages in category "Dog-eater"
The following 51 pages are in this category, out of 51 total.
- A person born into a family of dog-eaters is generally not fit for performing yajna, or sacrifice. The priestly caste in charge of performing these ritualistic ceremonies recommended in the Vedas is called the brahmana order
- A person is born in a brahmana family or in a family of dog-eaters due to his past activities. If a person is born in a family of dog-eaters it means that his past activities were all sinful
- A person who chants the holy name of the Lord, even if born in a family of candalas, dog-eaters, does not need reformation. Simply by chanting Hare Krsna, he immediately becomes purified and becomes as good as the most learned brahmana
- Although he may be born in a family of dog-eaters and therefore by material calculation may be the lowest among men, he is still glorious. This is the wonderful effect of chanting the holy name of the Lord
- Among the mixed classes known as sankara, those who are not thieves are known as antevasayi or candalas (dog-eaters), and they also have their hereditary customs
- Anyone in the entire world, even down to the candala, who lives by cooking and eating the flesh of the dog, is immediately purified if he takes bath in hearing through the ear the glorification of My name, fame, etc
- Anyone who chants the holy name of the Lord becomes immediately freed from conditional life and that anyone who hears the holy name of the Lord, even though born of a family of dog-eaters, also becomes liberated from the clutches of material entanglement
- Being very dear to the devotees and sadhus, I am attained through unflinching faith and devotional service. This bhakti-yoga system, which gradually increases attachment for Me, purifies even a human being born among dog-eaters
- By distributing prasada one should satisfy everyone assembled, including even the lowest of men, the candalas (eaters of dog flesh)
- Even if one is born in the family of a candala, if one engages in the devotional service of the Lord, he becomes the best of brahmanas. But even a brahmana who is devoid of devotional service is on the level of the lowest dog-eater
- Even though a person is born in a family of dog-eaters, he is very dear to Me if he is a pure devotee who has no motive to enjoy fruitive activities or mental speculation
- Even though he may be born in a family of dog-eaters, he is recognized by learned scholars. But although a person may be a learned scholar in Vedic knowledge, he is not recognized if he is an atheist
- He (God) can make a man born in a brahmana family as degraded as a lowborn dog-eater, and He can also make a lowborn dog-eater superior to a qualified brahmana simply on the strength of devotional service
- Here a Hindu coming from very respectable brahmana family and another man is coming from the dog-eater's family. It doesn't matter. As soon as one becomes Vaisnava he is classless society
- If a brahmana has all twelve of the brahminical qualifications but is not a devotee and is averse to the lotus feet of the Lord, he is certainly lower than a devotee who is a dog-eater but who has dedicated everything to the Supreme Lord
- If a person born in a family of dog-eaters takes to the chanting of the holy name of Krsna, it is to be understood that in his previous life he must have executed all kinds of austerities and penances and performed all the Vedic yajnas
- If one is born in a family of dog-eaters but is a pure devotee of the Lord, he can become a spiritual master." The conclusion is that one cannot become a spiritual master unless he is a pure devotee of the Lord
- If someone born in a family of dog-eaters is a pure devotee with no motives for enjoyment through fruitive activity or mental speculation, he is very dear to Me
- If this pure mentality is there (the holy name has to be chanted to please God) then even though a person is born of a low family, such as a dog-eater's, he is so glorious that not only has he purified himself, but he is quite competent to deliver others
- In the Bhagavad-gita (BG 5.18) it is said that a learned sage looks equally on a learned and gentle brahmana, a candala (dog-eater), a dog or a cow due to his spiritual vision. Srila Sukadeva Gosvami attained that stage
- In the Bhagavad-gita it is stated that a learned man looks upon a well educated Brahmin who is well behaved by education and so also upon a candala who is accustomed to eat the dogs. And what is the purport of this equal vision?
- In the Bhavisya Purana it is said, "In such a ceremony, if even a candala (dog-eater), simply out of curiosity, sees the Lord on the cart, he becomes counted as one of the associates of Visnu"
- It is implicit in this statement that a person born into a family of dog-eaters is generally not fit for performing yajna, or sacrifice
- Oh, how glorious are they whose tongues are chanting Your holy name! Even if born in the families of dog-eaters, such persons are worshipable
- Other sinful persons, such as dog-eaters & candalas, who are less than sudras, can also be freed in this way. But you are a devotee & we shall help you by performing the great horse sacrifice. If you please Narayana in that way, why should you be afraid?
- Simply by devotional service one becomes purified, even he is born in the family of the dog-eaters. That is the Vedic version
- Simply by hearing Your (Caitanya's) holy name, dog-eaters become holy saints. Your uncommon potencies cannot be described in words
- Sometimes the great sage Visvamitra had to live on the flesh of dogs in some extraordinary dangerous position
- Srimad-Bhagavatam states that by performing devotional service a person who was born even in a family of dog-eaters may become eligible to take part in the performance of the ritualistic ceremonies recommended in the Vedas
- The dog-eater human being is considered the lowest of the human society, similarly, in the animal society, the animal which eats stool is considered the lowest. So the gradation of human being is also calculated according to the eating process
- The dog-eater is better than the brahmana with twelve qualifications. Viprad dvi-sad-guna-yutad. Vipra means real vipra, qualified, not the so-called birthright vipra
- The elephant and the lion are embodiments of the passionate mode of nature, while the dog and the candala (dog-eater) are the embodiments of nature's mode of darkness, or ignorance
- The humble sage, by virtue of true knowledge, sees with equal vision a learned and gentle brahmana, a cow, an elephant, a dog and a dog-eater - outcaste
- The humble sage, by virtue of true knowledge, sees with equal vision a learned and gentle brahmana, a cow, an elephant, a dog and dog-eater - outcaste
- The humble sages, by virtue of true knowledge, see with equal vision a learned and gentle brahmana, a cow, an elephant, a dog and a dog-eater (outcaste)
- To receive the Lord Sri Krsna there were all grades of population, beginning from Vasudeva, Ugrasena and Garga Muni - the father, grandfather and teacher - down to the prostitutes and candalas, who are accustomed to eat dogs
- To say nothing of the spiritual advancement of persons who see the Supreme Person face to face, even a person born in a family of dog-eaters becomes immediately eligible to perform Vedic sacrifices if he once utters the holy name of the S P of Godhead
- To say nothing of the spiritual advancement of persons who see the Supreme Person face to face, even a person born in a family of dog-eaters immediately becomes eligible to perform Vedic sacrifices if he once utters the holy name of the SPG