cry | cries | crying | cried
Subcategories Pages in category
This category has the following 14 subcategories, out of 14 total.
- ► Krsna's Crying (15 P)
- ► Radharani's Crying (1 C, 1 P)
- ► Tears (9 C, 120 P)
- ► Weeping (4 C, 15 P)
Pages in category "Crying"
The following 247 pages are in this category, out of 247 total.
- I saw one hotel man in Calcutta cutting the throat of a chicken; he was laughing and his son was crying
- The relative is lamenting, crying, "My father is gone." That means he never saw his father; he saw the body only. But at the time of death of his father he understands that this father is not this body; that is soul
- A child may insist on having something and cry like anything to get it, disturbing the whole neighborhood, and then immediately after achieving the desired thing, he laughs
- A hunter spread his net. So some little birds, they fell down in the net and they are crying
- A man may see a tiger swallowing him in a dream, and he may cry for this calamity. Actually there is no tiger and there is no suffering; it is simply a case of dreams. In the same way, all calamities of life are said to be dreams
- Advaita Acarya chanted various mantras, but Gopala did not come to consciousness. Thus all the Vaisnavas present cried in sorrow at His plight
- After eating the prasadam, they embraced each other and cried due to separation from Lord Caitanya
- After entering the hermitage and seeing his (Srngi's) father in that condition, he cried loudly so that he might be relieved. But it was too late. The father (Samika Rsi) regretted the whole incident
- After fixing his bow and arrow, the cruel boy used to go to the forest and unnecessarily kill innocent deer, and as soon as he came all the people would cry, "Here comes cruel Vena! Here comes cruel Vena!"
- After hearing this, Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu embraced Ramananda Raya, and both of them, embracing shoulder to shoulder, began to cry
- After his birth he (Rudra) began to cry: O destiny maker (Lord Brahma), teacher of the universe, kindly designate my name and place
- After instructing the brahmana Vasudeva in that way, Caitanya Mahaprabhu disappeared from that place. Then the two brahmanas, Kurma and Vasudeva, embraced each other and began to cry, remembering the transcendental qualities of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- After requesting all the devotees to return home, the Lord decided to go to Jagannatha Puri. At that time Haridasa Thakura began to cry and speak some pathetic words
- After saying this, Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu embraced the brahmana, and the brahmana, catching the lotus feet of the Lord, began to cry
- After seeing Krsna, Jarati cried very loudly, addressing all the residents of Vrndavana to inform them that this son of King Nanda was setting fire to the household life of her daughter-in-law
- Again when people cried that Krsna, the son of Vasudeva, had come, both King Nanda and Mother Yasoda became overwhelmed with affection and expressed their great pleasure
- All of the boys were fearing that their very means of livelihood, the cows, were now lost. When searching out the cows in the forest, they themselves became very tired and thirsty. Soon, however, they heard the crying of their cows
- All the great saintly sages immediately cried: Kill him! Kill him! He is the most dreadful, sinful person. If he lives, he will certainly turn the whole world into ashes in no time
- All the inhabitants of Kasi (Varanasi) began chanting the Hare Krsna maha-mantra in ecstatic love. Sometimes they laughed, sometimes they cried, sometimes they chanted, and sometimes they danced
- All the lakes were full of beautiful swans, ducks and cranes, crying occasionally with melodious sounds
- All the women whose husbands had fallen in the battle, headed by Mandodari, the wife of Ravana, came out of Lanka. Continuously crying, they approached the dead bodies of Ravana and the other Raksasas
- All these people become like madmen. They simply chant the holy name of Krsna and dance. Sometimes they even cry and roll on the ground
- Alone in a field, if one falls into a blind well and no one is there to save him, he may cry for years, and no one will see or hear where the crying is coming from. Death is sure
- An ordinary child would cry, but these were not ordinary children, they immediately made preparations to punish the doormen, for the doormen had committed a great offense. Even to this day a saint is never checked from entering anyone's door in India
- As Krsna pressed her breast extremely hard and sucked out her very breath, Putana fell down on the ground, spread her arms and legs and began to cry, "Oh, child, leave me, leave me!" She was crying loudly and perspiring, and her whole body became wet
- As she (Krtadyuti) lamented the loss of her son, her loud crying resembled the sweet sound of a kurari bird
- As she was being led away, crying in fear like a kurari captured by a vulture, the great sage Narada, who at that time had no engagement, appeared on the scene and saw her in that condition
- As soon as the news of Jarasandha's death was announced, all the citizens of Magadha began to cry, "Alas! Alas!" while Lord Krsna and Arjuna embraced Bhimasena to congratulate him
- As the King and Queen lamented, all their male and female followers joined them in crying. Because of the sudden accident, all the citizens of the kingdom were almost unconscious
- As the Lord's (Varaha's) mace fell to the ground and a cry of alarm arose from the witnessing crowd of gods and rsis, the Personality of Godhead acknowledged the demon's love of righteousness and therefore invoked His Sudarsana discus
- As the queens loudly cried, their tears glided down their breasts, becoming reddened by kunkuma powder, and fell upon the lotus feet of their husband
- Because he is disturbed by the germs in his foul bed, which is contaminated by his urine and stool, the poor child continues to cry. He is unable to take any remedial measure for his relief
- Being angry and roaring like a lion, the demon Namuci took up a steel spear, which was bound with bells and decorated with ornaments of gold. He loudly cried, "Now you are killed!" Thus coming before Indra to kill him, Namuci released his weapon
- Being now alone and a widow in that forest, the daughter of Vidarbha began to lament, incessantly shedding tears, which soaked her breasts, and crying very loudly
- Being puffed up by material power, Kartaviryarjuna encouraged his men to steal Jamadagni's kamadhenu. Thus the men forcibly took away the crying kamadhenu, along with her calf, to Mahismati, Kartaviryarjuna's capital
- Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Gosvami says that sometimes persons who have no love of Godhead at all display ecstatic bodily symptoms. Artificially they sometimes laugh, cry and dance just like madmen, but this cannot help one progress in Krsna consciousness
- Brahma said: O chief of the demigods, you shall be called by the name Rudra by all people because you have so anxiously cried
- By expressing her (Draupadi's) difficulties she began to cry before the Lord as only a woman would do in such a position
- By nature's way, when a man cries, there may be two causes. When one cries in great happiness upon the fulfillment of some desire, the tears coming forth from the eyes are very cold and pleasing, whereas tears in times of distress are very hot
- Crying is a great transcendental pleasure. That the Mayavadis cannot understand
- Crying loudly and embracing the bodies of their husbands, which lay on the wrestling dais, the wives of Kamsa and his brothers lamented, addressing the dead bodies
- Crying out of compassion
- Crying, his wife informed him, "Lord Nityananda has cursed our sons to die because His quarters have not been provided"
- Devahuti became just like a cow who has lost her calf. A cow bereft of her calf cries day and night. Similarly, Devahuti was aggrieved, and she always cried
- Devahuti was aggrieved, and she always cried and requested her friends and relatives, "Please bring my son home so that I may live. Otherwise, I shall die
- Diti prayed for the mercy of Lord Siva very cleverly. She prayed: "The lord can cause me to cry, but if he likes he can also stop my crying because he is Asutosa
- Draupadi, the mother of the five children of the Pandavas, after hearing of the massacre of her sons, began to cry in distress with eyes full of tears. Trying to pacify her in her great loss, Arjuna spoke to her thus
- Due to anxieties and long separation, they all cried out of affection. King Yudhisthira then arranged to offer sitting accommodations and a reception
- Due to the impending separation from Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, all the devotees began to cry. The Lord was also morose due to separation from the devotees
- Due to the Lord's disappearance, the Deities seem to be crying in the temple, lamenting and perspiring. They seem about to leave. All the cities, villages, towns, gardens, mines and hermitages are now devoid of beauty and bereft of all happiness
- Each of these empowered persons would return to his own village, always chanting the holy name of Krsna and sometimes laughing, crying and dancing
- Even dog is afraid, what to speak of man. The animals, when they are taken to be slaughtered, they cry. So animal is afraid of death, why not man? Everyone is afraid
- Examples of anubhava as follows: dancing, rolling on the ground, singing very loudly, stretching the body, crying loudly, yawning, breathing very heavily, neglecting the presence of others, drooling, laughing like a madman, wheeling the head and belching
- Falling down and crying like a madman
- Figuratively the queen is supposed to be the disciple of the king; thus when the mortal body of the spiritual master expires, his disciples should cry exactly as the queen cries when the king leaves his body
- Finally Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu bade farewell to the maha-patra. Standing on the riverbank and looking at the boat, the maha-patra began to cry
- For formality's sake, when a man is lying on his deathbed, his relatives come to him, and sometimes they cry very loudly, addressing the dying man: "Oh, my father!" "Oh, my friend!" or "Oh, my husband
- Gauranga Bolite Habe, 1968 Jan 5 - Pulaka-sarira means shivering on the body. When one is factually situated in the transcendental platform, sometimes there are eight kinds of symptoms: crying, talking like a madman, and shivering of the body
- Generally, those who are exalted personalities lie down when they feel intoxicated, whereas those who are mediocre laugh and sing during intoxication, and those who are lowly use vulgar language and sometimes cry
- Gradually, the Siva-jvara's temperature diminished, and the Siva-jvara began to cry for help from Lord Siva, but Lord Siva was unable to help him in the presence of the Narayana-jvara
- Haridasa Thakura was always absorbed in thoughts of Krsna and the holy name of Krsna. Therefore the feminine poses the woman exhibited were just like crying in the forest
- He (Sahadeva) began to cry and call out, "Mother Madri! Where are you now? Father Pandu! Where are you now? I am very sorry that you are not here to see these footprints of Krsna!" This is another instance of devotional service in compassion
- He continuously exhibited bodily transformations of transcendental love. Thus he cried, trembled, became stunned, perspired, danced in love of Godhead and made sounds like those of a cloud
- He stayed up all night and cried. In the morning, he came to us and submitted the following plea
- He then clasped the lotus feet of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu and began to cry. The Lord raised him up and embraced him
- He threw the dead snake aside and asked his son why he was crying, whether anyone had done him harm. On hearing this, the son explained to him what had happened
- Hearing the Lord reject him, Kala Krsnadasa began to cry. However, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, not caring for him, immediately left to take His noon lunch
- Hearing the nurse's cries, Jambavan appeared on the scene in a very angry mood. Jambavan was actually a great devotee of Lord Krsna, but because he was angry he could not recognize his master and thought Him to be an ordinary man
- Hearing this curse, Sivananda Sena's wife began to cry. Just then, Sivananda returned from the toll station
- His (Vasudeva) eyes filled with tears, and he began to cry. Nanda Maharaja, desiring to please his friend Vasudeva and being affectionately bound with love for Lord Krsna and Balarama, passed three months in their association
- I (Krsnadasa Kaviraja Gosvami) shall describe the contents of the bags of Raghava Pandita later in this book. Hearing this narration, devotees generally cry, and tears glide down from their eyes
- I am crying alone in the wilderness at the present moment. So please help me in this noble cause and oblige
- If a mother leaves her child in his cradle and goes away to attend to some family duties, the child immediately understands that his mother has gone away, and therefore he cries. But as soon as the mother returns and cares for the child, the child laughs
- If you are in full transcendental bliss, he said, "you should now remember only Brahman. Why are you crying"
- In great agitation, the maidservant struck her breast with both hands and cried loudly in regretful words. Hearing her loud voice, the Queen immediately came, and when she approached her son, she saw that he was suddenly dead
- In his helpless condition, gnats, mosquitoes, bugs and other germs bite the baby, whose skin is tender, just as smaller worms bite a big worm. The unborn child, deprived of his wisdom, cries bitterly
- In seven places, seven different living beings began crying. Indra told them, "Do not cry," and then he cut each of them into seven pieces again
- In that celestial forest there were many birds whose necks were colored reddish and whose sweet sounds mixed with the humming of the bees. The lakes were abundantly decorated with crying swans as well as strong-stemmed lotus flowers
- In the age of Kali there will be no meaning to propaganda crying to stop corruption in the state
- In the darkness of night a snake can find its eatables simply by hearing the frog's very pleasant cry. The snake can understand, "There is the frog," and he captures the frog simply because of its sound vibration
- In the ecstasy of devotional service in dread, the unconstitutional symptoms are drying up of the mouth, exuberance, glancing towards the back side, concealing oneself, bewilderment, searching after the endangered lovable object and crying very loudly
- In the forest there are many plunderers, dacoits, jackals and tigers. The jackals are compared to one's wife and children. In the dead of night, jackals cry very loudly, and similarly one's wife and children in this material world also cry like jackals
- In the interior of the villages she-jackals yelled portentously, vomiting strong fire from their mouths, and jackals and owls also joined them with their cries
- In the spiritual world there is anxiety, there is crying, and there are other feelings similar to those of the material world
- In Your absence all these people have been exactly like thirsty cataka birds crying in disappointment. Kindly accept them
- Indeed, the chanting and crying of the Gaudiya Vaisnavas mixed and created a tumultuous sound vibration that filled the entire universe
- Indra, who was worshiped in that yajna, came and solaced the baby. "Do not cry," Indra said. Then Indra put his index finger in the baby's mouth and said, "You may drink me"
- It is described that by hearing the vibration of Krsna's flute Lord Siva becomes very puzzled and begins to cry so loudly into space that the demons become vanquished and the devotees become overwhelmed with joy
- It should be noted that the child is born crying and suffering. After birth the same suffering continues, and he cries
- Jatila, the mother of Abhimanyu, immediately believed that Krsna was her own son and thus became very angry at her real son who was coming home. She began to drive away her real son, who was crying, "Mother! Mother! What are you doing?"
- Just as a father gives some playthings to the crying child to satisfy him, the whole material creation is made possible by the will of the Lord to allow the bewildered living entities to lord it over things as they desire
- Just like the same child, crying. "I am now on the lap of my mother,'' it is happy. Similarly, when you come to Krsna consciousness, then you can become happy. Otherwise, go on crying for millions of years on different laps or different bodies
- Just see, O Bhima, how the she jackal cries at the rising sun and vomits fire, and how the dog barks at me fearlessly
- Krsna said, "Some of you (the gopis) must have babies by this time, although you are very young. You must have left your small babies at home, and they must be crying. Please immediately go back home and just feed them with your breast milk"
- Krsna said, "The cuckoos who are residing in this forest are welcoming You (Balarama) with their joyful, sweet cries because they consider that Your appearance in their home is so auspicious"
- Lamenting in grief for the death of her husband, the most chaste Renuka struck her own body with her hands and cried very loudly, "O Rama, my dear son Rama!"
- Lord Caitanya taught that we should simply cry, and we shall simply pray for accepting us. That's all. So this vibration is simply a cry for addressing the Supreme Lord
- Lord Krsna, Vasudeva, the son of Vasudeva, is the original source of Lord Rsabhadeva. There is no difference in Their constitution, and consequently Lord Rsabhadeva awakened the loving symptoms of crying, laughing and shivering
- Lord Siva is known as Rudra, and his wife is known as Rudrani. Rudrani and Rudra refer to those who are accustomed to putting others in distress to cry forever. Rukmini was thinking of goddess Durga as Girija, the daughter of the Himalayan Mountains
- Madhavendra Puri cried for some time, but then he fixed his mind on executing the order of Gopala. Thus he became tranquil
- Madhavendra Puri was chanting the holy name of Krsna, and sometimes he would cry, "O my Lord, I did not get shelter at Mathura"
- Maharaja Prthu left the presence of his citizens, who were almost lamenting and crying from feeling separation from the King, and went to the forest alone with his wife to perform austerities
- Many hundreds of male and female carnivorous demons, completely naked and carrying tridents in their hands, then appeared, crying the slogans "Cut them to pieces! Pierce them!"
- My dear friend, if Krsna is unkind to Me, there will be no need for you to cry, for it will not be due to any fault of yours
- My lord, do not make the wife of Dronacarya cry like me. I am aggrieved for the death of my sons. She need not cry constantly like me
- My Lord, You may use my water as You like. Indeed, You may cross it and go to the abode of Ravana, who is the great source of disturbance and crying for the three worlds. He is the son of Visrava, but is condemned like urine
- Naked like a madman, sometimes laughing and sometimes crying, he (Lord Siva) smears crematorium ashes all over his body. He does not bathe regularly, and he ornaments his body with a garland of skulls and bones
- Nakula Brahmacari became exactly like a man haunted by a ghost. Thus he sometimes laughed, sometimes cried, sometimes danced and sometimes chanted like a madman
- Nanda Maharaja cried for help, "This serpent is swallowing me!", all the cowherd men got up and saw what was happening. They immediately took up burning logs and began to beat the snake to kill it
- Nobody was crying for this edition of Bhagavata, but we are forcing, "You must read. You must take"
- Now whenever she prepares some good cooked food and wants to feed it to Me, she cries in great anxiety
- Now, with the help of my arrows, I shall cut you to pieces and with your flesh satisfy the hunger-stricken citizens, who are now crying for want of grains. Thus I shall satisfy the crying citizens of my kingdom
- O brahmanas, the rsi, who was born in the family of Angira Muni, hearing his son crying, gradually opened his eyes and saw the dead snake around his neck
- O King Pariksit, hearing the loud crying, all the inhabitants of the palace came, both men and women. Being equally aggrieved, they also began to cry. The queens who had administered the poison also cried pretentiously, knowing full well their offense
- O son of Surabhi, you need lament no longer now. There is no need to fear this low-class sudra. And, O mother cow, as long as I am living as the ruler and subduer of all envious men, there is no cause for you to cry. Everything will be good for you
- One hankers to revive his original condition and inquires how to do so. There are also deep thought, heavy breathing, crying and lamentation, as well as a changing of the bodily color and drying up of the tongue
- One meat-eater said, 'The Hindus say, "Krsna, Krsna," and they laugh, cry, dance, chant and fall on the ground, smearing their bodies with dirt
- One should not talk very loudly before the Deity. 14) One should not talk with others before the Deity. 15) One should not cry or howl before the Deity
- Overpowered by hunger and thirst, they ran to devour Brahma from all sides and cried, "Spare him not! Eat him up!"
- Passing along the beach, they saw a fisherman approaching with his net over his shoulder. Laughing, crying, dancing and singing, he kept repeating the holy name "Hari, Hari"
- Prahlada Maharaja has likened these pseudo occupational duties to a dark well. Prahlada has purposefully spoken of this dark well because if one falls into this well, he will die. He may cry for help, but no one will hear him or come to rescue him
- Prahlada sometimes cried, sometimes laughed, sometimes expressed jubilation and sometimes sang loudly because of advancement in Krsna consciousness
- Raising their necks, dogs cried here and there, now in the manner of singing and now of wailing
- Ramadasa Vipra was very pleased to receive the original leaf manuscript of the Kurma Purana, and he immediately fell down before the lotus feet of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu and began to cry
- Ravana means
- Regarding crying, when someone cries during kirtana, this crying is crying of the soul
- Rulers illegally gratify themselves at the cost of all comforts of the citizens, and thus the chaste mother earth cries to see the pitiable condition of her sons, both men and animals
- Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya cried in great ecstatic love. Then the Lord, accompanied by them all, went to the temple of Jagannatha
- Sex life is natural. It does not require any university education how to enjoy sex. They will enjoy it. Nobody... "Nobody is taught how to cry or how to laugh or how to enjoy sex life"
- She (Queen Suniti) said, You came to me crying, having been insulted by your stepmother, but I am unable to do any good for you
- Since Krsna was absent from home, His wife Satyabhama was present on the night Satrajit was murdered, and she began to cry, "My dear father! My dear father! How mercilessly you have been killed"
- Since the manifestation exists only in the middle - between the two points of unmanifestation - why should one cry for the body manifested in the interim?
- Sivananda Sena replied, "You crazy woman! Why are you needlessly crying? Let my three sons die for all the inconvenience we have caused Nityananda Prabhu"
- So long we are not again reestablished in our lost relationship with Krsna, we shall remain restless. That is our natural condition. Just like child is crying, restless. But when the mother takes the child on the lap, the child is immediately pacified
- Some of these symptoms (of subordinate ecstatic expressions of love) are dancing, falling down and rolling on the ground, singing and crying very loudly, bodily contortions, loud vibrations and yawning
- Sometimes at the time of death, they cry, that "I could not finish my business"
- Sometimes he (Narada) would laugh very loudly, sometimes he would cry very loudly, sometimes he would remain silent
- Sometimes I silently cried and prayed to Krishna that how I have lost this child, Kirtanananda. But I am sure that you cannot be lost because you chanted very nicely in Vrindaban
- Sometimes in Varanasi, a holy city for impersonalist scholars, there may be seen a sannyasi crying from hearing the glories of the Lord
- Sometimes it is found that a nondevotee who has practically no taste for Krsna and who follows no rules or regulations can, by practice, make a show of devotional symptoms, even crying in an assembly of devotees
- Sometimes the child cries for the mother's breast, but because the nurse thinks that it is due to pain within his stomach that he is crying, she supplies him some bitter medicine. The child does not want it, but he cannot refuse it
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was running very rapidly, and the girl was only a short distance away. Just then Govinda caught the Lord in his arms and cried, "It is a woman singing"
- Sri Panca-tattva themselves danced again and again and thus made it easier to drink nectarean love of Godhead. They danced, cried, laughed and chanted like madmen, and in this way they distributed love of Godhead
- Sri Sukadeva Gosvami continued: Accompanied by his wife, who was thus lamenting for her dead son, King Citraketu began crying loudly with an open mouth, being greatly aggrieved
- Srimati Sacimata thought that the body of Nimai was being smashed when He fell down so. She cried, "Alas!" and petitioned Lord Visnu
- Striking their breasts in affliction because their husbands had been killed by the arrows of Laksmana, the women embraced their respective husbands and cried piteously in voices appealing to everyone
- Such crying and laughing (of a child) is enjoyable to the parents and elderly members of the family, so the Lord (Krsna) would simultaneously cry and laugh in this way and merge His devotee-parents in the humor of transcendental pleasure
- Taking the food upon her lap, Mother was crying to think that all that food was very dear to her Nimai
- That day, a brahmana extended an invitation to Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu. When Govinda accepted only five gandas' worth of vegetables and a fourth of a pot of rice, the brahmana, in great despair, struck his head with his hand and cried, "Alas! Alas"
- That most obedient wife thus fell down at the feet of her dead husband and began to cry pitifully in that solitary forest. Thus the tears rolled down from her eyes
- The all-powerful Brahma, who was born from the lotus flower, pacified the boy with gentle words, accepting his request, and said: Do not cry. I shall certainly do as you desire
- The baby cried so much for breast milk that all the brahmanas were very unhappy. "Who will take care of this baby?" they said
- The boy (Srngi) was not happy because he committed a great mistake (cursing Maharaja Pariksit), and he wanted to be relieved of the burden on his heart by crying
- The boy began to cry and dance, and he chanted, "Krsna! Krsna!" Upon seeing his bodily symptoms and his chanting and dancing, all the devotees praised him for his great spiritual fortune
- The brahmana's wife delivered a male child, and as usual the child began to cry. But suddenly, within a few minutes, both the child and Arjuna’s arrows disappeared into the sky
- The brahmanas thought, "We can see that this sannyasi has a luster like the effulgence of Brahman, but how is it He is crying upon embracing a sudra, a member of the fourth caste in the social order"
- The brahmanas were rather surprised to see such a great sannyasi touch a sudra, and they were also surprised to see Ramananda Raya, who was a great governor and practically king of that province, crying simply by touching a sannyasi
- The calves do not suck the teats of the cows, nor do the cows give milk. They are standing, crying, tears in their eyes, and the bulls take no pleasure in the pasturing grounds
- The captivated heroine simply covers her face and goes on crying. When she hears sweet words from her lover, she is very satisfied
- The child cries to have the moon from the mother, and the mother gives the child a mirror to satisfy the crying and disturbing child with the reflection of the moon
- The child thus falls on the ground, smeared with stool and blood, and plays just like a worm germinated from the stool. He loses his superior knowledge and cries under the spell of maya
- The conditioned soul is sometimes illusioned and afraid. Sometimes he cries loudly out of fear. Sometimes he is happy maintaining his family, and sometimes he is overjoyed and sings melodiously
- The crying child of the Lord is given over to the reflection, the material world, to lord it over as karmi and to give this up in frustration to become one with the Lord. Both these stages are dreaming illusions only
- The demons who were born from the body of Brahma were called Yaksas and Raksasas because some of them cried that Brahma should be eaten and the others cried that he should not be protected
- The devotees of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu began their journey crying, while the Lord remained morosely at His residence
- The dog is crying, is crying at night because he has lost that woman. Is it not? Just see, even in the dog, what to speak of human being. So this is material life, to be affectionate unnecessarily
- The dryness of material happiness cannot be moistened by so-called philosophers who cry for Brahman, liberation and similar dry speculative objects
- The elephants, being beaten by the elephant-goad, were crying, but still the car would not move. The assembled people cried out, "Alas"
- The Emperor (Svayambhuva Manu) was unable to bear the separation of his daughter (Devahuti). Therefore tears poured from his eyes again and again, drenching his daughter's head as he cried, "My dear mother! My dear daughter!"
- The foolish politicians are crying that at any moment the world may go to hell. That is the result of the advancement of material knowledge and the neglect of the most important part of life, the culture of spiritual knowledge
- The Gaudiya-sampradaya, consisting of all the devotees from Bengal, began congregational chanting. When they met the Lord, they began to cry loudly in ecstatic love
- The goats, cows & buffalo traveled from one forest to another & entered the forest known as Isikatavi. This forest was full of green grass, & therefore they were allured; but when they entered, they saw that there was a forest fire, & they began to cry
- The lion asked the jackal: 'So who are you, sir?' 'I am sent by God to rule over you.' 'Oh' So they began to worship him as God, as leader. Then one day other jackals, they were crying, 'Wa, wa', but the jackals cannot stop. If others jackals cry
- The Lord was also filled with ecstatic love, and He embraced them all. Out of their love, they began to cry with pleasure
- The people said, "Simply by seeing Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, everyone is maddened with love of Krsna. Indeed, everyone is laughing, crying, dancing, chanting and taking the holy name of Krsna"
- The PG delivered the king of the elephants, who was attacked by an alligator and who meditated upon the lotus feet of the Lord. At that time the female elephants who accompanied him were crying, and the Lord saved them from the impending danger
- The seven combined ingredients of maha-bhava are pride, ambition, fear, dry artificial crying, anger, envy and mild smiling
- The shore of the lake was surrounded by clusters of pious trees and creepers, rich in fruits and flowers of all seasons, that afforded shelter to pious animals and birds, which uttered various cries. It was adorned by the beauty of groves of forest trees
- The sinful living entity cries very pitiably and faints, just like an innocent man undergoing punishments. This is the result of punishing a faultless person
- The so-called comfortable family position is compared to a dark well in a field. If one falls in a dark well covered by grass, his life is lost, despite his cry for rescue
- The society girl Pramloca, after giving birth to the child, immediately left for the heavenly kingdom. While the child was crying, the king of the moon took compassion upon her and saved her by putting his finger into her mouth
- Then the Lord embraced him and bade him farewell. Overwhelmed with ecstatic love, Raghunatha Bhatta began to cry due to imminent separation from Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- There are many types of transcendental ecstasies in the forms of crying, laughing, perspiring, falling down, and crying like a madman. All these symptoms are sometimes visible on the body of a devotee
- Thereafter the child, who was left to the care of the trees, began to cry in hunger. At that time the king of the forest, namely the king of the moon planet, out of compassion placed his finger, which poured forth nectar, within the child's mouth
- Thereafter, seeing Gajendra in that grave condition, his wives felt very, very sorry and began to cry. The other elephants wanted to help Gajendra, but because of the crocodile's great strength, they could not rescue him by grasping him from behind
- They (Nanda and Yasoda) embraced Balarama and, seating Him on their laps, began their perpetual crying, wetting Balarama with their tears
- They had no knowledge of the Lord's reality, and they cried, "May victory attend You! Pray dispatch him. Play no more with him"
- Thinking of her (Kunti's) birthplace and beginning to cry, she asked Akrura whether her father, mother, brothers, sisters and other friends at home still remembered her. She especially inquired about Krsna and Balarama, her glorious nephews
- Those who are very, very sinful, they cry, because they see horrible scenes at the time of death
- Those who shed tears by practice but whose hearts have not changed are to be known as stone-hearted devotees of the lowest grade. Their imitation crying, induced by artificial practice, is always condemned
- Thus injured all over his body and fainting at every step, he cries out, "Oh, what shall I do now! How shall I be saved!" This is how one suffers who deviates from the accepted religious principles
- Thus Murari Gupta cried the entire night. There was no rest for his mind; therefore he could not sleep but stayed awake the entire night
- Thus the man, who engaged with uncontrolled senses in maintaining a family, dies in great grief, seeing his relatives crying. He dies most pathetically, in great pain and without consciousness
- To take the jewel from the child, Krsna approached, stood before him. When the nurse taking care of Rksa's child saw Krsna standing before her, she was afraid, thinking He might take away the valuable Syamantaka jewel, and she cried out loudly in fear
- Understanding that he was remembered by Lord Krsna (while quitting this world), Vidura began to cry loudly, overwhelmed by the ecstasy of love
- Upon hearing the jackals crying in the forest of Vrndavana, mother Yasoda sometimes became very careful about keeping Krsna under her vigilance, fearing that Krsna might be attacked by them
- Upon meeting Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, Ramananda Raya offered his obeisances. The Lord embraced him, and both of them began to cry in the great ecstasy of love
- Upon seeing Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu, the two brothers were overwhelmed with joy, and out of humility they began to cry. Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu asked them to get up and assured them of all good fortune
- Upon seeing the action of Virabhadra, the party of Lord Siva was pleased and cried out joyfully, and all the bhutas, ghosts and demons that had come made a tumultuous sound
- Upon seeing this, Ravana's followers raised a tumultuous sound, crying, "Alas! Alas! What has happened? What has happened?"
- Urvasi treated the two lambs like her own sons. Therefore, when they were being taken by the Gandharvas and began crying, Urvasi heard them and rebuked her husband
- What can we do but tolerate it? The mother of a thief cannot cry loudly for justice when the thief is punished. Therefore we simply remain silent
- When a disciple misunderstands a bona fide spiritual master, the master regrets for his inability to protect the disciple and sometimes he cries with tears in the eyes. We had an experience while my Guru Maharaja was alive
- When a person is actually advanced & takes pleasure in chanting the holy name of the Lord, who is very dear to him, he is agitated, loudly chants the holy name. He also laughs, cries, becomes agitated, chants just like a madman, not caring for outsiders
- When a person is actually advanced and takes pleasure in chanting God's holy name, who is very dear to him, he is agitated & loudly chants the holy name. He laughs, cries, becomes agitated & chants like a madman, not caring for outsiders - CC Antya 3.179
- When a person is actually advanced and takes pleasure in chanting God's holy name, who is very dear to him, he is agitated & loudly chants the holy name. He laughs, cries, becomes agitated & chants like a madman, not caring for outsiders - CC Adi 7.94
- When Candresekhara came there, he fell down before the lotus feet of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu and began to cry. The Lord, standing up, embraced him out of His causeless mercy
- When Devananda was expounding the Mayavadi interpretation, Srivasa Thakura was once present in his meeting, and when he began to cry, Devananda's students drove him away
- When Dhruva Maharaja reached his mother, his lips were trembling in anger, and he was crying very grievously
- When everything was arranged, Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu circumambulated His mother and then started for Jagannatha Puri. In the house of Advaita Acarya there arose tumultuous crying
- When he entered the house to kill Satrajit, all the women there cried very loudly, but in spite of their great protests, Satadhanva mercilessly butchered Satrajit without hesitation, exactly as a butcher kills an animal in the slaughterhouse
- When he was dying he also saw that three ferocious persons, very fearful persons with rope in their hands, very fearful, he saw. Sometimes dying man cries because he sees that "Somebody has come to take me to Yamaraja." He sees, and he is very fearful
- When he went away to take up the renounced order of life (sannyasa), leaving home without undergoing reformation by the sacred thread or the ceremonies observed by the higher castes, his father, Vyasadeva, fearing separation from him, cried out, O my son
- When Krsnadasa saw that Caitanya Mahaprabhu was drowning, he cried and shouted very loudly. Balabhadra Bhattacarya immediately came and pulled the Lord out
- When one actually develops love of Godhead, he naturally sometimes cries, sometimes laughs, sometimes chants and sometimes runs here and there just like a madman
- When Salva was killed, all his soldiers and followers cried, "Alas! Alas!" While Salva's men were thus crying, the demigods from the heavenly planets showered flowers on Krsna
- When Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was apparently in an angry mood and chastising His devotees, many thousands of people outside loudly cried in a tumultuous voice, "All glories to Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu"
- When the boy did not regain consciousness after some time, Advaita Acarya and the other devotees began to cry
- When the boy returned to the hermitage, he saw a snake on his father's shoulder, and out of his grief he cried very loudly
- When the learned King returned to his palace, Devayani returned home crying and told her father, Sukracarya, about all that had happened because of Sarmistha. She told how she had been thrown into the well but was saved by the King
- When the Muslim heard Raghunatha dasa's appealing voice, his heart softened. He began to cry, and tears glided down his beard
- When the Queen cried, he also cried, and when the Queen laughed, he also laughed. When the Queen talked loosely, he also talked loosely, and when the Queen walked, the King walked behind her
- When the queens of the King of Usinara saw their husband lying in that position, they began crying, "O lord, now that you have been killed, we also have been killed." Repeating these words again and again, they fell down, pounding their breasts
- When the soul is gone from the body, why you are crying "My father is gone"? Why father is gone? Father is lying here. Then what you have seen? You have seen the dead body of your father, not your father
- When the teacher fell unconscious, his Buddhist disciples cried aloud and ran to the lotus feet of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu for shelter
- When there is emotion caused by seeing something very dear, one can speak very swiftly and use kind words. When there is emotion caused by seeing something detestable, one cries very loudly
- When Usa received the news that her father had arrested Aniruddha, she was overwhelmed with grief and confusion. Tears glided down from her eyes, and being unable to check herself, she began to cry very loudly
- When you are dreaming that there is a tiger, you are crying, that is not illusion. It is acting. Similarly, this material manifestation, it is not illusion, but for the time being it is illusion. We are attracted with this material world
- When you take the animal to the slaughterhouse for killing, he cries. Why? Because he's feeling pain. He knows that "I'm going to be killed." So there is soul. Soul is there
- While performing chanting of the holy name of the Lord, he sometimes cries, sometimes talks wildly, sometimes sings, and sometimes - without caring for any outsider - dances like a madman
- While Salva's men were thus crying, the demigods from the heavenly planets showered flowers on Krsna and announced the victory by beating drums and blowing bugles
- While she was thus thinking and crying, I immediately went there with great haste and ate everything. Seeing the dish empty, she wiped her tears away
- While Subhadra was thus being kidnapped by Arjuna, her relatives and family members began to cry, but still he took her, just as a lion takes his prey and departs
- While the queens were lamenting for the dead body of the King, their loud cries were heard even from the abode of Yamaraja. Assuming the body of a boy, Yamaraja personally approached the relatives of the dead body and advised them as follows
- While there was much roaring and crying at the Bhattathari community, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu grabbed Krsnadasa by the hair and took him away
- With great strength, the demons and demigods, who were all very powerful and who had long, stout arms, uprooted Mandara Mountain. Crying very loudly, they brought it toward the ocean of milk