Vivasvan | Vairaja | "Surya-narayana" | Surya | Surya's | Suryadeva
- Sūrya, Vivasvān
Subcategories Pages in category
This category has the following 9 subcategories, out of 9 total.
Pages in category "Vivasvan"
The following 49 pages are in this category, out of 49 total.
- After saying this, the sun-god discharged his semen into the womb of Prtha and then returned to the celestial kingdom. Immediately thereafter, from Kunti a child was born, who was like a second sun-god
- Arjuna said: The sun-god Vivasvan is senior by birth to You. How am I to understand that in the beginning You instructed this science to him?
- Arjuna said: The sun-god Vivasvan is senior by birth to You. How am I to understand that in the beginning You instructed this science to him? BG 4.4 - 1972
- In each and every planet there is a predominating deity. It is understood from Bhagavad-gita that in the sun there is a predominating deity named Vivasvan. Similarly, there is a predominating deity of the moon and of the various planets
- In this (the present) millennium King Satyavrata later became the son of Vivasvan, the king of the sun planet, and was known as Sraddhadeva. By the mercy of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, he was given the post of Manu
- In this dynasty the Supreme Personality of Godhead Narayana descended by His plenary expansion. The names of the sons of Aditi are as follows: Vivasvan, Aryama, Pusa, Tvasta, Savita, Bhaga, Dhata, Vidhata, Varuna, Mitra, Satru and Urukrama
- It (the Bhagavad-gita) was spoken to the sun-god Vivasvan because he is also a ksatriya and is the father of all ksatriyas who are descendants of the sun-god, or the surya-vamsa ksatriyas
- Manu is also mentioned in Bhagavad-gita (BG 4.1), where the Lord says: "I instructed this imperishable science of yoga to the sun-god, Vivasvan, and Vivasvan instructed it to Manu, the father of mankind, and Manu in turn instructed it to Iksvaku"
- Mayavada philosophy supports the impersonalist view that Narayana, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, has no form. One can imagine impersonal Brahman in any form - as Visnu, Lord Siva, Vivasvan, Ganesa or Devi Durga
- O King (Pariksit), I (Sukadeva Gosvami) have previously described (in the Sixth Canto) the two daughters of Visvakarma, named Samjna and Chaya, who were the first two wives of Vivasvan
- O King, best of the Bharata dynasty, from Vivasvan, by the womb of Samjna, Sraddhadeva Manu was born. Sraddhadeva Manu, having conquered his senses, begot ten sons in the womb of his wife, Sraddha. The names of these sons were Iksvaku, Nrga, Saryati
- Satyavrata, the saintly king of Dravidadesa who received spiritual knowledge at the end of the last millennium by the grace of the Supreme, later became Vaivasvata Manu, the son of Vivasvan, in the next manvantara
- Sukadeva Gosvami said: The present Manu, who is named Sraddhadeva, is the son of Vivasvan, the predominating deity on the sun planet. Sraddhadeva is the seventh Manu. Now please hear from me as I describe his sons
- Svayambhuva Manu and Vaivasvata Manu have similar duties. Vaivasvata Manu was born of the sun-god, Vivasvan, and his son was Iksvaku, the King of the earth
- Temple of Lord Surya
- The Blessed Lord said: I instructed this imperishable science of yoga to the sun-god, Vivasvan, and Vivasvan instructed it to Manu, the father of mankind, and Manu in turn instructed it to Iksvaku
- The Blessed Lord said: I instructed this imperishable science of yoga to the sun-god, Vivasvan, and Vivasvan instructed it to Manu, the father of mankind, and Manu in turn instructed it to Iksvaku. BG 4.1 - 1972
- The names of the twelve sons of Aditi are: Vivasvan, Aryama, Pusa, Tvasta, Savita, Bhaga, Dhata, Vidhata, Varuna, Mitra, Satru and Urukrama
- The present Manu, who is the seventh, is called Vaivasvata (the son of Vivasvan). Twenty-seven divya-yugas (27 x 4,320,000 solar years) of his age have now passed
- The seventh Manu, who is the son of Vivasvan, is known as Sraddhadeva. In this manvantara, or reign of Manu the seven sages are known as Kasyapa, Atri, Vasistha, Visvamitra, Gautama, Jamadagni and Bharadvaja
- The sun planet is predominated by fire. There are living entities also, and there is one principal living entity who is called the sun-god, Surya Narayana. Or, in the language of the Bhagavad-gita, he is called Vivasvan
- The sunshine is light, the sun globe itself is light, and the sun-god is also light. However, the sunshine is not identical with the sun-god, Vivasvan. This is the meaning of simultaneously one and different - acintya-bhedabheda-tattva
- There are living entities everywhere, not only one or two but jiva-rasibhih - many millions of living entities. Even on the sun there are living entities, although it is a fiery planet. The chief living entity on the sun is called Vivasvan - BG 4.1
- There is fourteen Manus in one day of Brahma, and this era is called Vaivasvata Manu, because he is the son of Vivasvan
- This present Manu under whom we are now living within this universe, he's the son of sun-god, Vivasvan. So he has got his different planet, as the sun has got different planet
- Vivasvan is in the Brahma Sampradaya. All the sampradayas are related with one another because the conclusion is the same: that Lord Krishna is the Supreme Personality of Godhead and the living entities are His eternal servants
- Vivasvan means the present predominating deity of the sun globe. Just like we have got a president, similarly, but he has got a particular name, similarly, the president of the sun globe is called Surya, Suryadeva. But he has got a particular name
- Vivasvan means the president of the sun globe, and his son is Manu. This is the time. This time is going on. It is called Vaivasvata Manu period. Vaivasvata means from Vivasvan, the son of Vivasvan. He is called Vaivasvata Manu
- Vivasvan, the sun-god, he explained to Manu, and Manu explained to his son (Iksvaku). In this way, by the disciplic succession the knowledge has come down
- Vivasvan, the sun-god, imparted Bhagavad-gita to one Manu, and this Manu imparted it to his son, who imparted it to yet another Manu. In this way the propagation of Krsna consciousness is never stopped