Category:Six Kinds and Types Of
"six kinds"|"six types"
This category has only the following subcategory.
Pages in category "Six Kinds and Types Of"
The following 63 pages are in this category, out of 63 total.
- A transcendentally situated Vaisnava is not subjected to the influence of the senses by the Lord's material rule of the six kinds of bodily changes (kama, krodha, lobha, moha, mada and matsarya), even when he plays the part of a grhastha
- According to Vedic injunctions there are six kinds of aggressors: 1) a poison giver, 2) one who sets fire to the house, 3) one who attacks with deadly weapons. BG 1972 purports
- According to Vedic injunctions there are six kinds of aggressors: 4) one who plunders riches, 5) one who occupies another's land, and 6) one who kidnaps a wife. BG 1972 purports
- All of them (demigods and sages) expanded their progeny to observe the order of the Lord to fill the universe with living entities. These six kinds of living entities are known as manus, devas, manu-putras, amsavataras, suresvaras and rsis
- Although Ramananda Raya was a householder, he was not under the control of the six kinds of bodily changes. Although apparently a pounds-and-shillings man, he advised even persons in the renounced order
- Any matter, any material thing you take, it does not exist. It has got a beginning and it has got an end, and in the middle there are so many disturbances - six kinds of changes in the matter
- Anyone who has become competent to control the tongue, to control the mind, to control the anger, to control the belly & control the genital, if 6 kind of control is there, he is fit for becoming spiritual master; he can make disciples all over the world
- Anyone who is well-versed in bhagavat-tattva-vijnanam, he can become guru. Not others. And in many places this is confirmed, that sat-karma-nipuno vipro. A brahmana, very well expert in his business. Brahmana's business means sat-karma, 6 kinds of karma
- Brahmana has six kinds of livelihood, sat-karma. Pathana pathana yajana yajana dana-pratigraha. Even such brahmana, if he's not Vaisnava, then he cannot become a guru. Avaisnava
- Brahmana means they have got six kinds of...
- Brahmanas are supposed to acquire six kinds of auspicious qualifications: they become expert in worshiping the Lord or the demigods (yajana), and they teach others how to execute this worship (yajana)
- Brahmanas are supposed to acquire six kinds of auspicious qualifications: they become very learned scholars (pathana) and very qualified teachers (pathana)
- Brahmanas are supposed to acquire six kinds of auspicious qualifications: they qualify themselves as bona fide persons to receive alms from others (pratigraha), and they distribute the wealth in charity (dana)
- By six kinds of activities you will lose your holding in Krsna consciousness. What is that? Atyaharah, too much eating. Ahara means collection or eating
- By these three divisions of advancement in yoga - yogaruruksu, yogarudha and prapta-siddhi - there are six kinds of mystic yogis
- Dadati pratigrhnati bhunkte bhojayate ca guhyam akhyati prcchati ca. Bhunkte bhojayate caiva sad-vidham priti-laksanam (NoI verse 4). Priti. If you want to make one friends, then these six kinds of dealings must be there
- Dadati pratigrhnati bhunkte bhojayate guhyam akhyati prcchati ca... You should not keep anything secret within your mind, and the lover should not keep anything secret within the mind. If these six kinds of exchanges are there, then there is love
- During the life of Svayambhuva Manu, six kinds of living entities were generated from the demigods known as the Tusitas, from the sages headed by Marici, and from descendants of Yajna, king of the demigods
- Even in ordinary social activities, these six types of dealings between two loving friends are absolutely necessary
- Everybody takes birth, then remains for some time, grows and then from the body some other bodies are also come out. In this way one becomes old; that means dwindling. And one day will come he'll be finished. These are called six kinds of transformation
- He (Krsna) is the Lord of the three principal potencies, namely cit-sakti, maya-sakti and tatastha-sakti, and He is the complete master of six kinds of fortune - wealth, strength, fame, beauty, knowledge and renunciation
- Her (Goddess Sarasvati) attention is always on the lawbooks given by great sages like Manu, and she is appareled in six kinds of expert knowledge - namely Vedic evidence, grammar, astrology, rhetoric, vocabulary and logic
- If a Brahmin has become very much expert in this six kinds of business," and mantra-tantra-visaradah, "and he knows also all the mantras and tantras, but he is impersonalist or voidist, then he cannot become guru
- In the Bhagavatam, He (Krsna) appears before His mother as Narayana, with four hands and the decorations of the six kinds of full opulences. BG 1972 purports
- In the material world there are six kinds of changes. First is birth, then growth, & then that which has been born & has grown stays for some time, produces some by-products, & then dwindles & finally vanishes. These six changes are called sad-vikara
- India there are six kinds of philosophies, but they are not recognized. Rsibhih, just like Devala Rsi, Narada Rsi, Vyasadeva, Asita Rsi, Valmiki Rsi, they are recognized. Rsibhir bahudha gitam. So they have got different philosophical ways to understand
- O SPG, the best of all persons to whom prayers are offered, I offer my respectful obeisances unto You because without rendering six kinds of devotional service unto You - who can achieve that which is meant for the paramahamsas?
- One can very easily understand that the material body is temporary, for it is generated at a certain date and ends at a certain date, after undergoing the six kinds of change, namely birth, death, growth, maintenance, transformation and dwindling
- Sahadeva said, "Because His (Krsna's) transcendental body is full of knowledge and bliss in eternity, He doesn't undergo the six kinds of material changes - birth, existence, growth, production, dwindling and vanishing"
- She (the goddess of learning) is appareled in six kinds of expert knowledge - namely Vedic evidence, grammar, astrology, rhetoric, vocabulary and logic
- The body is subject to six kinds of transformations. It takes its birth in the womb of the mother's body, remains for some time, grows, produces some effects, gradually dwindles, and at last vanishes into oblivion. BG 1972 purports
- The five sense organs through which knowledge is acquired are subjected to six kinds of whips: lamentation, illusion, infirmity, death, hunger and thirst
- The fruit of a tree grows and undergoes six kinds of change because of the presence of the tree. If there were no tree, there could be no question of the growth and maturity of fruit
- The International Society for Krishna Consciousness has been established to facilitate these six kinds of loving exchanges between devotees
- The life of the Krsna conscious society is nourished by these six types of loving exchange among the members; therefore people must be given the chance to associate with the devotees of ISKCON
- The love is already there. It has to awakened by a certain process. Dadati pratigrhnati bhunkte bhojayate guhyam akhyati prcchati ca sad-vidham priti-laksanam (Upadesamrta 4). These are six types of loving principles
- The seventh creation is that of the immovable entities, which are of six kinds: the fruit trees without flowers, trees and plants which exist until the fruit is ripe, creepers, pipe plants, creepers which have no support, and trees with flowers and fruits
- The six kinds of atmaramas render devotional service to Krsna without ulterior motives. The words 'munayah' and 'santah' indicate those who are very much attached to meditating upon Krsna
- The specific significance of the (Sudharma) assembly house was that anyone who entered it would be freed from the six kinds of material pangs, namely hunger, thirst, lamentation, illusion, old age and death
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead is always full with six kinds of opulences, and this is an instance of the opulence of renunciation
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead is fully equipped with six kinds of opulences, and King Prthu was also empowered in such a way that he could display these six opulences of the Supreme Personality of Godhead in full
- The two types of atmarama-yogis are called sagarbha and nigarbha. Each of these is divided into three; therefore there are six types of worshipers of the Supersoul
- There are different kinds of philosophers who have tried to understand the supreme source by their mental speculation. There are generally six kinds of mental speculators...
- There are six kinds of activities, honoring prasada, or spiritual food, given by the devotees, and (6) feeding the devotees with prasada
- There are six kinds of activities: (1) giving charity to the devotees, (2) accepting from the devotees whatever they may offer in return, (3) opening one's mind to the devotees, (4) inquiring from them about the confidential service of the Lord
- There are six kinds of association - giving charity, accepting charity, accepting food, offering food, talking confidentially and inquiring confidentially
- There are six kinds of atmaramas: one who desires to be liberated (mumuksu), one who is liberated even in this life (jivan-mukta), and one who is self-realized (prapta-svarupa)
- There are six kinds of atmaramas: one who is liberated even in this life (jivan-mukta), and one who is self-realized (prapta-svarupa)
- There are six kinds of atmaramas: the neophyte student (sadhaka), one who is absorbed in Brahman realization (brahma-maya), one who has already attained the Brahman position (prapta-brahma-laya)
- There are six kinds of rasas (tastes), and if one is agitated by any one of them, he becomes controlled by the urges of the tongue
- There are six types of incarnations (avataras) of Krsna. One comprises the incarnations of Visnu (purusa-avataras), and another comprises the incarnations meant for the performance of pastimes (lila-avataras)
- There was a soup made with fried urad dhal and mung dhal, defeating nectar. There were also sweet chutney and five or six kinds of sour preparations, beginning with badamla
- There were small cakes in sweet and sour sauce and five or six kinds of sour preparations. All the vegetables were so made that everyone present could take prasadam
- These six classes of smiling can be classified as major and minor. The major division includes smita, hasita and vihasita smiling, and the minor division includes avahasita, apahasita and atihasita smiling
- These six kinds of atmaramas engage in the loving service of Krsna. The varieties of service are indicated by adding 'ca,' and they also bear the meaning of 'api' ('indeed')