saying | sayings
Subcategories Pages in category
This category has the following 26 subcategories, out of 26 total.
- ► Mayavadis say God cannot Eat (1 P)
- ► Mayavadis say God cannot Hear (1 P)
- ► Mayavadis say God cannot See (1 P)
- ► Mayavadis say God has no Ears (1 P)
- ► Mayavadis say God has no Eyes (1 P)
- ► Mayavadis say God has no Form (4 P)
- ► Mayavadis say God has no Hands (2 P)
- ► Mayavadis say God has no Legs (2 P)
- ► Mayavadis say God is Blind (1 P)
- ► Mayavadis say God is Deaf (1 P)
- ► Mayavadis say God is Dumb (1 P)
- ► Mayavadis say God is Helpless (1 P)
- ► Mayavadis say God is Lame (1 P)
- ► Mayavadis say God is Poor Narayana (1 P)
Pages in category "Saying (noun)"
The following 27 pages are in this category, out of 27 total.
- Aditi appealed to her husband by saying that since even the supreme controller favors His devotees and since Indra, Kasyapa's devoted son, was in difficulty, Kasyapa should bestow his favor upon Indra
- All the Vaisnavas praised the drama, saying, "Very good, very good." They also desired that Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu hear the drama
- As stated in Caitanya-caritamrta (CC Antya 4.176): "In the material world, conceptions of good and bad are all mental speculations. Therefore, saying, 'This is good and this is bad,' is all a mistake"
- Sukadeva Gosvami continued: O best of the advanced Aryans, after saying this much to the sons of Prajapati Daksa, Narada Muni, whose merciful glance never goes in vain, left as he had planned
- Sukadeva Gosvami thanked the King for his eagerness to hear about Krsna, and he encouraged him by saying, "My dear King (Pariksit), your intelligence is very keen because you are so eager to hear about the pastimes of Krsna"
- The degree of intimacy shared by Krsna and Subala can be understood by the fact that the talks between them were so confidential that no one else could understand what they were saying
- The Lord never accepts any offering by such impure ghosts. There is a common saying that one should first love the dog of the beloved before one shows any loving sentiments for the beloved
- The popular saying is that a housewife teaches the daughter-in-law by teaching the daughter. Similarly, the Lord teaches the world by teaching the devotee
- The saying that the human form of life is the best position for devotional service has its special significance because only in this form can a living entity revive his eternal relationship with the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- There is a Bengali saying that if a vulture curses a cow to die, the curse will not be effective. Similarly, accusations made by demoniac persons against devotees of Krsna cannot have any effect
- There is a Bengali saying which describes that someone is so powerful that he can make the night day and the day night. That saying is current because of the prowess of Priyavrata. His activities demonstrate how powerful he became by worshiping God
- There is a common saying in Bengal that God has ten hands. This means that He has control everywhere - in the eight directions and up and down. If He wants to take everything away from us with His ten hands, we cannot protect anything with our two hands
- There is a common saying in Bengal that the Lord has ten hands. If He wants to bestow benedictions upon us with His ten hands, we cannot factually receive them all with our two hands; in other words, the benedictions exceed our ambitions
- There is a Sanskrit saying, Do according to the country's laws. If both the present husband and wife agree to divorce, then they can do it and re-marry, what can be done?
- There is one saying from Bible: 'Judge not, lest ye be judged.' So how we can preach unless we are able to make judgements? That will not be possible. Only those who are above suspicion can judge others
- This (Daksa saying that Siva is yaso-ghna, which means "one who spoils name and fame") can also be interpreted to mean that he was so famous that his fame killed all other fame
- This calculation of one year is history but the summer and winter seasons are also eternal. There is a saying, "History repeats itself." Why make a distinction between history and eternity. Things are happening eternally; this is history
- We are following the old principles. We do not say something new. The old saying, as Krsna said five thousand years ago
- What is the purpose of saying: "in that direction where Hari is situated?" During Hiranyakasipu's time, his influence was everywhere, but he could not force his influence into the places where the Supreme Personality of Godhead had His pastimes