Category:Said by Devotees of God
This category has the following 4 subcategories, out of 4 total.
Pages in category "Said by Devotees of God"
The following 66 pages are in this category, out of 66 total.
- A devotee female said, "I have been so attracted by Your beauty that I wish that You accept me as Your conjugal lover"
- A devotee once said, "It is very astonishing that since I have seen this Personality of Godhead who is washed by the tears of my eyes, there is shivering of my body, and He has made me a failure in executing my material duties"
- A devotee said, "He is the supreme Param-brahma in His eternal transcendental form of a cloudy blackish complexion. Now I shall give up my affection for my material body, which is nothing but a bunch of flesh and blood"
- A devotee said, "In this state of consciousness I am so condemned that I cannot relish the transcendental ecstasy of remembering the S P of Godhead." In this statement there are two ecstatic loving humors, namely neutrality and ghastliness"
- A devotee said, "Since seeing Him I cannot remain silently at home. I wish to go out to Him always"
- A devotee says there, "My dear Vasundhara, any person who goes to Vrndavana and sees the Deity of Govindadeva is free from the courthouse of Yamaraj and is allowed to enter into the highest planetary system, in which reside the demigods"
- A devotee says, "I am always swimming in the nectarean ocean of the pastimes of the SPG & I have no more attraction for religious rituals, economic development, sense gratification, or even the ultimate salvation of merging into the existence of Brahman"
- According to Srimad-Bhagavatam (SB 10.47.61): Uddhava said - Let me become one of Vrndavana’s herbs and plants that are trampled by the gopis, who gave up all connections with family and friends and decided to worship the lotus feet of Mukunda
- According to Srimad-Bhagavatam (SB 10.47.61): Uddhava said - Those lotus feet (of gopis) are sought by all great saintly persons expert in the study of Vedic literature
- All the devotees condemned Ramacandra Puri, saying, "This sinful man has come here and taken our lives"
- All the devotees then went to Haridasa Thakura, saying, "The Lord wants to meet you. Please come immediately"
- Another devotee said, "My dear friend, my youthful beauty is as temporary as lightning in the sky, and therefore, my possessing attractive bodily features is unimportant"
- Arjuna said in the Bhagavad-gita that controlling the mind is as impractical as stopping the blowing of a hurricane
- He (Arjuna) said that although he could get a kingdom by fighting with his relatives, he did not want to fight with them. But when he was ordered by Krsna and convinced by the teachings of Bhagavad-gita that his duty was to satisfy Krsna, then he fought
- He (Pariksit Maharaja) said that even greatly learned scholars fail to know about that, even after great effort. The Lord is unlimited, and His activities are also unfathomed
- He falsely claims that, "I have become God now." Does it mean amanitvam? And here, Vaisnava says, gopi-bhartuh pada-kamalayor dasa-dasanudasah (CC Madhya 13.80). This is amanitvam. - I am servant of the servant
- I accept it as the truth because it has been said by devotees. Since He is the source of all incarnations, everything is possible in Him
- In Bhakti-rasamrta-sindhu, Srila Rupa Gosvami says that if one poses himself as advanced in spiritual life but does not refer to the srutis and smrtis he is simply a disturbance in society
- In Padyavali a devotee says , "As for us we are simply attached to the Supreme Personality of Godhead, who is by nature so pleasing, who possesses a complexion like a blackish cloud"
- In Padyavali a devotee says, "Persons who are attached to speculative knowledge for self realization, who have decided that the supreme truth is beyond meditation and who have thus become situated in the modes of goodness"
- In reply (Lord Caitanya), Ramananda Raya said - I do not think I have anything to say beyond this, but there is a topic known as prema-vilasa-vivarta, which I may explain to You. I do not know whether it will bring You happiness or not
- In the Brahma-samhita it is stated: Let me worship - Lord Brahma said - the SP of Godhead, Govinda (Krsna), who is the original person and under whose order the sun, which is the king of all planets, is assuming immense power and heat. BG 1972 purports
- In this verse (in SB 3.21.19) two important words nullify the impersonalist theory that everything is God. Here Kardama says: O Personality of Godhead, You are alone, but You have various energies
- It is in good words, vimukta-maninah. Because it is said by Vyasadeva or a devotee, little respectful, vimukta-maninah, falsely thinking that he has become liberated
- It is not possible for a tiny human being to estimate the purpose and plans of such activities; therefore Srila Jiva Gosvami has said that unless the Lord's activities are accepted as inconceivable, they cannot be explained
- It is said by Prahlada Maharaja, punah punas carvita-carvananam: (SB 7.5.30) they (grhamedhis) prefer to chew the already chewed
- It is said that a Vaisnava does not accept anything eatable that is not offered to Lord Visnu, but on Ekadasi a Vaisnava should not touch even maha-prasadam offered to Visnu, although such prasadam may be kept for being eaten the next day
- Maharaja Pariksit also said - Somehow or other they have fallen down to a hellish life, but that does not mean that they should remain in that condition. There must be some means by which they can be delivered, so kindly explain those means
- My dear Lord, he (Dhruva Maharaja) said, "I am fully satisfied. I do not ask for any benediction for material sense gratification"
- Nanda Maharaja and the others said: We must previously have constructing public roads and wells, and also given charity, as a result of which this boy (Krsna), although faced with death, has returned to give happiness to His relatives - SB 10.7.32
- Nanda Maharaja and the others said: We must previously have performed austerities for a very long time as a result of which this boy (Krsna), although faced with death, has returned to give happiness to His relatives - SB 10.7.32
- Nanda Maharaja and the others said: We must previously have performed pious activities for public life as a result of which this boy (Krsna), although faced with death, has returned to give happiness to His relatives - SB 10.7.32
- Nanda Maharaja and the others said: We must previously have worshiped the Supreme Personality of Godhead, as a result of which this boy (Krsna), although faced with death, has returned to give happiness to His relatives - SB 10.7.32
- Nanda Maharaja said: My dear great sage (Garga Muni), if you think that your performing this process of purification will make Kamsa suspicious, then secretly chant the Vedic hymns and perform the purifying process of second birth here - SB 10.8.10
- Narottama dasa Thakura said, krodha bhakta-dvesi jane. We have anger, and that anger can be a great quality when directed against a person who is envious of the Supreme Personality of Godhead or His devotee
- One devotee boldly said, "My dear Lord, now I am turning my face from any thought of association with young girls. As far as Brahman realization is concerned, I have lost all interest, because I am completely absorbed in thinking about You
- One devotee has said, "I know about Narayana, the husband of the goddess of fortune, and I also know about many other incarnations of the Lord"
- One devotee said that even when he was not very attentive he would sometimes, seemingly out of madness, remember the lotus feet of Krsna within his heart. This is an instance of remembrance resulting from constant practice
- One devotee said, "I am nicely educated, but my education has simply been used in government service. I have not considered formidable time, stronger than anything else, which creates and annihilates everything"
- One devotee said, "My dear Govinda, here is a nice flowery bush in Kailasa. I am a young girl, and You are a young poetic boy. After this, what more can I say? You just consider." This is an example of uparasa, caused by impudence in conjugal love
- One devotee said, "My dear Mukunda, I cannot properly express the glories of Your pastimes. Even when the nondevotees hear of Your glorious pastimes they become affected and shed tears and start to tremble"
- One devotee said, "Shall I execute devotional service from here at home? This I cannot do, because my mind is being attracted by the transcendental land of Vrndavana"
- One devotee said, "This night I was dreaming of collecting various flowers from the garden, and I was thinking of making a garland to offer to Krsna. But I am so unfortunate that all of a sudden my dream was over, & I could not achieve my desired goal!"
- One devotee said, "To whom shall I leave all of my wealth and fortune? I am becoming older and older. What shall I do"
- One devotee said, "You are the same Supreme Person, so how shall my tongue be so extraordinarily bold as to address You as an ordinary son"
- Pariksit Maharaja said that although one may cleanse himself in the process of atonement, if he again commits the same sinful acts, what is the use
- Pariksit Maharaja said: "It is not that if I say there is no God that there will be no God or that I will not be responsible for what I do." The atheists deny God due to their sinful activities
- Pariksit Maharaja said: kvacin nivartate 'bhadrat kvacic carati tat punah prayascittam ato 'partham: (SB 6.1.10) Repetitive sinning and atoning seem to me like nothing but a waste of time
- Pariksit Maharaja, who was very intelligent, said - By atonement one can become free from sinful activity, but suppose a man has committed murder and then is killed
- Prahlada Maharaja, a great devotee and authority in our line said, Krishna consciousness should be taught from the beginning of Childhood
- Sanatana did not like the idea of the servant carrying such money. He became angry with him and said, "Why do you carry this death knell on the road?
- Some devotees say that Thakura Saranga dasa was formerly Prahlada Maharaja, but Sri Kavi-karnapura says that his father, Sivananda Sena, does not accept this proposition
- Someone sent a young prostitute to disturb Haridasa Thakura, and upon hearing her appeals for intercourse, Haridasa Thakura said - Yes, your proposal is very nice. please sit down and let me finish my chanting, and then we shall enjoy
- Srila Bilvamangala Thakura has said, muktih svayam mukulitanjali sevate ‘sman: liberation stands at one’s door, ready to render any kind of service, if one is a pure devotee with unflinching faith and reverence. This the Mayavadis cannot tolerate
- Srila Krsnadasa Kaviraja, the author of Caitanya-caritamrta, has said, As there is a difference between iron and gold, so there is a difference between material lust and Krsna's loving affairs with the gopis - CC Adi 4.164
- Srila Narottama dasa Thakura has said, anya-devasraya nai, tomare kahinu bhai, ei bhakti parama-karana: if one wants to become a pure, staunch devotee, one should not take shelter of any of the demigods or -goddesses
- The devotees gave their opinion and said, "The Lord will never meet the King, and if we requested Him to do so, the Lord would surely feel very unhappy"
- They (the confidential devotees) have knowledge of how to do this. When Prahlada Maharaja met Lord Nrsimha-deva, he said: My dear Lord," Prahlada began - I am not very anxious for my own deliverance
- When Dhruva Maharaja saw the Lord in his presence, he said, svamin krtartho'smi varam na yace: (CC Madhya 22.42) "My dear Lord, I have nothing to ask from You. Now I am completely satisfied
- When friends would request, "My dear Prahlada, just play. This is tiffin hour," so he said - No, no, no, no. My dear friends, kaumara acaret prajno dharman bhagavatan iha. Immediately. We are now young boys. This is the time to learn
- When one great devotee of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu saw the Lord, he said that all his desires were fulfilled. He said, "Today everything is auspicious. Today my birthplace and neighborhood are completely glorified"