proof | proofing | proofs
Subcategories Pages in category
This category has the following 6 subcategories, out of 6 total.
Pages in category "Proof"
The following 73 pages are in this category, out of 73 total.
- Analogy is not proof; sastra is proof. Foolish people cannot understand or accept, so we use analogy
- Anyone who does not give evidences, proof, from the sastra, then na siddhim sa avapnoti, he does not get at any time success, na sukham, neither any happiness in this material world, na param gatim, and what to speak of elevation in the next life
- Anything not supported by the Vedic principles must be considered imaginary and lacking in standard proof. Therefore no impersonalist explanation of any Vedic literature can be accepted
- As far as the soul's existence is concerned, no one can establish his existence experimentally beyond the proof of sruti, or Vedic wisdom
- Atheists want evidence for the resultant actions of past activities. Therefore they ask, "Where is the proof that I am suffering and enjoying the resultant actions of past karma?"
- Because I (Brahma) have caught hold of the lotus feet of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Hari, with great zeal, whatever I say has never proved to have been false
- Beyond such evidence (namely direct perception, hypothesis and traditional authority) there is no proof. There is not much controversy regarding direct perceptional evidence or authorized traditional evidence
- Brahma replied, "Are You not Narayana? You are certainly Narayana. Please listen as I state the proofs"
- Brahma-bandhu means a person who is born of a brahmana father but whose activities are not up to the standard of the brahmanas. Such a person is not a brahmana but a brahma-bandhu. Daksa proved himself to be a brahma-bandhu
- By the parampara system, one who has got the knowledge, he's a spiritual master, and the proof is - how one is spiritual master - that means parampara, as Krsna says. He does not change the words of Krsna, but he follows the words of Krsna
- Here is clear proof (those two principal doorkeepers of the Personality of Godhead have now entered the womb of Diti) of how a living entity coming originally from Vaikunthaloka is encaged in material elements
- How can you boastly say that "I don't believe in God"? This very power of speaking is the proof that there is the greatest authority who gives you everything
- I am in the fourth class of the social order, and I engage in mundane affairs. Although I am very fallen, You have still touched me. This is proof that You are the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- I have read it, and am glad that you have understood the matter so thoroughly, and have now substantiated your conclusions with so much scriptural proof. Actually, that is our method of preaching, simply to repeat the message as it is
- I like this marriage ceremony because it has given practical proof of my ideas that boys and girls of this country better be married and engaged in preaching work
- If one argues, "What is the purpose of this sinful creation and annihilation?" the answer is that to prove His (the Supreme Lord's) omnipotence He can do anything, and no one can question Him
- If we want to interpret the Vedic version, we must imagine an interpretation according to what we want to do. We set forth such an interpretation as a suggestion or hypothesis. As such, it is not actually true, and the self-evident proof is lost
- In the material world the Supreme Personality of Godhead is not manifested by His personal presence, but the presence of the cosmic manifestation in different varieties is the proof that everything has been created under His direction
- It is not that we are simply chanting and dancing. If you are philosopher, if you are scholar, if you are scientist, we can give you proof in a scientific way, in a philosophical way, scholarly way; therefore these books are there
- It is said that without being a qualified brahmana one should not read the mantras of the Vedas. Here is the proof that the brahmanas were qualified with all the brahminical symptoms. Maharaja Nanda also had full faith in them
- It is theoretically true and has been practically proven that a devotee can give the best service to his family, his community, his society and his nation
- Persons, still more foolish than the gross materialists claim to be transcendentalists and claim to have such supreme all-pervading consciousness, but offer no proof
- Preach this truth to the world, that "You are all rascals. Why you are thinking independently?" Huh? "Why I am rascal?" "Because you are thinking independently. That is the proof that you are a rascal"
- Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya replied, "My dear Gopinatha Acarya, please speak with great care. What is the proof that you have received the mercy of the Lord"
- Simply with His fists He (Balarama) struck the collarbone of the gorilla (Dvivida). This blow proved fatal to Dvivida, who immediately vomited blood and fell unconscious upon the ground. When the gorilla fell, all the hills and forests appeared to totter
- Since everyone had previously tasted these ingredients, why had they become extraordinary and spiritually delicious? This was proof that food, prasadam, becomes uncommonly flavorful and delicious by touching Krsna's lips
- Somehow or other, if one meets a saintly person and achieves his favor, then the entire mission of one's human life is fulfilled. In our personal experience we have actual proof of this statement of Manu
- Sometimes we dream of coming to a place we have never known or experienced in this lifetime, but this is proof that in a past life we experienced this. The impression is kept within the mind and sometimes becomes manifest either in dream or in thought
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu purified me by taking away my deerskin. This is proof that He is all-pervasive and all-powerful and that I am subordinate to Him
- Sri Jiva Gosvami has given definite proofs from authoritative scriptures (like Visnu-dharmottara, Markandeya Purana, Harivamsa, etc.) that there is always a devastation after the end of each and every Manu
- Tangibility is the proof of form. In actuality, objects are perceived in two different ways. They are either soft or hard, cold or hot, etc. This tangible action of the tactile sense is the result of the evolution of air, which is produced from the sky
- The actions of Sri Advaita Prabhu give tangible proof of inconceivable nondualism. One who therefore surrenders unto Sri Advaita Prabhu can easily follow the philosophy of inconceivable simultaneous dualism and monism
- The asuras do not accept any evidential proof from the revealed scriptures, nor do they recognize the authority of the great acaryas. They want to see with their own eyes at once
- The Bhagavata says that system of religion is the first class wherein love of Godhead is aroused spontaneously without any material impediment. So our movement gives practical proof that there is no impediment of body or mind
- The conversation between Lord Sri Krsna and the brahmana is proof that the Lord in His arca-murti, or form made of material elements, is not material, for those elements, although separated from the Lord, are also a part of the Lord’s energy
- The disciples of Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya retaliated, "By what evidence do you conclude that Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu is the Supreme Lord?" Gopinatha Acarya replied, "The statements of authorized acaryas who understand the S P of Godhead are proof"
- The living entity does not think there can be any activities that are actually based on intelligence beyond the construction of skyscrapers and big roads and the manufacturing of cars. This is proof of mayayapahrta-jnana, or loss of all intelligence
- The Lord's forms are proof of His inconceivable qualities. Although the Lord maintains innumerable universes within the period of His breath, He is dressed with a form exactly like that of a human being. That does not mean that He is a human being
- The proof of Prahlada's natural devotion is that even when he was a small child he did not play with his playmates, but was always eager to preach the glories of the Lord
- The proof that the spiritual master is bona fide is his invincible faith in God, which protects him from the calamity of impersonalism
- The statements of the Bhagavad-gita (BG 1.1) are themselves proof that there is a place of eligious pilgrimage named Kuruksetra where the Pandavas and Kurus met to fight. After meeting there, what did they do? This was Dhrtarastra’s inquiry to Sanjaya
- The topmost transcendentalist is not interested in anything material, and his taking interest in the matter of the Lord's activities is definite proof that the Lord is not like one of us in the material world
- The Veda-mantras are all practical, and the proof is rejuvenation of the sacrificed animal
- There are sufficient scriptural proofs to substantiate that Lord Krsna is the Supreme Absolute Truth. Even scriptures like the Bible or the Koran, declare that the Absolute Truth is the all-powerful, all knowing Supreme Person
- There is a brahmana. What is the proof now that he is a brahmana? He has got a sacred thread, that's all. Or thread. It may not be sacred; purchased on the market
- There is no need to conduct research into the significance of the chanting of the Hare Krsna mantra. The history of Ajamila is sufficient proof of the power of the Lord's holy name and the exalted position of a person who chants the holy name incessantly
- There is soul. This is the proof there is soul. This is the proof. What is that proof? First of all there is consciousness. This is the proof. But you cannot measure. The place is also located. The soul is there in the heart
- They (The hippies) are becoming free from all sinful activities, such as illicit sex, intoxication, meat-eating and gambling. This is practical proof of the effectiveness of the Hare Krsna movement
- This (how one's bodily features is the result of past activities) is proof of the transmigration of the soul through different types of bodies
- This incident (of The Lord giving Pariksit a second body in the womb after it was destroyed by Asvatthama's brahmastra) is the direct proof that the body and the living entity, the spiritual spark, are different
- This is the proof of Dvaraka's opulence: all the Brahmas thought, 'Krsna is now staying in my jurisdiction'
- This proof, that from life, life is coming, there is proof, so many proof. A man, animal, trees - everything is coming from life. Up till now, nobody has seen that a man is born from a stone. Nobody has seen
- Those who are not in Krsna consciousness are simply wasting their time, and they have no tangible proof of spiritual life
- We have got proof. Krsna says; we believe in Krsna. You believe in some rascal; we believe in Krsna. That is the difference
- What is the proof that he has come under the disciplic succession? Brahma-nistham. Brahma-nistham means he is fully convinced about the Supreme Absolute Truth. So there you have to surrender. Pranipata
- When a man is angry he expresses such anger with red-hot eyes and sometimes makes a display of clenching his fists or kicking his legs. This exhibition of the Rudra principle is the proof of Rudra's presence in such places
- Why they cannot produce life from matter? What is the value of their statement? That they have not been able to do. Where is the proof that from matter life comes? You do it
- You are a sincere devotee from the very beginning, coming from a very respectable family, intelligent, and your humbleness is a proof of your high parentage
- You cannot give up even smoking. You are in higher level of consciousness? So what is the proof that you are on the higher level of the consciousness? You cannot give up even ordinary things