Prabhupada Speaks - Lectures, 1977
- ♫ Click into a page that catches your attention and start hearing short audio clips of Srila Prabhupada's Vani. Each page has an audio clip of between 1 to 15 minutes.
Pages in category "Prabhupada Speaks - Lectures, 1977"
The following 94 pages are in this category, out of 94 total.
- A student is admitted in the school for learning ABCD, and if he follows the rules and regulations and continues his studies regularly, then one day he would be able to pass M.A. examination, so from the very beginning we have to execute these processes
- Action and reaction means
- Actually, sastra is not for the loafer class. For highly learned brahmanas and highly elevated ksatriyas. And the vaisyas and the sudras, they are not expected to become very learned in sastra
- Always think like that, that as soon as you are chanting Hare Krsna, you must know that you are touching Krsna with your tongue
- Americans, they are not allowed to see Jagannatha temple. What Prabhu Bhaktivedanta is doing? What he's doing for them?
- And not only he (Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura) preached, but he trained up many disciples to preach this Krsna consciousness all over the world. So by his grace we are also endeavoring to do something. This is called parampara system
- As soon as the parampara system is not accepted, the so-called commentary on Bhagavad-gita is lost or rotten. So you are interested with the rotten commentary of so-called politicians, scholars. So how you'll get the benefit? Therefore it is chaotic
- As you are hearing the message of Srimad Bhagavatam or Bhagavad-gita, the process is vidhunoti, washing. Actually, it is brainwashing - but for good. Washing is not bad
- At the present moment we have no natural attraction for Krsna; therefore we must understand by knowledge what is Krsna. That is Krsna tattva vetta
- Balarama means guru-tattva. Balarama represents guru. Yasya prasadad bhagavat-prasadah. If we want to understand Caitanya Mahaprabhu, if we want to understand Krsna, then we must take shelter of Balarama
- Believe it! There is no more superior authority than Krsna
- Bombay is the best city in India, and people are also very advanced, enlightened. So let us combine together and develop this institution for the whole human society. That is our ambition. It is not for any sect or any creed or any particular class of men
- By taking shelter of the lotus feet of Caitanya Mahaprabhu, these Europeans & Americans, although they are supposed to be born in mleccha, yavana family, they are taking Krsna consciousness so seriously. Otherwise it is very difficult to understand Krsna
- First thing is, first business, is to accept a bona fide guru. Otherwise there is no devotion. It is simply false imitation. This is the injunction of Rupa Gosvami in Bhakti-rasamrta sindhu
- For Krsna you can endeavor multifariously. That is wanted. That is the contribution of Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati. Before that, Vaisnavas, they used to live retired life in Vrndavana or some other place - no preaching activities
- God is there. There is no doubt of it, but because, due to our foolishness, we think there is no God, there is no father, that is our foolishness. But what is that God, how He is, what is His business, how He is formed - all these things we want to learn
- Gurudeva said the only aim of human being is to surrender to Sri Krsna, to the lotus feet of Sri Krsna. In India especially, there are so many temples and gods and goddesses...
- I ask you, Prabhu, what is that dharma-ksetra and kuru-ksetra?
- If death takes place, let it take here. So there is nothing to be said new. Whatever I have to speak, I have spoken in my books. Now you try to understand it and continue your endeavor
- If God is everywhere, why His presence not felt by everybody?
- If we be the parcels of God, then what about prarabdha? We are suffering from pain and pleasure...
- If you are actually hankering after Krsna - Krsna is within yourself - He will give you a guru. He will give you a guru. Guru-krsna-krpaya. But we must be fortunate to get real guru. If I am unfortunate, I'll not get a guru
- In execution of my devotional service there may be so many dangers, but because I have taken shelter of Krsna's lotus feet, I am safe
- Is it so, that in Srimad-Bhagavata it is also written, many really great men want to be here in Kali-yuga, because it is easier to be for salvation?
- Is worshiping the idol a stepping stone?
- It is individual. If this movement cannot be taken massively, every individual can practice it
- Jatayu attacked him on the sky: "Who are you? You are taking away Sita. I shall fight you." So Ravana was very powerful. He was defeated, Jatayu, but he fought. That is his service. Never mind defeated. Similarly, we have to fight
- Just like Krsna comes upon this earth once in Brahma's day. So so many millions of years, Krsna will appear again, if not personally, by His expansion, amsena. Caitanya Mahaprabhu will appear exactly in due course of time
- Krsna and maya; light and shadow. If you don't serve Krsna, then you have to serve maya. And those who are serving maya in the name of Krsna, they are called Mayavadi
- Krsna understands everything, that who is worshiping Him with love and affection and who is worshiping Him for some material gain. Krsna is nobody's servant
- May I know the distinction between Krsna consciousness and supramental consciousness described by Sri Aurobindo?
- My Guru Maharaja, Bhaktisiddhanta, he was not that type of Vaisnava. That is his special gift. He wanted every one of his disciples to go and preach the cult of Krsna consciousness. Caitanya Mahaprabhu wanted
- My next question is, I don't think God is opposed to sex
- My only request is that all the leaders of the society, they should come forward, study this movement and take to it. That will be beneficial
- My only request is: the leaders of India should now come forward and join this movement and take this advantage of doing good to the whole world, para-upakara
- One in million get a chance to get a real spiritual guide. There are so many in the name of spiritual guide. And he will false pray because his inner soul hankers and inner soul thinks that "This is my guru, and somehow I will accept whatever he says"
- Only scarcity is Krsna consciousness. Only scarcity. Otherwise there is no scarcity. Everything is full. And if you take the instruction of Krsna you will be happy immediately. You can make the whole world happy
- Our first principle is that we have to disregard the persons who are very much anxious to establish that isvara and Paramesvara, or the living entity and the Supreme Person, they are equal
- Our only request is that India should not be misled by imitating the Western type of civilization
- Our request is that if you at all want to understand what is God, don't go to the Mayavadi or Sunyavadi, but try to understand about God from God Himself
- Pasandi means devil, or nondevotee. Abhakta hina cara. Be careful not to mix with nondevotee who imagines about God
- Prahlada Maharaja is one of the mahajanas, authorized persons, authorized devotee. We should try to follow him
- Prahlada Maharaja, being very exalted devotee, he could appease the Lord. Bhaktya, by bhakti, you can control the Supreme Lord. That is the only way
- Simply we remain stuck up in Deity worship, we do not feel for others -- na canyesu na tad-bhakta -- you do not know who is devotee, how to worship him, then we remain kanistha-adhikari
- Sir, what is the difference between renunciation and surrender?
- So bhakti-marga is not very difficult. Very easy. Any child can do it. Any child, if he sees the form of Lord Krsna in the temple, he remembers, and he continues to think of Krsna
- So our this movement is based on practical activity. Whatever talent you have got, whatever little strength you have got, education you have got... You haven't got to learn anything
- Some of our devotees, they left, that "There is no bhajana here," and asking me my blessing to find out another guru. So he wants my blessing for find out a guru. So this rascaldom is no good. So best thing is that mahajano yena gatah sa panthah
- Some of our so-called devotees, they criticize me that I have limited only sixteen rounds. No, why sixteen rounds? You can make three hundred rounds, but minimum, minimum sixteen rounds, because we are not accustomed to devote much time
- Sridhara Swami has said that mukti is also another cheating. Why mukti? Krsna does not demand that "Unless you are mukta, liberated, you cannot serve." No. You can serve in any condition. Ahaituky apratihata
- Swamiji, they read a lot that Bhagavata says that our body is a temple for the soul, and the soul is a temple for the spirit. Would you kindly enlighten us on this point?
- That is my ambition. Take Indian culture and help with American money. The whole world will be happy
- The important visitor is waiting for one hour. So this is enjoyment. The Prime Minister is not the horse, but he is enjoying taking his grandchild on the back and he was playing like a horse and the grandchild was, 'Hut Hut Hut Hut'
- The karmis, they are more and more becoming entangled: "Give me this, give me that, give me that"; ultimately, "Give me the post of Brahma," "Give me the post of Indra." So their business is simply "give me"
- The living entity which is moving the body, that is superior energy
- The name is power, and to utter name...?
- The real problem of life is not to adjust things materially, change from one form of government to another form of government. These things are temporary things. It will not give relief
- Then this monism and dualism, then what about the Visista-advaita?
- There is a very nice interesting story that the big Prime Minister Gladstone...
- These divisions are required. Mukha means brahmana, bahu means ksatriya, and uru means the vaisya, and pada means sudra. The body can be maintained when four things are properly maintained
- They (Sanatana and Rupa Gosvami) resigned the high post of ministership and joined Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu for pushing on and on this Krsna consciousness movement
- This black snake is less harmful than the man snake. Why? Now, this black snake, by chanting some mantra or by some herb can bring him under your control. But this man snake you cannot. It is not possible
- This has become a fashion, to equalize Narayana with everyone
- This is special concession to the Kali-yuga, that there are so many faults in this age, but if one sticks to this principle of kirtanad eva krsnasya mukta-sangah param vrajet, he becomes liberated and go back to home, back to Godhead
- This Krsna consciousness movement is trying to reestablish daiva-varnasrama, where brahmana, ksatriya, vaisya, sudra, everyone. Systematic. We are therefore proposing to start a college, varnasrama college
- Those who are opposing Krsna consciousness movement, we have to fight with them to our best capacity. Never mind if we are defeated. That is also service. Krsna sees the service. Defeated or victorious, depend on Krsna. But fighting must be there
- Vaisnava aparadha is a great offense
- Vaisnava is always humble -- meek and humble. That is Vaisnava. Vaisnava is powerful, but still he is very meek and humble
- Vedic instruction is acintya khalu ye bhava na tams tarkena yo jayet: "Do not apply your poor logic in the matters which is inconceivable by you"
- Very risky life if we do not awaken our divya-jnana. We should always remember this. Very risky life -- once again thrown into the waves of birth and death
- We are seeking pleasure within this material world. That is imitation. That is not real enjoyment. But the basic principle of enjoyment is there. Here there is imitation enjoyment - love between young boy, young girl is there. So wherefrom it comes?
- We have to train up the mind until we get the another body. That is the art of living. So if you train up your mind simply to think of Krsna, then you are safe. Otherwise there is chance of accidents
- We should always remember that. Don't bring any material desire in executing devotional service. Then it is not pure
- We should not remain vimudha. We should become intelligent. And to make us intelligent, Krsna comes, Krsna's devotees come, some messenger comes. And Srila Bhaktisiddhanta is one of the messengers of Krsna Caitanya to preach Krsna consciousness
- We should not take lessons of God from these rascals. We should take lessons of God from sastra, from guru and from sadhu -- one who has seen God, tattva-darsina
- We should not waste our valuable time in any other occupation or business. Simply inquire and be ready how to serve Krsna
- What is a simple solution to understand soul? I would like to understand soul in a simplified form
- What is the importance of health in life, and how does Guruji advise people to maintain health, and how does it connect to your mission?
- What is the most important thing in life?
- When chanting, you chant the name of Rama as well as Krsna. I do not see any photograph of Rama here. What is the thinking?
- When the fruit comes, should we give it up?
- When the fruit comes, we cannot distinguish whether it is ripened one or the wrong one. How to distinguish?
- Where is this consciousness of surrender come in human life? At what stage it can come?
- Yogo nastah parantapa. As soon as we deviate from the original system, it is nasta, spoiled. So what is the use of giving things which is already spoiled? But it cannot be spoiled if you follow the parampara system. This is the secret of success
- You have to work for Krsna sincerely, intelligently, and victory or defeat, it doesn't matter. Just like Jatayu was defeated fighting with Ravana. His wings were cut off. Ravana was very strong. And Lord Ramacandra, He did his last funeral ceremonies