Pages in category "Perhaps"
The following 121 pages are in this category, out of 121 total.
- A rough idea of the form of the living entity has been given in the Padma Purana, that one ten-thousandth part of the tip of the hair. Now perhaps we have no instrument how to measure one ten-thousandth part of the tip of the hair. But this is given there
- A sane man can see that all such grand activities, although perhaps very important for temporary life, have nothing to do with eternal life
- About 40 years before, Sripada Bon Maharaj, guided by our senior old Tirtha Maharaj were sent to London, and perhaps Gaudiya Mission was established at that time
- Acaryas means great teachers, bona fide teachers - perhaps you have heard their name - just like Ramanujacarya, Madhvacarya, Nimbarka, Visnu Svami, Lord Caitanya
- "All the inhabitants of the palace" includes Kamsa. When everyone lamented, Kamsa joined in compassion, thinking that perhaps because of drugs or some other external means, Devaki had undergone this abortion
- Are you following blindly, or you have experience of Krsna? Yes. What will be the answer? It's a very intelligent question. People will ask you, perhaps they ask, "Have you seen Krsna?" "Why you are Krsna conscious?" What is your answer
- As soon as you say "it may be," that means you have no perfect knowledge. As soon as you say "perhaps," that means you have no perfect knowledge. So all these scientists and philosophers, they use these words: "it may be," "perhaps"
- As stated in the Bhagavad-gita (BG 12.5), kleso ‘dhikaratas tesam avyaktasakta-cetasam: impersonalists must work hard for many, many births, and only then will they perhaps be liberated
- Ask your father whether he is still interested in the matter of starting the Rupanuga Para Vidya Pitha in the land he proposed to give me on lease terms. Perhaps you remember this proposal. When I first came to your temple you measured the land yourself
- At death everything is finished, and one has to begin a new chapter of life in a new situation, perhaps higher or lower than the last one
- At present, I am very busy and have very little time; still your ideas are very nice. However, unless we meet together, it will be difficult to give you help. Perhaps you can come to see me, as I will be in Vrindavan, at our Krsna-Balarama Mandir
- At the time of delivery the woman is in danger. There may be so many dangers. Therefore twice sada-bhaksana, at the period of seven months and perhaps in nine months
- Even Darwin's theory. He's proposing, "Perhaps; it may be," and he's writing a big book, anthropology. And people are taking knowledge from that book. So if his knowledge based on "Perhaps; maybe," what is the value
- Every day we see the sun to be just like a small disc, perhaps twelve inches in diameter, but in fact it is a hundred times larger than the earth. So what is the value of our direct perception through our eyes
- Every man is imperfect, but he is talking just like perfect. That is called cheating. The so-called scientists, philosophers, they are theorizing, "It may be," "Perhaps." So what is this knowledge, "Perhaps," "It may be"? That is not knowledge
- Everything vague, simply mental speculation, "maybe," "perhaps." These theories are being forwarded by so-called scientists and philosophers. But we don't accept such things as "perhaps," "maybe." No. We accept what is fact
- For the time being, let us produce magazines in English and Hindi languages and perhaps at some later time we may be able to print in local languages our BTG also
- Four years ago, they (European boys and girls) did not know what is the name of Krsna. Perhaps they might have seen in the English dictionary the name of Krsna as stated "a Hindu god." But actually, that is not the fact. Krsna is the name of God
- Having little hope, she (Rukmini) thought that perhaps Krsna had found reason to become dissatisfied and had rejected her fair proposal. As a result, the brahmana might have become disappointed and not come back
- Here the pleasure is like that, "You eat rasagulla and then be beaten by shoes." Perhaps we have got all experience of this. But actual ananda is brahmananda, unlimited
- I am very glad to learn that Lord Jesus Christ has approved our activities. Perhaps you have marked it in my preaching work that I love Lord Jesus Christ as good as Krishna
- I beg to inform you that I have arranged for the opening of the temple in Vrndavana on Sri Ram Navami day by the 20th of April 1975. Perhaps you know it that the ceremony was to take place on last Janmastami
- I have not received any letter from Vasudeva in reply to my last letter. If perhaps there was some delay, you can send the letter to Paris as I am leaving for London tomorrow and shortly thereafter to Paris
- I hope everything is going well with you in Detroit Temple. Perhaps by now you have received my invitation to you to visit our L.A. Temple at your convenience
- I think that now that you are going to public school that you must study hard especially keeping in mind to learn how to read and write and do arithmetic. Perhaps after the summer we will have our own school in New Vrindaban & you will be a student there
- I was on the sea for one month and ten days continually, and that was a horrible account. Perhaps you have read it in my diary which you collected in Vrindaban
- I was very much shocked to learn that you have again met with some motor accident on the way, and perhaps this is the second time you have broken your leg. So I do not know why such things are happening
- If we inquire, "Wherefrom this chunk comes?" that they cannot answer. Therefore the so-called scientific knowledge always remains in doubt. Darwin's theory... There are so many passages: "It may be, perhaps"
- If you use smaller pieces of camphor this may alleviate the problem, or perhaps you are not using the right kind of camphor. Here we are using camphor for aratrik twice daily and there is no such problem
- In 1918, my Guru Maharaja (Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura) started with this mission one institution known as Gaudiya Math. Perhaps some of you know the name Gaudiya Math. And he was trying to spread this message of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- In India, when one becomes very humble, submissive, he takes a straw in his mouth. Perhaps you know. Even in the village, still it is going on
- In my classroom, I am perhaps the only Indian. My students are all Americans, and they are taking part in the chanting very nicely, chanting and dancing
- In our government, central government, there is a planning commission. Perhaps every one of you know it, planning commission. From. . . for the last twenty years they are making simply plans, and no plan has become successful
- In this life one may have constructed a very tall skyscraper, but in the next life, because of one's mentality, one may have to accept a body like that of a cat, a dog, a tree or perhaps a demigod. Thus the body is offered by the laws of material nature
- It is perhaps in our movement only that each and every individual is being trained up. Others they do not do that. "I have made a guru; then my business is finished. Now I can do whatever I like"
- It will not be possible for me to visit New Vrindaban at this time. Perhaps in the future, when I return to U.S.A
- It's a very intelligent question. People will ask you, perhaps they ask, "Have you seen Krsna?" "Why you are Krsna conscious?" What is your answer?
- Let us produce magazines in English and Hindi languages and perhaps at some later time we may be able to print in local languages our BTG also. But for that there must be many, many subscribers
- Like the scientists say, "There was a chunk... and the creation took place. Perhaps. Maybe..." What is this? Simply cheating! It is not teaching; it is cheating
- Living entities in this material world are very busy trying to gratify their senses. In the street we see many dogs assembled for sex. This may seem very crude, but human beings are engaged in the same business, perhaps in a more elaborate way
- Lord Krsna answered Mucukunda, "Perhaps you know that My incarnation Anantadeva has unlimited mouths, and for an unlimited time He has been trying to narrate fully about My name, fame, qualities, activities, appearance, disappearance and incarnations"
- Many Swamis before me came in the Western countries, they say nobody could act so wonderfully as I am doing. Perhaps it is right. But I do not know how such things are happening. The only reason can be adduced is I am presenting Bhagavad-gita as it is
- Materialistic scientists and philosophers generally use such words as maybe and perhaps because they do not have actual knowledge of complete facts. Therefore their instructing others is an example of cheating
- Mayavadi sannyasis in India are limited in their experience to a small town or village, or perhaps to the country of India. Nor do such sannyasis have sufficient education
- Most people are impersonalists or voidists. Perhaps for the first time in the world we are giving the people a clear idea of what is God
- Mundane scientists and philosophers use the words "perhaps" and "maybe" because they cannot arrive at a proper conclusion. They are simply speculating, and mental speculation cannot be perfect
- My lord, our old enemy Bali Maharaja now has new enthusiasm, and he has obtained such astonishing power that we think that perhaps we cannot resist his prowess
- Nanda Maharaja innocently thought - Perhaps this boy Krsna formerly killed all these demons, & therefore in this life they are envious & are attacking Him. But He is a fire, & they are flies, & in a fight between these two, the fire is always victorious
- Not more than twenty-five years ago, and perhaps it is still current, parents in India used to consult horoscope of the boy and girl to see whether there would be factual union in their psychological conditions. These considerations are very important
- O moon, you appear to be suffering from a severe fever, perhaps tuberculosis. Indeed, your effulgence does not have the strength to destroy the darkness
- O moon, you appear to be suffering from a severe fever, perhaps tuberculosis. Indeed, your effulgence does not have the strength to destroy the darkness. Have you become mad after hearing the songs of Krsna? Is that why you are silent?
- One, my German Godbrother, he said that during the First World War . . . perhaps some of you know. The politician created war and there was war. So people went to church. People means all women, because men were all in the active field
- Only a few hundred years ago the red Indians were considered to be the proprietors of America. Today we in our turn are claiming that proprietorship, but in four hundred or a thousand years perhaps someone else will come to claim the same
- Only a small fraction of the living entities, perhaps one fourth, are in the material world. And the major portion of the living entities in the material world - 8,000,000 of the 8,400,000 forms of life - are lower than human beings
- Only five years back I was sitting alone under a tree in your park thinking that perhaps no one will join me, but let me try. Now I have got so many wonderful sons and daughters, that we require huge arrangement for chanting in the park
- Our process is to accept both the lines of bhagwat marga and pancharatriki marga. Perhaps you might have seen the picture of the Gaudiya mission. On one side there is the bhagwat book and on the other side a picture of Laxmi Narayana for Deity worship
- Our process of knowledge is not any speculation: "It may be," "Perhaps." No. We don't accept this knowledge. "It may be," "Perhaps" - these are all foolishness
- Our workers are all dedicated souls and they are engaging in activities on the spiritual platform. If sometimes you could find the time, perhaps we could meet together and we can talk
- People will ask you, perhaps they ask, "Have you seen Krsna?" "Why you are Krsna conscious?" What is your answer?
- Perhaps He went to the Gundica temple, or to Lake Narendra, or to the Cataka-parvata. Maybe He went to the temple at Konarka
- Perhaps if I would have joined from 1922, by the blessings of Guru Maharaja, I could do more preaching work. Anyway, it is better late than never
- Perhaps it is a new thing I have introduced, that I take part in the marriage ceremony of my disciples. Actually, I do it because I want to see them without any anxiety
- Perhaps Kamsa will die before my (Vasudeva's) sons take birth, or, since he is already destined to die at the hands of my son, one of my sons may kill him - SB 10.1.49-50
- Perhaps most of you know that whenever there is unwanted population these three things will naturally, by nature's course will appear - famine, pestilence, and war - and the population will be finished
- Perhaps my father wanted that I should be a great mrdanga player in the future
- Perhaps some of you are acquainted with this Sikh community. They worship this Grantha. Similarly, the Moslems worship the Koran. Similarly, in the Christian world, the Bible is worshiped
- Perhaps we are the only community in the world which can render the best possible service to the society
- Perhaps while you were in India you have heard that we glorify in the following way: Guru Gauranga Chandarbika Giridhari. Four "G''s. So Guru-Gauranga you understand, and Chandarbika-Giridhari means Radha and Krishna
- Perhaps with a great deal of time, effort, and money a few men may be able to reach other planets by material means - spaceships, space suits, etc. - but this is a very cumbersome and impractical method
- Perhaps you are my only Godbrother who has appreciated my humble service to the cause of Guru Gauranga
- Perhaps you have information about my activities in the Western countries and the cult of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu being nicely transplanted in the Western countries
- Perhaps you know the picture of Madhvacarya, one of the great Acaryas in our line, who is holding two fingers up to indicate Krishna and jiva. The impersonalists hold up one finger because their idea is that everything is one
- Perhaps you remember the verse in the tenth chapter of Bhagavad-gita that the Lord Himself supplies the light and intelligence from within the heart of a devotee who is constantly engaged in His transcendental loving service
- Regarding Sri Beni Madho Temple, I have already advised Sri Acarya Omkar Giri to see my friend Dr. G. Ghosh of Allahabad, for making a Deed of Gift. But I have not heard anything further in the negotiation. Perhaps you can let me know what has transpired
- Rukmini continued, 'By these activities, perhaps I have pleased the S P of God, Narayana. If this be so, I wish that You, Krsna, the brother of Balarama, please come here, catch hold of my hand so that I shall not be touched by Sisupala & his company'"
- She thought, 'Perhaps by mistake I did not put any food on the plate.' So thinking, she went into the kitchen and saw the pots
- Simply chant Hare Krsna and you become first-class yogi. And as soon as you become first-class yogi, all power is within you. Perhaps you do not know the yogic perfection, eight kinds of power
- Since I have come here Krishna has given us our permanent place which was in dispute at 7, Bury Place. It is very well situated, and perhaps London center will also come out very successful in the near future
- Someone of the GBC will come there and Brahmananda will be transferred to somewhere else. Perhaps he can go to Europe. If Brahmananda also falls then of course there will be trouble there. What can be done?
- Sometimes we get news from newspaper that a child is born. He is speaking about his previous birth. Perhaps you know. Sometimes it may be possible in extraordinary cases. But it is a fact. It is a fact that in my previous life I had also another body
- Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura, perhaps for the first time, introduced motorcars and palatial buildings for the residence of saintly persons just to attract the general public in big cities
- Srimati Radharani continued, "He (Krsna) is in aristocratic society and must be feeling difficulty in making friendships with other young girls. Perhaps you have come here to canvass again or to take us there. But why should Krsna expect us to go there"
- Sweet is intoxication. Perhaps you know, all. The liquor is made from sugar. Sugar is fermented with acid, sulphuric acid, and then it is distilled. That is liquor. Therefore too much sweet eating is prohibited
- That is our unique situation. Perhaps throughout the whole world we are trying to preach that "You are not this body. You are different from body." And we have not manufactured this idea. This is the instruction in the Bhagavad-gita
- That will be especially triumphant celebration for me, because only five years back I was sitting alone under a tree in your park thinking that perhaps no one will join me, but let me try.
- The alchemists of the medieval age tried to manufacture gold, but they were unsuccessful, perhaps because they did not follow the right instructions
- The article on Marxism is very much appreciated. We can say all these big so-called philosophers are all simply mudhas. Perhaps I am the first to do it. Our philosophy is perfect, and we cannot be defeated by anyone
- The Ksatriyas, the Vaisyas and the Sudras would follow the instruction of the cultured Brahmin. Such ways of approaching the Truth is always simple, plain and perhaps the most perfect
- The satisfaction of possessing material opulences, although perhaps of a different standard, is available even in the lives of dogs and hogs, who cannot revive their eternal relationship with Krsna
- The so-called scientists, philosophers, they are theorizing, "It may be," "Perhaps." So what is this knowledge, "Perhaps," "It may be"? That is not knowledge. Say definitely. But nobody can say. They are blind
- The story begins, kanyakubje. Kanyakubja is still there in India. Perhaps you have heard the name of Kanpur. So that is within the Kanyakubja area. Kanyakubje dvijah: "There was a brahmana in Kanyakubja"
- There are also many examples of (cheating) of teachers who actually know nothing but put forth theories in words like "perhaps" or "it may be," while in actuality they are simply cheating their students
- There are many so-called scientists who suggest that perhaps it was like this, or maybe like that, but there is no question of "perhaps" and "maybe." There is a specific plan being carried out in this material world. What is this plan? BG 1972 purports
- There are so many people in Tokyo, that a pandal program will attract thousands of Japanese people. So if you can organize such a program that will be very excellent. Perhaps the Indian community would be able to help you
- There are three kinds of evidences - pratyaksa, anumana and aitihya. Pratyaksa means that you can directly perceive. Anumana means you can conjecture, make an . . . "It may be like this. Perhaps." Aitihya means to take evidences from the authority
- They (cowherd boys) did not know Krsna is God, the Supreme Person. They only knew that Krsna is wonderful, that's all. And the more they perceived Krsna's wonderful activities, the more their love increased. "Perhaps He may be a demigod," they thought
- Thinking that perhaps the child (Krsna) was being attacked by some other ghost or demon, the astonished mother Yasoda put the child down on the ground and began to think of Narayana - SB 10.7.19
- This study of Krsna's energy is only one side, or a portion only. So in this way, if you go on studying Krsna, that is Krsna consciousness. It is not a bogus thing - "maybe," "perhaps not." Absolutely! It is
- Uddhava appreciated the exalted position of the gopis and wished to fall down and take the dust of their feet on his head. Yet he dared not ask the gopis to offer the dust from their feet; perhaps they would not be agreeable
- Unfortunately, perhaps before me all the svamis who came here, they did not give them the right information. Perhaps they did not know it. So I am giving . . . delivering, the right message of spiritual life, Bhagavad-gita
- Unless one has got complete knowledge, how he can say things complete? It is not the so-called scientist: "perhaps," "it may be." No, not that kind of knowledge, simply theorizing, "It may be like that." No
- Up to the age of fifty one can actively work for sense gratification, but after the fiftieth year one's energy decreases, although one can with great strain work for two or three more years - perhaps up to the fifty-fifth year
- We do not wish to be estranged from the material world. That is another nonsense. We have to deal with persons in the society & perhaps we are the only community in the world which can render the best possible service to the society
- Whatever remedies they (embodies souls neglected and not cared for by Lord Nrsimhadeva) accept, although perhaps temporarily beneficial, are certainly impermanent
- When a person is in deep sleep, he dreams and sees in himself many other objects, such as great mountains and rivers or perhaps even the entire universe, although they are far away
- When I came to your country I saw that taking bath is also difficult thing. Taking bath, that is also not in practice. Perhaps once in a week. We are accustomed to see in India thrice in a day
- When you go to India, you let me know and I shall give you some introductory letters to Calcutta, Bombay, Delhi, Navadvipa, Jaipur, Kanpur, etc. Perhaps you have to visit Udaipur also. But in Europe wherever you go, you must arrange for opening a centre
- You are a sincere devotee of Krishna and He has given you a great opportunity of service, perhaps number 1 in all the centers. You are the only pioneer center who possess your own property and press
- You can keep good friendship with different yoga teachers, but practically our mode of Krishna Consciousness is different from theirs. Perhaps these people may not like our Sankirtana movement, so you have to be very careful in their association
- You may inform Yamuna that I am glad to accept her as my disciple and just as soon as I go there, she can be initiated. Presently I am in Bombay and very soon I shall be going to London and perhaps to Moscow
- You seem to be carrying two bows without strings, What is the reason you carry these bows? Is it for some purpose of your own or for the sake of a friend? Perhaps you carry them to kill the mad animals in this forest
- You should encourage him and if his plans are feasible then perhaps Dallas would be the most suitable headquarters for the Southern zone
- You will be pleased to know that now I have got 24 branches - perhaps you have seen the list in our "Back to Godhead." Our Indian Vaisnavas are helping me by contributing each one pair or more Radha Krishna Murtis for our different Temples
- You write to say that you are too much absorbed in temporal thoughts of sex life. If that is the case, then perhaps you should get yourself married
- You'll find in our temple, we are cooking so many nice preparations. Perhaps you have tasted some of them. But we are not preparing tea or coffee or meat - nothing. These are anarthas. What is the necessity?