This category has the following 5 subcategories, out of 5 total.
Pages in category "Krsna's Pleasing"
The following 75 pages are in this category, out of 75 total.
- According to the time and circumstances, He (Krsna) spoke as follows, "You are the subject of the King of the Bhojas, and you live in the jungle. We are also indirectly his subjects, and We try to please him as far as possible"
- After killing Satadhanva, Krsna returned to Dvaraka, and in order to please His wife Satyabhama, He informed her of the death of Satadhanva, the killer of her father. But He also informed her that the jewel had not been found in his possession
- All the associates of Lord Krsna, such as Brahma, Siva, Narada, Suka and Sanatana Kumara, are very pleased in the sentiment of servitude
- All these women auspiciously glorified their lives despite their being without individuality and without purity. Their husband, the lotus-eyed P of G, never left them alone at home. He always pleased their hearts by making valuable presentations
- Although Krsna cheated the young unmarried gopis and made them stand naked before Him and enjoyed joking words with them, and although He treated them just like dolls and stole their garments, they were still pleased with Him and never lodged complaints
- Another name of Krsna is Gopi-jana-vallabha because He invented such activities to please the gopis
- Apparently His (Krsna's) determination was to kill Bhismadeva, but factually it was to please him as a great devotee of the Lord
- As husband of so many wives, He pleased them all with presentations, even at a costly endeavor. He brought the parijata plant from heaven and implanted it at the palace of Satyabhama, one of the principal queens
- As the perfect exemplary householder, Lord Sri Krsna followed this tarpana (pleasing) system and offered respectful obeisances to the elderly, superior members of His family
- At that time (Bhisma about to kill Arjuna) Lord Krsna wanted to please His devotee, Bhisma, by keeping Bhisma's promise, which was more important than His own. Seemingly He broke His own promise
- Before leaving the land of cows, Vrndavana, the Lord (Krsna) pleased His young girl friends, the transcendental gopis, in His rasa-lila pastimes. Here Uddhava stopped his description of the Lord's activities
- Being so pleased by Krsna's return, Maharaja Nanda gave many cows and much gold in charity to the brahmanas. While Nanda Maharaja was thus engaged, mother Yasoda simply embraced Krsna and made Him sit on her lap while she shed tears continuously
- Both (Krsna and Balarama) were the shelter of the goddess of fortune. They had well-constructed bodies, beautiful hands and pleasing faces, and They were as strong as elephants
- Both Balarama and Krsna began to crawl on Their hands and knees. When They were crawling like that, They pleased Their mothers. The bells tied to Their waist and ankles sounded fascinating, and They would move around very pleasingly
- By His pleasing smiles, His affectionate behavior, His instructions and His uncommon pastimes like raising Govardhana Hill, the Lord, appearing in His transcendental body, pleased all of human society
- Generally the Lord is worshiped by the devotees in a reverential attitude, but the Lord is meticulously pleased when the devotee, out of pure affection and love, considers the Lord to be less important than himself
- Gopis said, "By the movement of His (Krsna's) eyes He is pleasing the gopis, & He is fighting with demons like Aristasura and others. In this way, He is sitting with different living entities in different ways, & He is thoroughly enjoying the situation"
- Gopis said, "My dear friends, just see the clever activities of Sri Krsna! He has composed nice songs about the cowherd boys and is pleasing the cows"
- He (Arjuna) was afraid to see the gigantic form of the Lord. He therefore prayed to the Lord to assume His four-handed Narayana or Krsna form, which alone could please Arjuna
- He said, "Even when you cook in an angry mood, the food is very delicious. This shows how pleased Krsna is with you"
- He was equal to all the wives & treated them as a perfect husband would, just to please them. For Him, there was no need of even a single wife. Since they were women, the wives could not understand the exalted position of Krsna, nor the truths about Him
- Here (in SB 10.8.32) is another of Krsna's transcendental activities invented to please the gopis
- His (Krsna's) value as the Supreme Lord did not diminish upon His becoming a baby to please His devotee Yasoda
- His thighs are compared with the trunks of elephants, and his eyes are always reddish. When Krsna and Arjuna are together on a chariot, they become celestial beauties, pleasing to the eyes of everyone
- In jubilation, all the inhabitants of the city dressed themselves with colorful garments and ornaments. King Nagnajit was so much pleased that he gave a dowry to his daughter and son-in-law, as follows
- In order to please both of them (Srutadeva and King Bahulasva), Lord Krsna expanded Himself into two and went to the houses of each one of them; yet neither the King nor the brahmana could understand that the Lord had gone to the house of the other
- In the presence of all the cowherd boys Krsna very easily bifurcated him (Bakasura), as a child splits a blade of virana grass. By thus killing the demon, Krsna very much pleased the denizens of heaven - SB 10.11.51
- Indeed, His complexion is so pleasing that it attracts the eyes and minds of everyone, and it is so powerful that it defies all comparison
- Indra, along with other demigods, offered opposition to Krsna and Satyabhama for taking away the (Parijata) tree, but in order to please His favorite wife Satyabhama, Krsna became determined and adamant, so there was a fight
- Instead of being pleased, he (washman) was very angry and refused the Lord's request, saying, "How is it that You (Krsna) are asking for clothing which is meant for the King"
- It is evident from Lord Krsna’s dealings with Sudama Vipra that the Supreme Personality of Godhead is very, very much pleased with a person who possesses brahminical qualities
- Just to please His (Krsna's) wife, like an ordinary husband, the Lord brought back the tree, and this enraged Vajri, or the controller of the thunderbolt
- Just to please His dear wife, the Lord brought back the parijata tree from heaven, just as an ordinary husband would do. But Indra, the King of heaven, induced by his wives (henpecked as he was), ran after the Lord with full force to fight Him
- Krsna always tries to please His devotees as much as the devotees try to please Krsna. As the devotees always think of Krsna within their hearts, Krsna also thinks of His devotees within Himself
- Krsna and Balarama were just on the verge of boyhood and were entering the forest of Vrndavana when Krsna began to offer prayers to please Balarama
- Krsna continued, "I cannot please all of them (Krsna's wives) as a polished husband. My behavior with them is not very nice, and I know that you are very conscious of it. I sometimes create a situation with My wives which is not very happy"
- Krsna said, "My dear friends, you know that Lord Balarama and I left Vrndavana just to please Our relatives and family members. Thus We were long engaged in fighting with Our enemies and were obliged to forget you, who were so much attached to Me"
- Krsna's age, His beauty, His bugle, His flute, His conchshell and His pleasing attitude all provoke love in friendship for Him
- Krsna's duty was to please all kinds of men belonging to the different castes, both in the city and within the palace compound. He made them happy by fulfilling their different desires, and when the Lord saw them happy He also became very much pleased
- Krsna's pleasure wanted. If Krsna sees that by washing the floor you are doing very nicely, Krsna is pleased: "Oh, you are nice." Similarly, one man is decorating Krsna with garland and... If Krsna is pleased, that is the main point
- Krsna, by His activities, childhood activities, He gave pleasure to His father and mother, Yasoda and Nanda. Therefore He is known as Yasoda-nandana, Nanda-nandana. He was lover of Radharani; therefore He is called Radha-ramana
- Lord Krsna is especially pleasing to such devotees, in whose hearts He is always present because of their highly elevated transcendental love
- Lord Krsna satisfied the sage Narada in every way. Narada was very much pleased by seeing the Lord's activities in Dvaraka, and thus he departed
- Lord Sri Krsna agreed to become the son of Vasudeva and Devaki upon being pleased with their severe austerities. Therefore if any austerities have to be done, they must be done to achieve the end of knowledge, Vasudeva
- My dear Lord, although You have no material form, You have Your own innumerable forms. They truly are Your transcendental forms, which are pleasing to Your devotees
- My Lord (Krsna), when Jarasandha is killed, queens of all the imprisoned kings will be joyful at their husbands' being released by Your mercy that they will sing Your glories, being as pleased as the gopis were when released from the hands of Sankhacuda
- One resident of Vrndavana once told Lord Krsna, "My dear Krsna, O pleasure of Vrndavana! Being afraid of this material existence, we have taken shelter of You, for You can completely protect us! We are well aware of Your greatness
- Only by unalloyed transcendental loving service could they (Krsna's queens) satisfy the Lord, and the Lord was pleased to treat them as wives in reciprocation
- Seeing Krsna gave them so much pleasure that it appeared as if they were not only drinking the nectar of seeing His face but were also smelling the aroma and licking up the taste of His body and were embracing Him and Balarama with their arms
- Some say that the Unborn is born for the glorification of pious kings, and others say that He is born to please King Yadu, one of Your dearest devotees. You appear in his family as sandalwood appears in the Malaya Hills
- Sometimes Krsna would take a palm fan and fan the body of Balarama, causing a pleasing breeze to relieve Him of His fatigue. Other boys would sometimes dance or sing while Balarama took rest, and sometimes they would wrestle amongst themselves or jump
- Sri Hari, Lord Sri Krsna, resided at Hastinapura for a few months to pacify His relatives and please His own sister (Subhadra)
- Sri Uddhava said: Thereafter Lord Krsna went to Mathura City with Sri Baladeva, and to please Their parents They dragged Kamsa, the leader of public enemies, down from his throne and killed him, pulling him along the ground with great strength
- The combined cooling effect of camphor, roots of khasakhasa and sandalwood is surpassed by the coolness of Krsna's palms and the soles of His feet, which are cooler and more pleasing than millions upon millions of moons
- The gopis continued, "Whoever worships Your (Krsna) lotus feet, You without a doubt always bestow Your benedictions. So kindly be pleased with us and keep Your lotus feet on our breasts and thus relieve our present distresses"
- The Gurudeva said, "I am greatly pleased by your (Krsna and Sudama) acts, and I bless you: May all your desires and ambitions be fulfilled"
- The Lord decided to stay especially to pacify the aggrieved King as well as to please Subhadra, sister of Lord Sri Krsna. Subhadra was especially to be pacified because she lost her only son, Abhimanyu, who was just married
- The Lord is the Supreme Father of all living beings, and therefore those who are conscious of this vital relation with God can make filial demands from the Father, and the Father is pleased to supply the demands of such obedient sons without bargaining
- The Nagapatnis said, "We are praying that he (Kaliya) may be excused this time. Our dear Lord (Krsna), we are offering our loving service unto You because we are all eternal servitors of Your Lordship. You can order us to do whatever You please"
- The transcendental qualities of Krsna as follows: 01) beautiful features of the entire body; 2) marked with all auspicious characteristics; 3) extremely pleasing; 4) effulgent; 5) strong; 6) ever-youthful
- Their (the gopis) simple presentation was so pure that Lord Krsna immediately became pleased with them. All the unmarried gopis who prayed to Katyayani to have Krsna as their husband were thus satisfied
- Then (when one hears the pastimes of the Lord) one can immediately evolve to his transcendental nature. Krsna’s pastimes are not only beautiful; they are also very pleasing to the mind
- These are all glorified pastimes of the Lord, and there is no contradiction in such manifestations. Since Krsna is the Supreme Lord, He was never afraid of Kamsa, but to please His father (Vasudeva) He agreed to be so
- They (Bhima, Duryodhana, Sahadeva, Nakula, Arjuna, Krsna, Draupadi, Karna, Satyaki, Vikarna, Hardikya, Vidura, Santardana and Bhurisrava) were all so bound in loving affection for King Yudhisthira that they simply wanted to please him
- They (the citizens of Mathura) also began to remember other enlivening activities, "The damsels of Vrndavana were so much pleased by seeing Krsna's beauty and participating in His activities that they forgot the troubles of material existence"
- This parijata tree was brought by Krsna to please Satyabhama, one of His queens, and this tree was implanted in the Dvaraka mansions constructed for the queen
- This was their (the elderly gopis) inner ambition. Now, in order to please them, Krsna personally took the role of their sons and fulfilled their desire
- To please His (Krsna's) friends, He began searching in all the mountains, mountain caves, bushes and narrow passages - 10.13.14
- To please King Yudhisthira, Lord Krsna remained in the city of Hastinapura for several months. During His stay, He enjoyed strolling here and there. He used to drive on chariots with Arjuna, and many warriors and soldiers used to follow them
- When all the wives of Vasudeva were present in the arena of Kamsa, they saw the most pleasing bodily features of Krsna, and immediately, out of parental affection, milk began to flow from their breasts, and the lower parts of their saris became wet
- When Balarama and Krsna were thus petitioned by Their intimate friends, They were inclined to please them, and with smiling faces They proceeded toward the forest, surrounded by all Their friends
- With our present senses, materially covered, it is very difficult to understand Krsna, His transcendental Name, Fame, Form, Pastimes, etc. But if we begin rendering service unto Krsna, then being pleased with our service He will reveal Himself from within