Krsna's Bodily Features
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Krsna's Bodily Features"
The following 86 pages are in this category, out of 86 total.
- Affinity by bodily relation with the Lord (Krsna) is another feature of reciprocating loving service with the Lord
- After seeing the beautiful bodily features of Lord Krsna, they (all the demigods) all contemplated that He was the ultimate dexterous creation of Brahma, the creator of human beings
- After Sri Caitanya explained the difference between an ordinary living being and the S P of Godhead, the people said, "No one considers You an ordinary human being. You are like Krsna in every respect, in both bodily features and characteristics"
- Aghasura attained sarupya-mukti, being promoted to the Vaikuntha planets to live with the same four-armed bodily features as Visnu. The explanation of how this is so may be summarized as follows - in SB 10.12.33
- As men are made after the form and features of the Supreme Lord, so also the cows are made after the form and features of the surabhi cows in the spiritual kingdom
- Beautiful bodily features which automatically attract the eyes are called rucira (pleasing). Krsna possesses this attractive feature of rucira in His personal features
- Because he was a pure devotee of the Lord, King Mucukunda could immediately understand that Lord Krsna, who had appeared before him in such an opulent feature, could not be one of the predominating deities of the material planets
- Being captivated by the beautiful features of Krsna & Balarama, Their talking, Their smiling, Their glancing & Their other activities, the hunchbacked woman began to smear all the pulp of sandalwood over Their bodies with great satisfaction and devotion
- Bilvamangala said, "I am eagerly waiting to see that boy of Vrndavana whose bodily beauty is captivating the whole universe, whose eyes are always bounded by black eyebrows and expanded like lotus petals"
- Both (Krsna and Balarama) were the shelter of the goddess of fortune. They had well-constructed bodies, beautiful hands and pleasing faces, and They were as strong as elephants
- Brahma said, "Your (Krsna's) bodily features are of the color of clouds filled with water. You are glittering with a silver electric aura emanating from Your yellow garments"
- By His personal features and transcendental attributes, the Lord attracts all psychological activities of a pure devotee. Such is the attractive power of Lord Krsna
- By His Vasudeva feature, Krsna simultaneously expanded Himself into the exact number of missing cowherd boys and calves, with their exact bodily features, their particular types of hands, legs and other limbs, their sticks, bugles & flutes - SB 10.13.19
- Drona and Dhara said "When we take birth again within the universe, may the Supreme Lord Krsna in His most attractive feature of childhood absorb our whole attention"
- Due to the extraordinary features of the child, Vasudeva was struck with wonder. How could a newly born child be so decorated? Vasudeva could therefore understand that Lord Krsna had now appeared, and he became overpowered by the occasion
- Enhancing the wonderful beauty of Krsna is His three-curved style of standing. Above all these beautiful features, Krsna's eyes dance and move obliquely, acting like arrows to pierce the minds of Srimati Radharani and the gopis
- Even the lotus flower and the moon were defeated by the beauty of the bodily features of Lord Krsna, and this was certified by the demigods, the most beautiful living creatures in the universe
- He (Krsna) accepted the position of younger cousin to Yudhisthira, He was speaking in a very gentle tone which enhanced His beautiful bodily features
- He (Krsna) expanded Himself to become exactly like the boys, who were of all different features and facial and bodily construction, and who were different in their clothing and ornaments and in their behavior and personal activities
- His (Krsna's) appearance as an ordinary human being is one of the features of His transcendental body. BG 1972 purports
- His (Krsna's) bodily color resembles a fresh black cloud although His bodily features are more beautiful than millions of cupids. These are the special features of the Lord
- His (Krsna's) bodily feature is narakrti, that is, exactly like that of a human being. Here (in SB 10.1.11) the same idea is repeated in the words manusam asritya, which indicate that He accepts a body exactly like that of a man
- His (Lord Krsna) blackish bodily hue appears just like the indranila jewel. There are reddish signs on His eyes, and small soft hairs are coming out on His body. The appearance of these symptoms has made Him extraordinarily beautiful
- His (Lord Krsna) pastimes astound the goddess of fortune, and His bodily strength turns Govardhana Hill into a small toy like a ball. His spotless qualities are unlimited, and His behavior satisfies everyone
- His helmet, His earrings, His necklace, His four garments, the bangles on His head, the rings on His fingers, His ankle bells and His flute - these are the different features of Krsna's ornaments
- If anyone wants to be aloof from sex attraction, he must see the charming smile and fascinating eyebrows of the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- In the beginning, Krsna has three bodily features: (1) svayam-rupa, as a cowherd boy in Vrndavana; (2) tad-ekatma-rupa, which is divided into svamsaka and vilasa; and (3) avesa-rupa
- Indra said, "Your steadiness in lifting the great Hill of Govardhana, Your beautiful bodily features and Your astonishing characteristic of being pleased simply by accepting the prayers of Your devotees and offenders"
- Influenced by these features of Krsna, they (Krsna's wives) all used to dress themselves very attractively, desiring to attract Him by their feminine bodily appeal
- It is clear from this statement that Pradyumna's bodily characteristics were so similar to Krsna's that he was mistaken for Krsna even by his mother
- It was not very difficult for Krsna to perform a miracle by extending His bodily feature, but He had no desire to do it because of His deep filial love for His mother, Yasoda
- Kalayavana noticed Krsna's specific marks and the jewels on His chest, His beautiful garland of lotus flowers, His lotuslike eyes and similar beautiful bodily features
- Krsna appeared more beautiful than a human can conceive. Not only did He appear in this feature, but He glanced over Mucukunda with great affection, attracting the King's mind
- Krsna was beautiful because every part of His body was perfectly arranged without any defect. Such perfect bodily features of Krsna are described as follows
- Krsna's age, His transcendental bodily features, His beauty, and His mildness are qualities pertaining to His body
- Krsna's attractive features and sweet smiles go deep into the heart of everyone, and once it is so done the living being is admitted into the kingdom of God, from which no one returns. This is confirmed in the Bhagavad-gita
- Krsna's face is decorated with ornaments, such as earrings resembling sharks. His ears are beautiful, His cheeks brilliant, and His smiling attractive to everyone. Whoever sees Lord Krsna sees a festival
- Krsna's perfect bodily features are described as follows: "My dear enemy of Kamsa, Your broad eyes, Your rising chest, Your two pillar-like arms and the thin middle portion of Your body are always enchanting to every lotus-eyed beautiful girl"
- Krsna, on arriving at this age (thirteen years), manifested such beautiful bodily features that His restless eyes became the playthings of Cupid, and His mild smile resembled the newly grown lotus flower
- Krsna, the supreme hero, has the most beautiful transcendental body. This body possesses all good features. It is radiant and very pleasing to the eyes. His body is powerful, strong and youthful
- Learned scholars therefore describe the features of His body at this time as nava-yauvana, newly-invented youthfulness. At this stage of Krsna's bodily features, the conjugal love affairs with the gopis and similar pastimes become very prominent
- Lord Maha-Visnu, who is situated beyond this material world, was also attracted by the bodily features of Krsna
- Lord Sri Krsna attracts the minds of all the gopis with His beautiful, transcendental bodily features
- Most of the girl friends of Krsna were married, but because Krsna was their friend before their marriages, they could not forget His attractive features, which were always fascinating to them, even after their marriages
- Mucukunda told Lord Krsna, "For such an offensive act, I have burned this person to ashes simply by glancing over him. Fortunately, now I can see You in this grand & beautiful feature. I think, therefore, that You are the cause of my killing my enemy"
- Of Them, Padmanabha, Trivikrama, Nrsimha, Vamana, Hari, Krsna and so on all have different bodily features
- One devotee exclaimed, "By such beautiful bodily features, the enemy of the demon Madhu has appeared so pleasing that He (Krsna) can bestow upon me transcendental bliss simply by my seeing His transcendental qualities"
- One devotee praised the bodily features of Krsna when he saw the Lord in His manifested personal feature
- One gopi said, "Krsna's bodily features have become so exquisite - it is as if they are all manifesting an artistic sense of the highest sort"
- One gopi said, "With all these exquisite features of His body, Krsna is too extraordinarily beautiful, and therefore I am always thinking of Him to protect me because He is the killer of all demons"
- Ordinary persons, who cannot understand how exalted are the bodily features of the Lord, are simply given a chance to understand by a material comparison
- Regarding Krsna's attractive features being ever fresh, there is a statement by Radharani in the Lalita-madhava in which Krsna is compared to the greatest sculptor, because He is expert in chiseling at the chastity of women
- Rukmini's attention was attracted by His (Krsna's) bodily features and transcendental qualities, and the mind of the goddess of fortune was attracted by His flute playing and other transcendental features
- Some specific provocations for parental love of Krsna are listed as His blackish bodily hue, which is very attractive and pleasing to see, His all-auspicious bodily features, His mildness
- Sometimes Krsna's activities and attractive features are misinterpreted by gross materialists who accuse Him of being immoral because He danced with the gopis, but such an accusation results from not knowing that Krsna is beyond this material world
- Sometimes one becomes attracted to Krsna and His transcendental qualities simply by looking upon the beautiful features of His transcendental body, in which case one abandons the desire for liberation and engages in His devotional service
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was ecstatic in this way because He was presenting Himself in the mood of the gopis. The gopis wanted to drink the ocean of sweetness arising from the bodily features of Krsna, but Krsna did not allow them to come near
- Subala once addressed Krsna in this way: "How these features of Your body can fail to defeat the pride of all the young girls of Vrndavana. When I am so defeated by this beauty, what chance is there for those who are naturally very simple and flexible?"
- Subala once addressed Krsna in this way: "My dear Kesava, Your round turban, the lotus flower in Your hand, the vertical marks of tilaka on Your forehead, Your kunkuma-flavored musk and all of Your beautiful bodily features are defeating me today"
- Subala, "Although I am usually stronger than You (Krsna) or any of our friends. Since this is so, I do not know how these features of Your body can fail to defeat the pride of all the young girls of Vrndavana"
- The attractive features of His (Krsna's) transcendental body are desired in all the three worlds, namely the upper, middle and lower planetary systems. Nowhere in the universe are there such beautiful bodily features as those of Lord Krsna
- The bodily beauty of Sri Krsna is like a wave in the ocean of eternal youth. In that great ocean is the whirlpool of the awakening of ecstatic love
- The earrings of the gopis, their cheeks, their hair with flowers - as they sang and danced these combined to appear like clouds, thunder, snow and lightning. Krsna's bodily features appeared just like a group of clouds
- The Lord's form is so beautiful that the Brahma-samhita (BS 5.38) states: His (Krsna's) bodily color resembles the color of a fresh black cloud, although His bodily features are more beautiful than millions of Cupids
- The most beautiful object in the material world may be compared to the blue lotus flower or the full moon in the sky, but even the lotus flower and the moon were defeated by the beauty of the bodily features of Lord Krsna
- The quintessence of Krsna's sweet bodily luster is so perfect that there is no perfection above it. He is the immutable mine of all transcendental qualities
- The transcendental qualities of Krsna as follows: 01) beautiful features of the entire body; 2) marked with all auspicious characteristics; 3) extremely pleasing; 4) effulgent; 5) strong; 6) ever-youthful
- The young cowherd damsels were attracted by the bodily features of the Lord (Krsna), and Rukmini was attracted by hearing about the glories of the Lord
- Their (gopis) desire to meet Krsna increased, and being unable to drink the ambrosia of Krsna’s bodily features, they became very unhappy
- Their (Krsna's, Arjuna's and Bhima's) shoulders were marked with impressions due to carrying bows, they had beautiful bodily structure, and their voices were grave and commanding. Thus he definitely concluded that they were not brahmanas but ksatriyas
- There is no difference between Krsna and His body, and therefore the transcendental features pertaining to His body are the same as Krsna Himself
- There was nothing comparable to the bodily features of Lord Krsna when He was present in this world
- These wonderful features of Krsna's body never failed to astonish Mother Yasoda. At the end of His kaumara age, Krsna carried a small stick in His hand, His clothing was a little longer, and He had a knot around His waist, resembling the hood of a snake
- They (symbolical marks) are all special features of the body of the Lord (Krsna). The Lord may appear as one of us, but He is always distinct by His specific bodily features
- To understand the difference between svayam-rupa, tad-ekatma-rupa, avesa, prabhava and vaibhava, Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura has given the following description. In the beginning, Krsna has three bodily features
- We can imagine Bhima ready to kill while Draupadi is obstructing him. And in order to prevent both of them, the Lord discovered another two arms. Originally, the primeval Lord Sri Krsna displays only two arms, but in His Narayana feature He exhibits four
- When all the wives of Vasudeva were present in the arena of Kamsa, they saw the most pleasing bodily features of Krsna, and immediately, out of parental affection, milk began to flow from their breasts, and the lower parts of their saris became wet
- When Krsna was met by Arjuna at a potter's shop in the city of Drupadanagara, because of the similarity of their bodily features they made intimate friendship
- When the brahmanas' wives returned, the sacrifice was duly and nicely executed. One of the brahmanas' wives, however, who had been forcibly checked from going to see Krsna, began to remember Him as she heard of His bodily features
- When the gopis were talking in this way, their feelings for Krsna became more and more intense, and they were experiencing Krsna's smiling, Krsna's words of love, Krsna's attractive features, Krsna's characteristics and Krsna's embraces
- When the Lord killed the gigantic demon Hiranyakasipu, He had to assume the special bodily feature of Nrsimhadeva. But in His Krsna avatara, the Lord did not need to exert such energy
- While Krsna & the gopis danced, they displayed extraordinary bodily features. The movements of their legs, their placing their hands on one another, the movements of their eyebrows, their smiling, the movements of the breasts of the gopis & their clothes
- Whoever hears or recites these descriptions of the expansions of Krsna's body is certainly a very fortunate man. Although this is very difficult to understand, one can nonetheless acquire some knowledge about the different features of Krsna's body