Five Thousand Years
"five thousand years" |"5000 years"|"5,000 years"
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Krsna on Earth Five Thousand Years Ago (33 P)
Pages in category "Five Thousand Years"
The following 63 pages are in this category, out of 63 total.
- A modern scientist believes that there was no civilization before 3,000 years, our Bhagavatam was spoken by Sukadeva Goswami 5,000 years ago and he is explaining "as I have heard it from authority", so we have got parampara system for millions of years
- According to Darwin's theory, 5000 years ago, men were uncivilized. Now this literature is written by uncivilized men. Just see. So highly intellectual writings, they were uncivilized. Now they have become civilized. That is Darwin's theory
- According to revealed scriptures and astrological calculation, the age of Kali is in its five thousandth year. Therefore, Srimad-Bhagavatam was compiled not less than five thousand years ago
- After the Battle of Kuruksetra, at which Bhagavad-gita was spoken, Kali-yuga continues for 432,000 years, of which only 5,000 years have passed. Thus there is still a balance of 427,000 years to come
- All the young boys, they are keeping big, big hair. That is foretold in Bhagavata, five thousand years: "In Kali-yuga, they will think by keeping long hair they become more beautiful"
- Any literature you take in the history of the world, no literature can exist for five thousand years, repeatedly being read by many, many scholars, religionists and philosophers, all. Why? Because it is Krsna
- Apparently, therefore, five thousand years ago there were many Ramayanas, or histories of Lord Ramacandra's activities, and there are many still. But we must select only those books written by tattva-darsis
- At least 5000 years ago, Sukadeva ascertained the existence of Maru in Kalapa-grama and said that Maru, having achieved a yoga-siddha body, would continue to exist until the end of Kali-yuga. Such is the perfection of mystic power
- At that time, 5,000 years ago, the Kuru dynasty was ruling all over the world. Now, what we know as Bharata-varsa is a fraction only. Formerly, this planet was known as Bharata-varsa
- Five thousand years ago Lord Krsna recommended yoga practice to Arjuna, but Arjuna frankly expressed his inability to follow the stringent rules and regulations of the yoga system
- Five thousand years ago, when the social status of human society was in perfect Vedic order, the yoga process mentioned herein was a common affair for everyone
- Five thousand years before, it was mentioned that krsna-varnam. Krsna-varnam means that He (Caitanya) is in the category of Krsna
- Five thousands years ago everyone had an ample stock of milk, and by using it in many varied milk preparations, people would keep good health in natural ways and thus enjoy life in Krsna consciousness.
- Foolish propaganda by atheists that temples were constructed only in later days is refuted here (in SB 3.1.23) because Vidura visited these temples at least five thousand years ago, & the temples of Visnu were in existence long before Vidura visited them
- Formerly, before Vyasadeva, say, five thousand years ago, before that time there was no need of written literature
- If this kingdom (Manipura) is organized as a Vaisnava state, this revitalization will be a great success because for five thousand years this state has maintained its identity. If the Vaisnava spirit is revived there, it will be a wonderful place
- If we follow the parampara system strictly, then the effect will be the same. As it was five thousand years ago, five hundred years ago, the same effect will be now also
- In this Kali-yuga we have passed through only five thousand years, yet the decline of sanatana-dharma is very prominent
- It appears that even five thousand years ago this holy place (Badarikasrama in the Himalayas) was being visited by such a holy being as Uddhava, and even at that time the place was known to be very, very old
- It appears that five thousand years ago the society also needed the services of the dramatists, artists, dancers, singers, historians, genealogists, public speakers, etc
- It appears that the desert of Rajasthan and the provinces of scanty water like Madhya Pradesh were present even five thousand years ago
- It is not that Krsna worship began only when Krsna appeared on this planet five thousand years ago. This is a foolish conclusion that is not substantiated by Vedic literatures
- It is said in the Mahabharata, Adi-parva (20) that 640,000,000 men were killed in the eighteen days of the Battle of Kuruksetra, and some hundreds of thousands were missing. Practically this was the greatest battle in the world within five thousand years
- It is understood herewith that even in those days, about five thousand years ago, there were prostitutes in a city like Dvaraka, where Lord Krsna resided. This means that prostitutes are necessary citizens for the proper upkeep of society
- It was spoken by the Supreme Lord personally five thousand years ago. And that old thing we are presenting as it is. Our Bhagavad-gita is therefore named Bhagavad-gita As It Is. Without any interpretation. Without any addition, alteration
- Shyness is a particular extra-natural beauty of the fair sex, and it commands respect from the opposite sex. This custom was observed even during the days of the Mahabharata, i.e., more than five thousand years ago
- Simply they'll think that "If I keep long hairs, I'll be very beautiful" This psychological study is there. And five thousand years before, prediction. How much authoritative the book is, just imagine. Is it not fact?
- Since the days of the Battle of Kuruksetra, about five thousand years ago, the influence of the age of Kali began manifesting, and from authentic scriptures it is learned that the age of Kali is still to run on for 427,000 years
- So formerly, five thousand years ago, the same system, military - ordinary soldiers, then the captain, then the commander, the commander-in-chief - as there are gradations in the modern age, the same thing was there
- Srimad-Bhagavatam is the record of bhagavat-katha, topics about the pastimes of the Lord. What Vidura was anxious to hear from Maitreya we can also hear five thousand years later, provided we are very eager
- Srimad-Bhagavatam was composed just prior to the beginning of the age of Kali (about five thousand years ago), and Lord Buddha appeared about twenty-six hundred years ago. Therefore in the Srimad-Bhagavatam Lord Buddha is foretold
- Srimad-Bhagavatam was spoken five thousand years ago, and the statements of this verse (SB 7.8.33) prove that the symptoms of a very advanced civilization then existed, even in the upper planetary systems, as well as in the lower planetary systems
- The beauty of transcendental literatures like Bhagavad-gita and Srimad-Bhagavatam is that they never become old. They have been read in the world by civilized man for the last five thousand years, and they have never become old
- The bhakti-yoga system is not newly introduced, for even five thousand years ago Lord Krsna recommended this bhakti-yoga as the topmost yoga
- The breathing exercises of meditation practice were very difficult even five thousand years ago, otherwise Arjuna would not have rejected the proposal of Krsna that he adopt this system
- The descriptions of the Bhagavatam are so precise and accurate that whatever has been predicted in this great literature about five thousand years ago is now exactly happening. Therefore, the vision of the author comprehends past, present and future
- The development of the evolutionary process was known long before from the Bhagavatam, which was written five thousand years ago. There are records of the statements of Kapila Muni, who was present almost in the beginning of the creation
- The modern historians of this earth cannot supply historical evidences of events that occurred before 5,000 years ago
- The present Kali-yuga lasts 432,000 years, out of which we have passed only 5,000 years after the Battle of Kuruksetra and the end of the regime of King Pariksit
- The word raja-kula-raksasa is very significant. Srimad-Bhagavatam was compiled about five thousand years ago, yet government men are referred to as Raksasas, or carnivorous demons
- There are many fools who claim that worship of Krsna began only about five thousand years ago, after the appearance of Lord Krsna in India, but this is not a fact
- There were thousands of rsis in Naimisaranya... When you go to India, you must see this place, Naimisaranya. It is very, very old place. At least, from historical point of view, modern estimate is it is five thousand years old
- This description of the Kali-yuga is given in the Srimad-Bhagavatam. This is called sastra. This Srimad-Bhagavatam was written five thousand years ago when the Kali-yuga was to begin. Now, what will happen in future, everything is given there
- This is the beginning of Kali-yuga. Out of four hundred thousands of years, we have passed only five thousand years. Not only four hundred thousand - four hundred and thirty-two thousands of years. There is regular calculation in the Vedic sastra
- We do not gain any profit simply by researching the analogous provinces of those days up to now, but it appears that the desert of Rajasthan and the provinces of scanty water like Madhya Pradesh were present even five thousand years ago
- Within this five thousand years, we have so much degraded, illusioned by the maya as advancement of civilization. This is maya. So the more days go, we shall be more illusioned
- Wrestling matches are still enjoyed by people in northern India, & it appears from the statements of Srimad-Bhagavatam that five thousand years ago wrestling was popular. Kamsa planned to arrange such a wrestling competition & to invite people to visit