This category has only the following subcategory.
Pages in category "Do You"
The following 151 pages are in this category, out of 151 total.
- If you are slaughtering animals and you are comparing that killing of the vegetables and the killing of the animals is the same, then killing your son and killing an animal is also the same. Why do you discriminate?
- Where is the difference between you and the animal? Why do you say there is no soul?
- According to quality and according to work, there are four divisions of men. Just like you can understand there are engineers and there are medical practitioners. So do you take them as caste
- According to the yoga, God is the Supreme Person. Now just see. This is authoritative statement. You have been in so many yoga societies. Did you ever hear that God is the Supreme Person? Now just see
- And what do you recommend a person to think of? - Lord Caitanya asked. Ramananda replied that one should always think of the pastimes of Krsna. This is Krsna consciousness
- Anything, whatever you see or experience or try to understand, there must be some definition. So when you speak of God, do you know what is the definition of God?
- Arjuna went to the camp of Duryodhana, and he was well received. - Well, Arjuna, come on. What do you want? Come on. Sit down. Do you want anything from me? If you want, I can stop this fight
- As soon as he (Sikhi Mahiti) awakened he embraced his brother and sister and informed them - I am still seeing the same dream (Caitanya was entering the body of Jagannatha and again coming out of His body). Do you think I have become deranged
- As soon as you say "it is supposed," it is not scientific. They are teaching imperfectly. Just like they are advertising so much about the moon. Do you think their knowledge is perfect
- As you have got the laws and the punishment in this government, so why do you think there is no punishment and there is no God? This is utopian. Don't think like that. Utopian. There is God, there is his government, there are his agents
- At the present moment, as you say, in the Kali-yuga, it is accepted that almost everyone is a sudra. Otherwise, do you mean to say because everyone has become sudra, the science of Krsna, or Krsna consciousness, should be stopped? No
- Bali Mardan is my trusted senior disciple, do you think I am a fool to choose him for running on My big New York temple. Rather, if anyone criticizes him, they must be the fool
- But when he became a tiger, he stared at the saintly person, and when the saintly person asked him, "What do you want?" the tiger said, "I want to eat you." Then the saintly person cursed him, saying, "May you again become a mouse."
- By impure consciousness we are transmigrating from . . . now this time, you may be very happy that you have got a very nice body, American body, or you are enjoying life. But do you know what is the next life? That you do not know
- Can any one of you stand up and tell me what is God? Yes. Do you know what is God?
- Cow is your mother. You are drinking milk, therefore she is your mother. And the bull is helping you, producing your food, maintaining. As the father maintains you and mother gives you milk, and do you think it is good to kill them
- Do you belong to the Arjuna category? No. We are thousand times lower than Arjuna's category. And what was impossible for Arjuna, do you think it is possible for you?
- Do you know something about our movement?
- Do you know that mantra? You cannot speak. It is secret?
- Do you know what is God? Do you know?
- Do you know what is meant by "sacrifice"? Yes. That (sacrifice to Visnu, to Krsna) means pleasing Krsna. If Krsna is pleased, He can change destiny
- Do you know what is the process of seeking knowledge? Do you know that?
- Do you like fever? No. Why does it come? I do not know. But it does come, does it not? Yes. Did you try for it? No. So how does it come? By nature. That is the only answer
- Do you like to be classified with the animals?
- Do you mean that the changes which you have already suggested in you letter dated 11th April with quotation from Swami Vivekananda are to be added? We cannot add any quotation from Swami Vivekananda
- Do you mean to say from Krsna only one dozen or two dozen disciples have come? There are many millions and trillions. It has given one list only. That's all
- Do you read? So if you don't read, then you will feel restless: "Oh, let me go from Japan to India, from India to Japan." You are restless because you don't read. I am laboring so hard for you, but you don't take advantage
- Do you think all the caves of the mountains they are now closed? There are many caves. If you want at all shelter, there are already there are natural rooms, apartment. (everyone laughs) You can live there
- Do you think God is so cheap thing, anyone will understand? Because they do not understand, they present something nonsense: "God is like this. God is like that. God is like that."
- Do you think simply by bringing a nice physician and nice medicine you can save your son? Then where is your responsibility
- Do you think that because you are very strong and stout, a big wrestler with muscles, you'll live? No. For Yamaraja there is no consideration that "Here is a weak person, lean and thin, and here is a very strong person"
- Do you think that if you make zero, zero, zero, zero, million times, has it any value? How do they conclude from zero such a management, cosmic manifestation has come
- Do you think that in a dead society or a mad society there can be any peace? No. If the society is full of madmen, then where is the question of peace
- Do you think that you do not love anyone and you become peaceful? No. How it is possible? Therefore, if you love God, then you can love everyone. And if you don't love God, then you cannot love anyone. Because He's the center
- Do you think this nice flower has come out without any brain, this nonsense philosophy? The so-called scientist will put some bombastic word, "this, that. . ." What is that explanation? Nobody can understand
- Do you think you have attained peace? Can anyone of you say, "Yes, I am completely in peace." Then why the youngsters are so much frustrated and confused?
- Do you think you shall require all these books? Of course I have no objection if you keep these as reference books, but we should always remember that we have to give more stress on our spiritual side than the scholastic side
- Do you understand that the soul is immortal and it is transmigrating, tatha dehantara-praptir (BG 2.13)? Do you know all this problem? Then why you have become national leader
- Don't you think that after changing so many dresses, if you are particularly situated in certain kind of nice dress, may be very nice dress, but why do you attach so much importance on that nice dress
- Duryodhana received him (Arjuna) as his brother - My dear brother, you have come? What do you want? You want the kingdom without fighting? Therefore you have come? I can give you. I can stop this fighting if you want without fighting
- Even if you attain that higher planetary system, what do you gain by that? You don't gain anything, because the four principles of material existence will continue there also
- Even if you go to the Aga Khan, he does not fight, do you mean to say that you will live forever
- Everyone needs money. Everyone needs it. Who is not poor? There are so many gentlemen sitting here. Who is not in need of money and food? You are also in need of money. So how do you distinguish poor from rich
- Everyone needs money. Everyone needs. Who is not poor? Anyone find out. So many gentlemen sitting here. Who is not in need of food and money? You are also in need of money. So what do you distinguish poor and rich? Everyone needs
- Everything necessary as we have prescribed. If you think that it is not necessary, unnecessary, then you under the maya. Why do you take that, "Is it necessary?" That means you are not strong enough. You cannot follow
- Have you got any understanding of God? Do you know what is God?
- He is slapped by the police. He says, "Oh, I am independent. Go on slapping." This is insanity. Is it not insanity? The police slaps him, and he says, "I am independent." Do you think independence? So that sort of independence we are having
- He went to the prostitute, and she was astonished: "Well, Bilvamaṅgala" - his name was Bilvamaṅgala - "how do you dare to come here like this?" Oh, he described, "Yes. I did this, I did this, I did this, I did this." Oh, the prostitute was astonished
- Hiranyakasipu, he also performed tapasya. What was that tapasya? He performed severe tapasya, so much so that the whole universe become perturbed and Brahmaji came to see, "What do you want?" No, I am performing tapasya for becoming immortal
- How do you differentiate the Krsna Mahabharata and Krsna God different? Because Krsna is speaking Bhagavad-gita. That is a chapter in the Mahabharata. So how do you differentiate? What is the cause that you are differentiating?
- How do you say that life is from matter? That cannot be proved by experiment
- How do you think that the nature machine is working without the supreme operator? God's instruction. How do you think it? This is not very reasonable. We have to judge. There are different evidences. One of the evidence is hypothesis
- How do you understand that God is great? What is your calculation, that from, on this point, God is great? Just like in your Bible it is said, "God said 'Let there be creation,' and there was creation." Is it not? Is it not statement? So here is greatness
- How now one can see? He has to see through the parampara, succession. You have not seen your great-grandfather. How do you know that he was? How do you know? Great-grandfather or his father, you have not seen. How do you believe?
- If God can provide food and shelter for cats and dogs, do you think God will not provide food and shelter for His confidential devotee? Is God so blind or ingratitude or unable
- If in ordinary laws, in the state laws, that if you have killed somebody you must be hanged, so do you think you can simply bluff the supreme authority, Krsna, that you are going, killing, killing, killing, and you will be saved? No
- If there is no brain, there is no head. If the brain is not working properly, then he's a madman. And if there is no head at all, then he's a dead man. So do you think in a dead society or in a mad society there can be any peace?
- If you are engaged in Krsna's service do you think you will starve? Why? You cannot starve. He is well-wisher of all living entities. Why not for you? This confidence must be there
- If you becoming a servant of dog, your everything is supplied by somebody, but do you think that becoming servant of God, nothing will be supplied to you?
- If you do not know, then why do you take the post of teacher? This is our proposition
- If you give up desire, then you are a dead man. A stone has no desire. Do you like to become a stone-like? No. Desire cannot be less. That is not possible
- If you want to speak your own word, why you take Bhagavad-gita? How much, ah, devilish mentality. You want to speak your own philosophy - speak. Why do you take advantage of Bhagavad-gita? But that is going on
- In regard to this inquiry, Srila Visvanatha Cakravarti Thakura says that the question "To whom do You (Mohini-murti) belong?" means - Whose daughter are You
- In the Bhagavad-gita there is this statement: "Water, earth, air, fire - they are My energies." What is your body? This external body - that is your energy. Do you know that? Your body is made out of your energy
- In the Eleventh Chapter Krsna Himself is described as sanatanah. Do you remember? He is described as sanatanah, the supreme eternal
- In the universities they say that "What is the wrong if I become an animal?'' I asked them, "Do you like to be animal?'' "Yes.'' "Then all right, next time you become animal. (laughter) This is your I give you this blessing. That's all''
- Is it not a Hindi word? Kuruksetra is a name of place. So what is the difficulty? Why do you interpret that Kuruksetra means this body? This rascaldom has killed the whole spiritual atmosphere of India
- Is it very difficult to become a devotee? What do you mean by material life? I am sitting on this bed. Is it material or spiritual? How have we given up material life? What is material
- It is useless, simply wasting time. You cannot perform hatha-yoga in this age. You do not follow the rules and regulations. You are simply bluffed. Do you know what is the rules and regulations of hatha-yoga factually?
- Just like if you invite some of your friend, you ask him, "My dear friend, what do you like to eat?" So if he says: "I like this," so you immediately supply. This is the sign of love
- Just like you can understand there are engineers and there are medical practitioners. So do you take them as caste? "Oh, he is engineer caste. He is medical caste." Do you say like that?
- King Dusmanta said: O beautiful lotus-eyed woman (Sakuntala), who are you? Whose daughter are you? What purpose do you have in this solitary forest? Why are you staying here?
- Krsna also accepted guru. So how you will get the ultimate goal of life without accepting guru? Why do you manufacture this idea? There is no need of manufacturing this. You have to follow
- Krsna is even within the atom. That is realization. One has to realize, and one has to talk with Krsna. So that means he has to qualify himself. Just like in your body there are so many things - do you know everything? Do you know everything?
- Material nature is not working independently, not by accident. It is not accident that exactly at 6:30 or 6:15 the sun is rising. Do you think accident takes place every day?
- Monkey, they are very busy. Do you know? But their business is to simply destroy
- My dear Dhruva, what do you want? You can take from Me (God) whatever you want. - "My dear Lord," the boy replied - I was undergoing such severe penances simply for my father's kingdom and land, but now I have seen You
- My dear father, what is the source of your knowledge? Under whose protection are you standing? And under whom are you working? What is your real position? Do you alone create all entities with material elements by your personal energy
- My father used to do that. He'd go to a vegetable vendor. He has got a big basket, and he'll say, "What do you want for all, the whole basket" So he is ready, because he'll sit down so long, so at very cheap rate he'll give it
- Nanda Maharaja and Yasodamayi inquired, "Now You and Krsna are grown-up married men with children. In the happiness of family life, do You sometimes remember Your poor father and mother, Nanda Maharaja and Yasodadevi"
- Neophyte is neophyte. Why do you bring him to become a devotee? A devotee is different. A "one plus one equal to two," he's not mathematician. He's learning
- Now the danger is mayavadi-bhasya sunile haya sarva-nasa (CC Madhya 6.169). So Vrndavana is full of Mayavadis. Do you accept it? And I am afraid our men may not be influenced
- Now, what do you consider the dearmost thing? Have you analyzed? You yourself are the dearmost thing. I am sitting here, but if there is a fire alarm I shall at once take care of myself: How can I save myself
- Sarasvati, is preaching, "Do you know Krsna?" He says: "No." "He is the Supreme Personality of Godhead." Simply say like that, "He is the Supreme Personality of Godhead," and "Chant His holy name, Hare Krsna." If you do this, then you are preacher
- Simply a long duration dream. Do you think this skyscraper building will stay? Nothing will stay. It may stay for five hundred years or five thousand years, but is it not permanent
- Snake is a snake. Do you think a snake decorated with a jewel on the hood is gentleman?
- So do you think param gatim is available for the third-class, fourth-class, last-class men? No. Krsna says in another place - these things are to be studied very minutely
- So do you think this flower which is coming out daily in your garden in different colors and different smell and flavor, they are being done without any artistic sense? This is nonsense. There is sense. There is God's potency
- Sometimes the question is put before us: "You ask us not to eat meat but you are eating vegetables. Do you think that is not violence?"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu challenged the Muslim Kazi - What kind of religious principle do you follow by killing your father and mother (the bull and cow) to eat them
- Suppose you are a government servant. You are serving in the secretariat. But tomorrow you become Hindu or Muslim or Christian. But do you mean to say that your service in the government will be changed also? No. That will continue
- The commander says, Just go and kill the enemy, and he is rewarded. Do you think that by killing one gets reward? No - it is for the duty discharged
- The demons inquired from the wonderfully beautiful girl (Mohini-murti), "To whom do You belong?" A woman is supposed to belong to her father before her marriage, to her husband after her marriage, and to her grown sons in her old age
- The dogs are by nature howling - "Woof! Woof! Woof!" - as soon as they see other dogs. So do you mean to say there will be peace if you turn human society into dog society, into cat society, into tiger society
- The gopis used to discuss Krsna amongst themselves, and their talks were as follows. "My dear friends," one gopi said, "do you know that when Krsna lies on the ground He rests on His left elbow, and His head rests on His left hand?"
- The government may create a prisonhouse, but why do you go there? Does the government invite you there? No, you become a criminal and go there
- The holy name has to be chanted to please the Supreme Lord, and not for any sense gratification. If this pure mentality is there then you become so glorious that not only do you become purified yourself, but you become competent to deliver others
- The man who is talking, he is also bad man. Everyone is bad man. Here there is no good man. Do you think in the prison house any good men go there? All criminals
- The queens said, "O breeze from the Himalayas, what have we done to you that you are so intent on teasing us by awakening our lust to meet Krsna? Do you not know that we have already been injured by the crooked policy of the Personality of Godhead"
- The SP of Godhead, He told something which is to be understood by the interpretation of a mundane scholar? Do you think it is reasonable? No. Whatever He spoke, that is all right. And that is clear. There is no question of interpreting in a different way
- The whole yoga system means training - our senses, our mind, our this, that, so many things - then we are fixed up in the self. Do you think that simply by fifteen minutes' meditation we realize? And do all nonsense all the day? No. It requires training
- Then (when Christian priests say animals have no souls) we ask them - How do you know that animals have no souls? Animals and children are of the same nature. Does this mean that the children of human society also have no souls
- There are so many monkeys, dogs and hogs also; they are in Vrndavana. Do you mean to say that they are living in Vrndavana? No. Anyone who wants to satisfy senses in Vrndavana, their next life is dogs, hogs, and monkeys
- There are so many poems written by great acaryas. Why do you try to concoct something like this? It is not in our line
- These rascals say nirakara. Nirakara means there is no God. Say frankly that there is no God. Why do you say, "Yes, there is God, but He has no head, no tail, no leg, no hand"? So what is there? So this is another cheating
- They are proud of education, proud of learning, advancement, everything, all right, complete. But real knowledge - "Do you know God?" - that he cannot explain
- They stand, make competition, "I am the President." If you are President, why you require election? The simple truth. If you are actually President, then why do you depend on other's vote? You become President. No. Artificial President
- They think to become rich is more than understanding Krsna. That is the position. Therefore they are not interested. They say frankly that "We are not interested. Why do you bother us?" Just see
- This is preaching. Flatter, fall down on his feet, and eulogize him, as great intelligent, great rich. then he may little hear. And when he says, "What do you want?" "Now, (laughter) I want this, sir. Whatever rascaldom you have learned, please forget
- To collect seventy thousand dollars and spend every month, do you think is very easy job? A big government is concerned, or a big company, to collect seventy thousand dollars and distribute it again. It is a big problem
- We are all Brahmans. Aham brahmasmi. Every one of us, living entity, Brahman. But He is the chief Brahman. Just like you are all Americans, but your president is the chief American. Do you understand? So similarly, Krsna is the chief Brahman
- We are all rascals, blindly following? Do you think like that? Then why I have not seen? Why do you ask this? If we are acting for Krsna, do you mean to say that we are following blindly? Do you think like that
- We are daily, every moment, seeing (Krsna). Every moment. Otherwise, do you mean to say we are blindly following something
- We are not callous; we are very much sympathetic to give them knowledge. How do you say? The devotees are not callous. Why they are touring all over the world, accepting so much trouble, opposition?
- We are not meant to manufacture a society of monkeys or tigers or asses - or rascals who work very hard. Do you mean to say a society of asses will derive any benefit from life? No
- We are order-carrier of Krsna. We ask Krsna, "What do You want to eat?" And Krsna says in the Bhagavad-gita that - Give me vegetable, fruits, liquids. I shall be very much pleased
- We are spreading Hindu culture throughout the whole world. He has to judge from this point of view, by the result. The persons, the people who are accustomed to kill cows, they are giving up meat-eating. Do you think it is ordinary thing
- We can say from our poor knowledge that as they have failed in the moon planet, they will fail also in the Mars. Take it down. Note now. Do you know this is all bluff
- We have offered fruits. Not that because we are vegetarian, but Krsna wants this. Just like if you invite some of your friend, you ask him, - My dear friend, what do you like to eat
- Well, these are not the subject matter for serious thought? Do you think? You are under the grip of the laws of material nature. Do you admit or not?
- What do you mean by "successfully living"? Successfully living does not mean that you work hard just like cats and dogs, and eat something and have sex life at night. That is not successful life
- What do you mean by Hindu scripture? Huh? So they are interpreting in their own way. So Krsna is not for the Hindus or the Mussulmans or Christians. He is God. He is everyone. He is for everyone
- When Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu asked, "Among all the mellows, which do you consider best?" Raghupati Upadhyaya replied, "The mellow of conjugal love is supermost."
- When there is flat grass cushion, why should you ask for bedding? When you have got natural pillow, this hand, why you ask for a pillow? Then when there is river, so much water, why do you stock water?
- When you cite isavasya and at the same time "politicians" and "leaders," do you think the leaders and the politicians follow isavasya philosophy?
- Where do you find void? This void philosophy is another illusion. There cannot be any void
- Why are you asking for more men to help you in Florida? As I created, so you must create others; that is Parampara. You are already three; why do you need any more? And you are big three. You just try sincerely in your work and Krishna will bless you
- Why do you (mayavadi vedantists) simply remain stuck at the point that the Absolute Truth is that from which everything emanates
- Why do you accept somebody as mahatma who does not speak about Krsna? Then you are misleading yourself. Everything, direction, is there (in Bhagavad-gita). Why you create your own mahatma? If you want to be cheated, who can check you? That is your fault
- Why do you accept these rascals as religious? That is your fault. Why should you stick to them, that they cannot teach what is real religion? So let us give you
- Why do you fight? Why do you fight? Instead of worshiping, why do you fight?
- Why do you forget chanting Hare Krsna? This is negligence, aparadha, offense. Rather, you should forget your sleeping and eating and must finish sixteen rounds. This is called determination
- Why do you say that life comes from chemicals? Why do you make this false propaganda? That is our protest
- Why do you study Krsna like you? Why do you think that Krsna was like you?
- Why do you take advantage of my book and misinterpret? This is cheating. Because my book is very popular, you take advantage of my book and preach your own nonsense philosophy. This is going on
- Why do you think, why you are so much pessimistic of this life? Just work hard and enjoy life. That's all
- Why do you want to change the wheels? This is unnecessary. Don’t do this. Keep the old system strong and if necessary, repair it
- Why do you write such a crazy letter? You cannot write like a normal person? Anyway, I hope that you are following all of the rules and regulations very carefully without any deviation
- You are going somewhere, purchasing the plane ticket. Do you ask, "How many tickets you have sold?" Huh? What is the use of? You just purchase your ticket and get on the airplane and go. Don't waste your valuable time in that way
- You are not thinking it is hellish? This is hellish planet. What do you mean by hellish planet? Especially this London, (laughter) always dark and moist, and what do you want more, hellish?
- You can become very healthy. But does it mean that health is the perfection of life? Do you mean to say healthy life will not die, will not change his body? So health is required, but health is not the ultimate goal of life
- You have any doubt in the supreme nature of Krsna?
- You have got your head, you have got your hand, you have got your leg, you have got your coat, you have got your pant, but do you know where you are?
- You have manufactured the Sputnik, flying in the outer space, but do you know that in spite of all wonderful mechanical arrangement of Sputnik or any machine, can it go on without any touch of a man? No
- You speak, you preach your own philosophy. There are so many philosophies. But our only objection is that "Why should you preach your nonsense philosophy through Bhagavad-gita?" Do you think it is right