Pages in category "Child Caitanya"
The following 46 pages are in this category, out of 46 total.
- A snake came out to crawl in the yard of the Lord (Nimai), who captured the snake like a curious child. Immediately the snake coiled over Him. The Lord as a child then rested on the snake, and after some time the snake went away, leaving the Lord aside
- After calculating the birth moment of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu, Nilambara Cakravarti privately said to Jagannatha Misra that he saw all the different symptoms of a great personality in both the body and birth moment of the child
- All sorts of respectable brahmana gentlemen and ladies, carrying plates filled with various gifts, came with their presentations. Seeing the newborn child, whose form resembled natural glaring gold, all of them happily offered their blessings
- All the friendly ladies who came to see the child would chant the holy names, "Hari, Hari!" as soon as the child would cry
- Astonished that the child was speaking Mayavada philosophy, mother Saci replied, "Who has taught You this philosophical speculation that justifies eating dirt?
- I am not even fit to be your disciple. Therefore kindly do not take seriously whatever childish impudence I have shown
- I replied to Visvarupa, 'I have My helpless father and mother, and also I am but a child. What do I know about the sannyasa order of life?
- In the dress of brahmanas’ wives, celestial ladies like the wives of Lord Brahma and Lord Siva also came to see the newborn child
- In the future this child will protect and maintain all the world. For this reason He is to be called Visvambhara
- It is very good, my dear child, that You have attained the supreme goal of life by developing love of Godhead. Thus You have pleased me very much, and I am very much obliged to You
- Many other riches, including gold and silver coins, were also presented to the child
- My dear child, continue dancing, chanting and performing sankirtana in association with devotees. Furthermore, go out and preach the value of chanting krsna-nama, for by this process You will be able to deliver all fallen souls
- Once the child, Caitanya Mahaprabhu, chastised His mother with His soft hand, and His mother pretended to faint. Seeing this, the Lord began to cry
- One day shortly after Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu was born, Advaita Acarya's wife, Sitadevi, who is worshipable by the whole world, took her husband's permission and went to see that topmost child with all kinds of gifts and presentations
- One day while the Lord was enjoying His playful sports with the other little children, mother Saci brought a dish filled with fused rice and sweetmeats and asked the child to sit down and eat them
- Seeing the transcendental bodily effulgence of the child, each of His nicely constructed limbs full of auspicious signs & resembling a form of gold, Sita Thakurani was very pleased & because of her maternal affection she felt as if her heart were melting
- She (Mother Saci) directly had as her child Lord Visnu, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, and she served Him from the day of His appearance. This is the position of nitya-siddha associates
- She blessed the newborn child by placing fresh grass and paddy on His head and saying, "May You be blessed with a long duration of life." But being afraid of ghosts and witches, she gave the child the name Nimai
- Sita Thakurani was astonished to see the newborn child, for she appreciated that except for a difference in color, the child was directly Krsna of Gokula Himself
- Sometimes a neighbor would complain to Sacimata, "My child is very small, but your child (Lord Caitanya) puts water in his ears and makes him cry"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu is the SP of Godhead, Krsna Himself. How is He stealing, and how is He fighting? It is not as a thief or an enemy but as a friend in a loving condition. He steals as a child not because He is in want but out of a natural instinct
- The Caitanya-bhagavata describes that one day while the Lord was crawling upon His knees, the bells on His waist ringing very sweetly, a snake came out to crawl in the yard of the Lord, who captured the snake like a curious child
- The Lord got up on the shoulders of the thieves, & while they were thinking they were safely carrying the child to rob His ornaments, the Lord misled them, and thus instead of going to their own home the thieves came back to the home of Jagannatha Misra
- The neighboring ladies told Him, "Dear child, please bring a coconut from somewhere, and then Your mother will be cured"
- The story of the deliverance of the brahmana: By the request of Jagannatha Misra he (the brahmana) cooked for a second time, but when he was meditating the child (Nimai) again came before him and began to eat the food, again spoiling the offering
- The thieves, thinking it dangerous to remain, went away and left Him (Lord Caitanya). The child was brought within the house and given to mother Saci, who was in great anxiety, and she became satisfied
- There are thirty-two bodily marks that symptomize a great personality, and I see all those marks on the body of this child
- There is a nice description of the faults of Sri Caitanya in His childhood in the Caitanya-bhagavata, Adi-khanda, Chapter Three, where it is said that as a child the Lord used to steal all kinds of eatables from the houses of neighboring friends
- There were also tiger nails set in gold, waist decorations of silk and lace, ornaments for the hands and legs, nicely printed silken saris, and a child's garment, also made of silk
- They (two thieves) took Him (Lord Caitanya) on their shoulders, pleasing Him by offering Him some sweetmeats. The thieves thought they would carry the child to the forest and then kill Him and take away the ornaments
- This child will preach the Vaisnava cult and deliver both His maternal and paternal families
- Thus he understood that in the future this child would deliver all the three worlds
- When Nilambara Cakravarti, Sacimata and Jagannatha Misra understood from the marks on the Lord’s lotus feet that child Nimai was not an ordinary child but an incarnation of Narayana
- When she returned to her household duties, the child hid from His mother and began to eat dirt
- When the brahmana was offering the food to Lord Visnu in meditation, child Nimai came before him and began to eat it, and because of this the brahmana thought the whole offering had been spoiled
- When the child was going out, there was a tinkling of ankle bells from His lotus feet. Hearing this, His father and mother were struck with wonder
- When they (thieves) came before His (lord Caitanya's) house they became afraid because everyone from the house of Jagannatha Misra and all the inhabitants of that quarter were busy searching for the child
- When you are liberated from the body, that is another thing. For practical purposes . . . This philosophy was discussed by the mother of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu when He was a child. This philosophy.
- While mother Saci and Jagannatha Misra were talking, child Nimai woke up and began to cry, and mother Saci took Him on her lap and allowed Him to suck her breast
- While mother Saci was feeding the child from her breast, she saw on His lotus feet all the marks that were visible on the floor of the room, and she called for Jagannatha Misra