Category:Caitanya As a Sannyasi
Pages in category "Caitanya As a Sannyasi"
The following 75 pages are in this category, out of 75 total.
- A sannyasi eats as much as necessary to maintain his body, but he does not enjoy satisfying his senses materially. Thus a sannyasi becomes perfect in his spiritual advancement in knowledge
- A sannyasi in the renounced order is certainly part and parcel of the complete whole, just as a shining molecular particle of sunshine is part and parcel of the sun itself. Krsna is like the sun, full of six opulences
- A sannyasi is duty-bound to take all these risks without fear, and the most typical sannyasi of the present age is Lord Caitanya, who traveled in the same manner through the central Indian jungles, enlightening even the tigers, bears, snakes and deers
- A sannyasi is forbidden to hear songs sung by the fair sex. Yet even in the rigid position of a sannyasi He (Caitanya) recommended the mode of worship preferred by the gopis of Vrndavana as the topmost loving service possible to be rendered to the Lord
- A sannyasi is recommended to beg from the house of a brahmana. Caitanya Mahaprabhu used to do that, because a brahmana is always suci; they are not unclean
- After receiving the manuscript, the brahmana, being very pleased, said, "Sir, You are Lord Ramacandra Himself and have come in the dress of a sannyasi to give me audience"
- After the seven palm trees had departed for Vaikuntha, everyone was astonished to see that they were gone. The people then began to say, "This sannyasi called Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu must be an incarnation of Lord Ramacandra"
- Although I am (Sri Caitanya) a sannyasi, My mind is sometimes perturbed when I see a woman. But Ramananda Raya is greater than Me, for he is always undisturbed, even when he touches a woman
- Although Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was running after him mentally, He patiently remained sitting. Ramananda Raya, seeing the wonderful sannyasi, then came to see Him
- As a beggar sannyasi, a mendicant, I wish to live alone in a solitary place, but these people come to tell Me about their unhappiness and disturb Me
- Being a sannyasi, I have a duty to lie down on the ground and to take a bath three times a day, even during the winter. But Mukunda becomes very unhappy when he sees My severe austerities
- Being a sannyasi, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was very strict in His dealings with women. Unless the gopis were on the spiritual platform, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu would have never even mentioned them to Svarupa Damodara Gosvami
- Feeding a sannyasi too much breaks his regulative principles, for when a sannyasi eats too much, his renunciation is destroyed
- From the incident of Haridasa's passing away & the great care Caitanya took in commemorating it, one can understand just how affectionate He is toward His devotees. Although He is the topmost of all sannyasis, He fully satisfied the desire of Haridasa
- He said, "I am a sannyasi, and I certainly consider Myself renounced. But what to speak of seeing a woman, if I even hear the name of a woman, I feel changes in My mind and body. Therefore who could remain unmoved by the sight of a woman?'
- Hearing these words, Sarvabhauma understood Lord Caitanya to be a Vaisnava sannyasi
- I am a poor sannyasi, I cannot abandon the duties of the renounced order, and therefore I follow them strictly
- I am a young sannyasi, and I actually have no knowledge of what is good and what is bad. Therefore I am taking shelter of you and accepting you as My spiritual master
- I have heard that You have cut Your eating in half. Indeed, I see that You are skinny. Such dry renunciation is also not the religion of a sannyasi
- If a person offers obeisances to Me, even due to accepting Me only as an ordinary sannyasi, his material distresses will diminish, and he will ultimately get liberation
- If someone passing on the road smelled this oil on My head, he would think Me a dari sannyasi, a tantric sannyasi who keeps women
- In His later pastimes He accepts the sannyasa order, and He is equipoised and peaceful. He is the highest abode of peace and devotion, for He silences the impersonalist nondevotees
- Last night there was sugar candy here, he said. "Therefore ants are wandering about. Alas, this renounced sannyasi is attached to such sense gratification!" After speaking in this way, he got up and left
- Lord Caitanya never even heard the prayers of the deva-dasis offered in the temple of Jagannatha because a sannyasi is forbidden to hear songs sung by the fair sex
- Lord Caitanya was born in a high brahmana family and was situated in the highest perfectional stage of sannyasa, He nonetheless showed by His behavior that even an elevated person would not hesitate to take lessons from Ramananda Raya
- Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu continued, "After hearing about your glories, I have come to your place. But you are offering Me words of praise out of respect for a sannyasi, one in the renounced order of life"
- No one has witnessed such bodily changes elsewhere, nor has anyone read of them in the revealed scriptures. Yet Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, the supreme sannyasi, exhibited these ecstatic symptoms
- Nor does the manifestation of the Lord's pleasure potency have any connection with such (sex life) degraded things. Lord Caitanya was a strict sannyasi, so much so that He did not allow any woman to come near Him, not even to bow down and offer respects
- Ramacandra Puri advised, "It is not the business of a sannyasi to gratify his senses. He should fill his belly some way or other"
- Ramananda Raya then told Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, "At first I saw You appear like a sannyasi, but now I am seeing You as Syamasundara, the cowherd boy"
- Regarding the worship of our Gaura Nitai by women pujaris, we worship Lord Caitanya in His householder life when He was with His wife, and not as a sannyasi. So, it is alright for women to do this service
- Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya said, "'Sri Krsna' is a very good name, but He belongs to the Bharati community. Therefore He is a second-class sannyasi"
- Seeing the Lord unconscious, the soldiers thought, "This sannyasi must have possessed a large quantity of gold"
- Sit down here for a while and keep us all under arrest. When the sannyasi regains his senses, you can question Him. Then, if you like, you can kill us all
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu continued, "Please do not try to cheat Me, thinking of Me as a learned sannyasi. Please satisfy My mind by just describing the truth of Radha and Krsna"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu is in the renounced order of life. Consequently He does not recognize discrepancies. As a matter of fact, a sannyasi is not affected by eating food from anywhere and everywhere
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu replied, "My dear Ramananda, you should make this request after duly considering whether it is befitting for a sannyasi to meet a king"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu replied, "My dear Vallabha Bhatta, you are a learned scholar. Kindly listen to Me. I am a sannyasi of the Mayavada school. Therefore I have no chance of knowing what krsna-bhakti is"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said, "It is not proper for a sannyasi to eat such a variety of foods. If he does, how can he control his senses"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said, "The King must personally realize the money that is due. I am but a sannyasi, a member of the renounced order. What can I do"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said, "These are not rogues. They are My associates. Being a sannyasi beggar, I do not possess anything"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu then asked them, "Where have you seen Krsna directly?" The people replied, "You are a sannyasi, a renunciant; therefore You are a moving Narayana (jangama-narayana)"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was mistaken for an ordinary sannyasi, the fisherman was mistaken for Krsna, and the torchlight was mistaken for bright jewels on Kaliya's hoods
- The Bhattacarya said, "Hearing Vedanta philosophy is a sannyasi's main business. Therefore without hesitation You should study Vedanta philosophy, hearing it without cessation from a superior person"
- The blasphemers said, "Although a sannyasi, He does not take interest in the study of Vedanta but instead always engages in chanting and dancing in sankirtana."
- The brahmana belonged to the Sanodiya brahmana community, and a sannyasi does not accept food from such a brahmana
- The brahmana told Prakasananda Sarasvati, "There is a sannyasi who has come from Jagannatha Puri, and I cannot describe His wonderful influence and glories"
- The brahmanas thought, "We can see that this sannyasi has a luster like the effulgence of Brahman, but how is it He is crying upon embracing a sudra, a member of the fourth caste in the social order"
- The change of dress is only a formality. Lord Caitanya did not accept the name of a sannyasi, and in this age of Kali the so-called sannyasis should not change their former names, following in the footsteps of Lord Caitanya
- The Lord replied, "A sannyasi has no use for oil, especially perfumed oil such as this. Take it out immediately"
- The people said that the sannyasi had fallen unconscious upon seeing the Deity of Lord Jagannatha. Because His consciousness did not return, Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya had taken Him to his home
- The sannyasi is very meek and humble by nature, and His person is very beautiful to see. Consequently my affection for Him increases
- These four rogues here must have taken away that sannyasi's riches after killing Him by making Him take the poison dhutura
- They thought, "This Ramananda Raya is the Governor of Madras, a highly learned and grave person, a maha-pandita, but upon touching this sannyasi he has become restless like a madman"
- This Caitanya is a sannyasi in name only. Actually He is a first-class magician. In any case, His sentimentalism cannot be very much in demand here in Kasi
- This Caitanya Mahaprabhu is an illiterate sannyasi and therefore does not know His real function. Guided only by His sentiments, He wanders about in the company of other sentimentalists
- This much food is sufficient to satisfy ten or twelve men, but this sannyasi alone is eating so much
- This sannyasi is my spiritual master, and I am from Mathura. I am a brahmana, and I know many people who are in the service of the Muslim king
- This sannyasi sometimes falls unconscious due to the influence of a disease. Please sit down here, and you will see that He will very soon regain consciousness and His normal condition
- Thus the Lord accepted the sannyasa order of life after full consideration
- When Caitanya Mahaprabhu was traveling alone, wherever He goes, He was invited. That system is still there. A sannyasi is never hungry. So many people will provide him
- When Ramananda Raya fell to the ground unconscious, Caitanya Mahaprabhu touched his hand, and he immediately regained consciousness. But when he saw Lord Caitanya in the dress of a sannyasi, he was struck with wonder
- When Ramananda Raya saw the wonderful sannyasi, he was struck with wonder. He went to Him and immediately offered his respectful obeisances, falling down flat like a rod
- When Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu went to visit the temple, Kasisvara walked in front, checking the crowds of people, and Govinda walked in the rear, bringing the sannyasi's pitcher filled with water
- When they entered the temple, Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya offered Caitanya Mahaprabhu a seat, while he himself sat down on the floor out of due respect for a sannyasi
- Yet even in the rigid position of a sannyasi He (Caitanya) recommended the mode of worship preferred by the gopis of Vrndavana as the topmost loving service possible to be rendered to the Lord
- You are a sannyasi. Why then do You indulge in chanting and dancing, engaging in Your sankirtana movement in the company of fanatics?
- You are naturally respectable. Besides, You are a sannyasi; thus I wish to become Your personal servant