This category refers to the noun "base", meaning a center of organization, supply, or activity; a headquarters
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Base (meaning "low") (1 C, 5 P)
Pages in category "Base"
The following 27 pages are in this category, out of 27 total.
- As we inquire every morning, "What is the news today?" Immediately we pick newspaper. That inquisitiveness is there. But we are inquiring very base things only. There is no desire to inquire about the highest possibility, brahma-jnana
- Aside from us, what is to be said of others, like the demons and human beings, who are in the base modes of material nature (rajo-guna and tamo-guna)? How will they know You?
- If we have got solid financial base there from the Hindu community, then we can go to all parts of Japan and open up centers and distribute our literature in Japanese language
- In front of the temple of Jagannatha is a column on which the statue of Garuda is situated. It is called the Garuda-stambha. At the base of that column is a ditch, and that ditch was filled with the tears of the Lord - Caitanya
- It is said that the alchemists of the medieval age tried to prepare gold from base metal, and Srila Sanatana Gosvami also states that when bell metal is treated with mercury, it can produce gold
- It was not like the furniture of the present day (in the Vedic civilization), which is cast in valueless plastic or base metal
- Of that, 16,000 yojanas (128,000 miles) are within the earth, and therefore the mountain's height above the earth is 84,000 yojanas (672,000 miles). The mountain's width is 32,000 yojanas (256,000 miles) at its summit and 16,000 yojanas at its base
- On the end of its tail is the planet of Dhruva, on the body of its tail are the planets of the demigods Prajapati, Agni, Indra and Dharma, and at the base of its tail are the planets of the demigods Dhata and Vidhata
- One pana is eighty kadis, or small conchshells. Formerly, even fifty or sixty years ago, there was no paper currency in India. Coins were generally made not of base metal but of gold, silver and copper
- One who has conquered these two base mentalities and has raised himself to the platform of goodness, which is full of knowledge and morality, cannot also control the senses, namely the eyes, the tongue, the nose, the ear and touch
- The devotee is therefore above the three modes of material nature and is even transcendental to the brahmana platform. A brahmana may be infected by the two baser modes - namely rajo-guna and tamo-guna
- The houses were all illuminated by hundreds and thousands of lamps placed in different corners of the cornices, walls, columns, bases and architraves, and from far away the rays of the lamps appeared to be celebrating the festival of Dipavali
- The Lord constantly exhibited a state of mind reflecting the madness of separation. All His activities were based on forgetfulness, and His talks were always based on madness
- The temple is a place not for eating and sleeping, but as a base from which we send out our soldiers to fight with maya
- The thirteen meanings of the atmarama verse mentioned here are based on the following meanings for the word atmarama: (1) sadhaka, the neophyte performer; (2) brahma-maya, one absorbed in the thought of impersonal Brahman
- These lawyers are highly educated with so many qualifications and are nicely dressed, but their mentality is more base than that of a dog. "This man has some money, so let us conspire to cheat him." They are simply miscreants
- They (people of the world) avariciously base their undertakings on the perishable conceptions of "my" and "mine." As long as they do not take shelter of Your safe lotus feet, they are full of such anxieties
- This is also confirmed in the Hari-bhakti-vilasa by Sri Sanatana Gosvami: "As a base metal like bell metal can be changed into gold by a chemical process, any person can similarly be changed into a brahmana by diksa-vidhana, the initiation process
- Thus some sat on the platform, some at the base of the platform, and some on the bank of the Ganges, and they were all supplied two pots each by the twenty men who distributed the food
- You should make political propagation on the basis of reforming the whole human society. The leaders must be an ideal class of men, with ideal character, free from the four sinful activities
- You understand that this colorful life of material existence is not good. But what is your positive engagement? Unless you are positively engaged in another superior colorful life, you cannot give up this base colorful life