arrest | arrested | arresting | arrests
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Arrest"
The following 150 pages are in this category, out of 150 total.
- A less intelligent person may first have to be arrested and punished for stealing to learn to stop stealing. However, a rascal, a foolish man, may have the experience of both hearing and seeing and may even be punished, but still he continues to steal
- A person who appropriates another's legitimate wife, children or money is arrested at the time of death by the fierce Yamadutas, who bind him with the rope of time and forcibly throw him into the hellish planet known as Tamisra
- A person who commits murder is envious of himself and also the person he has killed, for the result of committing murder is that he will be arrested and hanged
- A thief may know perfectly well that he may be arrested for his stealing, and he may actually even see a thief arrested by the police, yet he continues to steal
- A thief who knows that stealing is not good and who knows that it is followed with punishment by a king or by God, who has seen that thieves are arrested and punished by the police, nonetheless steals again and again
- Actually the position of Yamaraja was very awkward in the case of Ajamila because the Yamadutas were right in attempting to arrest Ajamila, but the Visnudutas had baffled them
- After putting them (men & women) within the caves, he would close the entrances with large chunks of stone, like the bhrngi insect, which arrests and carries away many flies and other insects and puts them within the holes of the trees where it lives
- After sending a confidential account to the government treasury, the caudhuri brought the minister in charge. The caudhuri came, wanting to arrest Hiranya dasa, but Hiranya dasa had left home. Therefore the caudhuri arrested Raghunatha dasa
- Ahimsa means not arresting the progressive life of any living entity. BG 1972 purports
- All of them (Dhrtarastra, Bhisma, Vidura and Arjuna), under the counsel of the elder members of the Kuru family, decided to arrest the boy (Samba) but not kill him
- All the principal servants of Lord Jagannatha are then arrested by her (of the goddess of fortune's) maidservants, brought before her and forced to fall down at her lotus feet
- Although bereft of his riches, fallen from his original position, defeated and arrested by his enemies, rebuked and deserted by his relatives and friends, Bali Maharaja, being fixed in his vow, did not give up his truthfulness
- Although King Puranjana should not have lamented over the fate of his wife and children, he nonetheless did so due to his miserly intelligence. In the meantime, Yavana-raja, whose name was fear itself, immediately drew near to arrest him
- Although they (the Yamadutas) had gone to arrest Ajamila, following Yamaraja's order, they found themselves unsuccessful because of the order of some higher authority. Therefore they were unsure of whether there were many authorities or only one
- Although Yamaraja is above offenses, his servants, practically with his permission, went to arrest Ajamila, which was a great offense
- And where have those four liberated and very beautiful persons gone who released me from arrest and saved me from being dragged down to the hellish regions?
- Arjuna arrested Asvatthama knowing perfectly well that he was the son of Dronacarya. Krsna also knew him to be so, but both of them condemned the murderer without consideration of his being the son of a brahmana
- Arjuna, his eyes blazing in anger like two red balls of copper, dexterously arrested the son of Gautami and bound him with ropes like an animal
- As a criminal is arrested for punishment by the constables of the state, a person engaged in criminal sense gratification is similarly arrested by the Yamadutas, who bind him by the neck & cover his subtle body so that he may undergo severe punishment
- As soon as Asvatthama was brought before Draupadi, she thought it intolerable that a brahmana should be arrested like a culprit and brought before her in that condition, especially when the brahmana happened to be a teacher's son
- As soon as he is detected, arrest is awaiting him. Similarly, for some of our sinful activities we are awaiting distresses in the future, and for others, which are mature, we are suffering at the present moment
- As soon as Maharaja Pariksit saw that a lower-class man in the dress of a king was hurting the legs of a cow and a bull, at once he arrested and punished him
- As soon as the mind, being defeated by lusty desires, drifts toward feelings of sense gratification, the yogi should immediately bring it back and arrest it within the core of his heart
- As soon as the plunderers on the road see a Bengali traveling alone, they take everything from him, arrest him and do not let him go
- At that time another person came there in great haste, bringing the news that Vaninatha Raya and his entire family had been arrested
- Balarama said, "King Ugrasena knows very well that you warriors of the Kuru dynasty improperly fought with the pious Samba, who was alone, and that with great difficulty and unrighteous tactics you have arrested him"
- Bali Maharaja's chaste wife, afraid and aggrieved at seeing her husband arrested, immediately offered obeisances to Lord Vamanadeva (Upendra). She folded her hands and spoke
- Bali Maharaja's tolerance and devotion were undoubtedly superexcellent. Garuda arrested Bali Maharaja to show the entire universe the greatness of the King's tolerance
- Bali Maharaja's wife accused Bali Maharaja by saying that although the Supreme Personality of Godhead had arrested him, showing him extraordinary mercy
- Bali Maharaja's wife, who was most intelligent, supported the arrest of her husband and accused him of having no intelligence because he had claimed proprietorship of the property of the Lord. Such a claim is a sign of demoniac life
- Banasura knew various arts of fighting, and by the grace of Lord Siva he knew how to arrest his enemy by the use of a naga-pasa, snake-noose, and thus he seized Aniruddha as he came out of the palace
- Being baffled in his attempt to win Draupadi, Karna advised Duryodhana to attack King Drupada, for after defeating him both Arjuna and Draupadi could be arrested. But Dronacarya rebuked them for this conspiracy, and they refrained from the action
- Bhimasena felt it very fitting that Duryodhana and his company were arrested. This could have been accomplished by the Pandavas only with great endeavor
- During the time of cow-stealing in Virata-nagara, he (Trigarta) was able to arrest Maharaja Virata, but later Maharaja Virata was released by Bhima. In the Battle of Kuruksetra he also fought very valiantly, but at the end he was killed by Arjuna
- During the time of cow-stealing in Virata-nagara, Susarma was able to arrest Maharaja Virata, but later Maharaja Virata was released by Bhima
- Each time he had to return home disappointed. Each time, the princely order of the Yadu dynasty arrested Jarasandha in the same way and again released him in an insulting manner, and each time Jarasandha shamelessly returned home
- Even one hundred years ago in the state of Kashmir in India, the king was so strong that if a thief were arrested in his kingdom and brought before him, the king would immediately chop off the hands of the thief
- Every day we see that a person without knowledge commits some criminal act and is later arrested and punished, despite the fact that he actually may not have been conscious of his sinful activity
- Fearing his death, Kamsa arrested Vasudeva and Devaki and chained them with iron shackles. Suspecting each of the children to be Visnu, Kamsa killed them one after another because of the prophecy that Visnu would kill him - SB 10.1.65-66
- Five great warriors - Karna, Sala, Bhuri, Yajnaketu and Duryodhana, the father of the girl - who were all maha-rathis and who were guided by the great fighter Bhismadeva, attempted to arrest the boy Samba
- He (Jarasandha) used to sacrifice all arrested kings before Lord Mahabhairava (Siva) and by his military power he defeated many small kings and arrested them to butcher before Mahabhairava
- He (Krsna) caught hold of him exactly as a lion catches hold of a lamb. The demon tried to expand himself like a hill to escape arrest, but Krsna did not allow him to get out of His clutches
- He (Nanda Maharaj) entered deep into the water of the river, but he was arrested immediately by one of the servants of Varunadeva. This servant brought Nanda Maharaja before the demigod Varuna & accused him of taking a bath in the river at the wrong time
- He (Narada) explained how Aniruddha had been carried to the city of Sonitapura, the capital of Banasura's empire, and how Banasura had arrested him with the naga-pasa, even though Aniruddha had defeated his soldiers
- He arrested Ramacandra Khan, along with his wife and sons, and then he continuously plundered the house and village for three days
- He is so much absorbed in ignorance that he has no time to think that "Repeatedly I am stealing, and repeatedly I am arrested, and I am punished, I sent to jail. Why I am doing this?"
- Hearing this, the Nawab of Bengal stood up and returned to his home. He ordered the arrest of Sanatana Gosvami so that he would not be able to leave
- Here (in SB 4.5.21) a reference is made to the marriage of Aniruddha, a grandson of Lord Krsna's. He kidnapped the daughter of Dantavakra, and thereafter he was arrested
- I am also very pleased to learn that you have come out successful in stopping the police from arresting our men and stopping our sankirtana activities
- I do not fear being deprived of all my possessions, living in hellish life, being arrested for poverty by the ropes of Varuna or being punished by You as much as I fear defamation
- I say that if you are arrested, why you should be sorry? You go in the jail and chant Hare Krsna. That's all
- If he tries to commit any further harm to you or attack you physically, inform the police and have him arrested
- If somebody has done something wrong he is taken to the court and the judge gives his decision, whether he is criminal or not. The man who has arrested him, he cannot give the decision. It has to be tried by the higher authority
- If you are excused and again come back and again do the same sinful activities, criminal activities, and if you are again arrested, then you'll be very, very severely punished. It is a common sense
- In courts of justice it is often found that magistrates are bribed for favorable judgments. Sometimes religious men who preach the Krsna consciousness movement for the benefit of the entire populace are arrested and harassed by the police and courts
- In many instances they (the Mayavadis) were checked by the government, arrested and punished. In Orissa, Thakura Bhaktivinoda punished a so-called incarnation of Visnu who was imitating the rasa-lila with young girls
- In order to see his (Samba's) personal strength, however, they (the members of the Kuru dynasty) fought with him, and without respect for the regulations of fighting, they all arrested him
- In the beginning of the Srimad-Bhagavatam it is also said that by the recitation of Srimad-Bhagavatam, the Supreme Lord becomes at once arrested within one's heart
- In the Upanisads it is said that the SP of Godhead can run with more speed than the mind, but here (in SB 10.9) we see that although Krsna wanted to avoid being arrested by His mother, He was finally defeated, and mother Yasoda captured Him
- In this way, Jarasandha, the King of Magadha Province, having lost all his strength and having been insulted by his arrest and subsequent release, could do nothing but return to his kingdom. Thus Lord Krsna conquered the soldiers of Jarasandha
- Indra, the King of heaven, decided to arrest Prahlada mother because he thought that another demon, another Hiranyakasipu, was within her womb. The best course, he thought, was to kill the child when the child was born, then the woman could be released
- It had happened that when King Jarasandha conquered all other kingdoms, many kings did not bow their heads before Jarasandha, and consequently all of them, numbering twenty thousand, were arrested and made his prisoners
- Jarasandha was very powerful, and having been defeated seventeen times, he might vengefully kill the members of the Yadu family or arrest them and take them to his kingdom
- Just like if you have become criminal and you are arrested by the state. Suppose you are millionaires. Your money will save you? No. That will not save
- Kamsa had been forcibly ruling the kingdom of Yadu, in spite of the presence of his father, whom he had arrested. But after the death of Kamsa, his father was released and announced to be the monarch of the Yadu kingdom
- Kamsa said, "The cowherd boys who have come with Them should be plundered and all their riches taken away. Nanda Maharaja should immediately be arrested and killed for his cunning behavior, and that rascal Vasudeva should also be killed without delay"
- Kamsa tried to arrest Krsna consciousness within his house (bhojendra-gehe), with the result that Kamsa, with all his opulences, was later vanquished
- Kaurava soldiers were under the command of Karna, but the commander-in-chief of the Gandharvas was able to arrest all the Kauravas by virtue of superior military strength. At that time Duryodhana’s ministers and commanders requested Yudhisthira to help
- Krsna said, "How could it be possible that he has conquered the strength of Balaramaji and taken away My father, arresting him as described by this man? Alas! Destiny is, after all, very powerful”
- Krsna said, "How could Salva possibly enter the city and arrest My father in that way? Whatever Salva may be, his power is limited, so how could it be possible that he has conquered the strength of Balaramaji"
- Maharaja Drupada was inimical toward Dronacarya, and thus when he attacked the Acarya, Arjuna got him arrested and brought him before Dronacarya
- Maharaja Pariksit inquired: The SPG is the proprietor of everything. Why did He beg three paces of land from Bali Maharaja like a poor man, and when He got the gift for which He had begged, why did He nonetheless arrest Bali Maharaja?
- Maharaja Pariksit, grandson of Maharaja Yudhisthira, while touring his vast kingdom, saw a black man attempting to kill a cow. The King at once arrested the butcher and chastised him sufficiently
- Maniman, one of the followers of Lord Siva, arrested Bhrgu Muni, and Virabhadra, the black demon, arrested Prajapati Daksa. Another follower, who was named Candesa, arrested Pusa. Nandisvara arrested the demigod Bhaga
- Married man cannot be dishonest because he has got responsibility. If he is arrested he will be insulted in his family. His family members will be in difficulty. Therefore he does not commit dishonesty very easily
- My dear boy, please remember that Maya is very strong. Any one of us can be arrested by her at any moment if we are not strongly attached to Krishna Consciousness
- O King, the SPG, Vamanadeva, then spoke to Bali Maharaja, the most liberal and celebrated personality whom He had arrested with the ropes of Varuna. Bali Maharaja had lost all bodily luster, but he was nonetheless fixed in his determination
- On the next day, Dvadasi, Nanda Maharaja went to take a bath in the Ganges and was arrested by one of the men of Varuna; then he was released by Lord Krsna. Then Nanda Maharaja, along with the cowherd men, was shown the spiritual sky
- One has seen that a person who is a thief was arrested and was punished. Everything he knows, but still, he commits stealing. Why?
- Ramacandra Khan said to the prostitute, "My constable will go with you so that as soon as he sees you with Haridasa Thakura, immediately he will arrest him and bring both of you to me"
- Real religious principles are nistraigunya, above the three modes of material nature, or transcendental. The Yamadutas did not know these transcendental religious principles, and therefore when prevented from arresting Ajamila they were surprised
- Rohini said, "My dear Queen, when Bhaumasura was conquering all the world, he collected wherever possible all the beautiful daughters of the kings and kept us arrested within his palace"
- Rupa Gosvami replied, "Sanatana has now been arrested by the government of Hussain Shah. If You kindly save him, he can be liberated from that entanglement"
- Samba fell in love with the daughter of Duryodhana, and since according to ksatriya custom one is not offered a ksatriya's daughter unless he displays his chivalrous valor, Samba abducted her. Consequently Samba was arrested by the Kauravas
- Samba was also a maha-rathi, but he was alone and had to fight with the six other maha-rathis. Still he was not deterred when he saw all the great fighters of the Kuru dynasty coming up behind him to arrest him
- Seized by fear, all the Pathana soldiers immediately released the four persons. Thus Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu did not see His personal associates arrested
- Since You (Krsna) are the most beloved son of Your father, Vasudeva, Your mother, Devaki, has sent me to inform You of the unfortunate news that Salva has arrested Your father and taken him away by force, just as a butcher mercilessly takes away an animal
- Sit down here for a while and keep us all under arrest. When the sannyasi regains his senses, you can question Him. Then, if you like, you can kill us all
- So far my coming to Moscow, yes I will come, but I may not be arrested. Still I shall go, and I shall speak on pure communism
- Some blocked the way of the fleeing sages, some threatened the women assembled there, and some arrested the demigods who were fleeing the pandal
- Sometimes religious men who preach the Krsna consciousness movement for the benefit of the entire populace are arrested and harassed by the police and courts. The Visnudutas, who are Vaisnavas, lamented for these very regrettable facts
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu inquired from the messenger, "What was Vaninatha doing when he was arrested and brought there"
- Srimati Radharani continued, "Krsna as Vamanadeva ungratefully arrested him just like a crow and pushed him down to the Patala kingdom. We know all about Krsna and how ungrateful He is"
- The caretakers of the bow, who were standing by watching, became very angry, and with their respective weapons in hand they rushed toward Krsna, shouting, “Arrest Him! Arrest Him! Kill Him! Kill Him!” Krsna and Balarama were surrounded
- The conditioned soul is sometimes attracted to the little happiness derived from sense gratification. Thus he has illicit sex or steals another's property. At such a time he may be arrested by the government or chastised by the woman's husband
- The elder members of the family, such as Bhisma, wanted to arrest him (Samba). Thus all the members of the Kuru dynasty, especially the great fighters, joined together just to teach him a lesson, and Karna was made the commander in chief
- The fact was that Nanda Maharaja wanted to take a bath in the river Yamuna early in the morning before the sunrise, but somehow or other he was a little too early, and he bathed at an inauspicious time. Consequently he was arrested
- The great sage Narada immediately carried the news to the Yadu dynasty that Samba had been arrested and told them the whole story. The members of the Yadu dynasty became very angry at Samba's being arrested, and improperly so by six warriors
- The Kurus thought, "If they (Yadus) come to challenge us because their son was arrested, we shall accept the fight & teach them a lesson, automatically they will be subdued under pressure, as the senses are subdued by the mystic yoga process of pranayam"
- The maidservants bound the servants of Jagannatha, handcuffed them and made them fall down at the lotus feet of the goddess of fortune. Indeed, they were arrested just like thieves who have all their riches taken away
- The many sinful activities stored within us for which we have not yet suffered are considered immature. For example, a man may have committed criminal acts, but not yet been arrested for them
- The maya's business is to capture. Just like criminal is arrested by the police, similarly, maya is also engaged for this purpose
- The messenger said, "He has arrested and imprisoned us, knowing fully that as Your (Krsna's) devotees we are subordinate to Your sovereignty"
- The Nawab again arrested Sanatana Gosvami and kept him in prison. At this time, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu departed for Vrndavana from Jagannatha Puri
- The Nawab could understand the intention of Sanatana Gosvami’s statement (from CC Madhya 19.27). He therefore left in an angry mood and ordered Sanatana Gosvami’s arrest
- The next moment He (Krsna) could understand that the arrest and killing of His father were demonstrations of the mystic powers which Salva had learned from the demon Maya
- The prostitute replied, "First let me have union with him once; then the second time I shall take your constable with me to arrest him"
- The serpent, who had already been arrested by the soldiers of Yavana-raja and was out of the city, began to follow his master along with the others. As soon as they all left the city, it was immediately dismantled and smashed to dust
- The story (Vidura's) is narrated as follows. Once upon a time the state police caught some thieves who had concealed themselves in the hermitage of Manduka Muni. The police constables, as usual, arrested all the thieves and Manduka Muni along with them
- The victorious demigods plundered the palace of Hiranyakasipu, the King of the demons, and destroyed everything within it. Then Indra, King of heaven, arrested my mother, the Queen
- The washerman continued, "They (government men) will arrest You and punish You (Krsna & Balarama), and You will be in difficulty. I have practical experience of this fact. Anyone who unlawfully wants to use the King's property is very severely punished"
- Then (after Balarama showed His power) the matter (Samba was arrested after he abducted Duryodhana's daughter) was settled, and Samba married Duryodhana's daughter
- Thereafter, on the day of soma-pana, after the sacrifice was finished, Garuda, king of the birds, understanding the desire of his master, arrested Bali Maharaja with the ropes of Varuna
- They (the teachers of Prahlada) inquired about the Vaisnavas who stealthily taught it (Vaisnava philosophy) to him, in order that these Vaisnavas might be arrested and killed in the presence of Prahlada's father, Hiranyakasipu
- Thinking this, the Pathana soldiers arrested the four persons and decided to kill them. Because of this, the two Bengalis began to tremble
- This Bali Maharaja, without duplicity, has now offered everything in the three worlds. How then can he deserve to suffer from arrest?
- This fallen brahmana, Ajamila, gave trouble to others by arresting them, by cheating them in gambling or by directly plundering them. This was the way he earned his livelihood and maintained his wife and children
- Thus only his body was left, but the Lord was still not satisfied. He arrested Bali Maharaja, bound him with the ropes of Varuna and threw him in a cave in a mountain
- Under the circumstances, because He has assumed the form of a brahmana, even if He irreligiously arrests me or even kills me, I shall not retaliate, although He is my enemy
- Under the order of Banasura, the soldiers from all sides attempted to capture and arrest him. When they dared to come before him, Aniruddha struck them with the rod, breaking their heads, legs, arms and thighs, & one after another they fell to the ground
- Until the return of our spiritual master, Sukracarya, arrest this child with the ropes of Varuna so that he will not flee in fear
- Was this a dream I saw, or was it reality? I saw fearsome men with ropes in their hands coming to arrest me and drag me away. Where have they gone?
- We were bringing the most sinful Ajamila toward the hellish planets, following your order, when those beautiful persons from Siddhaloka forcibly cut the knots of the ropes with which we were arresting him
- When all the soldiers of Jarasandha had been killed and he was the only one left alive, certainly he was very much depressed. Sri Balarama immediately arrested him with great strength, just as one lion captures another
- When an intelligent person hears from the lawbooks and sastras, or scriptures, that stealing is not good and hears that a thief is punished when arrested, he refrains from theft
- When Bali Maharaja was thus arrested by Lord Visnu, who is the most powerful, there was a great roar of lamentation in all directions throughout the upper and lower planetary systems of the universe
- When he was arrested and he was being judged by Alexander, the thief pleaded that "What is the difference between you and me? You are a great thief. I am a small thief." So Alexander understood it and got him released, "Yes." This is generosity
- When his servants, the Yamadutas, informed him of their defeat by the Visnudutas, who had stopped them from arresting Ajamila, what did he reply?
- When one cannot speak, naturally one’s active senses are arrested, and the knowledge-acquiring senses are rendered inoperative
- When Raghunatha dasa Gosvami’s father and uncle were to be arrested by government officials, Raghunatha dasa Gosvami hid them and personally met the government officers and settled the affair diplomatically
- When Ravana attempted to insult Kartaviryarjuna in the presence of the women and thus offended him, Kartaviryarjuna easily arrested Ravana and put him in custody in the city of Mahismati, just as one captures a monkey, and then released him neglectfully
- When the living entity is arrested, all his followers - namely the life air, the senses and sense objects - immediately leave the lump of matter, the body
- When the living entity is in deep sleep, when he faints, when there is some great shock on account of severe loss, at the time of death, or when the body temperature is very high, the movement of the life air is arrested
- When the living entity is taken away or arrested by Yamaraja (tam utkramantam), the life air also goes with him (prano 'nutkramati), and when the life air is gone (pranam anutkramantam), all the senses (sarve pranah) also go along
- When the procession arrived, the maidservants of the goddess of fortune began to arrest all the principal servants of Lord Jagannatha
- When they met, they had many conversations. Sanatana Gosvami told him in detail about his arrest and release
- When Usa received the news that her father had arrested Aniruddha, she was overwhelmed with grief and confusion. Tears glided down from her eyes, and being unable to check herself, she began to cry very loudly
- While Lord Balarama was binding Jarasandha with the rope of Varuna and ordinary ropes also, Lord Krsna, with a greater plan in mind for the future, asked Lord Balarama not to arrest him. Krsna then released Jarasandha
- While making the plan to arrest Samba, the Kurus counseled amongst themselves that upon his arrest the members of the Yadu dynasty would be very angry with them. There was every possibility of the Yadus' accepting the challenge and fighting with them
- While passing from this planet to the planet of Yamaraja, the culprit arrested by Yamaraja's constables meets many dogs, which bark and bite just to remind him of his criminal activities of sense gratification
- With great difficulty and after a severe fight, they (Karna, Sala, Bhuri, Yajnaketu, Duryodhana and Bhismadeva) deprived Samba of his chariot and were able to arrest him