What Is This
"what is this"|"what is that"
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "What Is This"
The following 89 pages are in this category, out of 89 total.
- A carpenter is called to fight? A cow slaughterer is called to preside over the meeting? What is this? One must be fit for the business
- After the end of the Battle of Kuruksetra, the Lord said: The abatement of the earth's great burden, eighteen aksauhinis, has now been effected with the help of Drona, Bhisma, Arjuna and Bhima. But what is this?
- All these big, big men, let them have one set of books and study. It is not any expenditure for them, but if at their leisure hour they read some of the line - they are all intelligent men - they'll get ideas, what is this Krsna consciousness
- An intelligent boy is very much inquisitive to understand. He asks always his parents, "Oh, mommy, what is this? What is this? What is this?" So mother explains
- Arjuna has to be a preacher. Practical preacher. What is that preaching? That he has to sacrifice everything for Krsna's sake. That's all
- Balarama was surprised to see the acts of yogamaya. Therefore He inquired from Krsna, What is happening here? What is this mystery?
- Bhakti means that we have to clear ourself from the designations. What is that designation? Everyone is thinking, "I am American," "I am Indian," "I am European," "I am Australian," "I am cat," "I am dog, "I am this," "I am that" - bodily
- Brahma thought, "What is this?" And then he was not even able to see. Lord Krsna, understanding Brahma's position, then at once removed the curtain of His yogamaya - SB 10.13.57
- Dhari' macha na chonya pani, that we should fish, but don't touch the water. If on the plea of fishing, you become fall down in the water and you are gone, washed away, then what is this?
- Dharma is meant for the human society. The animal society, they have no, nothing to do about religion, neither they know what is religion, what is this body, what is soul. It is not their business. Dharma is the business of the human society
- Don't all of a sudden, reading one or two page, immediately question, "Prabhupada, what is this? What is this? What is this?" Go on reading, and the answers will automatically come
- Every man is imperfect, but he is talking just like perfect. That is called cheating. The so-called scientists, philosophers, they are theorizing, "It may be," "Perhaps." So what is this knowledge, "Perhaps," "It may be"? That is not knowledge
- Everyone is affectionate toward his wife and is attached to her, but what is this wife? The wife is called stri, which means, "one who expands the material condition"
- For one year Lord Brahma kept the calves and boys lying down in a cave by his mystic power. Therefore when Brahma saw Lord Krsna still playing with all the cows and calves, he began trying to reason about what was happening. What is this
- Four kinds of sinful activities, they are considered the pillars of sinful life. What is that?
- Full knowledge means "What I am, what is God, what is this material world, what is our relationship." That is called knowledge. And that knowledge, when practically applied in life, that is called vijnanam
- He (Krsna) then snatched the bundle of chipped rice which was hanging on the shoulder of the poor brahmana, packed in one corner of his wrapper, and said, “What is this? My dear friend, you have brought Me nice, palatable chipped rice"
- Here and there, there were signs of all sorts, like "Be still and realize I am God'' - what is this, by becoming silent and still one becomes God?
- I am seventy-six years old means I have already died seventy-six years. Suppose I live, say, eighty years, ninety years. So I have already died seventy-six years. So death is sure. They say "We are advancing." What is that advancement? Death is sure
- I do not understand why he is engaged in this business of his if there is not any tangible profit. He says that there is big, big money but still he has not yet paid ISKCON the debt that he has. Therefore what is this business
- I have come here in Switzerland. If I remain here for one month and I claim, "Oh, this is mine," what is this? So similarly, I come as guest. Everyone comes as guest in the womb of his mother and lives here for fifty years. He is claiming, "It is mine"
- I received report that he was talking privately in his room with a woman, and if anybody would try to come in, then he would get angry, saying get out, get out. What is this? In India private talks with woman are immediately condemned
- I was surprised when I came to your country. I saw young girls and ladies, they have no bangles, no ornaments. At least, I was surprised. And smoking cigarettes. What is this opulence?
- If one can understand oneself and the Supreme Self and what is this material world, why we have come here, what is my relation with God, what is my relation with this world, this is knowledge. They are called jnanavan
- If the soul is important in this body, why there shall not be bigger soul, the Supersoul, in this gigantic body? What is this universal body and this body?
- If you increase your consciousness more and more, then it may be interplanetary consciousness. But what is this interplanetary?
- It is not at all good that the Deities do not have warm clothing for the cold weather. They are still spending so much for construction, spending spending, but the Deities are not clothed properly. What is this?
- Just like father earns money for feeding the children, similarly, the bulls help producing, plowing, producing food grains, and the cow gives milk, mother. And what is this civilization, killing father and mother? This is not good civilization
- Just like some of our students, immediately married and again, "Give me sannyasa." What is this? Irresponsible, that's all. Irresponsibility. So these things are not required at all
- Just like we have got some hobbies, we keep some cats and dogs, Krsna has got also hobby. What is that? Surabhir abhipalayantam. He's always engaged in taking care of the surabhi cows. Gopala. That is His business. So He's so simple, life
- Kasyapa Muni continued: What is this material body, made of five elements? It is different from the spirit soul. Indeed, the spirit soul is completely different from the material elements from which the body is made
- Krsna consciousness means not to remain in the dark consciousness. Tamasi ma jyotir gama. That is the Vedic instruction, "Don't remain in the darkness." And what is that darkness? The darkness is bodily concept of life
- Krsna consciousness movement is meant for the paramo nirmatsaranam those who are not envious. How they can be envious? Paramahamsa, one who has understood what is this creation, who is the creator, what are these living entities
- Krsna consciousness movement means to train people to come to his original constitutional position. What is that? Every living entity is part and parcel of God. Therefore the duty of the part and parcel is to serve the whole
- Krsna is addressing Arjuna, anarya: "Non-Aryan. You are ksatriya. Your service is now required to fight with persons who have created injustice. So what is this, that you are denying to fight?"
- Krsna-prapti hoy jaha hate: by the favor of guru one gets Krsna. Yasya prasadad bhagavat. Everywhere. This is bhagavad-bhakti-yoga. So one who has not attained this state, what is this bhagavad-bhakti? This is rascaldom
- M.A., Ph.D., and searching after woman, how to induce her, and being searched out in the airport, whether he's a rogue - what is this education? We don't want this education
- Modern civilization is supposed to be making advancement in scientific knowledge, but what is this scientific knowledge? It is based on bodily comforts only, without knowledge that however comfortably one maintains his body, the body is destructible
- One intelligent person, he thought, "I shall be free from the touch of Yamaraja by one tactics." What is that? "Stool is very obnoxious. Nobody comes to stool. So let me smear my body, whole body with stool so that Yamaraja will not come and touch me"
- Only hope is that you distribute books, as much as possible, whole Europe, whole America. If they come to some day, they will realize what is this value
- Our philosophy is that when one is liberated, his actual life begins. What is that actual life? The actual life is to be engaged in the transcendental loving service of the Lord. That is actual life
- People all over the world, when they see the westerners, "They are advanced." What is that? Advancing in animalism. Basic principle remains the animalism. They become surprised. They also imitate
- People are so rascal that they did not believe even the son of God, what to speak of His representative. What is that? Why Jesus Christ was killed? What was his fault?
- Practice yoga - solitary and sacred place. What is this circle we see in morning? Simply "Chai, chai, chai." And cigarette, bidi, and talking nonsense, drinking - no arrangement. Vedic system, still in India in morning they take bath, in the villages
- Sankirtana should be done by you in the streets and at gatherings and in this manner display what is this Krsna consciousness movement and how it is for everyone's eternal welfare and happiness
- Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya says that "This movement, Krsna consciousness movement enunciated by, inaugurated by Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, what is this? Vairagya-vidya. This is the instructional lesson, or education, vidya, education"
- Seeing this, mother Saci hastily returned and exclaimed, "What is this! What is this!" She snatched the dirt from the hands of the Lord and inquired why He was eating it
- The body is not the self. The self is different. If you analyze this body, what you will find? Suppose we are breathing. What is this breathing? It is air only. Now, when the breathing is stopped, a man is dead
- The highest perfection of human life is to attain the brahminical qualification, then everything will be clearly understood: what is God, what I am, what is my relationship with God, what is this world
- The light of the sun and moon was impaired in all the planets, and the demigods of various planets, being disturbed by that force, asked the creator of the universe, Brahma, "What is this expansion of darkness in all directions?"
- The so-called scientists, philosophers, they are theorizing, "It may be," "Perhaps." So what is this knowledge, "Perhaps," "It may be"? That is not knowledge. Say definitely. But nobody can say. They are blind
- The superior energy and the inferior energy, this is the material world, combination of two energies. Just like this body, your body, my body, everyone's body. What is this? The combination of these two energies
- The whole process of sacrifice, either by yoga system or by jnana system or by observing the rules and regulation of the social system, everything is meant for reaching to that point. What is that? To surrender unto the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- Then all the assembled gentlemen exclaimed, "What is this? What is this? Who has performed such mischievous activities? Who is that sinful man?"
- There are many so-called scientists who suggest that perhaps it was like this, or maybe like that, but there is no question of "perhaps" and "maybe." There is a specific plan being carried out in this material world. What is this plan? BG 1972 purports
- They're eating meat. They have no even human sense. What is that religion?
- This is not ordinary Bhagavata class, not jumping over Krsna's rasa-lila. It is not like that. It is step by step studying what is Krsna, what is this material world
- We are not dull matter. We have got our flexible hands and legs to work. People think that "These Krsna conscious men, Hare Krsna people, they are escaping." What is that, escaping? We are not escaping. We are practically taking the real activities
- We are sitting down and inquiring about Krsna. This is life. This is life. And what is this life? Working day and night like the ass? No. That is not life
- We are trying to write so many books. What is that book? That means whatever we have understood from our spiritual master. That's all
- We cannot stand to see people suffering due to ignorance. What is that ignorance? They do not know that they are not their body
- What is that God? Tell me
- What is that real truth? The real truth is knowledge of how to get out of the material body, which is the source of all trouble. Lord Kapila's incarnation, or descent, is especially meant for this purpose
- What is this body? It is made of tri-dhatu: kapha, pitta, vayu. So I am kapha-pitta-vayu? No. I am different. Aham brahmasmi. This knowledge is lacking
- What is this dambhah? Why I should be pride? What is this pride? So that is ignorance, due to ignorance. When one man is unnecessarily proud, that means it is due to ignorance
- What is this interpretation? How demonic this Western civilization. "Because Jesus Christ, the God, has given the animals to our care, therefore we shall kill and eat." Anyway, try to introduce a renovation of civilization
- What is this meditation of wine, women and fish? He does not like us because we reject all other bogus philosophy. For that many people criticize me, but why should we accept nonsense. We accept Bhagavad-gita, as Krishna spoke it
- What is this milk? Milk is nothing but the blood. So civilization means let the cow live, and you take the milk, which is nothing but blood
- What is this nonsense civilization? Simply want of money and unsatisfied in every step. Especially in the Western countries they're becoming hippie. Why? The training is different
- What is this philosophy? Sex life? Even dog knows how to have sex life. And he's writing philosophy. So this kind of philosophy can be appreciated by the rascals and... We do not appreciate that. They are not philosopher
- What is this prayer? "Give me a little bread"? Of course, it is better than the rascals who are atheists. They do not approach God. They say, "Oh, what is God? I am God. I shall, by economic development, I shall create so many breads."
- What is this stealing and violence. This is not good. By stealing, did Gurukrpa Maharaja collect that money? Stealing is not our business. Our business is to become Krsna conscious
- What is this temple? The same ingredients, the same cement, same brick, same stone, same worker, same plan as the skyscraper. But what is the difference? Because it is cikitsitam, it is for Krsna
- What is this wonderful phenomenon? The affection of all the inhabitants of Vraja, including Me (Rama), toward these boys and calves is increasing as never before, just like our affection for Lord Krsna, the Supersoul of all living entities - SB 10.13.36
- What is this world, material world? The material means sex desire. That's all. The woman is hunting after man, and the man is hunting after woman
- When Putana, the demoniac witch, was struck down and killed by Krsna, Mother Yasoda was struck with wonder and began to cry emotionally, "Oh, what is this? What is this?"
- When we take to the service spirit... Here we are training people how to render service. Then, gradually, he will be able to understand what is this name of Krsna, what is the form of Krsna, what is the activities of Krsna
- Why you are thinking "This portion is Russian," "This portion is American"? It is father's property. So if there is rush in China or India, why not allow them to come to Russia or America? "No. That is my property." What is this philosophy?
- Yamunacarya said that "Not actually union with woman, but if I think of union," tad-avadhi bata nari-sangame smaryamane, smaryamane, "simply by thinking," bhavati mukha-vikarah, "oh, immediately I becomes disgusted: 'Ah, what is this nasty thing?' "
- You are doing humanitarian work and sending so many animals, thousands of animals, to the slaughterhouse. What is this?
- You ask about marriage, yes, actually I want that every woman in the Society should be married. But what is this training to become wives and mothers? No school is required for that, simply association
- You can begin to reach that stage of revelation by training your tongue. What is that? Chant Hare Krsna and taste Krsna prasadam. Very simple method. You try it and see. Otherwise it is not possible
- You have to see what is this method, Krsna consciousness movement. That we are prepared to serve you, to convince you, the first-class nature of this movement. Now if you are convinced, try to cooperate. And induce other leaders
- You work hard, keep yourself fit, but live for tattva-jijnasa. That is life, tattva-jijnasa: What I am? What is God? What is this material world? Why I have come here? Why I am put into so much trouble? These are the inquiries