"well-wishers" | "well-wishing" |"well-wisher"
Subcategories Pages in category
This category has the following 10 subcategories, out of 10 total.
- ► Cowherd Boys (Well-wishers) (11 C, 1 P)
- ► Devotees of God Are Well-wisher Friends (1 C, 3 P)
- ► Well-wisher of Everyone (16 P)
Pages in category "Well-wisher"
The following 92 pages are in this category, out of 92 total.
- A person in full consciousness of Me, knowing Me to be the ultimate beneficiary of all sacrifices and austerities, the Supreme Lord of all planets and demigods, and the benefactor and well-wisher of all living entities, attains peace
- A person is said to be still further advanced when he regards all - the honest well-wisher, friends and enemies, the envious, the pious, the sinner and those who are indifferent and impartial-with an equal mind. BG 6.9 - 1972
- A person, when received at home, should be treated as a relative, so what to speak of a family member like Vidura, who was a well-wisher for all the members of the family. Thus Yudhisthira Maharaja began to speak in the presence of all the other members
- A pure devotee of the Lord automatically develops all godly qualities, and some of the prominent features of those qualities are as follows: 2) a well-wisher to all, satisfied, surrendered to Krsna, without hankering, simple
- Actually, you are not the daughter of Vidarbha, nor is this man, Malayadhvaja, your well-wishing husband. Nor were you the actual husband of Puranjani. You were simply captivated in this body of nine gates
- After Sisupala died by the mercy of Krsna & merged into the spiritual existence, & after the end of the Rajasuya-yajna, when all the friends, guests & well-wishers had been sufficiently honored and rewarded, King Yudhisthira went to bathe in the Ganges
- Although a father, mother, brother or friend may sometimes punish one as a well-wisher, they never punish their subordinate like this. But because You are the most worshipable Lord, I regard the punishment You have given me as most exalted
- Although Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya was not a sannyasi but a householder, he used to invite all the sannyasis to his home and offer them prasadam. Thus he was accepted as the best well-wisher and friend of all the sannyasis
- Amongst the well-wisher friends, Mandalibhadra and Balabhadra are the chiefs. Mandalibhadra is described as follows: his complexion is yellowish, and his dress is very attractive
- As the well-wisher of both of them, Lord Balarama wanted to stop them (Bhimasena and Duryodhana), but they would not stop
- At that time the Lord of the universe, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, who is the well-wisher of all living entities, will descend and kill them, just as Indra smashes the mountains with his thunderbolts
- At that time, after traveling in many parts of the world, Maitreya, a great devotee of the Lord and a friend and well-wisher of the great sage Krsna-dvaipayana Vyasa, reached that spot out of his own perfect accord
- Bali said, "I also desire that if I have to associate with anyone, I may associate only with Your (Krsna's) pure devotees and no one else, for Your pure devotees are always well-wishers of all living entities"
- Because you are a teacher of Vedanta philosophy, you are the master of all the people in the world and their well-wisher as well. You are also the benefactor of all kinds of sannyasis
- Bhismadeva was always a sincerely sympathetic well-wisher, grandfather, friend and philosopher to Maharaja Yudhisthira, even up to the last moment of his life
- Devotees are always tolerant, forbearing and very merciful. They are the well-wishers of every living entity. They follow the scriptural injunctions, and because they have no enemies, they are very peaceful. These are the decorations of devotees
- Duryodhana knew very well that Vidura was a great soul and well-wisher, but unfortunately he used strong words to hurt his innocent uncle
- From my part as I am your ever well-wisher I wish that you may preach Krishna Consciousness to the students of the entire western world
- From the first time I saw you I have been your constant well-wisher. At his first sight of me Srila Prabhupada also saw me with such love. It was in my very first darsana of Srila Prabhupada that I learned how to love
- He (a sadhu) is merciful because he is the well-wisher of all living entities. He is not only a well-wisher of human society, but a well-wisher of animal society as well
- He (Duryodhana) could not accept the sound advice of Vidura, but on the contrary he insulted that great soul, who was the well-wisher of his whole family. Vidura could understand this because he was a pure devotee of the Lord
- He (the executive head of state) should not merely act officially; he should be like a father who is always a well-wisher of his sons. Such a father strictly observes whether his sons are performing their duties, and sometimes he also punishes them
- He (Yudhisthira) constantly worshiped his friends, his family members, his relatives, his well-wishers and everyone present, and because he was a Vaisnava, a great devotee of Lord Narayana, he knew how to treat everyone well
- He is one without a second; in other words, he is not affected by friends and enemies, well-wishers or mischief-mongers. He is only an observer, a witness, of the different qualities of men
- He was a God-realized soul and a well-wisher to all living entities. The Vedas did not at all sanction the killing of Jada Bharata by rogues and thieves. Consequently the goddess Bhadra Kali emerged from the deity to give protection to the Lord's devotee
- He was unhappy to see others unhappy, and He was the well-wisher of all living entities. Although He was a perfect personality, the Supreme Lord and controller of all, He nonetheless acted as if He were an ordinary conditioned soul
- His (Dhrtarastra's) brother Pandu died also. Then in the Battlefield of Kuruksetra his one hundred sons and his grandsons all died, along with all other well-wishers like Bhismadeva, Dronacarya, Karna and many other kings and friends
- I (Yudhisthira) have killed many boys, brahmanas, well-wishers, friends, parents, preceptors and brothers. Though I live millions of years, I will not be relieved from the hell that awaits me for all these sins
- I beg to inform you of one matter which may be of interest to you, namely that we have now got thousands of disciples and well-wishers in the Western countries and out of them many are desiring to travel to India in the near future
- I shall become a merciful, well-wishing friend to all living entities and always absorb myself in Krsna consciousness
- I write at the end of my letters to my disciples, "Your ever well-wisher'', and as such, I cannot become otherwise than being ever well-wisher of my disciples, even though he may leave me
- In familial affairs, there was always misunderstanding between fathers, mothers and sons, between well-wishers, and between brothers. Even between husband and wife there was always strain and quarrel
- In this material world someone may be my well-wisher, friend or neither friend nor enemy but neutral. Someone else may serve as a mediator between me and my enemies, and in this verse he is called madhyastha
- In this verse (SB 4.28.60) the words suhrt (well-wisher) and tava (your) are very significant
- Indra said, "The father, the spiritual master and the supreme executive officer of the state are always well-wishers of their sons, their students and their citizens respectively. As such, the well-wishers have the right to chastise their dependents"
- It is the greatest relief work for all human society, and the workers thereof are the greatest well-wishers, for they follow in the footsteps of Lord Caitanya, who is the greatest friend to all living entities
- Maitreya was one of the disciples of Maharsi Parasara, the father of Vyasadeva. Thus Vyasadeva and Maitreya were friends and mutual well-wishers
- My insignificant enemies the demigods have combined to kill my very dear and obedient well-wisher, my brother Hiranyaksa
- My uncle, you must have visited Dvaraka. In that holy place are our friends & well-wishers, the descendants of Yadu, who are always rapt in the service of Krsna. You might have seen them or heard about them. Are they all living happily in their abodes?
- O gentle one, I simply lament for he (Dhrtarastra) who rebelled against his brother after death. By him I was driven out of my own house, although I am his sincere well-wisher, because he accepted the line of action adopted by his own sons
- O my friends, sons of the asuras, the SPG in His Supersoul feature always exists within the cores of the hearts of all living entities. Indeed, He is the well-wisher and friend of all living entities, and there is no difficulty in worshiping the Lord
- On the battlefield Arjuna could see all kinds of relatives. He could see brothers like Duryodhana, sons like Laksmana, friends like Asvatthama, well-wishers like Krtavarma, etc. BG 1972 purports
- One's so-called husband, relative, son, father or whatever cannot actually be a well-wisher. The only actual well-wisher is Krsna Himself, as Krsna confirms in Bhagavad-gita (BG 5.29): suhrdam sarva-bhutanam
- Our well-wishing father, Daksa, after knowing our intentions, handed over thirteen of his daughters unto you, and since then we have all been faithful
- Simply by understanding these three facts: that the Supreme, Visnu, is the proprietor of the entire creation, that He is the best well-wishing friend of all living entities, and that He is the supreme enjoyer of everything one becomes peaceful and happy
- Since Your Lordship is indirectly the greatest well-wisher of us demons, You act for our best welfare by posing as if our enemy. Because demons always aspire for a position of false prestige, by chastising us You give us the eyes to see the right path
- Society, friendship, love and well-wishers are all simply results of being packed in different bodies. One should know this well and try to get out of this bodily encagement into which one is thrown birth after birth
- The friends, relatives and well-wishers of both Nanda Maharaja and Vasudeva and even those who externally appeared to be followers of Kamsa were all demigods - SB 10.1.62-63
- The inhabitants of Vrndavana were well-wishers and intimate friends of the Yadu dynasty. This meeting of the two parties after long separation was a very touching incident
- The leaders of the Kurus, especially Dhrtarastra & Duryodhana, were joyful because they knew very well that Balarama was a great well-wisher of Kurus. There were no bounds to their joy on hearing the news (Balarama arrived), & so they welcomed Uddhava
- The Lord was just about to leave, but because He was so greatly inclined toward the behavior of King Prthu, He did not depart. Seeing the behavior of Maharaja Prthu with His lotus eyes, He was detained because He is always the well-wisher of His devotees
- The money and society is yours. You can spend in any way but it is my duty to give you guidance as ever well wisher
- The nature of a woman, as personally described by Urvasi, is to establish false friendship with someone and then seek new male companions, one after another, even if this means giving up the company of a sincere well-wisher
- The sannyasi, completely satisfied in the self, should live on alms begged from door to door. Not being dependent on any person or any place, he should always be a friendly well-wisher to all living beings and be a peaceful, unalloyed devotee of Narayana
- The Supreme Lord is also described as suhrdam ("ever well-wisher"). The Supreme Lord is always a well-wisher, just like a father or mother. Despite all the offenses of a son, the father and mother are always the son's well-wisher
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead is the best friend and well-wisher of the three worlds. Thus when the demigods had almost finished drinking the nectar, the Lord, in the presence of all the demons, disclosed His original form
- The word purah means "family," and hita means "benefit." Thus the word purohita indicates that the priest is the well-wisher of the family. Another meaning of the word purah is "first"
- The word sauhrdam ("friendliness") is very significant in this verse (SB 7.6.24). People are generally ignorant of Krsna consciousness, and therefore to become their best well-wisher one should teach them about Krsna consciousness without discrimination
- There are different kinds of friends. There is suhrt, who is by nature a well-wisher and is always desiring one's welfare. Mitra refers to an ordinary friend, and udasina is one who is neutral
- There Arjuna could see, within the midst of the armies of both parties, his fathers, grandfathers, teachers, maternal uncles, brothers, sons, grandsons, friends, and also his father-in-law and well-wishers - all present there. BG 1.26 - 1972
- There Arjuna could see, within the midst of the armies of both parties, his fathers, grandfathers, teachers, maternal uncles, brothers, sons, grandsons, friends, and also his fathers-in-law and well-wishers
- There is a statement in the Narayana-vyuha-stava prayers that persons who are always engaged in thinking of the Lord as their husband, friend, father or well-wisher are always worshipable by everyone
- They (four kumaras) are very amiable and gentle in behavior, and for them there is no distinction between friends, well-wishers and enemies
- This devotional service is natural because Lord Visnu, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, is the most beloved, the master of the soul, and the well-wisher of all other living beings
- This is the most exalted qualification, to become well-wisher of all living entities, not that we open hospitals for the human being and we send the cows to the slaughterhouse or poor animals should be slaughtered
- This is to introduce Srimati Lalita Bose, who is our friend and well-wisher. Wherever in our centers she goes, she should be received free of boarding and lodging at least for three days
- Though the clouds are the well-wishing friends of all living beings, the lightning, fickle in its affinities, moved from one group of clouds to another, like lusty women unfaithful even to virtuous men
- Vidura did not ask about the welfare of his elder brother because there was no chance of his well-being, only news of his gliding down to hell. Vidura was a sincere well-wisher for Dhrtarastra, and he had a thought about him in the corner of his heart
- Vidura never became an enemy of Dhrtarastra but continued to be his well-wisher, & at the last stage of his life, it was Vidura only who proved to be his real friend. Such is the behavior of Vaisnavas like Vidura: he desires all good even for his enemies
- Vidura said: Your (Dhrtarastra's) father, brother, well-wishers and sons are all dead and passed away. You yourself have expended the major portion of your life, your body is now overtaken by invalidity, and you are living in the home of another
- Whatever one may be, one must take shelter at the lotus feet of a devotee mahatma and treat him as the most exalted well-wisher of all human society. We should take shelter of such a mahatma and ask for his causeless mercy
- When King Puranjana was being dragged with great force by the powerful Yavana, out of his gross ignorance he still could not remember his friend and well-wisher, the Supersoul
- When my (Yudhisthira) father, Pandu, fell down and we were all small children, these two uncles gave us protection from all kinds of calamities. They were always our good well-wishers. Alas, where have they gone from here?
- When they returned to Dvaraka, they described with great satisfaction the sacrifice performed by Vasudeva, their meeting with various friends and well-wishers, and various other incidents that had occurred during their travels in the places of pilgrimage
- Where is my (Yudhisthira) well-wisher, uncle Vidura, and mother Gandhari, who is very afflicted due to all her sons' demise?