utter | utterance | utterances | uttered | uttering | utterings | utters
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Caitanya's Uttering (6 P)
Pages in category "Utter"
The following 119 pages are in this category, out of 119 total.
- A helpless man can feelingly utter the holy name of the Lord, whereas a man who utters the same holy name in great material satisfaction cannot be so sincere.
- A person on religious category, he's advocating something, oh, it is not to be uttered. Homosex. You see? He's advocating homosex. Just see. These has been topsy-turvied
- A sinful man can perform many, many sinful activities, but he is unable to perform so many that they cannot be wiped out by one single uttering of Krsna
- A sinful man is very expert to commit sinful activities, but the holy name of Krsna is so strong that he will be unable to commit so much sins as can be extinguished simply by uttering once the name of Lord Visnu or Krsna
- Actually the Lord's holy name has such powerful potency. But there is a quality to such utterances also. It depends on the quality of feeling
- After hearing him (the brahmana), Arjuna immediately prepared himself by touching sanctified water and uttering holy mantras to protect his bows and arrows from danger
- After uttering the word 'atmaramah' fifty-eight times and taking 'ca' in a sense of aggregation, one may add the word 'munayah.' That will mean that great sages also render devotional service to Lord Krsna. In this way there are fifty-nine meanings
- After uttering these curses, Nandisvara then cursed the brahmanas to continue in the cycle of birth and death because of their supporting Daksa in blaspheming Lord Siva
- Again and again Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu asked the boy to chant the name of Krsna, but the boy would not utter the holy name
- All the sages uttered with great respect: O unconquerable enjoyer of all sacrifices, all glories and all victories unto You
- Along with the devotees from Bengal came a gentleman named Kalidasa. He never uttered anything but the holy name of Krsna
- Although calling the name of his son, he nevertheless uttered the four syllables na-ra-ya-na. Simply by chanting the name of Narayana in this way, he sufficiently atoned for the sinful reactions of millions of lives
- Although he spoke Your name three times, he did not utter the name 'Krsna.' Because he uttered Your name in contempt, I was very much aggrieved
- Although Sivananda Sena tried with much endeavor to get his boy to speak Krsna's holy name, the boy would not utter it
- Although the names of Indra and Agni are sometimes uttered in the Vedic mantras (indraya svaha, agnaye svaha), the Vedic sacrifices are actually performed for the satisfaction of Lord Visnu
- Although when Ajamila uttered this vibration (Narayana) he intended to call his son Narayana, Lord Narayana took it seriously and immediately gave him promotion to Vaikunthaloka, despite his background, which was full of sinful activities
- Anyone who hears my name loses the results of his pious activities. Anyone who utters my name becomes sinful
- As for purification, no one can be more pure than devotees. Anyone who once utters the name of Visnu immediately becomes purified, inside and outside - yah smaret pundarikaksam
- As soon as the sinful Ajamila uttered the name Narayana, these four beautiful men immediately arrived and reassured him, saying, "Do not fear. Do not fear"
- As the Lord states in Bhagavad-gita, the stringent laws of nature are insurmountable; similarly, if a curse is uttered by a brahmana, that curse is also insurmountable
- At the sacred thread ceremony of Vamanadeva, the sun-god personally uttered the Gayatri mantra, Brhaspati offered the sacred thread, and Kasyapa Muni offered a straw belt
- Because they (the Mayavadis) are offenders at the lotus feet of Krsna, they are actually unable to utter the holy name of Krsna
- Bhrgu Muni saw the danger and, offering oblations into the southern side of the sacrificial fire, immediately uttered mantric hymns from the Yajur Veda by which the destroyers of yajnic performances could be killed immediately
- By possessing all these material assets one becomes artificially puffed up, intoxicated by such temporary possessions. Consequently, such materially puffed up persons are incapable of uttering the holy name of the Lord by addressing Him feelingly
- Devahuti expressed her happiness by uttering the word bata, for she knew that her husband was in a highly elevated, transcendental position and was under the shelter of yogamaya
- Due to grief, Arjuna's mouth and lotuslike heart had dried up. Therefore his body lost all luster. Now, remembering the Supreme Lord, he could hardly utter a word in reply
- During this strife between Balarama and Rukmi, Lord Krsna did not utter a word, for He knew that if He supported Balarama, Rukmini would be unhappy, and if He said that the killing of Rukmi was unjust, then Balarama would be unhappy
- Factually both the Kasira and the Saranatha Mayavadis, as well as any other philosophers who have no knowledge of the spirit soul, are advocates of utter materialism. None of them have clear knowledge regarding the Absolute or the spiritual world
- For example, the maha-mantra (Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare/ Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare) when uttered very softly only for one's own hearing is called japa
- From the beginning of creation, the three syllables-om tat sat-have been used to indicate the Supreme Absolute Truth. They were uttered by brahmanas while chanting Vedic hymns and during sacrifices, for the satisfaction of the Supreme. BG 17.23 - 1972
- Gajendra uttered the following words: "O my Lord, Narayana, master of the universe, O Supreme Personality of Godhead, I offer my respectful obeisances unto You"
- Gajendra was feeling acute pain, but when he saw that Narayana, wielding His disc, was coming in the sky on the back of Garuda, he immediately took a lotus flower in his trunk, and with great difficulty, he uttered the following words
- Having thus reached a decision, they all went to the place of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu. There, although ready to speak, they could not even utter a word
- He (Bhismadeva) was quite fit by the activities of his sound mind, and therefore he could utter sweet words with hearty expressions, and all of them were well received
- He (Sanjaya) was fully compassionate toward Dhrtarastra because in the game of the Battle of Kuruksetra, King Dhrtarastra had lost everything, men and money, and at last the King and the Queen had to leave home in utter frustration
- He (Siva) also understood that Bhrgu Muni had created the Rbhudeva demigods by uttering the mantras of the Yajur Veda and that these demigods had driven away all of his soldiers who were present in the arena of sacrifice
- He was unable to utter any of the letters of the alphabet to offer the Lord suitable prayers because his voice was choked in ecstasy, for a considerable time
- I am quitting this body offering obeisances unto Him and hoping that I may perpetually engage in His transcendental loving service." Uttering this, Maharaja Bharata left his body
- If one who is eager for devotional service utters the holy name even partially or improperly, the holy name, which is identical with the Supreme Personality of Godhead, exhibits its spiritual potency because of that person's offenseless utterance
- In pursuance of the specific utterance vedhase, or "the compiler of the system of transcendental knowledge," Srila Sridhara Svami has commented that the respectful obeisances are offered to Srila Vyasadeva, who is the incarnation of Vasudeva
- In this condition one utters prayers and does not reply to others' inquiries. Looking at one's own body, concealing one's desires and not heeding the words of others are symptoms visible in the ecstasy of garva
- In those hours when His (Krsna's) value was minimized, He, being the Supreme Soul, used to tolerate all those utterings of mine, excusing me exactly as a true friend excuses his true friend, or a father excuses his son
- It does not mean that "We shall not utter even the name of gopis. We have taken vow to boycott the gopis." No. They are our worshipable devotees. How we can avoid them?
- It is customary that Siva is one of those who are offered respects, but Sati, while personally present in the arena, saw that the brahmanas did not utter the mantra offering oblations to Lord Siva, namah sivaya svaha
- It is the duty of a chaste wife, devoted to her husband, not to utter her husband's name, but all of you chant the name of Krsna. How can this be called a religious principle
- Krsna continued, "I was surprised to see that you (Rukmini) did not utter even a word of protest over this incident. Because of your great anxiety that you might be separated from Me, you suffered all the consequences without speaking even a word"
- Krsna went on speaking, "But at least if you utter the name of Balarama, they may prefer to give in charity to a ksatriya rather than to Me, because I am only a vaisya"
- Madhavendra Puri recited this verse again and again at the end of his material existence. Thus uttering this verse, he attained the ultimate goal of life
- Material scientists should take lessons from the utterances of Sri Brahma regarding our insignificance in comparison to God
- My dear Lord, You are glorified by the selected verses uttered by great personalities. Such glorification of Your lotus feet is just like saffron particles
- Narottama dasa Thakura says, "When that day will come, so that simply by uttering the name of Lord Caitanya there will be a shivering on my body?"
- Nityananda Prabhu requested everyone to serve Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, chant His glories and utter His name. Nityananda Prabhu claimed that person to be His life and soul who rendered devotional service unto Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- Not to speak of a sanctified devotee, even a candala, an outcaste, who is untouchable, is immediately freed from material bondage if he utters the holy name of the Lord even once
- Offering obeisances to the higher sections of societ, being always very clean, being free from duplicity, serving one's master, performing sacrifices without uttering mantras - these are the symptoms of the sudra
- On the other hand, they captivate My heart who are gladdened in heart and who, their lotus faces enlightened by nectarean smiles, respect the brahmanas, even though the brahmanas utter harsh words
- Only a liberated, highly evolved soul can utter the Lord's name purely and thus achieve the highest realization, untainted love of Godhead
- Persons learned in the Vedas, who utter omkara and who are great sages in the renounced order, enter into Brahman. Desiring such perfection, one practices celibacy. I (Krsna) shall now explain to you this process by which one may attain salvation
- Persons learned in the Vedas, who utter omkara and who are great sages in the renounced order, enter into Brahman. Desiring such perfection, one practices celibacy. I shall now explain to you this process by which one may attain salvation. BG 8.11 - 1972
- Persons who are learned in the Vedas, who utter omkara and who are great sages in the renounced order enter into Brahman. Desiring such perfection, one practices celibacy
- Pingala was a prostitute who said, "To hope against hope produces only misery. Utter hopelessness is the greatest happiness"
- Sama Veda utterances are automatically heard by the devotee when another great devotee of the Lord, Garuda, flaps his wings
- Since omkara is the basic principle of all Vedic knowledge, it is uttered before one begins to chant any Vedic hymn. Without omkara, no Vedic mantra is successful
- So the Visnudutas say that "Even though one has committed so many sinful activities, if at the..., if once he utters the holy name of Narayana, he becomes free immediately." That's a fact. It is not exaggeration
- Sometimes it so happens that one who wants to chastise Krsna utters the holy name, and thus the holy name becomes the cause of his liberation
- Sometimes there are other symptoms, like rubbing the two hands, clacking the teeth, clamping the lips, moving the eyebrows, scratching the arms, lowering the head, breathing rapidly, uttering strong words, nodding the head
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu replied, "The Mayavadi impersonalists are great offenders unto Lord Krsna; therefore they simply utter the words 'Brahman,' 'atma' and 'caitanya'"
- Sri Rupa Gosvami said, "I do not know anything. The only transcendental words I can utter are those which Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu makes me speak"
- Suta Gosvami is twice addressed by Saunaka Gosvami out of great joy because he and the members of the assembly were eager to hear the text of Bhagavatam uttered by Sukadeva Gosvami
- The Bhattacarya, who had taken pleasure in explaining Mayavada philosophy, became such a staunch devotee that he hated even to utter the word mukti. This is possible only by the causeless mercy of Lord Sri Caitanya
- The brahmana said, "As soon as I uttered Your name before him, he immediately confirmed the fact that he knew Your name"
- The brahmana was astonished to see that the sannyasi Prakasananda could not vibrate the sound Krsna even once, although he uttered the name Caitanya several times
- The disciplic succession holds that the Vedas were uttered by Lord Krsna to Brahma, by Brahma to Narada, and by Narada to Vyasadeva and then by Vyasadeva to Sukadeva Gosvami and so on. So there is no difference between the versions of all the authorities
- The envious Mayavadi cannot have access to the Bhagavatam, but those who are really anxious to get out of this material existence may take shelter of this Bhagavatam because it is uttered by the liberated Srila Sukadeva Gosvami
- The holy name has so much spiritual potency that it can deliver one from all sinful reactions and material entanglements, but utterance of the holy name will not be very soon fruitful if done to facilitate sinning
- The Kama-gayatri is not uttered under certain circumstances. In any case, the chanting of Hare Krsna is sufficient to elevate one to the highest spiritual platform
- The leader of the assembly, Saunaka, could estimate the value of the speaker, Sri Suta Gosvami, simply by his uttering yathadhitam and yatha-mati, and therefore he was very glad to congratulate him in ecstasy
- The letters of the holy name have so much spiritual potency that they act even when uttered improperly
- The Muslim secretary came to see Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu. When he offered his respects to the Lord's lotus feet and uttered the holy name of the Lord, "Krsna, Krsna," he also was overwhelmed with ecstatic love
- The perfect process for achieving this (freedom from all kinds of fear and the fullest extent of happiness in life), here and now, is recommended in the Srimad-Bhagavatam, which is uttered by such a great authority as Srila Sukadeva Gosvami
- The pious results derived from chanting the thousand holy names of Visnu three times can be attained by only one utterance of the holy name of Krsna
- The ruler Bhadrasrava and his intimate associates utter the following prayer: We offer our respectful obeisances unto the SPG, the reservoir of all religious principles, who cleanses the heart of the conditioned soul in this material world
- The shore of the lake was surrounded by clusters of pious trees and creepers, rich in fruits and flowers of all seasons, that afforded shelter to pious animals and birds, which uttered various cries. It was adorned by the beauty of groves of forest trees
- The specific utterance of Srimad-Bhagavatam in regard to "other animals" means that persons who are simply engaged in planning a better type of animal life consisting of eating, breathing and mating are also animals in the shape of human beings
- The three words om tat sat are uttered in conjunction with the holy name of the Supreme Lord, e.g., om tad visnoh. Whenever a Vedic hymn or the holy name of the Supreme Lord is uttered, om is added
- The transcendental name of Krsna, even though uttered unconsciously or by force of circumstances, can help one obtain freedom from the hurdle of birth and death
- The utterance of the word om signifies separation from one's monetary assets. In other words, by uttering this word one becomes free from attachment to money because his money is taken away from him
- The word 'api' is then used in the sense of ascertainment, and then the word 'eva' can be uttered four times with four words
- The words satam prasangan mama virya-samvidah (SB 3.25.25) mean that glorification of the Lord is potent when uttered from the mouth of a pure devotee
- These persons (who died in Mathura) had a slight breathing exhiliration, their eyes were wide open, the colors of their bodies were changed, and they began to utter the holy name of Krsna. In this condition they gave up their material bodies
- They did not even observe common formalities of civilized society, and in the presence of Lord Balarama they uttered insulting words about the Yadu dynasty. Having spoken in this unmannerly way, they returned to their city of Hastinapura
- This flute is utterly unfit because it is merely a dead bamboo stick. Moreover, it belongs to the male sex
- This Hare Krsna is so easy to utter, that any man can utter. That we have experienced. Any part of the world, we chant Hare Krsna, and they can very easily imitate and chant
- Those who are unable to utter immediately the Sweet Name of Krishna, they are recommended to chant Om
- Those who worship Narayana first of all utter the name of Laksmi, as Laksmi-Narayana. Similarly, those who worship Lord Rama first of all utter the name of Sita. In any case - Sita-Rama, Radha-Krsna, Laksmi-Narayana - the potency always comes first
- To say nothing of the spiritual advancement of persons who see the Supreme Person face to face, even a person born in a family of dog-eaters becomes immediately eligible to perform Vedic sacrifices if he once utters the holy name of the S P of Godhead
- To say nothing of the spiritual advancement of persons who see the Supreme Person face to face, even a person born in a family of dog-eaters immediately becomes eligible to perform Vedic sacrifices if he once utters the holy name of the SPG
- We therefore pray unto You, O Lord, for You are very affectionate to Your devotees. Please help us remember You and utter Your holy names, attributes and activities, which can dispel all the reactions of our sinful lives
- When all the animals fled, the hunter wanted to chastise Narada with abusive language, but due to Narada's presence, he could not utter anything abusive
- When somehow or other uttered even once by a living entity, the holy name awards him liberation. The holy name of Krsna is the highest nectar. It is my very life and my (Sanatana Gosvami's) only treasure
- When that time will come when torrents of tears shall pour from my eyes simply by uttering the Name of Gauranga
- When the Mayavadis pretend to perform kirtana or hold discourses on the Bhagavatam for personal name and fame, they may sing and talk about Brahman, Caitanya, and Paramatma, but they cannot utter Lord Krsna's name
- When we chant, when we utter the bija mantra that we utter loudly. That is required. That is japa. So this mantra is mahamantra and it should be chanted loudly, or as you like. There is no such restriction
- Whenever anyone had to speak, he did so by uttering the holy name of Krsna. Consequently, the holy name of Krsna became an indication for everyone who wanted something
- Whether or not the brahmanas were uttering the Vedic hymns correctly was tested by sacrifice in the arena. On the whole, the animals thus sacrificed were not at all the losers
- While finding fault with You, he uttered Your name three times, saying Caitanya, Caitanya, Caitanya
- While performing a fire sacrifice, one pronounces the word svaha in mantras such as indraya svaha and adityaya svaha. These mantras are uttered to satisfy the Supreme Personality of Godhead through demigods such as Indra and Aditya
- Why could Prakasananda not utter the names 'Krsna' and 'Hari'? He chanted the name 'Caitanya' thrice. As far as I am concerned, simply by seeing You I am moved to chant the holy names 'Krsna' and 'Hari'
- Yamaraja advised his followers that only persons who have never uttered the holy name of the Lord or remembered the form, qualities and pastimes of the Lord should be approached by his watchguards
- You are the maintainer of the three worlds, you are full of transcendental effulgence, you are as quick as the mind, and you are able to work wonders. I can simply utter the word namah, offering all obeisances unto you