Pages in category "There Be"
The following 72 pages are in this category, out of 72 total.
- A chaste woman will never accept any man other than her husband, even if there be someone equally as handsome and qualified
- A mleccha is a meat-eater, and a yavana is one who has deviated from Vedic culture. Unfortunately, such mlecchas and yavanas are in executive power. How, then, can there be peace and prosperity in the state
- Although the sun is all light, the clouds, darkness and snowfall are all part and parcel of the sun. Without the sun there is no possibility of the sky's being overcast with clouds or darkness, nor can there be snowfall on the earth
- Another request I have to you is that there have now been two instances of when somebody does not agree you try to get them out by calling the police. This is never to be done. This is the mistaken policy of Shayasundar, but do not follow this principle
- Devahuti is indirectly asking that in his (Kardama Muni's) absence from home there be at least one male child to give her relief from her anxieties. This relief means spiritual instruction. Relief does not mean material comforts
- Devaki wanted to save her brother (Kamsa) from this terrible, sinful act (the killing of a helpless, newborn child). Therefore she told him - Don't be so atrocious as to kill a female child. Let there be all good fortune for you
- Each and every body is different from the other. So long the soul is in ignorance and identifies with the body, how can there be equality? So unless one is raised to spiritual understanding, there is no question of equality on the bodily platform
- Even if all the innumerable living entities wanted to become Krsna conscious, there would be no scarcity of love of Godhead, nor would there be insufficiency in providing for their maintenance
- Even if they are hidden under different guises, I offer my respects to all of them. By their mercy, may there be good fortune in the royal dynasties that are always offending them
- How can there be any doubt about the salvation of the gopis, who were so fond of Krsna?
- How can there be happiness or peace in animal society? The big leaders want to keep the citizenry as animals, and at the same time they are striving to make a United Nations. How is it possible? United Animals? Is it possible? Society for United Animals
- How can there be meaning to the word "lord" if there is no one to overlord? The conclusion is that the living entities are considered to be expansions of the energy of the Supreme Lord, and the Lord, the Personality of Godhead, Krsna, is the energetic
- How do you understand that God is great? What is your calculation, that from, on this point, God is great? Just like in your Bible it is said, "God said 'Let there be creation,' and there was creation." Is it not? Is it not statement? So here is greatness
- How there can be peace? And they are after peace. They are making conference - "peace." By conference and passing resolution there can be peace? And the result is Naxalites, Communists
- If a living entity were equal to the Supreme Lord, there would be no possibility of his being controlled by material energy
- If the central point is missing, how can there be brotherhood and peace
- If the citizens of the (secular) state are not educated in the above-mentioned (in SB 7.11.8-12) good qualities, how can there be happiness
- Impersonalists, they do not know what is love. Because he's one. Their philosophy is oneness. So how there can be love, one? Is it possible? Have you got any such experience, love means one? No. Love means two. There must be two: the lover & the beloved
- In such a greatly learned person, situated on the elevated platform of transcendence, how can there be any distinction between enemy and friend?
- In the absence of wrath how can there be any place for lust
- In this present day, man is very eager to have one scripture, one God, one religion, and one occupation. So let there be one common scripture for the whole world - Bhagavad-gita. And let there be one God for the whole world - Krsna. BG 1972 Introduction
- In this verse (SB 7.7.17) the word bhuyat may be understood to mean "let there be."
- It is said that this material world is the perverted reflection of the spiritual world, so unless there is variegatedness in the spiritual world, how can there be temporary variegatedness in the material world
- Let death there be. So long death does not come, let me enjoy and have sense gratification - That has become the standard of civilization at the present moment. But real problem is how to conquer death
- Let there be one institution for training Indian youth for this Krsna consciousness movement
- Let there be one mantra only - Hare Krsna. And let there be one work only - the service of the Supreme Personality of Godhead. BG 1972 Introduction
- Let there be one picture how Krsna is controlling the whole universe. That picture wanted, not these cheap pictures, imitating our rubbish behavior with boys and girls. These pictures we do not want
- Material conception there is difference. If you want water, simply by chanting, "water, water," your satisfaction will not be there. But in the spiritual world, everything being absolute, there is no difference between the name Krsna and the person Krsna
- May there be good fortune throughout the universe, and may all envious persons be pacified. May all living entities become calm by practicing bhakti-yoga, for by accepting devotional service they will think of each other's welfare
- Mother Yasoda considered whether the vision might be due to bewilderment: "I am fit in health; I am not diseased. Why should there be any bewilderment? It is not possible that my brain is deranged, since I am ordinarily quite fit to think
- "Narayana is transcendental to the creation." (Gita-bhasya) Since all the activities of Narayana are spiritual, when Narayana said, "Let there be creation," that creation was all-spiritual
- Narottama dasa sings: When will there be transcendental vibrations all over my body simply by my hearing the name of Gauranga? When will tears incessantly flow from my eyes simply by my uttering the names of the Lord?
- Now big, big cities, they have got big, big Olympian sporting, but no yajna performance. So why there shall not be scarcity of rain? And as soon as there is scarcity of rain, there is scarcity of food grains
- O how wonderful is the influence of inevitable time. It is irreversible - otherwise, how can there be reverses in the presence of King Yudhisthira, the son of the demigod controlling religion and Bhima, the great fighter with a club?
- O how wonderful is the influence of inevitable time. It is irreversible - otherwise, how can there be reverses in the presence of the great bowman Arjuna with his mighty weapon Gandiva; and above all, the Lord, the direct well-wisher of the Pandavas?
- O master of the entire world, when Indra could find no faults, he thought, "How will there be good fortune for me?" Thus he was full of deep anxiety
- O my Lord, best of the givers of benediction, if You at all want to bestow a desirable benediction upon me, then I pray from Your Lordship that within the core of my heart there be no material desires
- Oh, let there be fire. I have to die, today or tomorrow. Let me die. - No. I do not wish to die. Therefore I go away. This is psychology. So everyone wants to live forever. That's a fact
- On this nonsense idea the whole world is going on. So how there can be real knowledge? The basic principle of knowledge is ignorance. Andha. The man who is leading, he is blind. So how he can lead? This is the position
- One thing for Caitanya Mahaprabhu's Appearance Day, I want that there be published one volume of Caitanya Caritamrta. You have got the Adi lila from Chapter Seven onwards. So at least one volume must be published of 400 pages, hardbound edition
- One who explains the supreme secret to the devotees is the most dear to Krsna and never will there be one more dear. So always keep them enthused in this book distribution. This pleases me very much
- One who is not in transcendental consciousness can have neither a controlled mind nor steady intelligence, without which there is no possibility of peace. And how can there be any happiness without peace? BG 2.66 - 1972
- Our Krsna consciousness movement, bhagavata-dharma, it is not sentiment. We can explain how God created. Sometimes it is, in Bible, it is said: "God said, 'Let there be creation,' and there was creation." But they cannot explain
- Sabda is spiritual. Originally, just like in Bible there is "Let there be creation," this sound, this spiritual sound. Creation. Creation was not there. The sound produced the creation. Therefore, sound is originally spiritual
- Simple thing. Big, big acaryas, they accepted Krsna as He is. And why shall I not accept? This is parampara system. If others have accepted Krsna as He tells, and they have become big, big acaryas, so what objection can be there from my part? What I am?
- Srila Vyasadeva has explained that the Absolute Truth is a person who has different potencies. Merely by His desire that there be creation and by His glance (sa aiksata), He created this material world
- Svasty astu visvasya: "Let there be good fortune throughout the entire universe." Prahlada Maharaja thus requested the Lord to be merciful to everyone, including his father, a most envious person
- That frog philosophy is going on. Dr. Frog. He's simply calculating the well, that's all. "How there can be Atlantic Ocean?" That is frog philosophy
- The demigods said: Beloved Visvarupa, may there be all good fortune for you. We, the demigods, have come to your asrama as your guests. Please try to fulfill our desires according to the time, since we are on the level of your parents
- The King was satisfied, thinking, Let there be a son. It does not matter if he is not very obedient
- The Lord is never affected by any kind of wrath, so how can there be any place for lust, which is less strong than wrath? When lust or desire is not fulfilled, there is the appearance of wrath
- The Lord is so merciful to His devotee that He immediately said to Dhruva Maharaja, Let there be all good fortune for you
- The temple is managed by Srimati Radharani, Laksmiji; so why should there be want? Our philosophy is, if anyone comes, let him take prasad, chant Hare Krsna & be happy. Everything is being supplied by Krsna, Krsna is not poor, so why we should deny them
- These are the Vedic information. God means na tasya karyam karanam ca vidyate. He has nothing to do; He has simply to desire. I think in Christian Bible also it is said, "God said, 'Let there be creation,' and there was creation." He has to simply desire
- We are falsely claiming proprietorship; we are encroaching upon others' independence. This is our business. How there can be peace? It is not possible
- We don't have to endeavor separately for misery. No one says, "Let there be a fire in my house" or "Let my child die." No one aspires after these things, yet they happen
- We're afraid of suffering. Let there be so many, what is that? Let me do my duty
- What is the use of changing party? Because this party or that party, they are not surrendered to Krsna. So unless you come to the point of surrendering to Krsna, there cannot be any peace. Simply by changing from frying pan to the fire will not save you
- What is the use of taking percentage of the stars in the presence of moon? Let there be one moon, that is sufficient. There is no question of percentage. One ideal man. Just like in Christian world, one ideal Lord Jesus Christ
- Whatever we see, very superior or inferior, good or bad, that is all from Krsna. "Bad is also Krsna?" Yes. Bad is also Krsna because there cannot be anything existing without Krsna - no existentional position
- When God has to create, as soon as He desires, "Let there be a creation," immediately creation. He hasn't got to think, make a plan, how to do it, how to execute it, where to get the ingredients. No
- When God says, "Let there be creation," millions of planets, immediately created. That is God. Not that cheap God, "I am God." In your country they come, and you become cheated. We don't accept such cheap God
- Without personal existence, how can there be activity (activities of the Lord)?
- You are right when you write to say that everything about us, tables, chairs, bricks etc. is originally emanating from sound vibration. This is also admitted in the Christian Bible wherein it is said that God said, Let there be creation
- You have to understand the position of God. In every literature, in every scripture: "God said: 'Let there be creation.' So there was creation." So creation is the universe. So God created this universe. So if you love God, then you love the universe