task | tasks
Subcategories Pages in category
This category has the following 7 subcategories, out of 7 total.
Pages in category "Task"
The following 83 pages are in this category, out of 83 total.
- Another significant word is suduskaram, very difficult to perform. What was the task that Dhruva Maharaja undertook? The most difficult task in life is to satisfy the Supreme Personality of Godhead, and Dhruva Maharaja would be able to do that
- Any person after obtaining a human form of life - which is a chance to attain liberation from miseries - undertakes the difficult tasks of fruitive activities, must be considered to be cheated and envious of his own self
- Any person who can quickly execute a very difficult task is called expert
- Arjuna is a great warrior, fighter, and for a ksatriya to kill one is not very difficult task
- As explained in previous verses (of SB 10.2.8), Yogamaya was requested to attract Sankarsana, Baladeva, from the womb of Devaki to the womb of Rohini, and this was a very heavy task for her
- As long as one is affected by the modes of material nature, especially by rajas and tamas, he will be very greedy and lusty and will therefore engage in hard tasks, laboring all day and night
- Balarama said, "Every statement they (Kurus) made was full of crazy proposals. I should immediately take them to task and bring them to their senses. If I do not take steps against them, it will be improper on My part"
- Before Brahma took up the task of creation, he found the Lord sleeping on the serpent bed in the waves of the water of devastation. Therefore, sleeping exists in the internal potency of the Lord, and this is not denied by pure devotees of the Lord
- Bhaktivinode Thakura used to say all difficult tasks he had to execute for Krishna were considered as great pleasure for him
- By the grace of the Lord, Brahma was able to execute the tremendous task so perfectly that everyone is amazed to see the workmanship of the vidhata, or the regulator
- Even though he had accepted material opulences, he could not be deviated from his own task. He again became Krsna conscious
- Everyone is engaged in performing very difficult tasks simply for the gratification of the senses. All of these are considered to be engaged in sense gratificatory activities (or visaya) because they all demand some facility for material existence
- I do not mind this curse by the parents of my disciples, but now it is necessary that I stay in one place to finish another task - this translation of Srimad-Bhagavatam
- If by philosophical research one cannot come to the point of understanding Supreme Person, then his task is not finished. His search in knowledge is still to be continued until he comes to the point of understanding the Supreme Lord in devotional service
- If one practices devotional service by always keeping Krsna within the core of his heart (man-manah), he immediately becomes a first-class yogi. Furthermore, keeping Krsna within the mind is not a difficult task for the devotee
- If people would take shelter of the KCM & practice the simple austerities of no illicit sex, intoxication, gambling & no meat-eating, & chant the HK mantra regularly (16 rounds), by this practical method it would be a very easy task to get salvation
- If we simply follow Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu’s instructions and follow in the footsteps of Sri Nityananda Prabhu, even more difficult tasks can be performed by the preachers remaining faithful to the service of the Lord
- Ill-fated yogis are given a chance in the next birth by being placed in the families of good learned brahmanas or in the families of rich merchants in order to execute the unfinished task of Vasudeva realization
- In modern days, it is not possible to give up one's home and go to the forest to practice austerity, but if people of all ages would take shelter of the Krsna consciousness movement, it would be a very easy task to get salvation from this material world
- It is remarked by the Lord Himself that those who are attached to this impersonal feature of the Lord suffer a very troublesome task because no one can concentrate on the impersonal feature
- It was not a very easy task for the King (Anga) to give up his opulent kingdom and young, faithful wife
- It was not a very easy task for the King (Anga) to give up his opulent kingdom and young, faithful wife, but it was certainly a great blessing of the Supreme that he could give up the attachment and go out to the forest without being seen by anyone
- It would certainly be a very laborious task to pick the fruits and distribute them alone, and still I suspect that some would receive them and others would not
- Lord Brahma had to accommodate different places and situations for the requisite bodies of the conditioned souls. The task was meant only for Brahma, and no one in the universe can even understand how difficult it was
- Lord is always thinking of you, & you are also recognized by all His confidential devotees because you are a pure devotee of the Lord. Your life is meant for exemplary behavior. I am therefore surprised - why have you undertaken such an abominable task?
- Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu wanted to purify the whole atmosphere of the polluted world by sending qualified preachers all over the world, and it remains with the Indians to take up this task scientifically and thus do the best kind of humanitarian work
- Maharaja Pariksit was actually an ideal saintly king because while touring his kingdom he happened to see that a poor cow was about to be killed by the personified Kali, whom he at once took to task as a murderer
- My dear King, your son is very competent. He will perform activities which would be impossible even for great kings & sages. Very soon he will complete his task & come back home. You should know that he will also spread your reputation all over the world
- People do not try to understand Krsna; they simply try for economic development. Their first business should be to understand Krsna. Other business should be secondary. So at the present moment, it is very difficult task
- Pradyumna's attachment for Krsna was always exhibited by his action. Whenever he was ordered by his father to execute something, he would immediately execute the order, taking the task as nectarean even though it may have been poison
- Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya said, "My dear Sir, You have delivered the entire world, but that is not a very great task. However, You have also delivered me, and that is certainly the work of very wonderful powers
- Seeing such a misleading creation as a sinful task, Brahma did not feel much pleasure in his activity, and therefore he purified himself by meditation on the Personality of Godhead. Then he began another term of creation
- She (Mayadevi) is Vaisnavi. She is great devotee of Krsna. But she has accepted a thankless task, to punish. The policeman is a sincere government servant, but he has accepted a task, nobody likes him
- Specifically, He (Caitanya) sent Rupa Gosvami and Sanatana Gosvami to Vrndavana and Nityananda to Bengal and personally went to South India. In this way He kindly left the task of preaching His cult in the rest of the world to the ISKCON
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu continued, "You can perform a task that even I cannot do. But for You, I cannot find anyone in Gauda-desa who can fulfill My mission there"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu had been very satisfied to see the King (Prataparudra) accept the menial task of sweeping the street, and for this humility the King received the mercy of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- Such foolish people draw up various plans to render national demarcations perfectly, a task that is totally impossible. Yet for this purpose each and every nation has become a source of anxiety for others
- The demigods are entrusted by the Lord to create different species of living entities according to their past deeds. They are herein (in SB 3.5.51) asking the favor of the Lord for the intelligence and power to carry out their task
- The demigods continue: After performing the very difficult tasks of executing Vedic ritualistic sacrifices, undergoing austerities, observing vows and giving charity, we have achieved this position as inhabitants of the heavenly planets
- The different grades of living entities are not created by Brahmaji by his capricious whims, but he is entrusted with the task of giving the living entities different grades of body so that they can work accordingly
- The Gandharvas, the Kimpurusas and the Kinnaras sounded thousands and thousands of kettledrums and trumpets again and again, and they sang in great jubilation, declaring, "How exalted a person is Bali Maharaja, and what a difficult task he has performed!"
- The guru's task is to open the disciple's eyes of knowledge. When the disciple is awakened from ignorance to knowledge, he can see the Supreme Personality of Godhead everywhere because the Lord actually is everywhere
- The incarnation (of God) performs a task which is not even imaginable by the tiny brain of mankind
- The kings continued: "O Lord (Krsna), we were simply engaged in the abominable task of killing citizens and alluring them to be unnecessarily killed, just to satisfy our political whims"
- The Lord does not interfere with the task of the illusory energy because such performances of the illusory energy are also necessary for reformation of the conditioned soul
- The mental speculator may be called Dr. Frog. The story is that a frog in a three-foot well wanted to calculate the length and breadth of the Atlantic Ocean on the basis of his knowledge of his own well. But it was an impossible task for Dr. Frog
- The mothers of the boys (Krsna's cowherd boys expansions), upon hearing the sounds of the flutes and bugles being played by their sons, immediately rose from their household tasks, lifted their boys onto their laps - SB 10.13.22
- The performance of yajna is a very difficult task because all the demigods must be invited to participate in the yajna. In this Kali-yuga it is not possible to perform such costly sacrifices, nor is it possible to invite the demigods to participate
- The statement made by Sukadeva Gosvami that the topmost transcendentalist, who is beyond the jurisdiction of regulations & restrictions, mainly takes to the task of hearing about & glorifying the Personality of Godhead is verified by his personal example
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead gives credit to a devotee who performs any heavy task perfectly. Hanumanji, or Vajrangaji, the servant of Lord Ramacandra, serves as an example
- The topmost transcendentalist, who is beyond the jurisdiction of regulations and restrictions, mainly takes to the task of hearing about and glorifying the Personality of Godhead
- The vayasyas said, "This is very troublesome for us because we see that you have undertaken a severely laborious task. We think, therefore, that you need not continue to stand in that way holding the hill"
- There is a river known as Vaitarani between the material and spiritual worlds, and one must cross this river to reach the other side, or the spiritual world. This is an extremely difficult task
- This is a very easy task (begetting children by fulfilling sexual desire) for a husband under normal conditions. In spite of Kasyapa's being very eager, he requested her (Diti) to wait for a few seconds so that others might not reproach him
- This Krsna consciousness movement is educating people how to become advanced in devotional service and how to go back home, back to Godhead. And this is not a very difficult task. It is very easy
- Those who have accepted the task of spreading the Hare Krsna maha-mantra in full Krsna consciousness should take this opportunity to deliver people very easily from the clutches of material existence
- Through His inconceivable energy, a pure devotee can perform tasks that are supposed to be very, very difficult. He can perform tasks not even previously performed by the Lord Himself
- Thus after finishing all the tasks he had on his mind, he returned to Vrndavana fully satisfied
- To become free from birth and death is not an easy task. Birth and death are natural to this material body
- To endeavor to be situated in the shade of the lotus feet of the Lord is not an ordinary task because even the great brahmacaris headed by Sanandana, who practiced astanga-yoga in trance, attained the shelter of the Lord's lotus feet
- To engage in the service of the Lord is the natural function of the living entity, but because he is covered by the influence of maya, the material energy, he thinks it to be a very difficult task
- To enter the city of Pragjyotisa-pura was not a very easy task, because it was very well fortified. First of all, there were four strongholds guarding the four directions of the city, which was well protected on all sides by formidable military strength
- Too much of an external view of the world gives rise to an overly large-scale and difficult type of industry and trade, known as ugra-karma. The word ugra means "hard" or "difficult," and karma means "task."
- We can just imagine how responsible a task is entrusted to a sadhu like Mahatma Vidura
- We do not hate maya because we know maya is also a faithful agent of Krishna, but her task is very thankless
- We should always remember that to become a bona fide devotee of the Lord is not an easy task, but in this age, by the mercy of Lord Caitanya, it has been made very easy