Category:Studying Vedanta Philosophy
This category has only the following subcategory.
Pages in category "Studying Vedanta Philosophy"
The following 14 pages are in this category, out of 14 total.
- A devotee must know the importance of simultaneously understanding Vedanta philosophy and chanting the holy names. If by studying Vedanta one becomes an impersonalist, he has not been able to understand Vedanta
- A real Vaisnava should, however, study Vedanta philosophy, but if after studying Vedanta one does not adopt the chanting of the holy name of the Lord, he is no better than a Mayavadi
- A Vaisnava should be completely conversant with Vedanta philosophy, yet he should not think that studying Vedanta is all in all and therefore be unattached to the chanting of the holy name
- All you are young Westerners. You never study Vedanta, but you can surprise many so-called Vedantists how to understand Krsna
- Arjuna, on the other hand, took Krsna as his most intimate friend. Arjuna was not a Vedantist but a fighter, a warrior. He had no time to study Vedanta because he had to deal with war and politics, but still he was the greatest devotee
- If one studies Vedanta, he has to tax his brain so much, he has to learn Sanskrit, he has to learn the intricacies of logic and philosophy and so many things
- If you are studying Vedas, if you are Vedantist, then ultimate knowledge will depend how you have understood Krsna. If you do not understand Krsna, what is the use of your studying Vedanta and Vedas? It is useless
- In Bhagavad-gita, for example, we see that Arjuna is listening to Krsna on the battlefield. He is not engaged in the study of Vedanta philosophy. We can hear from the Supreme Authority in any place, even in the battlefield
- In the Brahma-samhita it is stated that the Personality of Godhead cannot be understood simply by study of the Vedanta literature. Only by the mercy of the Supreme Lord can the Personality of the Supreme be known. BG 1972 purports
- One has to take to this process of hari-kirtana. Anyone can take, without any prequalification. You haven't got to study philosophy or Vedanta
- One interested in studying Vedanta philosophy properly must study these commentaries (by four sampradaya-acrayas), especially if he is a Vaisnava. These commentaries are always adored by Vaisnavas
- The Vedanta philosophy, Mahabharata, each and every verse if you study, you can study for the whole life
- They (Mayavadi sannyasis) begged to be pardoned for the offenses they had committed by criticizing the Lord (Caitanya) for simply chanting and dancing and not taking part in the study of the Vedanta-sutra