This category has only the following subcategory.
Pages in category "Spiritual Progress"
The following 55 pages are in this category, out of 55 total.
- A spiritual master knows very well how to engage each disciple in a particular duty, but if a disciple, thinking himself more advanced than his spiritual master, gives up his orders and acts independently, he checks his own spiritual progress
- According to a Bengali proverb, whatever spiritual progress one makes in life will be tested at the time of death
- All the asramas are recognized for spiritual progress, and therefore although the grhastha-asrama gives a kind of license for sex life for a certain time, it does not allow unrestricted sex life
- Although he is situated in the best position, he does not hanker after praise. He is confident in his work - he is never under the impression that he is not making progress toward the supreme goal of life, going back to Godhead
- An ascetic is never disturbed by all kinds of sufferings, and that makes him strong and determined on the path of spiritual progress
- Bhaktivinoda Thakura therefore says, jada-vidya yata mayara vaibhava tomara bhajane badha: "Materialistic studies are the glare of maya only, for they are an obstacle to spiritual progress."
- Both becoming addicted to sex life and associating with persons who are addicted to sex life are condemned in the Vedic literature because such association will simply interfere with one's spiritual progress
- By bhakti-yoga one can become directly aware of his progress in spiritual life, just as a person who eats can understand that his hunger is satisfied
- By following these principles of devotional service strictly, chanting twenty-four hours a day the maha-mantra one makes positive progress in spiritual life and ultimately becomes completely fit to see the Supreme Personality of Godhead face to face
- Empty sophistry may show off some mundane erudition, but it cannot help one make spiritual progress. In fact, these dry empirical debates often create big hurdles. So it is better to avoid them
- Even for a king like Maharaja Pariksit there was need of a spiritual master for guidance. Without such guidance one cannot make progress in spiritual life
- Even ordinary students who are trying to make progress in spiritual life, they are not interested, amisa-madya-seva (meat-eating and intoxication). They are not interested. This is practical
- I am glad to learn that you are daily coming to our New York temple to worship the Deity. Most probably I shall be coming to New York next April where we shall meet and talk more about spiritual progress of life
- I am not interested to spend money for your political party neither engage our men to divert attention from spiritual progress for political propaganda
- If one engages not only in hearing but in trying to broadcast the message of devotional activities as well, or if he engages himself in helping the missionary activities of Krsna consciousness, he gradually feels spiritual progress
- If our ears are always engaged in hearing the glorification of the Lord, there will be no scope for hearing the Mayavada philosophy, which is doom to spiritual progress
- If people divide the whole society into four orders for spiritual progress & material progress, centering these orders on Krsna & following the instructions of Krsna as stated in the Bhagavad-gita, the entire human society will undoubtedly be happy
- If the wife is helpful in the spiritual progress of life, she is the best friend and philosopher
- In Bhagavad-gita it is said that in order to make spiritual progress, one must become fearless. Abhayam sattva-samsuddhih (BG 16.1). Fearfulness is the result of material involvement
- In this age especially, in Kali-yuga we become very, very slow in spiritual progress, although that is our main business. But on account of this Kali-yuga, we are all very, very slow. We think that "Spiritual cultivation is meant for old age"
- It should be understood that sexual inclinations are meant not for spiritual progress but for gliding down to hell
- One clergyman, he was talking with me. He said, "Swamiji, I have seen your disciples have a very nice face, glowing face." And "Yes, certainly. They must be. They are making spiritual progress"
- Our real interest lies in understanding this simple fact. Then we can make further spiritual progress. Otherwise, if we remain in the bodily conception of life, our miserable material existence will continue forever
- People may ask that "By mentioning these great fighter, what spiritual progress we make? Because we are meant for chanting Hare Krsna maha-mantra, so by chanting the names of these great fighters, what do we gain?"
- Progress in spiritual culture brings about the disintegration of false ego and material attraction
- Prthu Maharaja, in the same way, could not restrain himself from receiving the four Kumaras, who were bright by dint of their spiritual progress, and thus not only he himself but also his officers and associates all received the four Kumaras
- Sannyasi means responsible, you must be responsible for the spiritual progress of the devotees, to see that the right standard is being observed in all departments
- Self-control means that one should not accept anything which is detrimental to the path of spiritual progress. One should become accustomed to this and reject anything which is against the path of spiritual progress
- Social freedom of man and woman, especially among the younger section, is certainly a great stumbling block on the path of spiritual progress
- Sri Naradadeva was just foretelling the way of his spiritual progress in a place which was sanctified by the flow of the celestial Ganges
- That is our real concern, the spiritual progress of life. That is duty of GBC
- The conclusion is that a husband should be a pure Vaisnava and that a woman should be a chaste wife with all the symptoms described in this regard. Then both of them will be happy and make spiritual progress in Krsna consciousness
- The materialistic way of life is based on sex life. Both becoming addicted to sex life and associating with persons who are addicted to sex life are condemned in Vedic literature because such association will simply interfere with one's spiritual progress
- The physical lack of sight does not bar one from spiritual progress. But when one is blind spiritually, even though physically fit, that blindness is dangerously detrimental to the progressive path of human life
- The woman helps the man, either as mother or wife or daughter, then both of them, if the woman remains subordinate and the man is making spiritual progress and the woman is helping the man, then both of them will make spiritual progress
- The woman is known as his better half, so if she looks after the comfort of the man, a man is working and she is looking after the comfort, then both will be satisfied and their spiritual life will progress
- Thereafter, within a very few days, by the influence of the mantra that Citraketu had practiced, his mind became increasingly enlightened in spiritual progress, and he attained shelter at the lotus feet of Anantadeva
- They (material assets) foil spiritual energy, and thus the less we possess such products of material nature, the more we have a good chance for spiritual progress
- We have seen that in spite of the very black record of their past lives, persons who take to Krsna consciousness become perfectly cleansed of all dirty things and make spiritual progress very swiftly
- Without becoming brahmana nobody can make spiritual progress. That is the door of spiritual knowledge