Separation from Krsna
"separation from Krsna"|"separation from Krishna"
This category has the following 4 subcategories, out of 4 total.
- ► Caitanya's Separation from Krsna (73 P)
- ► Feelings of Separation from Krsna (28 P)
- ► Radharani's Separation from Krsna (33 P)
- ► Separation from God (2 C, 28 P)
Pages in category "Separation from Krsna"
The following 230 pages are in this category, out of 230 total.
- A person in full Krsna consciousness is always liberated from false egoism; he utilizes everything for Krsna's service and is not at any time separated from Krsna
- A Vaisnava is always firmly situated in transcendental bliss because of engagement in devotional service. Although he may appear to suffer material pains, his position is called transcendental bliss in separation
- Actually, any person who can think, feel and will cannot be separated from Krsna. But the stage in which he can understand his eternal relationship with Krsna is called Krsna consciousness
- After Krsna returned from His teacher's home, He was pleased to see Uddhava, who happened to be His dearmost friend. Krsna wanted to send him to Vrndavana with a message to the residents to pacify their deep feelings of separation
- All these conditions prove that out of separation from your son you have a severe headache." These are some of the symptoms of Mother Yasoda's anxiety for Krsna
- All were very anxious to have an audience with the Lord, although because of spiritual contact they were never separated from the Lord
- Although the gopis were seemingly anguished by the Lord's (Krsna's) teasing behavior, when Krsna would leave them they could not tolerate the separation and used to follow Him with their eyes and minds
- Although the inhabitants of Vrndavana felt separation from Krsna, the resulting ecstasy (bhava) caused them to perceive that Krsna was always present with them by His lila, or pastimes
- And in His Gauranga feature Krsna tastes separation from Krsna in the ecstasy of Srimati Radharani
- As far as His (Krsna's) connection with earth was concerned, the Lord would traverse the earth with His lotus feet, and therefore there was no chance of separation
- As soon as we chant Hare Krsna or chant Bhagavad-gita or Bhagavata, so He is present immediately by His vibration. He's absolute. Therefore try to remember His words of instruction; you'll not feel separation. You'll feel that He is with you
- As the gopis were thinking of Krsna in separation twenty-four hours a day, so Krsna was also always thinking of the gopis, mother Yasoda, Nanda Maharaja and the other residents of Vrndavana
- As we go on chanting Hare Krishna, in the pure status, we shall be on the loving platform and at that time, we shall feel the greatest separation from the Lord; but that feeling of separation from the Lord is more relishable than meeting the Lord
- At the time of the rasa dance those gopis who could not join Him gave up their bodies simply by thinking of Him. Absorption in Krsna consciousness by feeling separation is thus the quickest method for attainment of the lotus feet of Krsna
- Because of feelings of separation from Krsna, an exalted devotee sometimes wants to give up his life. By such ecstatic love, however, one attains the audience of Krsna, and at that time he cannot give up his body
- Because of their (gopis) separation from Krsna, He might have asked them to return with Him to His capital city, Dvaraka. But the inhabitants of Vrndavana, the gopis, were not interested in the idea of going with Krsna to Dvaraka
- Because they had been separated from Krsna for so many years, the gopis, having come along with Nanda Maharaja and mother Yasoda, felt intense ecstasy upon seeing Krsna
- By the way He (Krsna) was speaking, she (Rukmini) was afraid of being separated from the Lord, for she had never heard such harsh words from Krsna before. Thus she became perplexed with fear of separation, and her heart began to palpitate
- Caitanya Mahaprabhu also, He said: "I was dreaming of Krsna, and why you awake Me? I have lost the chance." In this way they were making bhajana. This is called viraha-bhajana, separation. That is very recommended process
- Caitanya Mahaprabhu demonstrated practically how one can achieve love of Krsna by adopting Srimati Radharani’s mood in separation from Krsna
- Caitanya Mahaprabhu showed by practical example how one can cultivate the mood of Radharani and the other gopis in separation from Krsna. Devotees absorbed in this mood do not like to see Krsna anywhere else but Vrndavana
- Caitanya Mahaprabhu, by the example of His actual life, taught vipralambha-seva, service of Krsna in separation. Tears would come from His eyes like torrents of rain, for He would feel everything to be vacant for want of Krsna
- Conjugal love is divided into two portions: vipralambha, or conjugal love in separation, and sambhoga, or conjugal love in direct contact
- Cultivation of love for Krsna in separation
- Dear Krsna, because of their separation from You, the inhabitants of Vraja are so afflicted that they appear to be diseased. Their bodies are feverish, and they cannot move properly. They are simply lying down on the ground and breathing heavily
- Due to separation from Lord Jagannatha, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu felt the same great anxiety the gopis feel in separation from Krsna. In this condition He gave up all association and went to Alalanatha
- Due to the conditioned soul's eternal attitude of separation from Krsna, the spell of material energy awards him two kinds of bodily existence - the gross body consisting of five elements, and the subtle body consisting of mind, intelligence and ego
- Even the actual yogis aspire after such success with great interest by performance of their various practices. Who can tolerate separation from Him?
- Externally They (Krsna and Balarama) were absent from Vrndavana. Therefore, when Nanda Maharaja was preparing to return to Vrndavana, there was some discussion between him and the boys concerning how they could live in separation
- Feeling separation from Krsna and engaging in the service of the Lord to fulfill His mission constitute the best example of love of Krsna
- For example, as there is no separation between fire and air, there is no separation between Krsna and the living entities. When the living entities forget Krsna, they are not in their normal condition
- For the common person, as Caitanya Mahaprabhu has advised and as He has practically shown in His life, that is devotional service in separation - Where is Krsna
- For want of sufficient knowledge in the absolute science, we are now covered with illusion, and therefore we think that we are separate from Krsna. Although we are separated parts of Krsna, we are nevertheless not different from Him. BG 1972 purports
- From the life of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, an intelligent person engaged in pure devotional service can understand that He always felt separation from Krsna within Himself
- Gopis said, "My dear Krsna, due to separation from You, all of the denizens of Vrndavana have changed their color. And because of this change of color even the great sage Narada was thinking of Vrndavana as a white island in the ocean of milk
- Gopis said, "Now we request You, dear Krsna, to extinguish that fire with Your beautiful smile and the transcendental vibration emanating from Your lips. If You do not agree to do us this favor, we shall certainly be burned in the fire of separation"
- Hearing about the pastimes of Krsna and Balarama with great pleasure, mother Yasoda & Rohinidevi, so as not to be separated from Them for even a moment, got up with Them on one bullock cart. In this situation, they all looked very beautiful - SB 10.11.34
- Highly advanced ecstasy is divided into two categories - madana and mohana. Meeting together is called madana, and separation is called mohana
- How, then, could the Pandavas tolerate His separation, for they had been intimately associated with His person, seeing Him face to face, touching Him, conversing with Him, and sleeping, sitting and dining with Him?
- I (Arjuna) have just lost Him (Krsna) whose separation for a moment would render all the universes unfavorable and void, like bodies without life
- I have studied the path of understanding self-knowledge from my spiritual master, the Personality of Godhead, and thus after circumambulating Him I have come to this place, very much aggrieved due to separation
- If a devotee cannot give up this chanting of His holy name, how the persons who are actually seeing Krsna, associating with Krsna, can tolerate separation from Him?
- If one wants to continue his association with prakrti, the female energy of Krsna, and be separated from Krsna by the illusion that he is able to enjoy prakrti, he must continue in his conditional life
- If someone goes to Vrndavana, he will immediately feel separation from Krsna, who performed such nice activities when He was present there. Such attraction for remembering Krsna's activities is known as attachment for Krsna
- In conjugal love (srngara) there are two departments - meeting and separation. On the platform of meeting, there are unlimited varieties that are beyond description
- In ecstasy, one should feel the entire world to be vacant without the presence of Govinda. This is a sign of separation from Govinda
- In other words, because of the scorching heat, the swans are leaving the lakes. This metaphor is used to describe the condition of the devotees separated from Krsna
- In separation from Krsna Mother Yasoda became so humble that she prayed to the creator of the universe, Lord Brahma, with tears in her eyes
- In separation from Krsna, Mother Yasoda was looking at Krsna's makeup utensils, and she fell down on the ground almost unconscious, with a great sound
- In that separation (from Krsna) He (Caitanya) sometimes felt that He had found Krsna and was enjoying the meeting
- In the Bhagavad-gita, Lord Krsna explains that although everything is resting on His energy, He is different or separate from the energy
- In the example given here, the inhabitants of Vrndavana are compared to lakes filled with lotus flowers, and because of the scorching heat of separation from Krsna, the lakes - along with the lotus flowers of their lives - are being burned up
- In the second part of the Gopala-campu, known as Uttara-campu, the following subject matters are discussed: (5) the killing of Kamsa; (6) Nanda Maharaja’s separation from Krsna and Balarama
- In the Skanda Purana a devotee tells Lord Krsna, "My dear Lord, as the sun evaporates all the water on the ground by its scorching heat, so my mental state has dried away the luster of my face and body, due to separation from You"
- In this verse Madhavendra Puri teaches how to achieve ecstatic love for Krsna. By feeling separation from Krsna, one becomes spiritually situated
- In this way various ecstatic emotions evolved, & the mind of Caitanya filled with anxiety. He could not escape even for a moment. In this way, because of fierce feelings of separation, His patience began to totter, and He began to recite various verses
- In Vrndavana, the damsels of Vrajabhumi enjoy transcendental bliss in the company of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Krsna, and they feel the same transcendental bliss in separation when Krsna and Balarama leave Vrndavana for Mathura
- Indeed, Cupid's five arrows were Our via media. Now, during this separation, that attraction has increased to another ecstatic state. My dear friend, please act as a messenger on My behalf, because if one is in love with a beautiful person
- Indeed, sometimes Krsna puts them into extreme suffering by separating Himself from them. Nonetheless, they cannot forget Krsna
- It appears that mother Yasoda and Rohini could not be separated from Krsna and Balarama even for a moment. They used to pass their time either by taking care of Them or by chanting about Their pastimes. Thus mother Yasoda and Rohini looked very beautiful
- It is said that in that stage of separation, all the devotees in the different mellows are always active in thinking of ways to attain Krsna’s association
- It is to be noted that because Vasudeva and Devaki would be separated from Krsna when He was carried to Gokula, the residence of Nanda Maharaja, the Lord personally instructed them that they should always think of Him as their son and as the SPG
- It is very astonishing that while being separated from your dear son Krsna, you are still living within Vrndavana as a hard-hearted father
- It was possible for Caitanya Mahaprabhu and a few devotees, His immediate disciples like the Six Gosvamis, who were following in His footsteps. They worshiped Krsna in separation and sought Krsna everywhere
- It was so observed by Vidura that Uddhava had all the transcendental bodily changes due to total ecstasy, and he was trying to wipe away tears of separation from his eyes
- Joking with Rukmini in Dvaraka, Krsna once advised her to accept another husband because He was unfit for her. Rukmini, however, unable to understand His joking, took them very seriously & immediately fell to the ground in fear of separation from Him
- Just like you feel sometimes with your lover separation and you search, this is our process. Always feel separation from Krsna and try to search out. This is ekanta
- Kindly tell Me where to find Krsna, the treasure of My life and best of My friends. Feeling separation from Him, I hereby condemn Providence, the shaper of My destiny
- King Yudhisthira said, "My mind is becoming maddened day and night with separation from His lotus feet"
- Krsna and Balarama continued, "For certain reasons We were rejected by Our father and mother, and you protected Us. Dear father and mother, We know that you will feel separation upon returning to Vrndavana and leaving Us here"
- Krsna and His unalloyed devotees cannot be separated, and therefore glorifying the devotee means glorifying the Lord and vice versa
- Krsna can be present more acutely in separation. That is Caitanya Mahaprabhu's teaching: to love Krsna in separation
- Krsna continued, "I was surprised to see that you (Rukmini) did not utter even a word of protest over this incident. Because of your great anxiety that you might be separated from Me, you suffered all the consequences without speaking even a word"
- Krsna continued, "In Vrndavana, many gopis were attracted to Me, and now I have left them, and they are living but are simply crying for Me in separation"
- Krsna continued, "The gopis are the most dear. They always think of Me (Krsna) in such a way that they remain overwhelmed & almost dead in anxiety due to separation from Me. They are keeping alive simply by thinking that I am returning to them very soon"
- Krsna once thought, "At that time My friends, the cowherd boys, were unhappy even to tolerate a two-minute separation from Me. &, when they found Me, there was competition between us as to who would touch the other first with the flowers we had in hand"
- Krsna said, "After all, you (gopis) should know that it was not My intention to leave you; our separation was ordained by Providence, who after all is the supreme controller and does as He desires"
- Krsna said, "Because the energy is not separate from Me, it is to be concluded that I am existing in everything"
- Krsna said, "You (gopis) will understand that you are always with Me and that there is no cause of lamentation in our being separated from one another"
- Krsna was informed by some friend that His father Nanda was also in illusion in this way, in separation from Him
- Krsna was once addressed by His friend thus: "My dear Mukunda (Krsna), due to their being separated from You, the cowherd boys are standing just like neglected Deities in the house of a professional brahmana"
- Krsna was once informed, "It is as if the lakes filled with lotus flowers have dried up from the scorching heat of separation from You"
- Krsna's accepting the part of the gopis is certainly contradictory according to any mundane calculations, but the Lord, by His inconceivable character, may act like the gopis and feel separation from Krsna, although He is Krsna Himself
- Krsna's presence can be felt more strongly in separation from Him. That is Caitanya Mahaprabhu's teaching: to love Krsna in separation
- Lord Krsna has left this place, and therefore the deer are feeling separation. They do not hear our words; therefore how can they reply
- Lord Krsna immediately realized that Rukmini had not taken His words in a joking spirit. She had taken them very seriously, and in her extreme anxiety over immediate separation from Him, she had fallen into this condition
- Lord Krsna's attraction is so powerful that once being attracted by Him one cannot tolerate separation from Him. Why is this so? Because we are all eternally related with Him as the sun rays are eternally related with the sun disc
- Lord Sri Caitanya exhibited the highest stage of the feelings of a devotee in separation from the Lord. This exhibition was sublime because He was completely perfect in the feelings of separation. Materialists, however, cannot understand this
- Lord Sri Krsna is so attractive for the living beings, especially for the devotees, that it is impossible for them to tolerate separation. The conditioned soul under the spell of illusory energy forgets the Lord, otherwise he cannot
- Materialistic persons are always burning in a blazing fire of material miseries. The gopis were burning in a transcendental blazing fire due to separation from Krsna
- Mukunda, or Krsna, is also the source of solace for the damsels of Vrndavana. The damsels of Vrajabhumi are always suffering because of separation from Krsna, but when they meet Him during the moonlit autumn night, their fatigue of separation is relieved
- My dear Lord, because of Your separation My (Srimati Radharani) mind has become overly agitated. Now tell Me, what can I do? I am very poor and You are very merciful, so kindly have compassion upon Me and let Me know when I shall see You
- My dear Pitambara, because of separation from You (Krsna) all the residents of Goloka Vrndavana are perspiring. They are lamenting with different words, and their eyes have become moistened with tears. Actually, all of them are in great confusion
- Nanda Maharaja and Yasoda are accepted as the father & mother of Krsna, yet mother Yasoda was more fortunate than Nanda, Krsna's father, because Nanda Maharaja was sometimes separated from Krsna whereas Yasoda, was not separated from Krsna at any moment
- No one can separate the sunshine energy from the energetic sun. Therefore material energy may appear separate from the Lord, but transcendentally it is nondifferent from the Lord
- O Emperor, now I (Arjuna) am separated from my friend and dearmost well-wisher, the Supreme Personality of Godhead (Krsna), and therefore my heart appears to be void of everything
- Of the four kinds of separation, three (purva-raga, pravasa and mana) are celebrated in Srimati Radharani and the gopis. In Dvaraka, among the queens, feelings of prema-vaicittya are very prominent
- Once Krsna was told: "My dear enemy of Kamsa, because of their separation from You, the cowherd boys are suffering too much, and they are now lying down in the valleys, breathing only slightly
- One devotee told Daruka, the servant of Krsna, "My dear Daruka, when you become like wood because of your separation from Krsna, it is not so wonderful"
- One devotee told Daruka, the servant of Krsna, "My dear Daruka, when you become like wood because of your separation from Krsna, it is not so wonderful. Whenever any devotee sees Krsna, his eyes become filled with water"
- One must be so eager that without Krsna consciousness, one should become mad. One should become mad. That is Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's teaching, separation, not direct contact
- One of his (Jayadeva's) famous books is Gita-govinda, which is full of transcendental mellow feelings of separation from Krsna
- One old devotee said, "My dear Lord, when we are away from You we become so anxious to see You again, and there is great misery in our lives. But then, when we do see You, there immediately comes the fear of separation"
- One who is deeply in love with Krsna cannot tolerate separation from the Lord. Therefore such a devotee always desires his own death
- One who is on the path of liberation by KC is very dear to every living being, and every living being is dear to him. This is due to his Krsna consciousness. Such a person cannot think of any living being as separate from Krsna. BG 1972 purports
- Others (Gopis) immediately fainted due to separation from Krsna. Remembering His attractive smile and His talks with them, the gopis became overwhelmed with grief
- Out of jubilation, anger, or separation there may be the pouring down of tears from the eyes. When such tears are very cold they are due to jubilation, and when they are due to anger the tears become hot
- Patri said to Krsna: "I am suffering from Your separation, which is more severe than the hunger of Aghasura, the poison of Lake Kaliya and the burning of the forest fire. So why should You not protect me from the pangs of separation?"
- People in the material world are very fond of the goddess of fortune, and they want her favor in the form of riches. They should know, however, that the goddess of fortune is inseparable from Lord Visnu
- Perfect knowledge is that the Supreme Soul, Krsna, is the supreme shelter for all living entities, and giving up such shelter, the living entities are deluded by the material energy, imagining themselves to have a separate identity. BG 1972 purports
- Pradyumna felt great separation from Krsna when He was absent from Dvaraka at the battlefield of Kuruksetra
- Prahlada Maharaja, being always absorbed in thoughts of Krsna, sometimes felt separation, thinking, "Where is Krsna
- Previously, when Lord Krsna was personally present, Subala, one of His cowherd boyfriends, gave Him happiness when He felt separation from Radharani. Similarly, Ramananda Raya helped give happiness to Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- Sankaracarya says, narayanah paro 'vyaktat. "Narayana is transcendental, beyond this cosmic creation." In this way, nothing within this cosmic manifestation is separate from Krsna, although Krsna's original form is not visible in everything
- Separation from Krsna has made these servants very unhappy. Having lost consciousness, how can they answer us
- She (Rukmini) could only conclude that although she was proud of her position, Krsna could be separated from her at any moment
- She (Rukmini) was therefore pacified by hearing the words of Krsna. Gradually she was freed from all fear of separation from Him, and she began to look at His face very cheerfully with her naturally smiling face
- She exclaimed, "My dear Akrura, you are simply throwing thunderbolts on my head!" These are the signs of lamentation on the part of Mother Yasoda in separation from Krsna
- Simple as she (Rukmini) was, her anxiety was increasing more and more at the thought of separation from Krsna
- So their breast milk, mixed with the water of tears, became the first offering to Krsna. This is one of the examples of being satisfied after a great separation
- Sometimes there were also signs of death caused by separation from Krsna
- Sometimes they felt diseased from their separation from Krsna, and being so greatly disappointed, they were aimlessly wandering on the banks of the Yamuna
- Sometimes Yasoda was raising her arms like the waves of the ocean & because of her intense feelings of separation, she was rolling on the ground and creating a tumultuous roaring sound. And sometimes she was remaining completely silent, like a calm sea
- Sri Krsna Caitanya Mahaprabhu enjoyed the position of the gopis in separation from Krsna
- Subhadra, Draupadi, Kunti, Uttara, Gandhari, Dhrtarastra, Yuyutsu, Krpacarya, Nakula, Sahadeva, Bhimasena, Dhaumya and Satyavati all nearly fainted because it was impossible for them to bear separation from Lord Krsna
- Such a person (one who is on the path of liberation by Krsna consciousness) cannot think of any living being as separate from Krsna, just as the leaves and branches of a tree are not separate from the tree. BG 1972 purports
- Suddenly, due to their feelings of separation, Lord Krsna appeared among the gopis dressed in yellow garments and wearing a flower garland. His lotus face was smiling, and He was directly attracting the mind of Cupid
- Tanava, thinness, is described as follows: Consider the condition of the gopis! Srimati Radharani especially is in a very painful condition because of separation from You (Krsna). She has grown skinny, and Her bodily luster is almost gone
- That is another bliss, to feel separation from Krsna. Everything, either you meet or you separate, the bliss is there. Crying for Krsna is better bliss
- That is Radha-Krsna. That is real love. There is no separation. There is no cheating. There is no divorce. There is no sex attraction. Simply for love's sake, loving, that is real love
- That stick is now lying idle in the house of Mother Yasoda, and whenever she sees it she becomes motionless just like the stick." This is the sign of becoming stunned in separation from Krsna
- That will enrich the devotees to the highest devotional perfection. Feeling constant separation while engaged in the service of the Lord is the perfection of Krsna consciousness
- The acts of yogamaya make it possible for the Lord and the gopis, in loving ecstasy, to sometimes meet and sometimes separate
- The beloved Lord was away from His own prosperous metropolis of Dvaraka for a considerably long period because of the Battle of Kuruksetra, and thus all the inhabitants were overcome with melancholia due to the separation
- The brahmajyoti is not separate from the Lord, as the glowing sun ray is not independent of the sun disc. Therefore one who desires to merge into the supreme impersonal brahmajyoti must also worship the Lord by bhakti-yoga
- The conversation between Lord Sri Krsna and the brahmana is proof that the Lord in His arca-murti, or form made of material elements, is not material, for those elements, although separated from the Lord, are also a part of the Lord’s energy
- The cosmic manifestation is nothing but a display of Krsna's energy, and because the energy is not different from the energetic, nothing is different from Krsna. When this absolute consciousness, KC, is absent, we are separated from Krsna
- The devotees and the Lord are interlinked, and they cannot be separated. Therefore talks about them are all krsna-katha, or topics of the Lord
- The Earth personified continued, "Everything animate and inanimate in this phenomenal world - rests upon You (Krsna). Since everything is produced of You, nothing can be separate from You"
- The Earth personified continued, "Everything is therefore simultaneously one with You (Krsna) and different from You, and the philosophers who try to separate everything from You are certainly mistaken in their viewpoint"
- The example of the damsels of Vrajabhumi Vrndavana (the gopis) is given because these eternal consorts of God terribly suffered the separation of Lord Krsna when God was absent from their presence for His engagement in tending the cows in the forest
- The feeling of such separation (living beings and Krsna) cannot be described, but it can simply be imagined by devotees only
- The gopis became completely relieved of the great suffering of separation, not only by hearing the words of the Supreme Personality of Godhead but also by touching His hands and legs. After this, the Supreme Personality of Godhead began His rasa dance
- The gopis felt separation from Krsna before the rasa dance, as mentioned in Srimad-Bhagavatam, and the Gita-govinda expresses such feelings. There are many commentaries on the Gita-govinda by many Vaisnavas
- The gopis have fallen into the great ocean of separation and are being devoured by the timingila fish of their ambition to serve You. The gopis are to be delivered from the mouths of these timingila fish, for they are pure devotees
- The gopis lamented that Providence had made it possible for them to meet Krsna and Balarama in affection and love and had then separated them
- The gopis said, "Krsna who is always smiling to minimize all grief in this material world, and then arrange to separate Him from us. O Providence, you are so cruel! But most astonishingly you appear now as Akrura, which means ‘not cruel"
- The gopis saw their beloved Krsna at Kuruksetra after a long separation. They secured and embraced Him in their hearts through their eyes, and they attained a joy so intense that not even perfect yogis can attain it
- The Gosvamis never said, "We have seen Krsna." This is the recommended process - worship in separation
- The heralding sound of the auspicious conchshell was very encouraging, and apparently the sound pacified their dejection (the inhabitants of the city of Dvaraka were in a mood of dejection, because they could not bear the separation of the Lord)
- The King of Bahula, although very comfortably situated in his palace, began to think the nights very long and distressing because of his separation from Krsna
- The lessons of the Bhagavad-gita and all the Puranas, specifically the Bhagavata Purana, are therefore inevitably connected with the history of the Pandava mahatmas. For them, separation from the Lord was just like the separation of a fish from water
- The living entity, separated from the association of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, tries to enjoy this material world. He is given a chance to enjoy it in a particular type of body, beginning with the body of a Brahma down to that of the microbe
- The material energy is Krsna's energy, but it is separated from Him. The spiritual energy is also His energy, but it is not separated from Him
- The material manifestation cannot exist separate from the Supreme Lord, yet Lord Visnu, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, in spite of His connection with the material nature, cannot be subordinate to nature's influence
- The mild wind reminded the gopis of the association of the Lord, and they felt separation from Him acutely
- The more you feel separation from Krsna, you should understand that you are advancing. Don't try to see Krsna artificially. Be advanced in separation feeling, and then it will be perfect. That is the teachings of Lord Caitanya
- The other gopi continued, "We (gopis) exchanged pleasing conversation then. Does He (Krsna) remember that particular night? We remember that night, and we feel separation. Separation from Krsna makes us agitated, as if there were fire in our bodies"
- The Pandavas could not even think of separation from Sri Krsna, since the attraction was more intense for them because of continuous personal contact
- The purport is that when Krsna was engaged with Radharani, the cowherd boys headed by Subala were feeling great separation, and that was unbearable for them
- The residents of Vrndavana, headed by Nanda Maharaja, had been living in great anxiety because of separation from Krsna and Balarama
- The same queen said, "But don’t bring with Him (Krsna) His most beloved goddess of fortune. Do you think that He cannot be separated from the goddess of fortune even for a moment? Could He not come here alone, without Laksmi?"
- The sense of a separated existence from Krsna is called maya (ma-not, ya-this). Some think that we have nothing to do with Krsna, that Krsna is only a great historical personality and that the Absolute is the impersonal Brahman. BG 1972 purports
- The significance of this separation (from Krsna) and meeting is very specific. If someone tries to understand the exalted position of Lord Caitanya without knowing this, he is sure to misunderstand it
- The six Gosvamis also taught worship of Krsna in the feeling of the gopis in separation. The prayers composed by Srinivasacarya about the Gosvamis explain these matters very clearly
- The ten bodily transformations resulting from separation from Krsna are anxiety, wakefulness, mental agitation, thinness, uncleanliness, talking like a madman, disease, madness, illusion and death
- The whole teaching of the Gita is targeted toward this end: that a living being, as Krsna's eternal servitor, cannot be separated from Krsna, and his sense of being an identity apart from Krsna is called maya
- There are two divisions of each of the five mellows - yoga (connection) and viyoga (separation). Among the mellows of friendship and parental affection, there are many divisions of connection and separation
- There is another way to be with Krsna - in separation from Him - and this is called vipralambha. A devotee can benefit from Krsna's association in both ways
- There were chances of separation between the Lord and His thousands of queens because of the Lord's being absent from home
- These modern philosophers or scientists may go on thinking that they can improve the world situation in their own way, but that is not possible. We are unhappy on account of being separated from Krsna
- These symptoms of separation from Krsna are called apasmara, or forgetfulness. One completely forgets his position when he manifests these symptoms in ecstatic love
- They (Krsna's queens) can never be separated from the Lord, either by presence or by trance
- They (Pandavas) were overwhelmed with the thought of future separation. The Lord (Krsna), however, persuaded them to return home, and He proceeded towards Dvaraka with His dear companions
- They (the princesses who kept awake nights and watched Krsna sleep) were afraid of being separated from Krsna, and they always talked amongst themselves about how they had been affected by Krsna's beautiful eyes and His smile
- Thinking of Krsna and of their imminent separation from Him, the gopis assembled together with heavily beating hearts
- This activity of Mother Yasoda is explained by expert devotees as ecstatic love in separation
- This feeling of separation will make you enriched in Krsna consciousness. Feeling of separation. Not that "Krsna, I have seen you. Finished. All right. I have understood You."
- This song refers to Srimati Radharani’s meeting with Krsna at the holy place of Kuruksetra, where Lord Sri Krsna and His brother and sister came to visit when there was a solar eclipse. It is a song of separation from Krsna
- This statement (Your (Krsna's) separation is completely unbearable to us) shows how popular Krsna was all over the country
- This verse (CC Madhya 8.81) is from SB 10.32.2. When the rasa dance was going on, Krsna suddenly disappeared, and the gopis became so overwhelmed, due to His separation and their intense love for Him, that Krsna was obliged to appear again
- This verse (of CC Adi-lila 4.180) from Srimad-Bhagavatam (SB 10.32.22) was spoken by Sri Krsna Himself when He returned to the gopis upon hearing their songs of separation
- This verse (of CC Adi-lila 6.67) in connection with the rasa dance of Krsna with the gopis is quoted from Srimad-Bhagavatam - 10.31.6. When Krsna disappeared from His companions in the course of dancing, the gopis sang like this in separation from Krsna
- This verse (of CC Adi-lila 6.68) appears in Srimad-Bhagavatam (SB 10.47.21), in the section known as the Bhramara-gita. When Uddhava came to Vrndavana, Srimati Radharani, in complete separation from Krsna, sang like this
- Those under the shelter of the lotus feet of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu can understand that His mode of worship of the Supreme Lord Krsna in separation is the real worship of the Lord
- Those who are born into this family of Yadu are all My eternal associates. Dear wife, you should not consider that My associates are ever separated from Me; they are My personal expansions, as such, you must know that they are almost as powerful as I am
- Those who are in the disciplic succession of the Madhva-Gaudiya-sampradaya should always feel separation from Krsna, worship His transcendental form and discuss His transcendental teachings, His pastimes, His qualities and His entourage
- To acquire this strong feeling of separation is the teaching of Lord Caitanya and His direct disciplic succession of Gosvamis. When we are not in physical contact with Krsna, we can associate with Him like the gopis, through feelings of separation
- To celebrate this transcendental enthusiasm (between Krsna and the gopis), there is need of a sentiment of separation between the lover and beloved
- To feel separation from the Spiritual Master or Krishna is very good position. That means one who is in pure love with Krishna and His Representative, Spiritual Master, he thinks always of Them
- Uddhava advised the gopis that they could be saved from the fire of separation by closing their eyes and meditating on the activities of Krsna from the very beginning of their association with Him
- Uddhava continued reading Krsna's message, "'Nothing is separate from Me; the whole cosmic manifestation is resting on Me & is not separate from Me. Before the creation, I was existing'"
- Uddhava continued reading Krsna's message, "Krsna said, My dear gopis, to increase your superexcellent love for Me, I have purposely separated Myself from you so that you may be in constant meditation on Me"
- Uddhava continued reading Krsna's message, "The gopis did not actually feel any pangs of material existence, but they felt the separation of Krsna"
- Uddhava continued, "These are the words of the Personality of Godhead, 'My dear gopis, My dear friends, please know that separation between ourselves is impossible at any time, at any place or under any circumstances, because I am all-pervading'"
- Uddhava informed Krsna, "It appears that they are almost dead because their breathing is very slow." This is an instance of becoming unconscious due to separation from Krsna"
- Uddhava minutely studied the transcendental abnormal condition of the gopis in their separation from Krsna, and he thought it wise to repeat again and again all the pastimes they had enjoyed with Him
- Uddhava remained in Vrndavana to observe the activities of the gopis there. When he saw the ecstatic love for Krsna in separation manifested by the gopis, he appreciated their supreme love and therefore expressed his feelings in this verse - SB 10.47.60
- Uddhava saw that the gopis were severely afflicted by their separation from Krsna. Their hearts were so disturbed that their minds were sometimes deranged
- Uddhava wrote, "I cannot perceive any peace under any circumstance. Besides that, I am feeling every moment's separation to be like the duration of many, many long years"
- Uddhava's separation from the Lord was unbearable, and therefore he started to Badarikasrama in obedience to the Lord's order because the order of the Lord and the Lord Himself are identical
- Udghurna (unsteadiness) and vivasa-cesta (boastful activities) are aspects of transcendental madness. In separation from Krsna, one experiences the manifestation of Krsna, and one thinks oneself to be Krsna
- Viraha means separation. "On account of separation." So this should be the only cause, that you cannot tolerate the separation of Govinda. That is love
- Vrndavana is in our hearts, and we must search for Him (Krsna) there. This is the process recommended by Caitanya Mahaprabhu, the process of worship in separation
- We are part and parcel of Krsna or God sanatana, eternally, not that at the present moment I have become separated from the spirit soul, and when I shall be uncovered by this gross and subtle body, we shall become one
- We have got intimate relationship with Krsna as part and parcel. It cannot be separated. It cannot be separated. But any way, some way or other, we have lost or forgotten that intimate relationship with Krsna
- We see of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu and His immediate successors, Gosvamis, they are mad after Krsna. They never said that "We have seen Krsna." This is called bhajana by separation, vipralambha-seva
- We should awaken our lost Krsna consciousness in this way and become mad after Krsna in our separation from Him. This is called krsna-prema, and this love was distributed by Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- What we call stone, wood and metal are energies of the Supreme Lord, and energies are never separate from the energetic
- When a devotee is fully in love with the Supreme Personality of Godhead, there may be the following symptoms due to his feelings of separation from the Lord
- When a devotee meets Krsna after long separation, it is called satisfaction
- When a devotee meets Krsna, there are symptoms of jubilation, pride and perseverance, and when he is feeling great separation from Krsna, the symptoms of ghastliness, disease and signs of death become prominent
- When an exalted devotee feels that Krsna is invisible, he cries in separation, and sometimes, when he sees that Krsna has returned to care for him, he laughs, just as a child sometimes laughs upon understanding that his mother is taking care of him
- When He (Krsna) referred to the unbearable heaviness on the earth in connection with the Yadu dynasty, He was referring to the burden of their separation. Srila Jiva Gosvami confirms this inference.
- When Krsna and Rukmini were talking, Rukmini became frightened of separation from Krsna, and therefore she began scratching the earth with her red, lotus-like nails
- When Krsna left Vrndavana for Mathura, everyone in Vrndavana fell dead out of separation from Him
- When Krsna left Vrndavana for Mathura, the gopis became most dejected and spent the rest of their lives simply crying in separation from Krsna. This means that in one sense they were never actually separated from Krsna
- When Krsna was absent from Vrndavana & was staying in Mathura, Srimati Radharani sent news to Him that His mother, the Queen of Braja, was feeling such separation from Him that there was foam coming from her mouth, like the foam on the shore of the ocean
- When Krsna went to the forest with His cowherd boyfriends and cows, the gopis did not physically take part, but their hearts went with Him. And because their hearts went, they were able to enjoy His company through strong feelings of separation
- When Lord Krsna went to the capital of King Yudhisthira, Uddhava was so afflicted by the fire of separation from Sri Krsna that the perspiring water from his enflamed body and the tears from his eyes poured from him
- When Lord Krsna went to the city of Sonitapura to fight with Bali's son Bana and to cut off all his hands, Uddhava, being separated from Krsna and thinking of His fight, was almost completely stunned into unconsciousness
- When such a feeling of love becomes intensified, it is called affection. In that affectional stage, one cannot bear separation from Krsna even for a moment
- When the gopis felt separation from Krsna, they experienced ten kinds of bodily transformations. These same symptoms appeared in the body of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- When the living entity is attracted by the material energy, which is separate from Krsna, he is overpowered by fear. Because he is separated from the Supreme Personality of Godhead by the material energy, his conception of life is reversed
- When the Lord (Krsna) was about to leave His palaces, all the queens would look at Him with feminine gestures. The Lord would respond to their greetings with smiles, attracting their hearts so much that they would feel intense separation from Him
- When we feel separation from Krsna or the spiritual master, we should just try to remember their words of instructions, and we will no longer feel that separation
- Where is He who is the real medicine to save Me from dying of heart disease? I must condemn Providence, for he has caused Me so many tribulations by separating Me from Krsna
- Within themselves they (the wives of the brahmanas) began to embrace Krsna to their hearts' content, and the distress of separation was mitigated immediately