Excluding "sattva-guna" and "suddha-sattva"
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Pages in category "Sattva"
The following 41 pages are in this category, out of 41 total.
- Above gross experience and dreams is susupti, deep sleep, and when one comes to the completely spiritual platform, transcending deep sleep, he attains trance, visuddha-sattva, or vasudeva-sattva, in which the Personality of Godhead is revealed
- According to the Bhagavad-gita any controller who has some specific extraordinary power is called a vibhutimat sattva, or controller empowered by the Lord
- I don't go (to the movies or restaurant). We do not go to the movies or to the restaurant. It is different taste. Therefore it is calculated three kinds of men - sattvika, rajasika, tamasika - their tendencies are different
- If there are impediments on the progressive path, anyone, even from the platform of tamas, can gradually rise to the sattva platform by the expert direction of the spiritual master
- In the human form, the living being must engage himself in Krsna consciousness to purify his existence: tapo divyam putraka yena sattvam suddhyet. This is the instruction of King Rsabhadeva to His sons
- In the mundane mode of goodness there are tinges of passion and ignorance. Therefore mundane goodness, being mixed, is called misra-sattva
- It is further comprehended herein that one has to rise to the platform of the mode of goodness (sattva) so that one can be eligible for the devotional service of the Lord
- One has to transcend goodness and raise himself to the pure goodness called vivrddha-sattva, or the advanced stage of goodness. In the advanced stage of goodness one can become Krsna conscious
- One seriously eager to achieve transcendental perfection, Krsna consciousness, must eat krsna-prasadam. Such food is sattvika, or in the material quality of goodness, but when offered to Krsna it becomes transcendental
- Our business should be not to associate with the material qualities. Even up to goodness. Material quality, goodness means the brahminical quality. Sattva sama damas titiksa. So devotional service is transcendental
- Our situations are differently calculated. Not that every one of us is situated on the same platform. On the material platform, we are situated in three different positions: sattva-raja-tama
- Passion (rajas) is better than ignorance (tamas), but goodness (sattva) is best because by goodness one can come to realize the Absolute Truth
- People are becoming more and more in the modes of darkness, they are eating so many abominable things. And prakrti also, I mean to say, minimizing the supply of sattvika food
- Punya-sravana-kirtana refers to the process of devotional service. Even if one does not understand the meaning of the Lord's name, pastimes or attributes, one is purified simply by hearing or chanting of them. Such purification is called sattva-bhavana
- Sattva means my existence. At the present moment my existence is not suddha, purified. Just like if your health is contaminated, then you get some disease
- Sattvika-ahara, foodstuffs in the mode of goodness, are described in the sastras as wheat, rice, vegetables, fruits, milk, sugar, and milk products
- Sattvika-vikara is transformation of the mental condition in goodness or sometimes transcendental ecstasy
- Sincere candidates must, therefore, approach an expert spiritual master for such a progressive march, and the bona fide, expert spiritual master is competent to direct a disciple from any stage of life: tamas, rajas or sattva
- Spiritual platform is called goodness unaffected by other qualities. Sattvam visuddham. Visuddham means complete pure. No adulteration. So long we are in the material platform, the goodness is liable to be adulterated
- Srila Madhvacarya says that the living entity is sometimes described as sattva-buddhi when his intelligence acts directly to perceive pains and pleasures above activities
- The devotee is fixed at once in the mode of goodness, and he makes further progress to rise to the position of Vasudeva, or the state of unmixed sattva, or suddha-sattva
- The flash of lightning is the only beam of hope that can lead one to the path of knowledge, and therefore it is compared to the mode of sattva, or goodness
- The living entity is always being influenced by the three qualities-sattva (goodness), rajas (passion) and tamas (ignorance). This is also confirmed in BG 7.13. The living entity is bewildered by the three qualities of material nature
- The mind is actually the leader of the senses; therefore it is called sattva
- The transcendental ornaments of Radharani's body include the eight sattvikas, or transcendental symptoms, the thirty-three vyabhicari-bhavas, beginning with harsa, or jubilation in natural love, and the twenty bhavas, or ecstatic emotional ornaments
- The word sattvaya indicates that the form of the Lord is not material. It is sac-cid-ananda-vigrahah. Isvarah paramah krsnah sac-cid-ananda-vigrahah (BS 5.1). His body is different from our material bodies
- There is injunction in the Vedic literature: to live in the city is rajasika; to live in the forest is sattvika, goodness. Sattvika quality means to live in goodness is to live in a forest. Therefore formerly, all the sages, they used to live in a forest
- These rays of the personal body of Krsna are cast all over the creation of the Lord, and the portion of the effulgence which is covered by the material cloud is called the created cosmos of the three material qualities - sattva, rajas and tamas
- Thus charity given in the proper place is called sattvika. And above this charity in goodness is transcendental charity, in which everything is sacrificed for the sake of the Supreme Personality of Godhead