This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Caitanya and Prakasananda Sarasvati (6 P)
Pages in category "Prakasananda Sarasvati"
The following 36 pages are in this category, out of 36 total.
- After saying this, Prakasananda Sarasvati sat down with Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu and began to question the Lord as follows
- After saying this, the disciple of Prakasananda Sarasvati began to chant the holy name of Krsna. Hearing this, Prakasananda Sarasvati made the following statement
- After stopping the kirtana, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, who is a great example of humility, offered prayers unto the feet of Prakasananda Sarasvati. At this, Prakasananda Sarasvati immediately came forward and clasped the Lord's lotus feet
- Although he spoke Your name three times, he did not utter the name 'Krsna.' Because he uttered Your name in contempt, I was very much aggrieved
- At that time Varanasi was headed by a great sannyasi of the Mayavada school named Sripada Prakasananda Sarasvati
- In India there is always a kind of spiritual rivalry between the Mayavada and Bhagavata schools, and thus when the news of the Lord reached Prakasananda he knew that the Lord was a Vaisnava sannyasi, and therefore he minimized the value of the Lord
- In this meeting both the scholars (the Lord and Prakasananda) had a long discourse on the spiritual values of the sankirtana movement, and a summary is given below
- Prakasananda replied, "You are the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Krsna Himself. Nonetheless, You are considering Yourself His eternal servant"
- Prakasananda Sarasvati continued, "I know that His name is Caitanya and that He is accompanied by many sentimentalists. His followers dance with Him, and He tours from country to country and village to village"
- Prakasananda Sarasvati laughed very much to hear this description. Joking and laughing at the brahmana, he began to speak as follows
- Prakasananda Sarasvati replied, "Formerly I committed many offenses against You by blaspheming You, but now the effects of my offenses are counteracted by my touching Your lotus feet"
- Prakasananda Sarasvati said, "Sankaracarya was very eager to establish the philosophy of monism. Therefore he explained the Vedanta-sutra, or Vedanta philosophy, in a different way to support monistic philosophy"
- Prakasananda Sarasvati said, "Yes, I have heard about Him. He is a sannyasi from Bengal, and He is very sentimental. I have also heard that He belongs to the Bharati-sampradaya, for He is a disciple of Kesava Bharati. However, He is only a pretender"
- Prakasananda Sarasvati then said, "I understand that Your name is Sri Krsna Caitanya. You are a disciple of Sri Kesava Bharati, and therefore You are glorious"
- Prakasananda Sarasvati, however, caught Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu personally by the hand and seated Him with great respect in the midst of the assembly
- Some people who saw the Lord in His sankirtana party considered Him to be actually Narayana, and this report reached the camp of the great sannyasi Prakasananda
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu advised Prakasananda Sarasvati, "Study Srimad-Bhagavatam very scrutinizingly. Then you will understand the actual meaning of the Brahma-sutra"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu replied to Prakasananda Sarasvati, "My dear sir, kindly hear the reason. My spiritual master considered Me a fool, and therefore he chastised Me"
- The brahmana told Prakasananda Sarasvati, "There is a sannyasi who has come from Jagannatha Puri, and I cannot describe His wonderful influence and glories"
- The brahmana was astonished to see that the sannyasi Prakasananda could not vibrate the sound Krsna even once, although he uttered the name Caitanya several times
- The leader of all the Mayavadi sannyasis present was named Prakasananda Sarasvati, and after standing up he addressed Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu as follows with great respect
- The mind of the brahmana was already purified by his seeing the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu. He therefore went to Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu and described what had taken place before the Mayavadi sannyasi Prakasananda
- The respectful behavior of Prakasananda Sarasvati toward Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu is very much to be appreciated. Such behavior is calculated to be ajnata-sukrti, or pious activities that one executes unknowingly
- There was a great Mayavadi sannyasi named Prakasananda Sarasvati, who used to teach Vedanta philosophy to a great assembly of followers
- When Prakasananda Sarasvati saw the Lord, he and his disciples also joined the chanting with Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu. Prakasananda Sarasvati was charmed by the Lord's dancing and ecstatic love and by the transcendental beauty of His body
- When Prakasananda Sarasvati supported himself by quoting the verse from Srimad-Bhagavatam, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu immediately protested by uttering the holy name of Lord Visnu
- When Prakasananda Sarasvati, who was staying nearby, heard this tumultuous chanting of the Hare Krsna maha-mantra, he and his disciples immediately came to see the Lord
- When the brahmana heard Prakasananda Sarasvati speak like this about Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, he became very much grief-stricken. Chanting the holy name of Krsna, he immediately left
- While the Lord was on His way, the Maharashtriyan brahmana informed Him about the incident that took place in the camp of Prakasananda Sarasvati. Hearing this, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu smiled happily
- Why could Prakasananda not utter the names 'Krsna' and 'Hari'? He chanted the name 'Caitanya' thrice. As far as I am concerned, simply by seeing You I am moved to chant the holy names 'Krsna' and 'Hari'