Prabhupada Speaks - in USA, Seattle
- ♫ Click into a page that catches your attention and start hearing short audio clips of Srila Prabhupada's Vani. Each page has an audio clip of between 1 to 15 minutes.
Pages in category "Prabhupada Speaks - in USA, Seattle"
The following 117 pages are in this category, out of 117 total.
- A sannyasi cannot meet his wife. A sannyasi is forbidden to go home
- All these loving affairs are also temporary and they are not pure. They are simply a perverted reflection of the pure love that is existing between you and Krsna
- All these, my students, all of them are Americans, and they come from Christian or Jewish group. None of them came from Hindu or India. But what is the process I have given to them? The process is chant Hare Krsna. It is very simple method
- Anything, whatever you see or experience or try to understand, there must be some definition. So when you speak of God, do you know what is the definition of God?
- Anywhere in the material world, either in the higher planet or in the lower planet, this sense gratification is prominent. Only in the spiritual world there is no sense gratification. There is simply an endeavor to satisfy Krsna
- Arjuna is not understanding Krsna by his philosophical speculation. Directly Krsna revealing. This is the process of understanding God. You cannot create your imagination, imaginative God
- Aryans means those who are advanced
- As soon as our original consciousness becomes polluted with the consciousness of material enjoyment, that "I want to lord it over the resources of matter..." As soon as we turn our consciousness in this way, then our troubles begin
- As soon as you accept somebody as spiritual master, you cannot argue. You have to accept. You have to accept. Therefore the selection of spiritual master must be very scrutinizing
- Atmosphere of this country is so surcharged that you cannot receive the sunshine properly, but the sunshine distributes its shining everywhere the same. Similarly, according to the country, according to the circumstances God is manifested differently
- Caitanya Mahaprabhu, without discussing all the constitutional position, philosophy, knowledge, and so many other things, yoga system, He immediately begins that the constitutional position of the living entity is to serve the supreme whole
- Christ consciousness and Krsna consciousness, the words are so similar. Please combine the words, explain how the words came to us
- Darwin has taken the idea of evolution from this Padma Purana. You won't find any philosophy, any doctrine in the world which is not found in the Vedic literature
- Dependence is not bad if there is dependence on the proper place
- Did Lord Caitanya have women, householders traveling with Him when He went on sankirtana?
- Don't remain in this darkness. Just transfer yourself to the kingdom of light
- Eko bahunam vidadhati kaman. The meaning is that one living force is supplying all the demands of all other living entities
- Especially in this scientific age, when television, radio messages are broadcast thousands and thousands of miles away, and you can hear, now why can you...? Why Krsna cannot hear your prayer, sincere prayer? How can you say it? Nobody can deny it
- Even in his own apartment one can keep a picture of Krsna and offer a lamp, a candle, and one, I mean to say, incense. He will feel tremendously spiritually advanced
- How do we enter into the modes of goodness?
- How you can think of Krsna unless you develop love for Krsna?
- However perfect you may be in serving Krsna, you should always know that Krsna is unlimited. It will ever remain imperfect because we are limited. But Krsna is so kind. If you offer a little service sincerely, He accepts
- I am feeling now very much obliged to my, this Godbrother, that he carried out the wish of my spiritual master and enforced me to accept this sannyasa order
- I want to be subordinate because my nature is to be subordinate. But I do not know. I prefer, I reject this subordination; I accept another subordination. But subordination is there
- I was born in 1896, and I was my father's pet child, so my education began a little late, still, I was educated in higher secondary, high school for eight years. In primary school four years, higher secondary school, eight years, in college, four years
- I would like you to explain the origin and significance of what you, what they call the Jagannatha car festival
- If a person who is working in the factory, if you stop sex, he cannot work. And when he's unable to enjoy sex life, then he takes intoxication. This is material life. So energy must be there. Here in the material world the energy is sex
- If every one of us, we become reinstated in the transcendental platform of loving Krsna, then our aspiration of mastership will be fulfilled. That is not known at present, but if we agree to serve Krsna, then gradually we'll see that Krsna is serving you
- If Lord Jesus Christ says, "Through me," that means he's representative of God, and hari-nama is God. So either through the representative of God or God, the same thing
- If you always keep yourself in Krsna consciousness or God consciousness, then you are pure. Therefore we advise our students, "Chant Hare Krsna." As soon as you chant this sound, Krsna, immediately you are in touch with Krsna
- If you are anxious to serve Krsna, that is the real asset
- If you are serious to understand, we should submit our doubtful questions and then understand
- If you can keep yourself always, constantly in Krsna consciousness, always thinking of Krsna, then you are pure
- Initiation means beginning of the activities
- Is Krsna consciousness more easily accepted among Indians and among Far Eastern peoples than among the Western peoples?
- Is Rama synonymous with Jesus?
- Is there conflict with other Eastern religions, and if so, how far is this spread?
- It doesn't matter whether you develop love of Godhead from this scripture or that scripture. Your aim should be whether you are developing love of Godhead or developing love of non-God. That should be the test
- Krsna consciousness movement means that we have to train our senses to satisfy Krsna. That's all
- Krsna consciousness movement means to approach the original person. The original person is not dead
- Krsna consciousness movement means to approach the original Supreme Personality of Godhead, Krsna. This is Krsna consciousness. Directly
- Krsna is all-attractive. Krsna is beautiful. Krsna has so many activities. The whole Vedic literature is full of Krsna's activities
- Krsna is unlimited, so your service cannot reach Him perfectly. It will ever remain imperfect because we are limited. But Krsna is so kind. If you offer a little service sincerely, He accepts. That is the beauty of Krsna
- Krsna says to Arjuna "You are My very dear friend, you are My devotee. Therefore I'll reveal unto you. Not to others." This is the qualification of understanding God, to become devotee
- Let this life be dedicated for satisfying Krsna's senses. That is Krsna consciousness. One life. We have, several lives, we have tried to satisfy our personal senses. Let this life, at least one life, let me try, what happens
- Lord Buddha said, "Meditate," but the followers of the Lord Buddha could not. They failed. We are giving new light, that "Meditation will fail. You take this"
- Lord Caitanya's mission - that the only lovable object is Krsna and His land Vrndavana
- Lord Jesus Christ said that "The only way to God is through me; just believe in me or surrender to me," and Lord Caitanya taught that hari-nama is the only means of spiritual realization in this age. Is there any contradiction?
- Lord Jesus Christ, he gave information of God. Although he was crucified, he never changed his opinion
- Many persons. They do not believe in family life, they do not believe in so many things, but love is there. He is sleeping with a cat, with a dog. So in no circumstances you can avoid love, but they are suffering because the love is misplaced
- Maya can cover the minute particles of the spirit soul, but maya cannot cover the supreme whole
- Maya is also serving Krsna, but there is no thanks
- Mind is the vehicle for being attached
- Mr Chakravarti and the circus
- My Guru Maharaja pulled me out from this material life. I have not lost anything. He was so kind upon me. I have gained. I left three children, I have got now three hundred children. So I am not loser
- Of course, I am old man. I may die. If you have taken up this formula very nicely, then you will go on preaching, and it may be spread all over the world. Very simple thing
- One does not know that this consciousness, that "I shall become the master," is the cause of his suffering. This philosophy has to be understood. Because constitutionally we are all servants
- One of my friend, he dragged me forcibly to my spiritual master. And when I talked with my spiritual master, I was induced. And since then, the seedling began
- One who is inquisitive to understand the Absolute Truth, he requires a spiritual master
- Our awareness is there. You love somebody. But you are meant to love Krsna, that you have forgotten
- Our loving object is Krsna. Somehow or other, we have forgotten Him. We don't trace the history when we forgot. That is useless labor. But we have forgotten, that is a fact. Now revive it. Here is reminder. So take opportunity
- Our method is very simple. If one is fortunate enough to meet a bona fide spiritual master and if he acts strictly under his discipline, he also becomes within a very short time another spiritual master
- Our program is to love, to place your love in the proper place. That is our program. Everyone wants to love, but he is being frustrated on account of his love being misplaced
- Our program is to worship with love and devotion Govinda, the original person
- People are not inclined to surrender; therefore he has to learn so many things
- Prabhupada, after Lord Caitanya took sannyasa, in the Teachings of Lord Caitanya it says He met His mother. I always thought that a sannyasi could not do that
- Prabhupada, can you explain mahamaya and yogamaya? Was Arjuna under yogamaya or mahamaya?
- Prabhupada, sometimes there may be differences between what is love of Godhead between Christian and Moslem, Moslem and Buddhist, Buddhist, Hindu. They may quarrel at what is love of Godhead
- Prabhupada, what was exactly predicted by Lord Caitanya when He predicted the Golden Age of Kali, the age in the Age of Kali when people would be chanting the Hare Krsna mantra?
- Prabhupada? How do we explain to impersonalists inductively the existence of the Personality of Godhead?
- Practically my spiritual master insisted me through him, that "You accept." Because without accepting the renounced order of life, nobody can become a preacher
- Prema is mature condition of bhava
- Premanjana-cchurita-bhakti-vilocanena santah sadaiva hrdayesu vilokayanti. Just like thousands and thousands of miles away you can transfer the television picture or your radio sound, similarly, if you can prepare yourself, then you can see always Govinda
- Premanjana-cchurita-bhakti-vilocanena. Simply you have to prepare your eyes, your mind in that way. Here is a television box within your heart. This is the perfection of yoga. It is not you have to purchase one machine, or television set. It is there
- Serving means developing love. So unless you develop your love for God you cannot serve Him. Anywhere. Whenever you give some service, it is based on love. Just like mother giving service to the helpless child. Why? Love
- Simply chanting, dancing, and eating nice sweetballs, kachori. So su-sukham and kartum avyayam. While performing, while practicing this process, it is very pleasurable, and avyayam
- So far I am concerned, I belong to Lord Caitanya's disciplic succession, and my spiritual master, who was just ninth generation from Lord Caitanya, ordered me that "You try to spread this Krsna consciousness in the Western world"
- Spiritual master is eternal
- Swamiji, someone approached me and we were discussing about Krsna consciousness. And I said to approach Krsna one must be pure, but he said, "What is purity?" Could you explain that technically? What is purity?
- Take to this Krsna consciousness movement and be happy in this life and next life. If you can finish your loving affairs to Krsna in this life, then you have done cent percent
- Ten offenses to avoid while chanting the maha-mantra
- Ten offenses to avoid while chanting the maha-mantra - 1 to 5
- Ten offenses to avoid while chanting the maha-mantra - 6 to 10
- The bhakti-yoga means acting by pleasing the Lord. That's all. That is the verdict of Srimad-Bhagavatam
- The child is afraid of taking medicine. That also I have experienced. In my childhood, when I became ill, I was very stubborn. I won't accept any medicine. So my mother used to force medicine within my mouth with a spoon. I was so obstinate
- The dancing has got great value; that, if you dance with us, you'll feel. It is not that some crazy fellows are dancing. No. The most intelligent persons, they are dancing
- The first stage is sraddha, a little faith
- The logic of the frog in the well
- The Lord and the devotee, they are on the same status. Every one of them. Lord, His name, His form, His quality, His associates, His paraphernalia. Everything, they are absolute
- The selection of spiritual (master) must be very scrutinizing. You cannot accept anyone as spiritual master. You must be very much satisfied that here is a person who can solve the problems of my life
- The sun is your witness, the moon is your witness, the day is your witness, the night is your witness, the sky is your witness. So how you can supersede the laws of the Lord?
- There are six points of surrender unto Krsna. One point of surrender is to believe that "Krsna will protect me." Just like a small child has got full faith in his mother: "My mother is there. There is no danger." Confident. I have seen it
- There are so many ducks. As soon as somebody goes there with some little food, oh, they go gather: quack quack quack quack
- There was no force. Only proposal. That's all. When it was proposed before me, I also said, "It depends on the choice." So anyway, go on with your work, sankirtana movement you have started
- This encagement of body will continue if you work on your own responsibility and not for the supreme purpose or the Supreme Lord Yajna, or Visnu. That is the secret
- This initiation means the third stage of Krsna consciousness. Those who are being initiated, they should remember that they have to follow the rules and regulations
- Transcendental. "You are beyond"
- We are worshiping Govindam, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, the original person. So this sound, govindam adi-purusam tam aham bhajami, is reaching Him. He is hearing. You cannot say that He is not hearing. Can you say? No
- We have not manufactured a new type of religious sect or method of philosophy
- We shudder as soon as we hear that we have to become servant of God
- What is the difference between bhava and prema?
- Whatever department of knowledge or whatever department of activities you are engaged in, it doesn't matter. But if you can find out the Supreme by your pursuit of knowledge, that is your perfection
- Whatever you see in yourself, that is there in God. So God cannot be impersonal, because we are all persons
- When the material concept of life covers me, we cannot understand what is God. We say God is dead. So we have to uncover our eyes from this illusion. Then you'll see directly God
- When you are too much influenced with the modes of passion, you become lusty. And when your lust is not fulfilled, then you are angry
- When you understand your actual position, then your activities actually begin
- Whenever there is deterioration of the real truth, there is necessity of movement. But the same movement, not a new movement. The movement means God is there, He is great, we are all subordinate; therefore our duty is to abide by the order of God
- While we are chanting our rounds, or while we are chanting out loud in kirtana, is it all right to be engaging our mind in thinking?
- Within six months you'll become God - very foolish conclusion
- You can establish relationship with Krsna any way. There are twelve kinds of rasas, humor
- You cannot declare that "I am free. I am not subordinate." If you are wishing that "I don't wish to be subordinate, don't wish to bow down," that is your disease
- You have to fix up your mind not only thinking of Krsna, but also working for Krsna, feeling for Krsna. That is complete meditation. That is called samadhi. Your mind cannot go out