Category:Prabhupada Speaks - in Asia, Hong Kong
- ♫ Click into a page that catches your attention and start hearing short audio clips of Srila Prabhupada's Vani. Each page has an audio clip of between 1 to 15 minutes.
Pages in category "Prabhupada Speaks - in Asia, Hong Kong"
The following 61 pages are in this category, out of 61 total.
- Bhagavan creates this whole universe, He does not require anyone's help. He creates the sky. From the sky there is sound; from the sound there is air; from the air there is fire; from fire there is water; and from water the earth is there
- Bhagavan means He is also a living being. He is not nirakara. When we say bhagavan nirakara, that means either we have no knowledge of Bhagavan or nirakara means He is not a form like us. Our form and Krsna's form - different
- Bhagavan says, mayy asakta, mayi asakta. Therefore if you become attached... We have got attachment for so many things. But if we transfer that attachment to Krsna, then, Krsna says, mayy asakta-manah partha yogam yunjan mad-asrayah
- By force I cannot say that "You think of this thing or this man." That is not possible. If I have got attachment for a certain thing or a certain person, then we can think of that person or that thing. That is called yoga, connecting always
- Deha means this body, and dehi means who lives within the body. That is first of all explained. Dehinah asmin dehe: "In this body there is the resident of the body." That is soul. That is the beginning of spiritual knowledge
- Do not misunderstand that by accepting Krsna consciousness everything will be stopped. No. Nothing will be stopped. Simply one has to change the consciousness
- Familiarity breeds contempt. But in the Western countries when we speak of Krsna, they see the philosophy. They see the science and become attracted
- For every action of Krsna consciousness movement there is support from Vedas, Vedic literature. Just like whenever we speak something we immediately give evidence from the Bhagavad-gita
- Fortunately, we had the good opportunity of learning bhagavata-dharma from our very childhood. My father was a devotee, and he trained us
- God cannot be imagined. That is another foolishness. How you can imagine God? Then God become subject matter of your imagination. He is no substance. That is not God. What is imagined, that is not God
- God is present before you, Krsna. He comes here on this planet. Tadatmanam srjamy aham, sambhavami yuge yuge. So those who have seen God, you take information from them
- Hare Krsna is neither Western or Eastern. It is meant for human being. You see? This "Western," "Eastern," they are our own creation. God is neither Western or Eastern. God is God. So anyone who will chant God's name will benefit. That's all
- How we can understand Bhagavan's energy, how we can understand His creative energy, and what is the potency of Bhagavan, how He is doing that, everything - that is also a great science. That is called Krsna science
- I am put into this body under certain circumstances. Otherwise I am not this body
- I have to shed my blood three tons before I make one convinced in Krsna consciousness
- If one thing is understood by the evidence of the Vedas, that is fact. So Krsna is understood through the Vedas
- If we want to know Krsna, then we have to transfer our attachment to Krsna. Mayy asakta-manah. The mind should be attached to Krsna
- If you want to get out of the maya's activities, prakrteh kriyamanani gunaih karmani, then you have to take to Krsna consciousness. There is no way out
- Impure means we are thinking in bodily concept of life. "I am Indian," "I am American," "I am Hindu," "I am Muslim," "I am Christian," "I am white," "I am black," these are all designations of the body. We have to transcend the position of the body
- In the material condition of life we, the proprietor of the body, we are changing, tatha dehantara-praptih, from one body to another. This is the first knowledge, preliminary knowledge
- In the Second Chapter of the Bhagavad-gita Krsna has begun the philosophy of Bhagavad-gita from this point, that "I am not this body." This is the beginning of spiritual knowledge
- In the sun planet we receive this knowledge from Bhagavad-gita. Krsna says, imam vivasvate yogam proktavan aham avyayam: "I first of all spoke this science of Bhagavad-gita to Vivasvan"
- Keeping linked always. That is called yoga. So if you want to know perfectly or as far as you can understand through your senses, mayy asakta-manah, then you transfer your attachment to Krsna. This is the advice
- Krsna is complete spiritual, divine, and we are, at the present moment, although we have got our spiritual form within this body, but because we have no vision of the spiritual form, we are taking this body as our form. This is called illusion
- Krsna says, aham sarvasya prabhavah (BG 10.8). Sarvasya, or Brahman, Paramatma, and Bhagavan. The Bhagavan is the origin of Paramatma and Brahman. Brahmanah aham pratistha. So in this way we have to understand what is Krsna, not superficially
- Matter cannot combine together automatically. These skyscraper buildings, they are created with matter, but the matter has not come to become skyscraper building automatically. That is not possible
- Matter does not work automatically. It requires higher brain, higher manipulation, therefore higher order. Just like in this material world we have got the highest order, the sun, movement of the sun, the heat energy, light energy of the sun
- One energy is working in one way, another energy is working another way. But they are all Krsna's energy. Parasya saktir vividhaiva sruyate. Mayadhyaksena prakrtih suyate sa-caracaram
- Our relationship with God or Krsna is always existing, but when there is some intervention, maya, then we think, "There is no God" or "I am God," like that
- Sastra-caksusa. Sastra... Either you take direct perception or through the sastra... Through the sastra the perception is better than direct perception
- So long we are entrapped with the bodily concept of life, there is no question of spiritual life. That is the beginning. What is that? Dehino 'smin yatha dehe kaumaram yauvanam jara, tatha dehantara-praptih
- Somehow or other, we are thinking separate from God. But actually that is not the fact. We are interlinked always with God, with Krsna. But some way or other, there is some difficulty. That is called maya
- Tad-vijnanartham sa gurum evabhigacchet: "In order to understand that Vedic knowledge, one has to go to the proper master, teacher." Tad viddhi pranipatena pariprasnena sevaya. These are the things
- Tattva-darsinah. Unless you have seen, how you can give information of the truth to others? So God is seen, not only seen in the history
- The history of Battle of Kuruksetra where this Bhagavad-gita was spoken, that is a historical fact
- The ordinary man or the so-called scientist, they say, "It is nature producing." But they do not know what is nature, who is supervising the natural activities, the material nature, how it is working
- The rose seed, there will be rose tree. Bela seed, there will be bela tree. So how it is happening? The same ground, the same water, and seed also looks like the same, but it is coming out differently. How it is possible?
- The voidists, they say sunyavadi. They say, "There is no God." And the impersonalists, they say that there is God, but there is no head, there is no leg, there is no hand, there is no mouth, there is no, no, no... Ultimately, what is their God?
- There are so many interpretations by so many unscrupulous persons, so-called scholars and philosophers, that they have spoiled the precept of Bhagavad-gita
- There is a small, tiny spirit soul, the engineer or the architect, who takes the matter and decorate it and creates a skyscraper building. That is our experience. So how we can say that the matter is working automatically?
- There is tendency for dancing, for chanting, for singing. They are holding ball dances, and musical instrument. The same thing we are propagating: chant and dance Hare Krsna mantra. This is satisfaction
- This is a scientific movement. Anyone, intelligent person, any thoughtful person, he must take to Krsna consciousness. Otherwise he is doomed
- This kapha, pitta, vayu, this body, I am not this body. This is self-realization. "I am different from this bag of flesh and bone." When we realize completely, that is the first point of self-realization
- This Krsna consciousness movement is a movement to educate people how to go back to Godhead, Krsna. So our request is that you take advantage of this movement. Don't be fully simply absorbed in the activities of animal life
- This sun planet is also a planet like this planet. As in this planet there may be many presidents, but formerly there was one president only, so similarly, in each planet there is a president
- Through the sastra the perception is better than direct perception. Therefore our knowledge, those who are following the Vedic principles, their knowledge is derived from the Vedas. They do not manufacture any knowledge
- We can create a small airplane, airship, and flying in the sky, and Bhagavan has created innumerable universes flying in the sky, and He has created the sky also. The creative energy is there
- We can see through history also Bhagavan Sri Krsna and through sastra also. Sastra-caksusa. Just like at the present moment, Krsna is not physically present, but we understand through sastra what is Krsna
- We cannot know Krsna cent percent. That is not possible. Krsna's energies are so multi
- Wherever we are opening our branches, it is our only business that we are requesting people to chant Hare Krsna or Radha-Krsna. We don't want anything
- Yoga means connecting link. Our link is now separated
- You cannot imagine of Krsna. If some rascal says that "I am imagining," that is rascaldom. You have to see Krsna through the Vedas. Vedais ca sarvair aham eva vedyah. That is the purpose of studying Vedas. Therefore it is called Vedanta
- You have got the creative energy, but you cannot create another planet which is floating in the sky. That is not possible. That is the difference between living entity and Bhagavan. The similarity is there
- You have to adopt this yogic process (transfer that attachment to Krsna), meditation. Unless you have got love for somebody, attachment for somebody, how you can think of him always? That is not possible