Prabhupada Speaks - Lectures, Brahma-samhita
- ♫ Click into a page that catches your attention and start hearing short audio clips of Srila Prabhupada's Vani. Each page has an audio clip of between 1 to 15 minutes.
Pages in category "Prabhupada Speaks - Lectures, Brahma-samhita"
The following 65 pages are in this category, out of 65 total.
- Adi-kavi means Brahma. Brahma, Adi-kavi. So tene brahma. Brahma means sabda-brahman, Vedic literature. So Krsna instructed or imparted in the heart of Brahma
- Any literature you take in the history of the world, no literature can exist for five thousand years, repeatedly being read by many, many scholars, religionists and philosophers, all. Why? Because it is Krsna
- Arjuna has given reference that all the great sages... At that time, Vyasadeva... Vyasadeva is still present. So "Vyasadeva accepts You (Krsna), Narada accepts You, and Asita, Devala, big, big, great sages accepts You"
- Arjuna said: "You are personally speaking, and I have realized that You are the Supreme Personality of Godhead." This is Krsna. Krsna is not manufactured, as nowadays it has become a fashion to manufacture God by votes. No
- As we have got our experience here in this world that houses are made of bricks, there, in the transcendental world, the houses are made of this cintamani stone, touchstone. There are also trees, but those trees are not like this tree
- Bhagavad-gita and Krsna, there is no difference. Bhagavad-gita is also Krsna. Otherwise why this book is worshiped since so, for so long time, since five thousand years, unless the Bhagavad-gita is Krsna?
- Brahma means Vedic literature. Sabda-brahman. The information, the description of God is also Brahman. Brahman is absolute. There is no difference between Brahman and the literature which is describing Brahman
- Even if we find some discrepancies in the life of a devotee... Just like these European, Americans. They're devotees. They are pure devotee of Krsna. How? They have no other desire. They simply want to satisfy their spiritual master and Krsna
- Even Sankaracarya, who is impersonalist, he also says, narayanah paro avyaktad: "The Supreme Personality of Godhead, Narayana, He is beyond this material creation." Narayanah parah avyaktad. Avyaktad anda-sambhavah
- For Krsna they (these European and Americans) have forsaken everything. That is pure devotion. Anyabhilasita-sunyam, jnana-karmady-anavrtam, anukulyena krsnanu- silanam bhaktir uttamam
- From the avyakta, nonmanifested material mahat-tattva, this material creation has been, become possible. Before the material creation, beyond the material creation, there is Krsna
- God is accepted, not now, even when Krsna was present, five thousand years ago, all great sages, saintly persons, great rsis, they also accepted. Narada, Devala, Vyasa
- God is never manufactured. God is God. Not by mystic power one becomes God or by so-called meditation or magical arts. No. God is God. Nobody can become God. Asamaurdhva
- God's reference is there in the Vedic literatures, and God Himself appeared, and He explained Himself in the Bhagavad-gita
- Govindam adi-purusam tam aham bhajami. These verses, Brahma-samhita, it was composed by Lord Brahma. Therefore in the Vedic literature this is called Samhita. Samhita means part of the Vedic literature
- If we want to understand Krsna, then we have to follow. Mahajano yena gatah sa panthah. Evam parampara-praptam imam rajarsayo viduh
- If we want to understand Krsna, we have to follow these mahajana. Just like Brahma. Brahma is the original
- If you search out the genealogical table of this universe, especially of the human society, then you go on searching. I am begotten by my father; my father is begotten by his father, his father, his father, his father - you go on
- In our genealogical table, in each family, there is a person who is the origin of the family - then his son, his son, his grandsons, great-grandson. In this way, family expands. Similarly, this creation is from Krsna
- In the Bhagavad-gita, Krsna is described as asama urdhva prapitamaha ca. In the Eleventh Chapter, you'll find these words. Because Brahma is considered... He's called pitamaha, because the father of the father
- In the Brahma-samhita it is said, vedesu durlabha. You go on studying all Vedic literature by your literary capacity or scholarship - durlabha. It is not possible. Vedesu durlabha
- In the Brahma-samhita, Brahma is describing means from the very creation. Brahma is the first creature of this universe. So he has explained about Krsna by his experience, by his realization
- In the Brahma-samhita, Lord Brahma is describing Krsna in each verse: govindam adi-purusam tam aham bhajami. Govindam adi-purusam. He's the original person. Krsna also says, mattah parataram nanyat kincid asti, asti dhananjaya
- In the Catuh-sloki Bhagavata, aham eva asam agre: "I was present before the creation"
- In the Vedanta-sutra, Krsna is described, janmady asya yatah: the Supreme Person from whom everything has emanated. So that Krsna has confirmed in the Bhagavad-gita, aham adir hi devanam
- In your Bombay there are so many persons, they are explaining Bhagavad-gita for so many years, but they could not turn even a single person a pure devotee of Krsna. This is our challenge
- It is explained in the Tenth Chapter (of Bhagavad-gita). You know, all, Krsna as param brahma param dhama pavitram paramam bhavan. Arjuna is addressing Krsna as person, bhavan. This bhavan sabda, this word is used, "person"
- Krsna has got innumerable expansion. Some of Them are called visnu-tattva, and some of them are called jiva-tattva. He has got innumerable expansions. The visnu-tattva expansion, They are as good as Krsna
- Krsna is available through His confidential devotee. Not that if anyone has studied very nicely all Vedic literatures he'll understand Krsna. No. Maybe, but it is very difficult. Krsna can be delivered by His devotee, atma-bhaktau
- Krsna is not exposed to these foolish and rascals. Krsna is never exposed. Naham prakasah sarvasya. He's not so cheap thing that He'll be understood by these fools and rascals. It is not possible
- Krsna is the adi-purusa. In... Arjuna also confirms. After understanding Bhagavad-gita, Arjuna also confirms: param brahma param dhama, pavitram paramam bhavan, purusam sasvatam adyam. Adyam: the original person
- Krsna is the original person. Govindam adi-purusam tam aham bhajami. It is not that some artist has manufactured a fashionable Krsna, and we worship that. No. Krsna's the original person
- Krsna says to Arjuna, "This science of God, Bhagavad-gita, krsna-tattva..." Caitanya Mahaprabhu said: yei krsna-tattva vetta sei guru hay. Guru does not become. Guru is not so cheap thing. One must know what is krsna-tattva
- Nature has given you sufficient means to live very comfortably everywhere. If you get a piece of land and one cow, your whole economic question is solved. You haven't got to go fifty miles for working. There is no necessity
- Nobody knows Krsna. They may speculate by their so-called scholarship, ABCD knowledge, but Krsna, Krsna is not there. They cannot turn even a single man to become a Krsna devotee. That is not possible. They can be fool
- Of course, it will not be very palatable to hear, but actually we are all thieves. We have stolen God's property. That is material life. Anyone who has got anything without sense of God, it is to be understood that he has stolen the property
- One who is not devotee, he is described as a pasuh, as an animal. And such animal is eulogized, glorified, by another animal. What are they? Now, dogs, camels, asses and hogs
- Ordinary person cannot understand God can be person. He thinks that "God must be a person like me." His limited knowledge, speculator, poor fund of knowledge, he thinks that "God must be like me"
- Our process is to follow the footsteps of acaryas. Acaryopasanam, in the Bhagavad-gita it is said, for making progress in knowledge, one has to worship acarya, acaryopasanam. So by parampara system we follow
- Sankarsana is expansion of Narayana. Narayana is expansion of another Sankarsana, and that Sankarsana is expansion of Baladeva. And Baladeva is expansion of Krsna. You'll find in the sastras
- So yoga practice is approved process, but it requires long, long period, time, and the time is not at all suitable in this age. And persons are differently cultured. They are eating everything, they are drinking everything, smoking
- Srimad-Bhagavatam is the original explanation of Vedanta-sutra
- Suppose you have got millions of dollars. Don't keep it. So long it is within your jurisdiction, spend it for Krsna. Yes. That is the proper utilization. Because actually the money is not yours, because you cannot carry this money with your death
- The father of Brahma is also there: Garbhodakasayi Visnu. The Garbhodakasayi Visnu is expansion of Karanodakasayi Visnu, the original Visnu, and Karanodakasayi Visnu is expansion of Sankarsana
- The fools and rascals, they try to comment on the Bhagavad-gita by their ABCD scholarship. That is not possible. It is sabda-brahman. It will be revealed to the person who has devotion to Krsna. Yasya deve para bhaktir yatha deve
- There are so many literatures, books, are published nowadays. After one year, two years, three years - finished. Nobody cares for it. Nobody cares for it
- There are so many persons, they are trying to interpret Bhagavad-gita by their so-called scholarship, but nobody cares for them. They cannot turn even one person, a devotee of Krsna. This is a challenge
- There is no difference between Bhagavad-gita and Bhagavan. Sabda-brahman. So Bhagavad-gita should not be taken as ordinary literature, that one can comment on it by so-called ABCD knowledge. No. That is not possible
- There is no more para-tattva, superior source, except Krsna. This Krsna consciousness movement is therefore..., we are trying to place before the civilized human society that the adi-purusa, the original Supreme Personality of Godhead
- These foolish people, they do not know. They think that by interpreting Bhagavad-gita by their so-called rascaldom knowledge, they can reveal Bhagavad-gita. That is not possible. Naham prakasah yogamaya-samavrtah
- They (these European and Americans) are pure devotees. They have no other business. They have sacrificed everything. They are coming from rich family, rich nation, educated, everything. There is no scarcity in their country
- They are searching after God. There are so many societies - theological society, theosophical society - they are searching after God. But here is God. Why don't you take reference from the Vedic literature?
- This Bhagavad-gita, now it is being explained as it is, and thousands and thousands of Europeans and Americans, whose forefathers or family never knew the name of Krsna, they are becoming devotees. This is the secret of success
- To search out Krsna by academic education, by mental speculation, by pursuits of different types of knowledge is not possible
- We find it, description, in the Samhitas, in the Vedas, in the Rg Veda: om tad visnoh paramam padam sada pasyanti surayah. And the explanation of Vedanta-sutra, Srimad-Bhagavatam, there it is explained: janmady asya yatah
- What is that desire tree? Just like here in, in this material world, a tree is meant for delivering a particular fruit or flower, but desire tree means whatever you desire you get immediately delivered from the tree
- When the creation was there, Brahma was the only person, living entity, in the beginning. So the question may be that "How Brahma learned Vedic knowledge?" That is explained: tene brahma...
- Whenever you find time, you write. Never mind, two lines, four lines, but you write your realization. Sravanam kirtanam, writing or offering prayers, glories. This is one of the function of the Vaisnava. You are hearing, but you have to write also
- Who is mahajana? Mahajana. In India, a mahajana is accepted who can give you loan, money. He's called mahajana. Not that, that all. It is, it is a perverted word. But mahajana means a, one who is pure devotee of the Lord