This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Pages in category "Oldest"
The following 32 pages are in this category, out of 32 total.
- Although He (the Supreme Personality of Godhead) is the oldest of all living entities, He has His eternal form as a fresh youth. The exact words used in this connection in the Srimad-Bhagavatam (10.2.35) are vijnanam ajnana-bhidapamarjanam
- Apart from the sastras of the Vedic civilization, which is the oldest of the world, other sastras agree on this point - to get release from the materialistic way of life
- At the present time, even the oldest man in the family does not leave home, being attracted by wife, children, money, opulence, dwelling, etc. Thus at the end of life one worries about how his wife will be protected
- I worship the Supreme Personality of God, Govinda (Krsna), who is the original person - absolute, infallible, without beginning, although expanded into unlimited forms, still the same original, the oldest, and the person always appearing as a fresh youth
- In order to refute such meaningless arguments (that Srimad-Bhagavatam was not compiled by Sri Vyasadeva), Sri Sridhara Svami points out that there is reference to the Bhagavatam in many of the oldest Puranas
- It is not that we have coined this term "Krsna consciousness." Krsna consciousness is the oldest phrase in the history of the world - BG 18.65, BG 9.34
- Its (Bhagavad-gita's) philosophy is the oldest in the history of the world
- One should meditate upon the Supreme Person as the one who knows everything, Who is the oldest, Who is the controller, Who is smaller than the smallest, Maintainer of everything, and Who is beyond all material conception
- One should not think of Brahmaji as a dead great-grandfather, as we have experience on this planet. He is the oldest great-grandfather, and he is still living, and Narada is also living
- Our this movement is nothing new. It is oldest and authorized. So now if we can push on this movement, that is the greatest welfare activity in the human
- Srila Sridhara Svami points out that there are many of the oldest puranas which make reference to the Srimad-Bhagavatam
- Sunahsepha was sold to Maharaja Hariscandra because he was the middle son, between the oldest and the youngest. It appears that the sacrifice of a man as an animal in yajna has been practiced for a very long time
- The Absolute Truth is contained in all the great Scriptures of the world; the Bible, Koran, Torah, etc. However, the oldest known Revealed Scriptures in existence are the Vedic literatures
- The Bindu Madhava temple is the oldest Visnu temple in Varanasi. At present this temple is known as Veni Madhava, and it is situated on the banks of the Ganges
- The first sloka, or verse, of Srimad-Bhagavatam begins with the Gayatri mantra, and there is reference to this in the Matsya Purana - the oldest Purana
- The four boy-sages, who had nothing to cover their bodies but the atmosphere, looked only five years old, even though they were the oldest of all living creatures and had realized the truth of the self
- The Lord, who is supreme & is the oldest of all, is unlimitedly merciful. I wish that He may smilingly bestow His benediction upon me by opening His lotus eyes. He can uplift the entire cosmic creation & remove our dejection by kindly speaking directions
- The oldest student I have got at the present moment, he is twenty-eight years. No, Kirtanananda is about thirty years old. That's all. So, of course, I do not get any older people. That is nice, hopeful
- The personified Vedas said, "Although You have no mind, You know everyone and everyone's activities, past, present & future, and yet no one knows who You are. You know everyone, but no one knows You; therefore, You are the oldest & supreme personality"
- The proof of Krishna Consciousness is that the Bhagavad-gita it is oldest transcendental literature about God-consciousness in the history of the world
- The spiritual entity is ever fresh and new, although he is the oldest of all. He is always different from the material body and mind, which are always subject to death and annihilation
- The Supreme Lord, Personality of Godhead, is the oldest of all, but whenever you'll find, you'll find just like a young man. Adyam purana purusam nava-yauvanam ca. Nava-yauvanam means just a fresh youth
- They are all married couples. I got them married. Yes. I got them married. They're young boys, all within thirty. My oldest disciple, he is twenty-eight. Otherwise, twenty-five, twenty-four. Utmost thirty
- This first sloka of the Bhagavatam begins with the Gayatri mantra. There is reference to this in the Matsya Purana, which is the oldest Purana