Names of the Twelve Mahajanas
Subcategories Pages in category
This category has the following 12 subcategories, out of 12 total.
- ► Janaka (2 C, 39 P)
- ► Kapiladeva (4 C, 271 P)
- ► Narada Muni (17 C, 1,552 P)
- ► Prahlada (13 C, 892 P)
- ► Yamaraja (14 C, 430 P)
Pages in category "Names of the Twelve Mahajanas"
The following 6 pages are in this category, out of 6 total.
- According to SB, there are twelve authorities, & they are all famous because they were all great devotees of the Lord. These authorities are Brahma, Narada, Lord Siva, Manu, Kapila, Prahlada, Janaka, Bhisma, Sukadeva Gosvami, Bali, Yamaraja & the Kumaras
- Bhismadeva is one of the twelve mahajanas who know the principles of transcendental knowledge. His confirmation of Lord Sri Krsna's being the original Personality of Godhead is also corroborated by the impersonalist Sankara
- Bhismadeva, although one of them (great devotees of Krsna), has mentioned only three important names of the twelve who know the glories of the Lord (Krsna)
- Mahajano yena gatah sa panthah: (CC Madhya 17.186) our duty is to follow the instructions of the mahajanas. There are twelve mahajanas, and Sukadeva Gosvami is one of them
- The twelve authorities are Brahma, Narada, Lord Siva, Manu, Kapila, Prahlada, Janaka, Bhisma, Sukadeva Gosvami, Bali, Yamaraja and the Kumaras. These personalities are still remembered because they were all great stalwart devotees of the Lord
- There are twelve particular agents of the Lord who know the purpose of religion, and all of them render transcendental service unto Him. Persons who desire their own good may follow these mahajanas and thus attain the supreme benefit