My Guru Maharaja Was... (Bhaktisiddhanta)
"My guru maharaja was"
Pages in category "My Guru Maharaja Was... (Bhaktisiddhanta)"
The following 30 pages are in this category, out of 30 total.
- I remember that my Guru Maharaja would often send young boys out to sell literature of Krishna Consciousness, and if they would come back having sold only a few issues, Guru Maharaja was very, very pleased
- I thought, "Oh, I cannot do this. I cannot accept this sannyasa." But My Guru Maharaja was so kind, and he is so kind still. Then he forced me, that "You must do it," taking, pulling my ear, he brought me to this line. In the beginning I was not willing
- I was householder, my Guru Maharaja was life-long brahmacari. But we are doing the same work of preaching Krishna Consciousness, so what is the difference, grhastha and brahmacari? Actual sannyasa means that he has given everything to Krishna
- I was translating Bhagavatam, and when three books were published, I prepared myself to go to America, singlehanded. Not for getting any material reputation, but simply to try, because I knew my Guru Maharaja was very, very anxious to preach this cult
- My Guru Maharaja used to be very much pleased whenever there was book distribution. So you just continue it solidly, that is my request
- My Guru Maharaja was a great astrologer
- My Guru Maharaja was also alone. And why not? All these rascals, why shall I call him intelligent?
- My Guru Maharaja was also inclined toward his bolder preachers. Therefore I am requesting that both of you, with your party, join me very soon at the Hare Krishna Festival in Bombay Cross Maidan
- My Guru Maharaja was called "Living Encyclopedia'', he could talk with anyone on any subject
- My Guru Maharaja was in favor of preaching in the city because you can get many men
- My Guru Maharaja was in the 10th generation from Lord Caitanya. We are 11th from Lord Caitanya
- My Guru Maharaja was lamenting, "So only kanistha-adhikaris, we are keeping simply people in the kanistha-adhikara and engaging them in the arcana-marga." So that is not required
- My Guru Maharaja was very humorous. He was a Calcutta bhap.(?) Therefore he liked me. All others, they came from East Bengal. I was the only disciple, Calcutta
- My Guru Maharaja was very much anxious about selling books and preaching, so you are pleasing him by this bombastic flood of books all over the world
- My Guru Maharaja's Guru Maharaja, he was illiterate, Gaura Kisora dasa Babaji Maharaja. He could not sign even his name. But my Guru Maharaja was the best scholar of his time. He accepted him as guru
- My Guru Maharaja, Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura, he was gosthyanandi. He wanted to increase the number of devotees. And the more you increase the number of devotees, the more you become very much recognized by Krsna
- My Guru Maharaja, my spiritual master, he was sannyasi, and his title was Sarasvati
- The preaching work is not easy-going. There are so many difficulties. All the big, big preachers... Sri Ramanujacarya. His life was attempted to be killed. Why Ramanujacarya? My Guru Maharaja was attempted to be killed
- This idea of doll exhibitions to demonstrate our philosophy has long been proposed, and my Guru Maharaja was very keen to execute this idea
- This idea of doll exhibitions to demonstrate our philosophy has long been proposed, and my Guru Maharaja was very keen to execute this idea. Therefore I am just trying to give some shape to what my Guru Maharaja wanted
- When a disciple misunderstands a bona fide spiritual master, the master regrets for his inability to protect the disciple and sometimes he cries with tears in the eyes. We had an experience while my Guru Maharaja was alive
- When Guru Maharaja was speaking, at least my brain was puzzled. Even he would speak in Bengali, it was very difficult to understand
- When my Guru Maharaja was present even big, big scholars were afraid to talk with His beginning students