"musical instruments"|"musical instrument"
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Musical Instruments"
The following 38 pages are in this category, out of 38 total.
- After the mangalaratrika ceremony they (Devotees of God) sit down together and sing the glories of the Lord with musical instruments and thus enjoy life
- At least four drums are required and ten sets of karatalas. Otherwise there are no instruments here for the kirtana, and that will be a great dishonor for displaying the sankirtana movement to people of Bombay
- At the time of His descent on earth, demigods in the form of raining clouds sounded musical instruments in the sky. The celestial musicians, the Gandharvas, sang the glories of the Lord, while celestial dancing girls danced in joyful ecstasy
- Maharaja Yudhisthira, along with his noble brothers, were examples for others in receiving a pure devotee of the Lord like Narada, who had no other business save and except singing the glories of the Lord along with his vina, a musical stringed instrument
- My dear lord, you are a worthy son of Lord Brahma, and you travel, playing on your musical instrument, the vina, for the welfare of the entire universe. You are like the sun, which rotates in the universe for the benefit of all living beings
- Now I shall require some Sankirtana instruments from India and three men to assist me in my missionary activities
- Now that the all-pervading, unlimited Lord Krsna, the master of the cosmic manifestation, had arrived within the estate of Maharaja Nanda, various types of musical instruments resounded to celebrate the great festival - SB 10.5.13
- On another day a great devotee of Lord Siva, chanting of Lord Siva's qualities, came to Lord Caitanya's house, where he began dancing in the courtyard and playing his damaru (a musical instrument)
- Otherwise there are no instruments here for the kirtana, and that will be a great dishonor for displaying the sankirtana movement to people of Bombay
- Overjoyed to know of his arrival, his subjects came forth from Brahmavarta to greet their returning lord with songs, prayers and musical instruments
- Singers sang and many kinds of musical instruments, like bheris and dundubhis, played in accompaniment - SB 10.5.5
- So far as musical instruments are concerned I don't think it is worthwhile. Shipping charges and packing and duty come to more than that one could purchase in the states
- Stringed instruments are Vedic, but the real Vedic instrument is mrdanga and karatala. Anyway, you have to do according to the time and circumstances if you use these other instruments. So you have got my approval and you can go on
- Surrounding him were the Vidyadharas, Apsaras, Kinnaras, Patagas (birds) and Uragas (snakes). All of them were offering Indra their respects and services, and the Apsaras and Gandharvas were dancing and singing with very sweet musical instruments
- The children, they are also chanting Hare Krsna, they are offering obeisances, they are offering a lamp, they are playing some instrument, all these things will never go in vain
- The demigods who always travel in outer space gave King Prthu the arts to perform dramas, sing songs, play musical instruments and disappear at his will. The great sages also offered him infallible blessings. The ocean offered him a conchshell
- The inhabitants of Gandharvaloka and Caranaloka then took the opportunity to play their musical instruments, such as conchshells, bugles and drums. They began dancing and singing along with their wives
- The musical stringed instrument called the vina, which was handed to Narada by Lord Sri Krsna, is described in the Linga Purana, and this is confirmed by Srila Jiva Gosvami
- The seven musical notes-sa, r, ga, ma, pa, dha and ni-are used in musical instruments, but originally they come from the Sama Veda
- The vibrations of various musical instruments, bheris, turyas, vinas, flutes, mrdangas all joined together to make a beautiful reception. While Krsna was entering, the whole city was cleansed, all the different streets & roads were sprinkled with water
- There is tendency for dancing, for chanting, for singing. They are holding ball dances, and musical instrument. The same thing we are propagating: chant and dance Hare Krsna mantra. This is satisfaction
- This art (how to manipulate thin threads for dancing puppets) includes how to string wires on musical instruments, such as the vina, sitar, esaraja and tamboura, to produce melodious sounds
- To chant Hare Krishna, very nicely, with musical instruments and mrdanga, speak the philosophy of Bhagavad-gita, and sell our literatures like books and magazines. That process will make our mission successful
- To deliver as many fallen souls as possible, he (Narada Muni) continues playing his musical instrument and vibrating the transcendental sound Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare - Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare
- We are negotiating with some Bombay firm for supplies of musical instruments. Is it possible to open an account in your Bombay branch by transferring part of my credit balance there?
- We should not understanding the meaning of sankirtana very narrowly, that only chanting and dancing and playing instruments, no, sankirtana means to glorify the Lord in a congregational manner
- When everything was complete, there was heard the vibration of mrdangas, conchshells, kettledrums and other musical instruments. Professional dancers, both male and female, began to dance
- When we keep a night-long vigil to observe religious performances for the worship of Mangalacandi and Visahari, playing on musical instruments, dancing and chanting are certainly fitting customs
- While the King (Yudhisthira) was taking the avabhrtha bath, different musical instruments vibrated, such as mrdangas, conchshells, panava drums, kettledrums and bugles, and the ankle bells of the dancing girls jingled
- While the Lord was transported from the throne to the car, tumultuous sounds were made on various musical instruments. Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was chanting "Manima! Manima!" but He could not be heard