Month of Phalguna (Feb-Mar) Govinda
"month of Phalguna" | February | Feb | March | "Phalguni Purnima"
Pages in category "Month of Phalguna (Feb-Mar) Govinda"
The following 15 pages are in this category, out of 15 total.
- I offer my respectful obeisances unto the full-moon evening in the month of Phalguna, an auspicious time full of auspicious symptoms, when Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu advented Himself with the chanting of the holy name, Hare Krsna
- In the bright fortnight of the month of Phalguna (February and March), for twelve days ending with Dvadasi, one should observe the vow of subsisting only on milk and should worship the lotus-eyed Supreme Personality of Godhead with all devotion
- Sankhacuda was killed by the Lord during His pastimes at Horika in the month of Phalguna, and the same ceremony is still observed in India by the burning of the effigy of Sankhacuda one day prior to the Lord's pastimes at Horika, generally known as Holi
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu accepted the renounced order during the waxing fortnight of the month of Magha. During the following month, Phalguna, He went to Jagannatha Puri and resided there
- The predominating Deity of the month of Magha is Madhava, and the predominating Deity of the month of Phalguna is Govinda. Visnu is the predominating Deity of Caitra, and Madhusudana is the predominating Deity of Vaisakha
- Thus in the year 1407 of the Saka Era (A.D. 1486), in the month of Phalguna (February-March), in the evening of the full-moon day, the desired auspicious moment arrived