Subcategories Pages in category
This category has the following 9 subcategories, out of 9 total.
- ► Krsna As Govinda (1 C, 173 P)
- ► Month of Phalguna (Feb-Mar) Govinda (15 P)
- ► Radha-Govinda (31 P)
Pages in category "Govinda"
The following 284 pages are in this category, out of 284 total.
- A devotee says there, "My dear Vasundhara, any person who goes to Vrndavana and sees the Deity of Govindadeva is free from the courthouse of Yamaraj and is allowed to enter into the highest planetary system, in which reside the demigods"
- A part of a part of a whole is called a kala. Sri Balarama is the counterform of Lord Govinda
- According to the Siddhartha-samhita there are twenty-four forms of Lord Visnu, and these forms are named according to the position of the symbols in Their four hands
- After asking Govinda to put aside the quilt and pillow, the Lord lay down on the dry plantain bark
- After going to Vrndavana, the brothers preached devotional service and discovered many places of pilgrimage. They specifically initiated the service of Madana-mohana and Govindaji
- After hearing this criticism, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was doubtful and apprehensive. Therefore He called Govinda and instructed him as follows
- After Ramananda Raya's arrival, Caitanya Mahaprabhu bestowed His mercy upon Kasi Misra and met Pradyumna Misra and other devotees. At that time three personalities - Paramananda Puri, Govinda and Kasisvara - came to see Lord Caitanya at Jagannatha Puri
- After Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu had said this and left, Jagadananda Pandita spoke to Govinda
- After the departure of the brahmanas' wives, Sri Govinda and His cowherd boyfriends enjoyed the food they had offered
- After the Lord was made to lie down, Ramananda Raya returned home, and Svarupa Damodara and Govinda lay down at the door of the Gambhira
- After this, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu carefully delivered some prasadam into the hands of Govinda to be given to Haridasa Thakura
- All the devotees asked Govinda with great eagerness, "Have you given Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu the prasadam brought by me"
- All the innumerable universes are maintained only during the breathing period of Maha-Visnu, or Karanarnavasayi Visnu, who is only a plenary part of Govinda, the original Personality of Godhead Lord Krsna
- Also in that chapter is a description of how the Lord examined Govinda and how He danced in the temple
- Although Govinda is always present in His abode (goloka eva nivasati), He is simultaneously present everywhere. Nothing is unknown to Him, and nothing can be hidden from Him
- Although Govinda is not meant for satisfying our senses, if we try to satisfy the senses of Govinda then automatically our own senses are satisfied. BG 1972 purports
- Although He (Govinda) is the oldest person, He always appears as a fresh youth. Such eternal, blissful and all-knowing forms of the Lord cannot be understood by the academic wisdom of the Vedas, but they are always manifest to pure, unalloyed devotees
- Although the sun is situated far away from the other planets, its rays sustain and maintain them all. Similarly, the supreme sun, Govinda, diffuses His heat and light everywhere in the form of His different potencies
- Among His associates, Caitanya enjoyed paternal loving affection from Paramananda Puri, friendly affection with Ramananda Raya, unalloyed service from Govinda and others, and humors of conjugal love with Gadadhara, Jagadananda and Svarupa Damodara
- Among his disciples were Caitanya dasa, who was a priest of the Govinda Deity, as well as Mukundananda Cakravarti and the great devotee Krsnadasa
- Another significant point is that Lord Govinda, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, is described here (in SB 4.6.25) as Tirthapada. Tirtha means "sanctified place," and pada means "the lotus feet of the Lord
- As a father and mother care for their child, Govinda cared for Prahlada Maharaja, who remained always absorbed in thoughts of Govinda. This is Krsna consciousness. Prahlada Maharaja is the vivid example of perfection in Krsna consciousness
- As discussed in the Seventh Chapter of Bhagavad-gita, the entire material cosmic manifestation is only a combination of His (Govinda's) two different energies, the superior, spiritual energy and the inferior, material energy
- As Govinda stroked His body, the Lord slept very nicely for about forty-five minutes, and then His sleep broke
- As Govinda was warning Srikanta, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said, "Don't bother him. Let Srikanta do whatever he likes, for he has come here in a distressed state of mind"
- As stated in Brahma-samhita (BS 5.38): One can see the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Govinda, always, within oneself and outside oneself, if one has developed the transcendental loving attitude toward Him. Thus for people in general, He is not visible
- As stated in the Brahma-samhita (BS 5.33): I (Brahma) worship the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Govinda, who is the original person - nondual, infallible, and without beginning. Although He expands into unlimited forms, He is still the original
- As stated in the Brahma-samhita (BS 5.52): I (Brahma) worship Govinda, the primeval Lord, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, under whose control even the sun, which is considered to be the eye of the Lord, rotates within the fixed orbit of eternal time
- As the one sun appears reflected in countless jewels, so Govinda manifests Himself (as Paramatma) in the hearts of all living beings
- At the beginning, Svarupa Damodara came forward and garlanded Advaita Acarya. Govinda next came and offered a second garland to Advaita Acarya
- At the critical hour of death one must recite the name of Govinda. This is the recommendation of all great transcendentalists
- Because this prayer was offered by Lord Brahma, "He (Govinda) is always served with great reverence and affection by hundreds of thousands of laksmis, or gopis." We follow him by reciting this prayer
- Below the planet named Goloka Vrndavana are the planets known as Devi-dhama, Mahesa-dhama and Hari-dhama. These are opulent in different ways. They are managed by the S P of Godhead, Govinda, the original Lord. I offer my obeisances unto Him
- Brahmacari Kasisvara was a disciple of Isvara Puri, and Sri Govinda was another of his dear disciples
- Brahmaji said, "I worship Govinda, the primeval Lord, who plays on His transcendental flute. His eyes are like lotus flowers, He is decorated with peacock plumes"
- December is called Narayana, January is called Madhava, February is Govinda, March is Visnu, April Sri Madhusudana, May Trivikrama, June Vamana, July Sridhara, August Hrsikesa, September Padmanabha, and early October is known as Damodara
- Devotees following in the footsteps of Lord Brahma, pray, govindam adi-purusam tam aham bhajami, worshiping the adi-purusa, the supreme truth, Govinda
- Devotees like Svarupa Damodara, Gadadhara Pandita, Jagadananda, Kasisvara, Govinda and Vakresvara all came to meet the Lord
- Does this mean that when Prahlada Maharaja was attacked by the demons, the Raksasas, Govinda was also attacked by the demons? This is not possible
- Due to remaining in the water for a long time, they (the gopis) felt cold and were shivering, yet upon hearing the pleasing joking words of Govinda, their minds were perturbed with great joy
- Each devotee would bring a certain type of prasadam. He would entrust it to Govinda and request him, "Please arrange that the Lord will surely eat this prasadam"
- Even an ordinary person who goes to Vrndavana out of inquisitiveness and by chance sees the temple, especially that of Govindadeva, even if he is not elevated to the spiritual kingdom, is still assured promotion to the higher planetary systems
- Even in this material world, a devotee does not see materially manifested things; instead he sees Govinda in everything. When he sees a tree or a human being, a devotee sees them in relation to Govinda
- Every day Ramai filled twenty-two big waterpots, whereas Nandai personally assisted Govinda
- Following the indications of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, Govinda brought the prasadam of Lord Jagannatha. The Lord sent some to Paramananda Puri and Brahmananda Bharati
- For example, Rupa Gosvami was offered a favor by Maharaj Mansingh, the commander-in-chief of Emperor Akbar, and Rupa Gosvami instructed him to construct a large temple for Govindaji, which cost vast amounts of money
- For the satisfaction of Sri Madana-gopala and Govindadeva, we pray that this book, Sri Caitanya-caritamrta, may be offered to Sri Krsna Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- Govinda can impregnate simply by glancing. In other words, His eyes can work as His genitals. He does not need genitals to beget a child. Indeed, Krsna can beget any one of the living entities with any part of His body
- Govinda Gosani, the priest engaged in the service of Lord Govinda in Vrndavana, was a disciple of Kasisvara Gosani. There was no servant more dear to the Govinda Deity
- Govinda is absolute. Govinda and Govinda's organization the same. Govinda is absolute
- Govinda is partially exhibited as antaryami, the Supersoul, who enters this material world (andantara-stha) and who is also within the atom
- Govinda is the original Personality of Godhead, and Syamasundara, with a flute in His hand, & He is very pastimeous, always smiling. By His smiling He offers you blessings. You also, by seeing His smiling, you remain everlastingly smiling. It is so nice
- Govinda is very, very difficult to understand by mental speculation, philosophical theses. Philosophical theses, speculation, without religion is simply waste of time. And religion without philosophical basis is sentiment. They must be combined
- Govinda kept accumulating the food, and soon it filled a corner of the room. There was quite enough to feed at least a hundred people
- Govinda made his request again and again, but the Lord replied, "I cannot move My body"
- Govinda massaged the Lord's legs as usual. He pressed the Lord's waist and back very softly, and thus all the Lord's fatigue went away
- Govinda mentally replied, "My duty is to serve, even if I have to commit offenses or go to hell
- Govinda ran very quickly behind the Lord, who did not feel any pain from the pricking of the thorns
- Govinda relayed this message to all the devotees. When they heard it, they felt as if their heads had been struck by thunderbolts
- Govinda repeatedly requested, "I want to massage Your legs." But the Lord said, "Do it or don't do it. It depends upon your mind"
- Govinda replied, "I shall never be able to repay My debt to you. Lord Jagannatha has saved You. I am insignificant"
- Govinda replied, "Now there are only the bags of Raghava." The Lord said, "Let them remain today. I shall see them later"
- Govinda replied, "You were lying down, blocking the door, and there was no way to go"
- Govinda said, "Kindly turn on one side. Let me pass to enter the room." However, the Lord replied, "I don't have the strength to move My body"
- Govinda said, "Please rise and take your maha-prasadam". Haridasa Thakura replied, "Today I shall observe fasting"
- Govinda saved some remnants of food left by Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu and kept them carefully. Later, one portion of these remnants was delivered to Haridasa Thakura
- Govinda sprinkled water from a karanga waterpot all over the Lord's body, and then, taking His own outer garment, he began to fan Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- Govinda therefore told Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, "Jagadananda Pandita has brought some scented sandalwood oil"
- Govinda thoroughly emptied the bags from the previous year and kept them in another room to fill them with other goods
- Govinda understood all the indications of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu. Therefore he immediately delivered the remnants of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's food to Kalidasa
- Govinda will give me prasadam later, outside the door. Understanding his mind, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu did not call him again
- Govinda would present the prasadam and say to Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, "This has been given by such-and-such devotee." The Lord, however, would not actually eat it. He would simply say, "Keep it in storage"
- Govinda, whom I worship, is the original PG. He is nondifferent from His innumerable plenary expansions, who are all infallible, original & unlimited and who have eternal forms. Although He is primeval, the oldest personality, He is always fresh & young
- Govinda-kunda is situated near here (a village on Govardhana Hill named Aniyora), and there are two temples to Govinda and Baladeva there. According to some, Queen Padmavati excavated this lake
- Govindam adi-purusam tam aham bhajami. These verses, Brahma-samhita, it was composed by Lord Brahma. Therefore in the Vedic literature this is called Samhita. Samhita means part of the Vedic literature
- Govindam adi-purusam: Govinda is the original source of everything
- Having described Govinda in terms of His Brahman and Paramatma features, now the author of Sri Caitanya-caritamrta advances his argument to prove that Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu is the identical personality
- He (Caitanya) prays in His Siksastaka (7): O Govinda! Feeling Your separation, I am considering a moment to be like twelve years or more. Tears are flowing from My eyes like torrents of rain, and I am feeling all vacant in the world in Your absence
- He (Govinda, the original Personality of Godhead) enters all the elements, including every atom of matter, as Ksirodakasayi Visnu. Such manifestations of cosmic creation are innumerable, both in the universes and in the individual atoms
- He (Nityananda) granted to one as low as me (Krsnadasa Kaviraja Gosvami) the sight of Lord Govinda. Words cannot describe this, nor is it fit to be disclosed
- He (Siva) stressed worshiping Lord Krsna, or Govinda, three times in this verse (Bhaja Govindam) and especially warned his followers that they could not possibly achieve deliverance, or mukti, simply by word jugglery and grammatical puzzles
- He (the Supreme Lord) is even within the atom. In this way the Supreme Lord Govinda is all-pervasive. On the other hand, the living entities are very, very small
- He also personally ate the remnants of food left by Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu. Then the Lord again sent Govinda
- He said, "My dear Govinda, you have saved My life. If I had touched the body of a woman, I would certainly have died"
- He who is described in the yoga-sastras as the indwelling Supersoul (atma antar-yami) is also a plenary portion of Govinda’s personal expansion
- Hearing these words of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, Govinda remained silent. The next morning, Jagadananda went to see the Lord
- Here in this particular verse the Lord is described as bhagavan, govinda, brahmanya and bhakta-vatsala
- I (Brahma) adore the primeval Lord, Govinda, from whom the separated subjective portion Brahma receives his power for the regulation of the mundane world - BS 5.49
- I (Brahma) adore the primeval Lord, Govinda, in accordance with whose will Durga conducts herself - BS 5.44
- I (Brahma) adore the primeval Lord, Govinda, in pursuance of whose order the sun performs his journey, mounting the wheel of time - Bs. 5.52
- I (Brahma) adore the primeval Lord, Govinda, of whom the state of Sambhu is a similar transformation for the performance of the work of destruction - BS 5.45
- I (Brahma) worship the primeval Lord, Govinda, the original Personality of Godhead. By His partial plenary expansion as Maha-Visnu, He enters into material nature. Then He enters every universe as Garbhodakasayi Visnu
- I (Brahma) worship the primeval Lord, Govinda. Ganesa always holds His lotus feet upon the pair of tumuli protruding from his elephant head in order to obtain power for his function of destroying all obstacles on the path of progress in the three worlds
- I am not fit to speak all these confidential words about my visiting Lord Madana Gopala and Lord Govinda
- I cannot properly express the affection of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu for His devotees. Being merciful toward Raghunatha dasa, the Lord spoke as follows to Govinda
- I shall keep some remnants of the Lord's food for you. When He is asleep, come and take your portion
- I worship Govinda, the primeval Lord, the first progenitor, who is tending cows yielding all desires in abodes built with spiritual gems and surrounded by millions of purpose trees
- I worship Govinda, the primeval Lord, who is endowed with great power
- I worship the primeval Lord, Govinda, who is always seen by the devotee whose eyes are anointed with the pulp of love. He is seen in His eternal form of Syamasundara, situated within the heart of the devotee
- I would not mind committing hundreds and thousands of offenses for the service of the Lord, but I greatly fear committing even a glimpse of an offense for my own self
- If at the time of death the devotee can remember his own name, such as Krsnadasa or Govinda dasa, he can be saved from the greatest danger. Therefore the change of names at the time of initiation is essential
- If we do not understand Govinda, govinda-carana-dvayam, then it is viphala. It is simply misused. The modern civilization, they do not know this. This Krsna consciousness movement is meant for educating people that "You are simply wasting your time"
- If you bring any more than this, you will not see Me here anymore
- In ecstasy, one should feel the entire world to be vacant without the presence of Govinda. This is a sign of separation from Govinda
- In our Krsna consciousness movement we therefore change a devotee's name to a form that reminds him of Visnu. If at the time of death the devotee can remember his own name, such as Krsnadasa or Govinda dasa, he can be saved from the greatest danger
- In some places there were nice beddings in the bushes of the Vrndavana gardens, and in some places there were piles of dust due to the group-dancing of Govinda and the gopis
- In spite of having such an important body (the human body), if one does not re-establsih his lost relationship with Govinda, Lord Krsna, he is certainly a fool who has forgoten his self-interest
- In that condition she was sometimes going within the house, sometimes coming out of the house. She was constantly looking to see if Govinda was coming back along the road
- In the above-mentioned verse from Bhagavad-gita (BG 9.4), it is said that although He (Govinda) is all-pervading, everywhere present, He is not conceivable by the material senses. But actually, although we cannot see Him, everything is resting in Him
- In the beginning he was proud of being Brahma, the lord of the universe, but now he understood, "Here is the Lord of the universe. I am simply an insignificant agent. Govindam adi-purusam tam aham bhajami"
- In the Bhakti-ratnakara (Fifth Wave), the following statement is found - Govinda-kunda is exalted for its many spiritual activities. It was here that Indra, defeated by Lord Govinda, offered prayers to Him and bathed Him
- In the Brahma-samhita it is said that the Supreme Absolute Truth, Govinda, the Personality of Godhead, although one without a second, is infallibly expanded by innumerable forms nondifferent from one another
- In the Brahma-samhita it is stated that the Supreme Lord, Govinda, is always served in His abode by many, many millions of goddesses of fortune. Laksmi-sahasra-sata-sambhrama-sevyamanam
- In the Brahma-samhita, which is compiled by Brahmaji, he repeats the aphorism govindam adi-purusam tam aham bhajami: "I am a worshiper of the original Personality of Godhead, Govinda, the primeval Lord
- In the list of prominent devotees at Nilacala (Jagannatha Puri), Kasisvara was the eighteenth and Govinda the nineteenth. They both came to see Caitanya Mahaprabhu at Jagannatha Puri, being thus ordered by Isvara Puri at the time of his passing away
- In the Mahabharata, Draupadi says, "My dear Govinda, Your promise is that Your devotee can never be vanquished. I believe in that statement, and therefore in all kinds of tribulations I simply remember Your promise, and thus I live"
- In the Mathura-khanda it is stated - Simply by bathing in Govinda-kunda, one is awarded liberation. This lake was produced when Bhagavan Sri Krsna was bathed by Lord Indra
- In the Prahlada-samhita Uddhava says, "The Supreme Personality of Godhead, Govinda, painstricken due to being pierced by the arrows of Cupid, is always thinking of you (the gopis), and He is not even accepting His regular lunch
- In the village of Pancakrosi Vrndavana, at the site where the Govinda temple is now situated, there was a great temple where gorgeous worship of Gopala was performed
- In the words of the BS 5.38: I (Brahma) worship the primeval Lord, Govinda, who is always seen by the devotee whose eyes are anointed with the pulp of love. He is seen in His eternal form of Syamasundara, situated within the heart of the devotee
- In this material world, to render service to the lotus feet of Govinda, the cause of all causes, and to see Him everywhere, is the only goal of life. This much alone is the ultimate goal of human life, as explained by all the revealed scriptures
- In this way he made a quilt and a pillow, which he then gave to Govinda, saying, "Ask the Lord to lie on this"
- In this way, Govinda gave everyone's name as he put the food before the Lord. Being very satisfied, the Lord began to eat it all
- Isvara Puri ordered Govinda to serve Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu. Thus the Lord keeps him by His side
- It (the sun) is moving in its prescribed orbit by the order and the supreme will of Govinda. BG 1972 purports
- It is customary in Hindu society for parents to give their children names like Krsnadasa, Govinda dasa, Narayana dasa and Vrndavana dasa. Thus they chant the names Krsna, Govinda, Narayana and Vrndavana and get the chance to be purified
- It was a steady, long-standing rule that Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu would lie down to rest after lunch and Govinda would come to massage His legs. Then Govinda would honor the remnants of food left by Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- It was Govinda's practice to go take lunch when the Lord was asleep. On that day, however, seeing the Lord's weariness, Govinda continued massaging His body
- Lighting a lamp, Svarupa Damodara and Govinda entered the room. When they saw the Lord's face, they were filled with sorrow
- Lord Brahma says, "I worship Lord Govinda, the original personality, the cause of all causes"
- Lord Govinda says, "To those who are constantly devoted to serving Me with love, I give the understanding by which they can come to Me"
- Lord Kesava, the proprietor of the holy place of Mathura, is the Lord of the first portion of the day, and Govinda, the Lord of Vrndavana. is the master of the second portion
- Lord Krsna’s kingship over the cows became splendidly manifest (in CC Madhya 18.37 quoted from Stavavali, Vraja-vilasa-stava 74). I pray that Govinda-kunda, the lake created by that ceremonial bath, may eternally appear before my eyes
- Lord Madhava holds the club, disc, conch and lotus. Lord Govinda holds the disc, club, lotus and conch
- Lord Nityananda Prabhu then obtained an external garment used by the Lord by requesting it from Govinda
- Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu explained this mode of devotional service (to Sri Radha-Madana-mohana, Sri Radha-Govindadeva and Sri Radha-Gopinathaji) in three stages, & therefore these worshipable Deities were installed in Vrndavana by different Gosvamis
- Maha-Visnu is partial representation of Govinda. Govindam adi-purusam tam aham bhajami. So this is called knowledge. One has to know what is God, what is the nature of God
- Meanwhile, not hearing any sounds from Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, Govinda immediately sent for Svarupa Damodara and opened the doors
- Milk changes into yogurt when mixed with a yogurt culture, but actually it is constitutionally nothing but milk. Similarly, Govinda, the S P of Godhead, assumes the form of Lord Siva (Sambhu) for the special purpose of material transactions
- O Govinda, this youthful girl named Radhika is today constantly pouring forth tears like nectar falling from flowers as She sings Your holy names in a sweet voice
- On the forehead is the temple of Lord Kesava, on the belly is the temple of Lord Narayana, on the chest is the temple of Lord Madhava, and on the throat, between the two collarbones, is the temple of Lord Govinda
- One day Govinda, the personal servant of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, went in great jubilation to deliver the remnants of Lord Jagannatha's food to Haridasa Thakura
- One devotee said, "My dear Govinda, here is a nice flowery bush in Kailasa. I am a young girl, and You are a young poetic boy. After this, what more can I say? You just consider." This is an example of uparasa, caused by impudence in conjugal love
- One of Her (Radharani's) friends addressed Her in this way: "My dear friend, You have already sold Yourself and all Your beauty to Govinda. Now You should not be bashful. Please look upon Him cheerfully"
- Ordinary living entities are called vibhinnamsa expansions, and the unlimited expansions of visnu-tattva, such as Vamana, Govinda, Narayana, Pradyumna, Vasudeva and Ananta, are called svamsa-kala
- Our program is to worship with love and devotion Govinda, the original person
- Please give Me permission to go to Alalanatha. I shall remain there alone, only Govinda will go with Me
- Prahlada Maharaja was constantly and fully engaged in thought of the Supreme Personality of Godhead. As it is said, govinda-parirambhitah. Prahlada Maharaja engaged himself always in meditation, and thus he was protected by Govinda
- Prahlada Maharaja was exactly like a small child, being cared for by Govinda. The necessary activities of his body were performed without his knowledge
- Praising the quality of the rice, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu partook of the prasadam. Then, after returning to His residence, He gave the following order to Govinda, His personal assistant
- Premanjana-cchurita-bhakti-vilocanena santah sadaiva hrdayesu vilokayanti. Just like thousands and thousands of miles away you can transfer the television picture or your radio sound, similarly, if you can prepare yourself, then you can see always Govinda
- Puspa-bana (“He who carries an arrow made of flowers”) is Govinda, the Personality of Godhead who accepts our devotional service; and Ananga is Gopijana-vallabha, who satisfies all the gopis and is the ultimate goal of life
- Ramai and Nandai, the twentieth and twenty-first among the important devotees in Jagannatha Puri, always assisted Govinda twenty-four hours a day in rendering service to the Lord
- Receiving orders from the above authorities and the Vaisnavas of Vrndavana, especially from Haridasa, the priest of Govindaji, I, Krsnadasa Kaviraja, have tried to describe one small particle of one drop of one wave of the ocean of Caitanya's pastimes
- Reciting this verse, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu ran toward the sand dune as fast as the wind. Govinda ran after Him, but he could not approach Him
- Rise (the lower-grade persons) to the platform of worshiping Siva in search for the ever-existing soul, and then to the stage of worshiping Lord Visnu, the Supersoul, etc., without any information of Govinda, Lord Krsna, who is the original Lord Visnu
- Rupa Gosvami composed his verse in such a way that he was seemingly praising the material association of friendship, love, etc., and was condemning the audience of Sri Murti or Govinda
- Seeing that Jagadananda Pandita was indeed eating, Govinda informed the Lord, who then became peaceful and went to sleep
- Since this book, Caitanya-caritamrta, is now complete, having been written for the satisfaction of the most opulent Deities Madana-mohanaji and Govindaji, let it be offered at the lotus feet of Sri Krsna Caitanyadeva
- So whatever he (Brahma) says, whatever he thinks, and whatever he does normally in his mood are to be accepted as truth because of his direct and very intimate connection with Govinda, the primeval Lord
- Some days passed, and when Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, finally pleased with Vallabha Bhatta, accepted his invitation, the Lord sent Svarupa Damodara, Jagadananda Pandita and Govinda to call for Gadadhara Pandita
- Some of the names of the descendants of Gauridasa Pandita are as follows: (1) Sri Nrsimha-caitanya, (2) Krsnadasa, (3) Visnudasa, (4) Bada Balarama dasa, (5) Govinda, (6) Raghunatha, (7) Badu Gangadasa, (8) Auliya Gangarama
- Sometimes the declaration of Govinda Himself may seem contradictory to mundane creatures, but the mundaner will never find any contradiction in the words of God's devotees. The devotees are especially protected by God so that they may remain infallible
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu ate only half of the rice and vegetables, and whatever remained was taken by Govinda
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu lay down at the door of the Gambhira, and Govinda came there to massage His legs
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu ordered Govinda and Kasisvara, "You may both take alms elsewhere to fill your bellies"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu ordered His personal servant Govinda that no one should take the water that had washed His feet
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu replied, "My dear Govinda, you should stay with Me always. There is danger anywhere and everywhere; therefore you should protect Me very carefully"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said to Govinda, "O adi-vasya (uncivilized man), do not forbid this woman to climb the Garuda-stambha. Let her see Lord Jagannatha to her satisfaction"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu sat down to eat. Then Govinda offered Him the preparations one after another, and as he did so he spoke the name of the person who had given each one
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu tasted a portion of the prasadam. Govinda took the rest and bound it in the end of his wrapper
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu then asked Svarupa Damodara, "Please speak of the ecstatic ornaments decorating the body of Srimati Radharani, by which She enchants the mind of Sri Govinda
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu then told Govinda, "You remain here. When the Pandita has taken his food, come inform Me"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was running very rapidly, and the girl was only a short distance away. Just then Govinda caught the Lord in his arms and cried, "It is a woman singing"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu would regularly visit the temple of Jagannatha every day, and at that time Govinda, His personal servant, used to carry His waterpot and go with Him
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's personal servant, Govinda, lay down at the door of His room, and the Lord very loudly chanted the Hare Krsna maha-mantra all night
- Sri Govinda, who pleasingly accepts the loving transcendental service of His devotees, gives all protection to the words and actions of His devotees
- Sri Govindaji acts exactly like the siksa-guru (instructing spiritual master) by teaching Arjuna the Bhagavad-gita. He is the original preceptor, for He gives us instructions and an opportunity to serve Him
- Sridhara Swami said in his verse, "As far as I am concerned, I wish to be liberated simply by chanting the holy names of the all-beautiful Supreme Personality of Godhead - Madhava, Vamana, Trinayana, Sankarsana, Sripati and Govinda"
- Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura gives the following information about Govinda-kunda. There is a village named Aniyora on Govardhana Hill, a little distance from the village of Paitha
- Srila Madhavendra Puri said: "The wealthy mammonites may point me out as mad, and the learned philosophers may assert that I am much too proud; still my mind does not budge an inch from the determination to serve the lotus feet of Govinda"
- Srila Rupa Gosvami has written a very nice verse wherein one gopi advises another, "My dear friend, if you desire to enjoy the company of material society, friendship and love, then please do not go to see this smiling boy Govinda"
- Srila Rupa Goswami, assisted by all other Goswamis have left immense literature for singing about the glories of Govinda. Whatever literature we are presenting, following the footsteps of Rupa Goswami and the others, they are also Govinda Ganamrta
- Srila Sanatana Gosvami also compiled many other books. Who can enumerate them? The basic principle of all these books is to show us how to love Madana-mohana and Govindaji
- Stated in Brahma-samhita, "Let me offer my respectful obeisances unto Govinda, whose partial representation is the Maha-Visnu"
- Svarupa Damodara informed Him, "Govinda was the servant of Isvara Puri. He is very highly qualified"
- That day, a brahmana extended an invitation to Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu. When Govinda accepted only five gandas' worth of vegetables and a fourth of a pot of rice, the brahmana, in great despair, struck his head with his hand and cried, "Alas! Alas"
- The Bhagavad-gita (BG 14.27) clearly mentions that the impersonal Brahman is dependent upon Govinda. That is the real conception of absolute knowledge
- The Brahma-samhita affirms that Durga-sakti is working by the direction of Govinda, and without His sanction the powerful Durga-sakti cannot move even a blade of grass
- The Brahma-samhita also explains the demigod Ganesa, Garbhodakasayi Visnu, the origin of the Gayatri mantra, the form of Govinda and His transcendental position and abode, the living entities, the highest goal, the goddess Durga, the meaning of austerity
- The Brahma-samhita also says, anadir adir govindah sarva-karana-karanam: (BS 5.1) "The Supreme Lord is not caused by anything (anadi), but He is the cause of all causes."
- The Brahma-samhita clearly describes Brahman, "It flourishes on the strength of Govinda and after annihilation enters into and is conserved in Govinda"
- The Brahma-samhita clearly describes Brahman, "The living entities, space, time and the material elements like fire, earth, sky, water and mind constitute the total cosmic manifestation, known as Bhuh, Bhuvah and Svah, which is manifested by Govinda"
- The devotees, out of their extreme love for Govinda, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, always carry the Lord within their hearts. The Lord is already in the heart of everyone, but the Vaisnavas and the brahmanas perceive and see Him always in ecstasy
- The eldest son of Gauridasa Pandita was known as big Balarama, and the youngest was known as Raghunatha. The sons of Raghunatha were Mahesa Pandita and Govinda. Gauridasa Pandita’s daughter was known as Annapurna
- The expansions of Sankarsana are Govinda, Visnu and Madhusudana. This Govinda is different from the original Govinda, for He is not the son of Maharaja Nanda
- The fifty-eighth great devotee of Lord Nityananda Prabhu was Kamsari Sena, the fifty-ninth was Ramasena, the sixtieth was Ramacandra Kaviraja, and the sixty-first, sixty-second and sixty-third were Govinda, Sriranga and Mukunda, who were all physicians
- The following Vaisnavas were present with Srila Rupa Gosvami: Govinda; Isana; Sri Govinda; the magnanimous Vani Krsnadasa; Sri Uddhava, who occasionally visited Bengal; and many others
- The gopis, following the proper system, protected Krsna, their child, with this mantra: While You are playing, may Govinda protect You, and while You are sleeping may Madhava protect You - SB 10.6.25-26
- The husband and wife (Jagannatha Misra and Sacimata), having gotten Visvarupa as their son, were very pleased within their minds. Because of their pleasure, they specifically began to serve the lotus feet of Govinda
- The inhabitants and predominating deities of every planet are all recommended to worship Govinda either by meditation or by chanting
- The initiating spiritual master is a personal manifestation of Srila Madana-mohana vigraha, whereas the instructing spiritual master is a personal representative of Srila Govindadeva vigraha. Both of these Deities are worshiped at Vrndavana
- The King inquired, "To whom did Svarupa Damodara and Govinda offer the two garlands? His bodily effulgence is so great that He must be a very great devotee. Please let me know who He is"
- The Lord asked Govinda to arrange for Raghunatha Bhatta's accommodations and then introduced him to all the devotees, headed by Svarupa Damodara Gosvami
- The Lord ate lunch in the company of all the devotees, and after washing His hands and mouth He gave an order to Govinda
- The Lord inquired from Govinda, "Who has made this?" When Govinda named Jagadananda Pandita, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was somewhat fearful
- The Lord ordered Govinda, "From today on, do not allow that bauliya Kamalakanta Visvasa to come here"
- The Lord told him, "Go see whether Jagadananda Pandita is eating. Then quickly return and let Me know"
- The Madana-mohana Deities simply establish that "I am Your eternal servant." With Govinda, however, there is actual acceptance of service, and therefore He is called the functional Deity
- The Madana-mohana Deity simply establishes that "I am Your eternal servant." With Govinda, however, there is actual acceptance of service. Govinda resides eternally in Vrndavana - CC Intro
- The opulences of the impersonal Brahman spread throughout the millions and millions of universes. That Brahman is but the bodily effulgence of Govinda
- The recent "Govinda'' record, which your good wife has sung along with you, is certainly super-excellent, and it has become so nice because of George's attention upon it
- The remnants of food left by Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu were later distributed among devotees who begged for them, and finally Govinda personally took the last remnants
- The same gopi said, "This smiling boy Govinda is standing on the bank of the Yamuna and playing His flute, His lips brightened by the beams of the full moonlight"
- The same gopi spoke, "We think that this boon (listening to Govinda's flute) is not possible or available on any other planet"
- The sixteen personalities are as follows: (1) Vasudeva, (2) Sankarsana, (3) Pradyumna, (4) Aniruddha, (5) Kesava, (6) Narayana, (7) Madhava, (8) Govinda, (9) Visnu, (10) Madhusudana, (11) Trivikrama, (12) Vamana
- The sun diffuses its heat and light all over the universe. Similarly, the supreme sun, Govinda, diffuses His heat and light everywhere in the form of His different potencies
- The sun is considered to be one of the eyes of the Supreme Lord and that it has immense potency to diffuse heat and light. Still it is moving in its prescribed orbit by the order and the supreme will of Govinda
- The sun is like the eye of the Supreme Lord. I (Brahma) adore the primeval Lord Govinda, in pursuance of whose order the sun performs his journey, mounting the wheel of time
- The sun manifests his brilliance in a gem, although it is stone. Similarly, the original Personality of Godhead, Govinda, manifests His special power in a pious living entity. Thus the living entity becomes Brahma and manages the affairs of the universe
- The sun, full of infinite effulgence, who is the king of all the planets and the image of the good soul, is like the eye of this world. I adore the primeval Lord, Govinda, in pursuance of whose order the sun performs his journey
- The sun’s heat and light are nondifferent from the sun. In the same way, the unlimited potencies of Govinda are nondifferent from Govinda Himself. Therefore the all-pervasive Brahman is the all-pervasive Govinda
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead is go-brahmana-hitaya ca: He is always very kind to cows and brahmanas. Therefore one who worships Govinda must satisfy Him by worshiping the brahmanas and cows
- The test of a perfect devotee is that he sees Govinda everywhere in this universe, even in every atomic particle (anda-ntara-stha-paramanu-cayantara-stham). This is the perfect vision of a devotee
- The three brothers Govinda, Madhava and Vasudeva were the eighty-second, eighty-third and eighty-fourth branches of the tree. Lord Caitanya and Nityananda used to dance in their kirtana performances
- The twenty-four forms are (1) Vasudeva, (2) Sankarsana, (3) Pradyumna, (4) Aniruddha, (5) Kesava, (6) Narayana, (7) Madhava, (8) Govinda, (9) Visnu, (10) Madhusudana, (11) Trivikrama, (12) Vamana, (13) Sridhara, (14) Hrsikesa, (15) Padmanabha
- The Vrndavana Deities of Madana-mohana with Srimati Radharani, Govinda with Srimati Radharani, and Gopinatha with Srimati Radharani are the life and soul of the Gaudiya Vaisnavas
- Then Govinda spread the Lord's wrapper over His body and in this way entered the room by crossing over the Lord
- Then Ramananda Raya returned home, and Svarupa Damodara Gosvami and Govinda lay down in front of the door to Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's room
- There are many other forms of the Lord and they are differently known as 2) Vasudeva, Damodara, Janardana, Narayana, Hari, Padmanabha, Vamana, Madhusudana, Govinda, Krsna, Visnumurti, Adhoksaja and Upendra
- There are other descriptions in the Vedic language also. Tam ekam govindam: "You are Govinda, the pleasure of the senses and the cows." BG 1972 purports
- There is no benefit in transferring from one forest to another. One must go to the Vrndavana forest and take shelter of Govinda. That will make one happy
- There was no way to go. How could he leave? When he thought of crossing over the Lord's body, he considered it a great offense
- Therefore who can describe the mercy of the lotus feet of Him (Lord Nityananda) by whom I have attained the shelter of this Lord Govinda?
- These three Deities of Vrndavana (Madana-mohana, Govinda and Gopinatha) have absorbed the heart and soul of the Gaudiya Vaisnavas (followers of Lord Caitanya). I worship Their lotus feet, for They are the Lords of my heart
- They brought the Lord to His bed, calmed Him and then asked, "Why have You done this to Yourself"
- Thinking in this way, Govinda kept silent. He did not reply to the Lord's inquiry
- This means that simply by visiting the Deity of Govinda in Vrndavana one becomes highly elevated in pious life
- This oil was placed in the care of Govinda, and Jagadananda requested him, "Please rub this oil on the body of the Lord"
- This time when the Lord lay down, He occupied the entire doorway. Govinda could not enter the room, and therefore he made the following request
- Those who want to enjoy life in the materialistic way of society, friendship and love should not go to the Yamuna to see the form of Govinda
- Thus both Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu and Govinda ate only half the food they needed. Because of this, all the other devotees gave up eating
- To invite Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu would cost 320 kaudis (small conchshells). This would provide lunch for three people, including Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu and sometimes Kasisvara and Govinda
- Unable to find any other source of deliverance, they (the inhabitants of Vrndavana) all approached Govinda to take shelter at His lotus feet
- Under Raghunatha Bhatta Gosvami’s order, one of his disciples constructed the Govinda temple. Raghunatha Bhatta Gosvami supplied all the ornaments of the Govinda Deity
- Undoubtedly it is troublesome to go from one place to another, but one who is intelligent can take shelter of the lotus feet of Govinda and thereby be automatically sanctified as the result of his pilgrimage
- Vidura retired from putting questions before Maitreya Muni when he was convinced by him that the summum bonum of life is to be finally situated in the transcendental loving service of Lord Sri Krsna ,Govinda one who satisfies His devotees in all respects
- Vidura was successful in approaching such a spiritual master like Maitreya, and he got the ultimate goal of life: bhakti unto Govinda. Thus there was nothing to be known further about spiritual progress
- Viraha means separation. "On account of separation." So this should be the only cause, that you cannot tolerate the separation of Govinda. That is love
- Visnu-tattva is an unlimited expansion of different transcendental forms of the Personality of Godhead, and the supreme or original form of visnu-tattva is Govinda, or Lord Krsna, the supreme cause of all causes
- Visnu-tattvas are represented by various names and forms, such as Narayana, Damodara, Vamana, Govinda and Adhoksaja
- Viththalesvara had seven sons: Giridhara, Govinda, Balakrsna, Gokulesa, Raghunatha, Yadunatha and Ghanasyama
- We are Brahma sampradaya-our disciplic succession from Brahma. Therefore we shall accept Brahma's statement and we worship adi-purusam, Govindam
- We are very much obliged to our disciple Srimati Govinda dasi because she has taken much care to grow tulasi plants from seeds, and she has been successful by the grace of Krsna. Now tulasi plants are growing in almost every center of our movement
- We do not say that we do not believe in the demigods. No, we believe in. But they are servants. We cannot make the servant & master on the equal footing. We worship Durga. Now, what is the function? She is acting by the desire of the Supreme Lord, Govinda
- We have also started a restaurant in Honolulu and it is going on very nicely and we are getting good profit. If you take details from Srutakirti das Adhikari, he is in charge of the Govinda's Restaurant and he may be able to help you
- When Govinda came to Haridasa, he saw that Haridasa Thakura was lying on his back and chanting his rounds very slowly
- When Govinda informed Jagadananda Pandita of this message, Jagadananda remained silent, not saying even a word
- When Govinda offered his obeisances by falling down flat before Advaita Acarya, Advaita Acarya asked Svarupa Damodara about his identity, for He did not know Govinda at that time
- When Govinda saw that the Lord had not yet risen, he awakened Him. Understanding that He had only been dreaming, the Lord was somewhat unhappy
- When he saw this, Caitanya Mahaprabhu's personal servant, Govinda, hastily got her down from her position. Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, however, chastised him for this
- When one comes to his senses on the spiritual platform he becomes so eager to meet Govinda that without Govinda the entire world becomes a vacant place
- When one tries to satisfy the senses of Govinda without desiring to satisfy one's own senses - then by the grace of Govinda all desires of the living entity are satisfied. BG 1972 purports
- When Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu heard news of this from the mouth of Govinda, He went there the next day and spoke as follows
- When Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu saw Govinda sitting by His side, He was somewhat angry. "Why have you been sitting here for so long today?" the Lord asked
- When Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu went to visit the temple, Kasisvara walked in front, checking the crowds of people, and Govinda walked in the rear, bringing the sannyasi's pitcher filled with water
- When Srikanta offered obeisances to the Lord, he was still wearing his shirt and coat. Therefore Govinda told him, "My dear Srikanta, first take off these garments"
- When ten days had passed, Govinda again told Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, "It is the desire of Jagadananda Pandita that Your Lordship accept the oil"
- When the devotees questioned Govinda, he had to tell them lies. Therefore one day he spoke to the Lord in disappointment
- When they received the remnants of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu’s prasadam through Govinda, they respected it, and then they both began to dance in ecstasy
- When this (relationship with Krsna) is established, Krsnadasa begins to worship the functional Deity, Govinda. Govinda resides eternally in Vrndavana
- When this is established, in the sixteenth verse Krsnadasa offers his obeisances to the functional Deity, Govinda. The Govinda Deity is called the functional Deity because He shows us how to serve Radha and Krsna - CC Intro
- While decorating the body with tilaka, we give protection to the body by chanting twelve names of Visnu. Although Govinda, or Lord Visnu, is one, He has different names and forms with which to act differently
- While marking the body with tilaka, one should chant the following mantra, which consists oftwelve names of Lord Visnu: one should remember Madhava, and when marking the hollow of the neck one should remember Govinda
- While quivering in this way, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu fell down on the ground. Then Govinda approached Him
- Why didn't you go to take your meal after I fell asleep? the Lord asked
- Within a very short time, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu ate enough for a hundred people. Then He asked Govinda, "Is there anything more left"