This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
- ► Low Caste (1 C, 30 P)
Pages in category "Low Families"
The following 46 pages are in this category, out of 46 total.
- A devotee born in a low candala family is better than such brahmanas (expert in karma-kanda), not to speak of the ksatriyas, vaisyas and others. A devotee is better than anyone, for he is in the transcendental position on the Brahman platform
- A devotee, although born in a candala (dog-eater) family, can purify his whole family for one hundred generations, past and future, by devotional service, whereas a proud brahmana cannot even purify himself
- A person born in a low family is not unfit for discharging devotional service to Lord Krsna, nor is one fit for devotional service simply because he is born in an aristocratic family of brahmanas
- A person who always chants the holy name of the Lord is already beyond the ocean of nescience, and thus even a person born in a low family who engages in chanting the holy name of the Lord is considered to be beyond the study of Vedanta philosophy
- A person who follows the Ratha-yatra car when the Rathas (Deities) pass in front or from behind, even if born of a lowly family, will surely be elevated to the position of achieving equal opulence with Visnu
- Actually a sannyasi or a brahmana will not accept an invitation extended by a person born in a lower family. However, there are many devotees who are raised to the platform of brahmana by their initiation. These people are called sudra-mahajana
- Although a fallen devotee may take his next birth in a low family, his devotional service will nonetheless resume from where it left off. Devotional service is ahaituky apratihata
- Although Ramananda, out of his meek and gentle behavior, considered himself to be born in a lower sudra family, Lord Caitanya nonetheless considered him to be situated in the highest transcendental stage of devotion
- Anyone who will take shelter in Me, whether a woman, or a merchant, or one born in a low family, can yet approach the supreme destination. How much greater then are the brahmanas, the righteous, the devotees, and saintly kings! BG 1972 Introduction
- Because Devayani liked Yayati, who was a ksatriya, she requested him to accept her as his bona fide wife. Although this would be pratiloma-vivaha, a marriage between the daughter of a high family and the son of a lower family
- Because of prarabdha, sinful reactions that have already fructified, one is seen to have taken birth in a low family or to be suffering from other miseries
- Even if one is born in a low family, like a family of candalas (dog-eaters), one can become filled with transcendental symptoms through realization of the supreme stage of love of Godhead. These transcendental symptoms are described in Srimad-Bhagavatam
- Even the low-born candalas and those who are born in a family of unbelievers, and even the prostitutes, shall attain perfection of life if they take shelter of unalloyed devotional service to Me
- If this pure mentality is there (the holy name has to be chanted to please God) then even though a person is born of a low family, such as a dog-eater's, he is so glorious that not only has he purified himself, but he is quite competent to deliver others
- In Srimad-Bhagavatam (SB 3.33.7) Devahuti says to Kapiladeva: O my Lord, even a person born in a low family of dog-eaters is glorious if he always chants the holy name of the Lord
- In the Bhagavad-gita the Lord says, "O son of Prtha, even the low-born candalas and those who are born in a family of unbelievers, and even the prostitutes, shall attain perfection of life if they take shelter of unalloyed devotional service to Me"
- In the Vedic literatures it is stated that the Personality of Godhead does not recognize a person who is very learned in all the divisions of the Vedas, but, rather, He likes a person who is a devotee, even though he may be born in a low family
- It does not matter if one is born of low grade family
- It does not matter whether a person is a vipra (learned scholar in Vedic wisdom) or is born in a lower family, or is in the renounced order of life - if he is master in the science of Krsna, he is the perfect and bona fide spiritual master. BG 1972 pur
- It is also stated in the Vedas that if a girl is highly qualified or beautiful, she can be accepted in marriage even though born in a lower family. Thus it is not birth that is important, but qualification
- Lord Krsna says, "Even if a nondevotee comes from a brahmana family and is expert in studying the Vedas, he is not very dear to Me (Krsna), whereas even if a sincere devotee comes from a low family of meat-eaters, he is very dear to Me"
- Lord Krsna says, "Even if a sincere devotee comes from a low family of meat-eaters, he is very dear to Me (Krsna). Such a sincere pure devotee should be given charity, for he is as worshipable as I"
- Mature sinful activities are exhibited if one is suffering from some chronic disease, if one is suffering from some legal implication, if one is born in a low and degraded family, or if one is uneducated or very ugly
- My dear Lord, anyone who always keeps Your holy name on his tongue is greater than an initiated brahmana. Although he may be born in a family of dog-eaters and therefore, by material calculations, be the lowest of men, he is glorious nevertheless
- O impudent one, my dear son, now take birth in a low, sinful family of demons so that you will not commit such an offense again toward exalted, saintly persons in this world
- O my Lord, a person who is chanting Your holy name, although born of a low family like that of a candala (dog eater), is situated on the highest platform of self-realization. BG 1972 purports
- One need not have taken birth in an aristocratic brahmana family to attain the lotus feet of Krsna, nor is a person born in a low family unfit for achieving Krsna’s lotus feet
- One should overlook a devotee's having a body born in a low family, a body with a bad complexion, a deformed body, or a diseased or infirm body
- One who takes shelter of Him (Lord Krsna) for the right purpose, be that person a sudra, a woman or a member of a low-grade family, will attain the highest goal of life
- Sanatana fell at the feet of the Lord and with great humility asked about his own real identity. "I am born of a lower family," Sanatana said
- Sanatana Gosvami said, "I was born in a low family, and my associates are all low-class men. I myself am fallen and am the lowest of men. Indeed, I have passed my whole life fallen in the well of sinful materialism"
- Sanatana Gosvami said, "I was born in a low family, for my family commits all kinds of irreligious acts that violate the scriptural injunctions"
- Sanatana Gosvami said: I am born of a very low family, and I have always associated with lowly people; therefore I am the lowest of sinners. Yet You (Caitanya) are so kind that You have taught me lessons which are not even understood by Lord Brahma
- Some consider their age and circumstances, concern themselves with the influence of time and thus engage in pious activities so that in the future they will not be put into a low family or an animal species
- Srila Advaita Acarya was not afraid of the strict brahminical culture and customs of society. As stated in the sastric injunctions, which are the true medium of evidence or proof, anyone can go back to Godhead, even if born of a low family
- Suta Gosvami did not take his birth in a brahmana family. He was born in a family of mixed caste, or an uncultured low family
- The brahmanas, the members of the most elevated varna, are teachers, but a person in a lower family, such as a family of ksatriyas, vaisyas or even sudras, may be accepted as a teacher if he has knowledge
- The Krsna consciousness movement is creating pure, exalted Vaisnavas even from those born in families considered lower than those of sudras. This is proof that a Vaisnava may appear in any family, as confirmed in Srimad-Bhagavatam
- The Lord will not accept a brahmana who has studied the four Vedas if he is not a devotee but He will accept someone from a very low family if he is a pure devotee
- They (low family born) have to await their next birth in a family of brahmanas so that they can perform the Vedic rituals. But actually that is not the case. Such a man does not need to wait for the next birth to become purified. He is at once purified